Ajax club partnerships

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Ajax club partnerships

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Would be sad to see them go but even if they survive financially as Ko says they are bottom of their league and could be relegated.

I can see Lazic Padt and Zeegelaar going there but not Blind or Sarpong . Surely they would be looking to play in the eredivisie. At the last transfer deadline rumour was Blind was going to Haarlem and Sarpong Volendam but neither wanted to go down a division.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 19, 2009 1:46 pm

I see our old friend Manucharyan wants to return to Ajax hopefully next month !! No thank you please leave him there for the season.

Haarlem will definately get some of our young players next month. I notice they lost again yesterday and are 3 pints adrift at the bottom.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jan 10, 2010 1:37 pm

To those who read Portugese...

Brazilian side Palmeiras published a story on their 'technical partnership' with Ajax: HERE.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 12, 2010 8:52 pm

What is the latest on Haarlem . I read Ajax have again refused financial help and they have not paid December salaries.

I imagine the delay in us loaning players maybe that Haarlem may go under ! Are they likely to go out of business soon?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 25, 2010 3:12 pm

Not an Eredivisie side, but a First Division side, but still...

Newspaper Algemeen Dagblad and Sportweek magazine have just announced that FC Haarlem, are now officially out of business. Club has folded. They will disapper from the league immediately.

The club was founded on October 1st, 1889. They were champions of The Netherlands in 1946 and won the Dutch Cup in 1902 and 1912.

Sad but true: this club could no longer exist. That's the bitter truth. Terrible news for the fans, though.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 25, 2010 3:35 pm

A sad day for dutch footy and the people of Haarlem .

Ps Our 5 loan players will now be back but that is of no importance to the club folding immediately

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 25, 2010 7:23 pm

SPL schreef:Ps Our 5 loan players will now be back but that is of no importance to the club folding immediately
Correct. The practical consequence of this will be that Edgar Manucharyan, Tayfun Candan, Sergio Padt, Timothy van der Meulen and Javier Martina will return to Amsterdam and go back in training with Young Ajax. The two Ajax coaches working at Haarlem, Hennie Spijkerman and Rob Witschge, will also return to the mothership. Ajax will give them new, appropriate tasks.

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jan 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Not an Eredivisie side, but a First Division side, but still...

Newspaper Algemeen Dagblad and Sportweek magazine have just announced that FC Haarlem, are now officially out of business. Club has folded. They will disapper from the league immediately.

The club was founded on October 1st, 1889. They were champions of The Netherlands in 1946 and won the Dutch Cup in 1902 and 1912.

Sad but true: this club could no longer exist. That's the bitter truth. Terrible news for the fans, though.

K.
Very sad - I've been there a couple of times and the support was small but certainly passionate. If this happened in the UK it's likely that another "phoenix" club would be formed at a lower level (has happened loads with both league and non-league clubs). Is that likely in Holland. Would be even sadder if a town the size the size of Haarlem completely lost it's representative team.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do jan 28, 2010 1:15 am

Very sorry to hear about the demise of HFC Haarlem . I also had the pleasure of attending matches in Haarlem twice , vs. De Graafschap and Cambuur Leeuwarden . I enjoyed my visits there .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 30, 2010 8:07 pm

Haarlem are looking into reforming as amatuer team in the hoofdklasse. For the rest of this season I believe their youth teams will continue to play in the various age groups. This is great as 160 kids are with their age groups and it looks like they will continue to get games.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mei 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Ajax Cape Town beat Golden Arrows today (3-0), which was an important win for them: it means they're avoid the promotion/relegation play-offs (and the possibility of going down). They were not safe until the very last matchday.

I can't say I follow Ajax Cape Town, I'm not genuinely interested, to be honest. But this is good news for the Amsterdam mothership, I suppose.

Ajax Cape Town had very poor season and there was a very controversial incident when Ajax Cape Town fired their head-coach (Jan Versleijen) without discussing this with Ajax Amsterdam. Versleijen had been placed there by Ajax, but the ACT management just axed him. Ajax (Amsterdam) was very angry about this and actually threatened to end the partnership and cut ACT loose.

The two clubs appear to be on speaking terms again, but Ajax were not amused by this affair, so the partnership is 'under pressure'.

K.
Still alive...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mei 18, 2013 7:17 pm

Ko, does Ajax have any financial obligation to Ajax Capetown? If so, it's difficult to figure out what they get out of it.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 19, 2013 9:32 am

Orange14 schreef:Ko, does Ajax have any financial obligation to Ajax Capetown? If so, it's difficult to figure out what they get out of it.
Last time I asked (a few years ago) someone at Ajax informed me that ACT currently costs Ajax less than 1 million euros a year. This season was a rough season for them, but ACT has actually made profit in a few recent seasons (including one in which they won the cup and did well internationally, in the African Champions League or UEFA Cup). The club can make ends meet, more or less.

It doesn't cost much, but it doesn't bring Ajax as much as they'd hoped for, either: only three first teamers (Steven Pienaar, Eyong Enoh and Thulani Serero) plus two Young Ajax players (Stanton Lewis and Daylon Claasen). Mind you: Benni McCarthy was purchased from Seven Stars before the foundation of Ajax Cape Town, so we can't really count him (although Ajax's early South African contacts were helpful in completing the McCarthy transfer).

An important sidenote: Ajax have always stressed that their South African investments must also be regarded as 'a contribution to a good cause'. Steven Pienaar has a foundation for kids from the townships and there are several other football projects in the townships that Ajax supports. There is some idealism involved.

I'm sure there will be 'moments of evaluation' in the near future - and I'm not sure what Ajax will decide. The whole 'international partnership project' has failed (Ajax Cape Town is the last one), so maybe the partnership will be terminated or scaled down. Wouldn't surprise me. The fact that Overmars threatens to cut ACT loose says something, I guess: he obviously wouldn't have said that to a project that's an absolute goldmine.

K.
Still alive...

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma sep 28, 2020 5:55 pm

Ajax Amsterdam has decided to sell it's majority stake of 51% in Ajax CT to the minority shareholder https://www.ajax.nl/artikelen/ajax-verk ... cape-town/

I feel this was a long time coming as we only got 3 decent players over the last 21 years from this partnership - Benny, Pienaar and Serrero

Plaats reactie