Young Ajax in the Jupiler League

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Young Ajax in the Jupiler League

Bericht door SPL » ma feb 17, 2020 8:15 pm

Just started v NAC says tv but cannot find a stream .

Kotarski,Mazraoui,JTimber,Pierie,Castillo,QTimber,Jensen,Ekkelenkamp,Danilio Pereira,Brobbey,Unuvar

subs Reiziger,VGelderen,Douglas,Hansen,Taylor,Mendez plus Thetani and Solomons

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma feb 17, 2020 10:05 pm

Another defeat 4-2 having been 2-0 up after 30 mins .Kotarksi's mistakes accounted for 2 goals.Maybe we need to find some goalkeepers from Holland.Varela and Kotarski now giving away 2 games.

Pereira and Brobbey our goals.Hansen for Brobbey and Taylor for Unuvar around the 60 min mark but Mazraoui went off with an ankle injury after 70 mins ,V Gelderen sub.

Problem with this team they are young kids playing mainly adults although Jong Utrecht were not adults.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 21, 2020 8:03 pm

About to play Helmond Sports away

Scherpen,V Gelderen,Kasanwirjo,Pierie,Castillo,Jensen,Taylor,Reeger,QTimber,Hansen,Unuvar

subs El Maach,Kemper,Salah-Eddine,Mendez,Pynadath,Theatni,Solomons.

Kasanwirjo 18 only 2 days ago,and Reeger only 16 ,promoted from U19 and a very young inexperienced team.Both very good prospects.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 21, 2020 9:58 pm

A 2-0 win tonight with goals by Hansen and Mendez. Subs were Mendez for Jensen on 70,Pynadath for Reeger on 80 and Kemper for Unuvar on 86

A fine win as the starting lineup was 18 years and 204 days ,the youngest lineup ever in the 2nd league of Holland.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma feb 24, 2020 5:45 pm

SPL - in your view, which kids in this group are ready to make the step to the first team in the summer?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di feb 25, 2020 1:29 pm

Amol my thoughts on who might make it to the first team squad .Orange 14 and others feel free.

Traore can be considered a first team squad player and Danilo Pereira and Jurrien Timber have made the bench .I expect JT to be in the first team squad next season and Unuvar also. Not sure of Pereira and he like Ekkelenkamp could do with being loaned out.Scherpen is making progress and could be No 2 goalie next season.

Of the other regulars In Jong Quinten Timber is making good strides in MF. Taylor,Brobbey,Hansen all probably need more game time in Jong next season but I see them getting chances.

Of the others in the squad Castillo could be back up LB but Pierie may go back to Heerenveen on loan as Botman looks like coming back.Jensen and Mendez both should not be ruled out yet and will need more time at Jong especially Jensen who has had injuries.

Finally expect to see current u19 players Llansana,Kasanwirjo,Salah-Eddine,Reeger and Rensch regularly in Jong Ajax next season.

Right over to our pal Orange 14 or any of the Dutch guys who follow Jong closely.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di feb 25, 2020 2:07 pm

SPL schreef:
di feb 25, 2020 1:29 pm
Amol my thoughts on who might make it to the first team squad .Orange 14 and others feel free.

Traore can be considered a first team squad player and Danilo Pereira and Jurrien Timber have made the bench .I expect JT to be in the first team squad next season and Unuvar also. Not sure of Pereira and he like Ekkelenkamp could do with being loaned out.Scherpen is making progress and could be No 2 goalie next season.

Of the other regulars In Jong Quinten Timber is making good strides in MF. Taylor,Brobbey,Hansen all probably need more game time in Jong next season but I see them getting chances.

Of the others in the squad Castillo could be back up LB but Pierie may go back to Heerenveen on loan as Botman looks like coming back.Jensen and Mendez both should not be ruled out yet and will need more time at Jong especially Jensen who has had injuries.

Finally expect to see current u19 players Llansana,Kasanwirjo,Salah-Eddine,Reeger and Rensch regularly in Jong Ajax next season.

Right over to our pal Orange 14 or any of the Dutch guys who follow Jong closely.
I think SPL has captured my thoughts as well. I will only add some additional considerations. I thin Unuvar is a real talent but I don't know what his position is. He is good on the ball with very nice field vision which leads me to think he might be best in the MF. However, he's been deployed as a wing player by both Ajax and the Dutch youth NT. I don't know about Danilo. He will likely stay with the team if only to have a Brazilian speaker when Antony arrives next summer as Neres will presumably leave (I say presumably as I worry his knee problems are more severe than have been reported).

Ekkelenkamp is a very hard worker but is he more of a Klaassen player or van de Beek? I don't know as his playing time on the first team has been limited so far but I'm not sure he has the speed van de Beek has but he appears to be better on the ball than Klaassen. Digressing for a moment, it is interesting that Werder have played Klaassen as their primary holding MF which is something I though Ajax should have done. Scherpen appears to be a solid keeper and he's quite tall but very quick as well.

I watched most of the Dutch youth WC matches last year. Hansen is the real deal and I think Brobbey, though a bit short, is as well. Brobbey reminds me a little of Kun Agurero; let's hope that's the kind of player he becomes. I'm not sure about Taylor as his quickness is not evident. He seldom loses the ball which is good but is he more of a defensive MF for the future? Rensch appears to be a very good prospect but needs more playing time at the higher level. Reeger was used as a CB when suspensions piled up for the NT and was decent. I'm not convinced by Salah-Eddine who seems to give the ball away cheaply. Castillo is only 20 and may be the best LB prospect.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di feb 25, 2020 5:29 pm

Orange and myself must think very similar with our youths .I agree with all his comments above .I too am not sure about Eddine. Rensch is just 17 and although a Cd is being played in MF in recent games.Reeger,not 17 until August is back playing MF.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo feb 26, 2020 4:06 pm

SPL & Orange14 - Thanks for the great in-depth answer to my question.

So sounds like Scherpen is doing great and ready to move up to the first team. Would Varela/Scherpen be ready to take over if Onana leaves? That's a huge hole to fill. We were all equally scared when Onana took over from Cillessen :smallgrin.gif:

I agree about Traore - he's getting playing time and he's already first team. Just need to build up experience to play against wily teams like Getafe.

I've heard great things about Hansen. Hopefully Neres might stay another year (with all the injuries he's had this year) which lets Hansen the time to make sub appearances without any pressure next year.

Castillo - is he good enough to replace Nico this summer?

I've read a lot about Taylor's leadership abilities, but if he's a DM, we have an overload of players who can play that position currently. Martinez/Eiting/Blind.

Ekkelenkamp/Gravenberch will be asked to replace Donny.

Botman will definitely be back to be the secondary LCB.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 28, 2020 8:06 pm

About to play Telstar, Scherpen,V Gelderen,Kasanwirjo,Pierie,Castillo,Taylor,Jensen,Reeger,QTimber,Hansen,Unuvar

subs El Maach,Kemper,Mendez,Pynadath,Solomons,Thetani

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 28, 2020 10:14 pm

Finished 2-2 ,Hansen and Jensen goals in the 1st half but Telstar got 2 in the 2nd half including a late penalty to get the point.

subs in the 2nd half,Mendez for Reeger,Kemper for Kasanwirjo and Pynadath for Jensen

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 06, 2020 8:13 pm

Just started v Volendam away .Have to say I would love to watch a live game in little Volendam. Lovely little old fishing village.
Afternoon in stunningly beautiful Edam ,then fish and chips and a beer by the Harbour side and a game of football.Magic ,I must do this.

Kotarski,V Gelderen,Kasanwirjo,Pierie,Kemper,Taylor,Mendez,Reeger,QTimber,Unuvar,Castillo

subs El Maach,Douglas,Llansana,Jensen,Hansen,Thatani,Solomons

Strange forward line up

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 06, 2020 10:04 pm

Lost 4-0 , it was 2-0 at Ht Antonucci an ex Jong Ajax player scored twice for them. They are now 3rd we are 4th .

A very young side starting with 2 MF and a fullback for our forward line up.Brobbey is injured and Traore and Danilo with the 1st. Hansen for Unuvar for the 2nd half,Jensen for QTimber on 63 and Llansana for Reeger on 85 subs.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 02, 2020 12:39 pm

First pre season friendly for Jong Ajax yesterday a 2-0 defeat at Almere.20 players used nearly all teenagers.Unuvar missing with groin injury and Brobbey awaiting covid test .Worrying news Salah-Eddine was carried off, no news though.Hope he is ok.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 10, 2020 12:18 pm

2 more friendlies ,beat Telstar 2-0 and lost 3-2 to Jong AZ.

Bad news for Salah-Eddine he has broken his fibula and torn ankle ligaments and out for 3 to 6 months.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 13, 2020 12:16 pm

Lost 2-1 to Jong Utrecht last night but we put out a weakened side with a few U18 squad

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 30, 2020 2:38 pm

1st game of new season 1-0 down to Roda at HT

Scherpen,Vd Sloot,Llansana,Musampa,Douglas,Warmerdam,Taylor,Reeger,Martha,Rasmussen,Giovanni

Subs Rezieger,V Gelderen,Tasic,Brobbey

Think Hansen is qurantening due to covid

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 30, 2020 4:28 pm

We lost 4-0,a very young side basically an U19 squad.Brobbey,v Gelderen and Tasci all used as subs

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 11, 2020 7:38 pm

2nd league game away to NEC ko 21.00 CET on tv so streams.I am busy this evening so wont catch much of the game.

Kotarski,v d Sloot,Kasanwijo,Musampa,Douglas,Llansana,Reeger,Taylor,Q Timber,Brobbey,Unuvar

subs Reiziger,de Waal,Warmerdam,Hillen,Rasmussen,Mendez ,Giovanni

The starting lineup are all teenagers and indeed only Mendez is not a teenager(he was only 20 last week) First time we have put out an all teenage lineup. Jansen,V Gelderen both injured but nothing about Hansen. He Brobbey and the Timbers have not signed new contracts and I do wonder if Hansen is about to leave.

I am a lover of our youth but not sure what we are going to do with so young a squad!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 11, 2020 8:29 pm

Already 1-0 down but I hear Hansen has flu like symptoms so unfit.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr sep 11, 2020 9:17 pm

SPL schreef:
vr sep 11, 2020 7:38 pm
2nd league game away to NEC ko 21.00 CET on tv so streams.I am busy this evening so wont catch much of the game.

Kotarski,v d Sloot,Kasanwijo,Musampa,Douglas,Llansana,Reeger,Taylor,Q Timber,Brobbey,Unuvar

subs Reiziger,de Waal,Warmerdam,Hillen,Rasmussen,Mendez ,Giovanni

The starting lineup are all teenagers and indeed only Mendez is not a teenager(he was only 20 last week) First time we have put out an all teenage lineup. Jansen,V Gelderen both injured but nothing about Hansen. He Brobbey and the Timbers have not signed new contracts and I do wonder if Hansen is about to leave.

I am a lover of our youth but not sure what we are going to do with so young a squad!!

Well Hansen did unfollow Ajax on instagram, so it is looking increasingly likely that he will leave, where to? Do Man city still want him?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 11, 2020 10:01 pm

Lost 2-1 Giovanni made it 1-1 then we gave away a pen.Not bad considering our young ages.

Giovanni,de Waal,Mendez and Rasmussen all used as subs.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr sep 11, 2020 11:16 pm

SPL schreef:
vr sep 11, 2020 10:01 pm
Lost 2-1 Giovanni made it 1-1 then we gave away a pen.Not bad considering our young ages.

Giovanni,de Waal,Mendez and Rasmussen all used as subs.
Apart from Giovanni, how did the other subs do?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma sep 14, 2020 1:15 pm

Playing Jong PSV tonight at home 18.45 CET .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma sep 14, 2020 6:55 pm

Just started 2nd half and we are 2-1 down to Jong PSV .Ekkelenkamp got one back just before HT.I have only just got in so again will give the rest of the game a miss watchingwise.

Kotarski,QTimber,JTimber,Kasanwirjo,Douglas,Llansana,Ekkelekamp,Taylor,Reeger,Traore,Giovanni.

subs ,Reiziger,v d Sloot,Musampa,Unuvar,Brobbey,de Waal,Mendez

Plaats reactie