Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 31, 2020 9:58 pm

It's funny to me how optimism and pessimism waver just before the season. Ajax have lost players before the season in the past and will continue to do so as long as there is an imbalance in finances, particularly with the English league and all the television money. Did anyone think that Ajax would make a run to the 2017 Europa League final or come within a minute of making a Champions League final two years later? Let's wait to see how things work out. It just might be that there won't be any takers for Tagliafico. We still don't know what kind of lineup ten Hag will field. He has a lot of players that can fit in multiple places and maybe Eiting should be tried out as a left back the way Sinkgraven was.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma aug 31, 2020 11:50 pm

Yep, and with Donny and Ziyech already gone it's going to be a different-looking Ajax this season for sure. Defence is a bit of a question mark but it was at the start of last season as well.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di sep 01, 2020 7:18 am

Orange14 schreef:
ma aug 31, 2020 9:58 pm
It's funny to me how optimism and pessimism waver just before the season. Ajax have lost players before the season in the past and will continue to do so as long as there is an imbalance in finances, particularly with the English league and all the television money. Did anyone think that Ajax would make a run to the 2017 Europa League final or come within a minute of making a Champions League final two years later? Let's wait to see how things work out. It just might be that there won't be any takers for Tagliafico. We still don't know what kind of lineup ten Hag will field. He has a lot of players that can fit in multiple places and maybe Eiting should be tried out as a left back the way Sinkgraven was.
Yes but back then in Summer 2016, Ajax lost Milik and Cillissen and already had replacements, don't forget the emergency signing of Ziyech. In Summer 2018, Ajax made key purchases of experienced players, Tadic and Blind, and only lost Justin Kluivert. As SPL said previously, if van de Beek leaves, Ajax midfield will be (drastically) weakened. Hell even last summer Ajax made a singing that was effective in Promes, an experienced player in his late 20s. This summer Ajax needed either someone to step up for the hole in midfield, as stated, Alvarez can't, Taylor is too young, and can get minutes as a sub in Eredivisie games, Eiting is injury prone, and nobody is excited about his future at Ajax (If he has one). All you have left is Martinez, that is assuming that Tagliafico stays and Blind returns.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di sep 01, 2020 1:30 pm

Without a full arena's worth of match day income, Ajax are financially hamstrung as are most other Euro clubs other than those funded by oil money.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di sep 01, 2020 6:27 pm

Now Magallan going on a one year rental to Crotone with an option to buy for 9 million. Sale will 100% not go through next year. No one in their right minds will pay 9 million for Magallan.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di sep 01, 2020 7:10 pm

Just seen the wonderful news.Agree they wont pay 9m but if he has a decent season we could get 5or 6m.

Incidently I see Marin like Botman has signed a long term contract so his transfer fee 10m max has been agreed. I imagine they may have paid a bit as rental fee.

So we are left with Dest Tagliafico and Onana but will Overmars say no more sales after 12 Sept with the season starting!!

We now need a MF,plus a LCD if Blind does not play for a long time and a LB and goalie if the above go.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di sep 01, 2020 8:11 pm

I'm not sure Dest goes anywhere. He is not ready yet and Bayern certainly are not going to take a flyer on him. Onana would have already left if there was interest. I don't think he wants to be a #2 keeper anywhere. Big worry with him is for a mid-table English team to put in a bid as they have lots of television money to throw around. Question then becomes whether Onana wants to play for a team that never plays in Europe or stay with Ajax who will. Tagliafico wants to leave but where to?

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo sep 02, 2020 4:37 am

I still trying to figure out how set in stone Overmars' 12th September outgoing transfer deadline is. We've all been here long enough and have seen more than enough players leave on the last day of the transfer window.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo sep 02, 2020 12:05 pm

I’ve always wished Ajax would refuse transfers after the season starts. I know players who want to leave might not like it, I guess Ajax could make it clear in player contracts or something.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo sep 02, 2020 7:48 pm

vdb gone for 39 million plus 5 in possible bonuses. he signs a 5 year contract and will wear jersey #34. i will miss the kid greatly. always a hard worker. wish him all the best and i actually think he will do well in england.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo sep 02, 2020 11:48 pm

Wish all the best to Donny and hope to see him back as a 28/29 year old. Probably won't happen that early, but I can always hope. Right? :tranen.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do sep 03, 2020 2:23 am

kezme44 schreef:
wo sep 02, 2020 7:48 pm
vdb gone for 39 million plus 5 in possible bonuses. he signs a 5 year contract and will wear jersey #34.
We can only hope that Appie is smiling about the jersey number!

bryan

Bericht door bryan » do sep 03, 2020 8:31 am

Doesn't seem like a good deal to me. But then maybe transfer fees are down in general due to Corona.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » do sep 03, 2020 7:06 pm

pre-corona i would have said the price is 55. 39+5 is not bad. bruno fernandes cost manu 55 (and up to 25 in bonuses), and he is a bit better than donny as this point. and that was also pre-corona.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr sep 04, 2020 5:41 am

kezme44 schreef:
do sep 03, 2020 7:06 pm
pre-corona i would have said the price is 55. 39+5 is not bad. bruno fernandes cost manu 55 (and up to 25 in bonuses), and he is a bit better than donny as this point. and that was also pre-corona.
Agreed. Pre-corona price for DVB was rumored to be in the 55-60million range. We also probably asked him to stay a year longer and promised to let him leave for a bit cheaper.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za sep 05, 2020 1:45 pm

The Guardian has a very nice story on Donny and Apie today: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ited-nouri I still think about what could have been!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za sep 05, 2020 4:34 pm

Orange14 schreef:
za sep 05, 2020 1:45 pm
The Guardian has a very nice story on Donny and Apie today: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ited-nouri I still think about what could have been!
Thanks for sharing. Great article.

Still can't get over the tragedy which struck Appie

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 05, 2020 8:32 pm

Thanks from me as well on the article.Like Amol I too cannot get over this tragedy.Of course I shed a tear always have done always will.

Couldn't explain it to my wife but I guess only fellow Ajax fans understand.

Frenkie is at Barca,Donny at Manu but Appie the most talented of the 3 lies brain dead. Nothing is fair in life its all a lottery.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za sep 05, 2020 9:59 pm

SPL schreef:
za sep 05, 2020 8:32 pm
Frenkie is at Barca,Donny at Manu but Appie the most talented of the 3 lies brain dead. Nothing is fair in life its all a lottery.
i don't know if there is a YouTube clip anywhere but there was a Jong Ajax match when the three of the strung together about 20 passes in one series and it was just amazing to see. I don't think a goal was scored but you could see the magic that the three of them shared.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo sep 06, 2020 11:26 am

Orange

Think they did that many times ie 20 passes.It really was beautiful football from the 3 of them.Ajax style at its best.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do sep 17, 2020 1:01 pm

Dest to Bayern seems to be happening. I think it will be 20m plus add ons!!

Meanwhile Eiting is off on loan to Huddersfield for Championship in England .Strange choice of league as its very physical.

At least he will be reminded of home as the area has lots of canals .

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do sep 17, 2020 2:18 pm

SPL schreef:
do sep 17, 2020 1:01 pm
Dest to Bayern seems to be happening. I think it will be 20m plus add ons!!

Meanwhile Eiting is off on loan to Huddersfield for Championship in England .Strange choice of league as its very physical.

At least he will be reminded of home as the area has lots of canals .
I don't understand either move. Dest had 1 decent year last year and still needs to improve a few things. I don't know if his agent is forcing a move to get a better deal from Ajax, or if Barca/Bayern are truly after him.

Eiting is generally regarded as a smart kid, so my assumption is that he wants to go to the English Championship to test himself against more physical opposition.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do sep 17, 2020 2:26 pm

With Dest leaving and Timber injured badly, I believe we'll make an attempt to sign a new Right Back
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do sep 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Jurien Timber who is in the 1sr team is ok ,its his brother Quinten who plays MF mainly for Jong out injured

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do sep 17, 2020 6:44 pm

SPL schreef:
do sep 17, 2020 5:13 pm
Jurien Timber who is in the 1sr team is ok ,its his brother Quinten who plays MF mainly for Jong out injured
Didn't notice the name! Thanks.
May the Force be with you

Plaats reactie