New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door SPL » za jul 21, 2018 7:14 pm

Seems like Corinthians want at least 30m and Ajax are not getting him.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 13, 2018 7:41 pm

Sjaak Swart says we need a new right back ,100% agree with the great man. As I posted over the weekend we drew in Liege and on Saturday both down to mistakes by Mazraoui who is a midfielder and not a right back.

Talk today that we gave Sierhuis a start to see if he is good enough or do we need another back up striker as KJH is 35 and cannot play 2 games a week and Dolberg has become injury prone.

Cannot comment on Sierhuis as I only watched from 60 min onwards but he has a knack for scoring if he gets chances.

Biggest spot we need to buy is another winger Neres the only real winger and he has been very poor this season.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 13, 2018 8:37 pm

SPL schreef: Biggest spot we need to buy is another winger Neres the only real winger and he has been very poor this season.
I don't know whether Neres is upset because he thought there would be some big offers over the summer and he would not be with Ajax. the more likely explanation is that he is playing too much on the left side when he was exclusively on the right side last season with Younes and Kluivert on the left. From what I saw of Serbia in the World Cup, Tadic was on the left wing for them.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » di aug 14, 2018 4:23 pm

What else we need is a real central defender to pair up with DeLigt so that Frenkie stops being wasted in that position. If I am Frenkie I will want to get away from Ajax as far and as fast as I can before my career gets ruined by being played out of position and having all future prospects slotting me into a central defender position.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 05, 2018 8:06 pm

Magallan the Argentinian Cd is back as a transfer target .Talk of 9m transfer in January. He can then take over from de Ligt next season.

When in Amsterdam last month 1 or 2 fans including our pal Cruijff all say Vertonghen will return.If not 2019 then 2020.Think he has a contract to 2019 but Spurs have an option of a further year.Jan will be 32 next year and I would not want Ajax to pay Spurs any money for him.

Also talk that Suarez will return when Barca finish with him .Not sure about that but I would put money on Jan coming back .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm

I wonder what Perr Schuurs thinks about the proposed Magallan move?
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr dec 14, 2018 6:30 pm

According to ajaxshowtime, Boca have accepted our 9 million euros bid for Lissandro Magallan. I don't know a lot about him except what I saw in some youtube videos a few months ago. Not sure if he has enough to replace De Ligt, if that's the plan.

We're also bringing over Lassine Traore from Ajax CT. He's a 17 year old striker from Burkina Faso and he apparently impressed when he trained with Ajax-1 earlier this year.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Busy afternoon with 2 signings. de Ligt will be very hard to replace so lets see what this Argentinian does.

Traore is highly rated and signing in January when he is 18.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » za dec 15, 2018 2:17 pm

I saw both Boca-River games. Magallan had similar qualities with Tagliafico, as a fellow Argentinian.

+ : Strong, tall, passionate.

- : Not so fast (but De Ligt isn't a sprinter either), mediocre passing, not so technical or complete.

Technique could be improved and learning english or dutch could help him communicate and play better alongside... Blind? Aren't they both left footed?? Just asking
May the Force be with you

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za dec 15, 2018 9:30 pm

souras84 schreef:I saw both Boca-River games. Magallan had similar qualities with Tagliafico, as a fellow Argentinian.

+ : Strong, tall, passionate.

- : Not so fast (but De Ligt isn't a sprinter either), mediocre passing, not so technical or complete.

Technique could be improved and learning english or dutch could help him communicate and play better alongside... Blind? Aren't they both left footed?? Just asking

Magallan is right footed. River plate fans like him, that's a bad sign

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma dec 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Just saw on ESPN that Ajax are close to signing Club America winger Diego Lainez. I thought PSV had the line for all the young Meixican players. I don't know much about him other than he starts for the top ranked team in Mexico and has already been called up to the NT.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 17, 2018 10:23 pm

This Lainez is only 18 and 12m euros mentioned as a fee

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di dec 18, 2018 12:13 am

Sounds good - but we currently have Neres, Tadic, Ziyech, Cerny and Bande for 2 spots. Also have Kuhn and the Norwegian kid (forgot his name) who are currently the Jong Ajax wingers.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do dec 20, 2018 9:08 pm

Lainez seems like he will come. We are also looking at taking young Juventus forward Moises Kean.

Amol listed our current wingers but Ziyech is a midfielder and will leave in the summer.Cerny is not good enough and Tadic is more a no 10. Neres is good but Bande still to break through.

In Jong I dont see Nunnely or Johnsen ,Norwegian kid, making it.Kuhn still needs time at Jong.No wingers in U19 at present.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do dec 20, 2018 9:31 pm

SPL schreef:Lainez seems like he will come. We are also looking at taking young Juventus forward Moises Kean.

Amol listed our current wingers but Ziyech is a midfielder and will leave in the summer.Cerny is not good enough and Tadic is more a no 10. Neres is good but Bande still to break through.

In Jong I dont see Nunnely or Johnsen ,Norwegian kid, making it.Kuhn still needs time at Jong.No wingers in U19 at present.
You forgot to mention Noa Lang. His contract expires end of the season

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 21, 2018 1:21 pm

Lang was a midfielder who is being played as winger but doesn't get regular playing time with Jong. Another winger at Jong is the Fin Ylatupa but he has hardly played.

We seem to have about 6 wingers in Jong and only Cerny has played regularly . Suggest none are good enough hence we are looking to buy.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 24, 2018 7:52 pm

Lisandro Magallan's transfer now seems agreed , 9m and a contract to June 2023.

Lainez deal far from complete ,they require 12m we have offered 7m but seems like they require a resale % of 30 even 40%.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di dec 25, 2018 2:11 pm

SPL schreef:Lainez deal far from complete ,they require 12m we have offered 7m but seems like they require a resale % of 30 even 40%.
We should kindly ask them to f*@k off and remind them that we are not PSV. I don't think anyone else is interested in him at the moment. I feel the two other clubs story is fabricated.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di dec 25, 2018 8:14 pm

Lyon and Roma mentioned but we seem the only side that has made an offer.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo jan 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Amol schreef:
SPL schreef:Lainez deal far from complete ,they require 12m we have offered 7m but seems like they require a resale % of 30 even 40%.
We should kindly ask them to f*@k off and remind them that we are not PSV. I don't think anyone else is interested in him at the moment. I feel the two other clubs story is fabricated.
football-oranje.com reports that De Telegraaf yesterday wrote that we have put in a bid for Lainez at 11M€, plus bonuses, and some sort of buy-on clause.

http://www.football-oranje.com/ajax-pla ... or-lainez/
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 02, 2019 12:59 pm

Overmars is not going to go beyond 20% resale .PSV resale on Lozano is 40%.

We must wait and see if Lainez comes.

Magallan appears nearly complete 8m fee agreed also his contract,plus he has an Italian passport. Seems he will travel direct to Florida with Tagliafico and sign there.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo jan 02, 2019 5:35 pm

SPL schreef:Overmars is not going to go beyond 20% resale .PSV resale on Lozano is 40%.

We must wait and see if Lainez comes.

Magallan appears nearly complete 8m fee agreed also his contract,plus he has an Italian passport. Seems he will travel direct to Florida with Tagliafico and sign there.
Ajax.nl has confirmed that we have indeed signed Magallan. No fee mentioned - https://www.ajax.nl/streams/actueel/aja ... allan-.htm

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo jan 02, 2019 8:17 pm

Good news, that is one position where we were seriously lacking cover when de Ligt was out for a few games.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 02, 2019 8:31 pm

Welcome to Lisandro Magallan signed until 2023 fee quoted in the press as 8m plus 1m add on . Seems a good signing remains to be seen if he ends up as de Ligt's replacement. Would be nice if Tagliafico stayed next season with a fellow Argentinian on board.

Traore will be coming from Cape Town ,this is a done deal I believe but he cannot come until 12 January ,his 18th birthday. If Lainez comes we will have had a decent transfer window.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo jan 02, 2019 9:29 pm

Weirdly enough, Ajax Life posted a picture of Overmars and Magallan taken this past summer - with last year's jersey and shirt number 2 (Kristensen's number).

Plaats reactie