New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mar 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Apparently we have trialed two Romanian youth internationals: http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetb ... jax__.html
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

acab

Bericht door acab » zo mar 25, 2012 10:11 pm

afcajax73 schreef:
ajaxcolombia schreef:milos krasic is not wanted anymore at Juve. Could we at least take a look???
you know what else i saw this week?! Berbatov, will be allowed to leave, for £5m. that is an absolute BARGAIN! if we could attract someone like that i would be more than happy take him. people say hes lazy, but what a bit of class he would be for us.
Well,me, as a bulgarian, hope for that too, but Berbatov is making now 100 000 ponds pro week in United :excited.gif: i don't think Ajax can pay him anything near. Don't think we will splash 5 mln. pounds for a 32-year old palyer either. But if you look at his game, he can fiт excellent in Ajax

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mar 25, 2012 11:25 pm

The ESPN announcers (US based) on today's match repeated the oft said rumour that we will bring in Bas Dost next season at #9.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma mar 26, 2012 12:51 pm

And where will Kobi play then???
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mar 26, 2012 1:29 pm

souras84 schreef:And where will Kobi play then???
He will start as we are not gong to buy Dost (rumoured today to be going to Aston Villa).

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma mar 26, 2012 3:10 pm

still, we need an estimated sum of 3 players for next year

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » ma mar 26, 2012 3:40 pm

A central defender, maybe two even, should be first on the list. I like the kid from heerenveen, Jeffrey Gouweleeuw, would be a great to have im replace Vertonghen.
Godenzonen

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 26, 2012 5:39 pm

I think we need 3 .If Sulejmani goes ,and I hope he does, we need a decent winger. Narsingh mentioned ! Wonderful talk that Denswil can take over from Vertoghen but he surely is not ready to take over from the best player in Eredivisie. With Jan, Ooijer and V d Wiel all gone we need an experienced CD plus if we are in the CL someone like Gouweleeuw would be a good signing also.Players like Denswil,Dijks and Veltman all look good prospects but they are not ready to be starters imo.

One thing we do not need a new RB .Frank de Boer should be telling VRhijn he is RB next season and in fact V d Wiel should not just walk back into our team when fit.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma mar 26, 2012 6:47 pm

Central Defender
Side Back (could be right or left)
Winger or Striker (Unless Dimirty stays)
a decent cleanup in the midfield

acab

Bericht door acab » ma mar 26, 2012 7:30 pm

2 CDs
Real right winger (Ozbiliz is still not ready)
Left and right backs
so 4 defenders and a winger. If Lodeiro, Aissati and Bulykin are staing, we don't need midfielder and CF. I hope, they do

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mar 26, 2012 10:36 pm

acab schreef: Left and right backs
Assuming they all stay healthy, we have right now three left backs (Boilesen, Blind and Koppers) so I don't think we need another here.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma mar 26, 2012 11:54 pm

Orange14 schreef:
acab schreef: Left and right backs
Assuming they all stay healthy, we have right now three left backs (Boilesen, Blind and Koppers) so I don't think we need another here.
Don't forget Dijks who's looks to be really impressive. Big, quick and imposing with very good technique. If he doesn't have any career threatening injuries, I see him as the first choice in about 1 or 2 years.

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » di mar 27, 2012 2:33 am

SPL schreef:I think we need 3 .If Sulejmani goes ,and I hope he does, we need a decent winger. Narsingh mentioned ! Wonderful talk that Denswil can take over from Vertoghen but he surely is not ready to take over from the best player in Eredivisie. With Jan, Ooijer and V d Wiel all gone we need an experienced CD plus if we are in the CL someone like Gouweleeuw would be a good signing also.Players like Denswil,Dijks and Veltman all look good prospects but they are not ready to be starters imo.

One thing we do not need a new RB .Frank de Boer should be telling VRhijn he is RB next season and in fact V d Wiel should not just walk back into our team when fit.

Maybe van der wiel could play right winger for the remainder of the season...
Godenzonen

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » di mar 27, 2012 3:14 am

If Lukoki can consistently play the way he did vs ADO (and obviously not the way he played vs PSV), that would take care of the rw situation. He gave ADO fits, but I got the feeling he was overwhelmed by the occasion vs PSV and fell apart mentally.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di mar 27, 2012 9:15 am

Gouweleeuw and Narsingh and we'll win also next year :smallgrin.gif: :smallgrin.gif: :smallgrin.gif:
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Although only youth level we have signed 16 year old Sparta midfield players Melvin Visser on a 3 year contract .

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » za mar 31, 2012 12:52 am

The obstacle to signing Gouweleeuw (well I mean besides the money heerenveen will command) is that De Boer likes a left-footed player as left-centre back. Although he does play anita as a left back.
Godenzonen

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » za mar 31, 2012 9:15 am

You're right ajaxcolombia, although I think we need more a right footed (the best would be a both footed) central defender. I tell you why I think so: we have Denswil to develop, plus Boilesen who can play also LCB, and Blind if he stays. As backup for Alderweireld we don't have anyone, or just Van Rhjin who for sure is better at RB.....
Laatst gewijzigd door orange goblin op za mar 31, 2012 12:27 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
O tempora o mores

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » za mar 31, 2012 9:45 am

orange goblin schreef:You're right ajaxcolombia, although I think we need more a right footed (the best would be a borh footed) central defender. I tell you why I think so: we have Denswil to develop, plus Boilesen who can play also LCB. As backup for Alderweireld we don't have anyone, or just Van Rhjin who for sure is better at RB.....
I could never understand why a professional football player isn't two footed. You would think coming through the academies they would make the development of two-footedness compulsory -- but seemingly not.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma apr 02, 2012 8:03 am

rjf1 schreef:
orange goblin schreef:You're right ajaxcolombia, although I think we need more a right footed (the best would be a borh footed) central defender. I tell you why I think so: we have Denswil to develop, plus Boilesen who can play also LCB. As backup for Alderweireld we don't have anyone, or just Van Rhjin who for sure is better at RB.....
I could never understand why a professional football player isn't two footed. You would think coming through the academies they would make the development of two-footedness compulsory -- but seemingly not.
where i played as a youngster, (around 10-13 years old) we were always played out of position atleast once a month, not so much forwards in goal etc.. but play on the left instead of the right... as a result, ive always been as good with each foot. which is handy now, as everyone seems to be short on left footed players.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma apr 02, 2012 8:41 am

afcajax73 schreef:where i played as a youngster, (around 10-13 years old) we were always played out of position atleast once a month, not so much forwards in goal etc.. but play on the left instead of the right... as a result, ive always been as good with each foot. which is handy now, as everyone seems to be short on left footed players.
I used to spend hours on end kicking against a wall with my left foot -- first time -- no matter what the angle the ball was coming to me at, and aim to hit specific spots -- so, like you, I got picked to play many times simply because of my left foot ability. Which is why it is hard for me to understand why someone who is a professional hasn't developed that ability.

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » ma apr 02, 2012 10:50 am

Serbian 'wonderkid' Dejan Meleg (left-footed serbian midfielder/winger, 17 years old) is on trial for a week. Contract already in place, will be signed if he convinces the Technical Heart. According to Dutch Media a host of international top teams was interested in the kid, but he only wanted to go to Ajax.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma apr 02, 2012 12:52 pm

rjf1 schreef:
afcajax73 schreef:where i played as a youngster, (around 10-13 years old) we were always played out of position atleast once a month, not so much forwards in goal etc.. but play on the left instead of the right... as a result, ive always been as good with each foot. which is handy now, as everyone seems to be short on left footed players.
I used to spend hours on end kicking against a wall with my left foot -- first time -- no matter what the angle the ball was coming to me at, and aim to hit specific spots -- so, like you, I got picked to play many times simply because of my left foot ability. Which is why it is hard for me to understand why someone who is a professional hasn't developed that ability.
Agree. There isn't a single professional basketball player that can't dribble with both hands. I don't get why football players can't do that as well.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di apr 03, 2012 2:38 pm

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » di apr 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Magnificent. It would be great for us, however I still believe our priority is a centre-back.
Godenzonen

Plaats reactie