13 juni, 20.45 uur Nederland-Frankrijk

Eindtoernooien, Olympische Spelen, de AT Toto, enzovoort
Plaats reactie
joey
Erelid

Bericht door joey » vr jun 13, 2008 9:54 pm

Frank schreef:
joey schreef:Wat een wereldgoal weer van ons dappere Sneijdertje! :headbang.gif:

Zo, dat zal mijn Franse vrienden leren. Denigrerend doen over het Nederlandse voetbal, hahahaha. :drecul.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
Heb je deze topic (en je eigen bijdrage daaraan) al eens bekeken?

Over denigrerend gesproken....
:hypocrite.gif:
Ik mag mopperen op Oranje, maar die Fransozen moeten met hun rotpoten van onze rotploeg afblijven... :hypocrite.gif: :smallgrin.gif:

Toch zonde dat Ajacieden geen rol van betekenis spelen. Dat is helaas niet voor niets. :blush.gif:
Het stinkt aan alle kanten!

Duke
Site Admin & AT EC 2016 winner

Bericht door Duke » vr jun 13, 2008 9:56 pm

Overigens was de 2-1 van Henry natuurlijk nét buitenspel. :hypocrite.gif:

Bij de BBC werden verstandige dingen gezegd: als Nederland voorkomt, spelen ze makkelijk en goed. Maar wat als ze een keer achter komen?

En als ze Frankrijk of Italië in de halve finale nog een keer tegenkomen (ervan uitgaande dat we de kwartfinale winnen) vrees ik met grote vreze.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad.

Salvador Dali

Frank

Bericht door Frank » vr jun 13, 2008 9:58 pm

Duke schreef:Overigens was de 2-1 van Henry natuurlijk nét buitenspel. :hypocrite.gif:

Bij de BBC werden verstandige dingen gezegd: als Nederland voorkomt, spelen ze makkelijk en goed. Maar wat als ze een keer achter komen?

En als ze Frankrijk of Italië in de halve finale nog een keer tegenkomen (ervan uitgaande dat we de kwartfinale winnen) vrees ik met grote vreze.
Zullen ze eerst zelf wel die halve finales moeten halen...

Scenario dat joey beschreef zou zo maar kunnen.
Hoe kun je mensen doden, als in Gods gebod staat: 'Gij zult niet doden'? Lev Tolstoj

Real Ajax

Bericht door Real Ajax » vr jun 13, 2008 9:58 pm

Duke schreef:Bij de BBC werden verstandige dingen gezegd: als Nederland voorkomt, spelen ze makkelijk en goed. Maar wat als ze een keer achter komen?
Voetbalcliché #5

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » vr jun 13, 2008 9:58 pm

Preamble. The Dutch can guarantee top spot in this group with a win. The French can't guarantee anything, not even the abject failure of going out. Bof!

What the team news would look like if we just stripped it off the wires and didn't spend any time whatsoever formatting it, so be thankful for the non-shoddy way we normally act: Netherlands: 1-Edwin van der Sar; 21-Khalid Boulahrouz, 2-Andre Ooijer, 4-Joris Mathijsen, 5-Giovanni van Bronckhorst; 17-Nigel de Jong, 8-Orlando Engelaar; 18-Dirk Kuyt, 23-Rafael van der Vaart, 10-Wesley Sneijder; 9-Ruud van Nistelrooy. France: 23-Gregory Coupet; 19-Willy Sagnol, 15-Lilian Thuram, 5-William Gallas, 13-Patrice Evra; 10-Sidney Govou, 20-Jeremy Toulalan, 6-Claude Makelele, 7-Florent Malouda; 22-Franck Ribery, 12-Thierry Henry Referee: Herbert Fandel (Germany)

Apologies in advance: I could be a bit slow tonight. I've got a new effing Mac, which has been designed by an eejit: the keyboard looks like a tray of Rennies arranged by someone with raging OCD. Also my email is playing up, so the small talk might be a bit thin on the ground. So sue me! Er, hold on, the match has started.

Yep, the match has started alright. Don't worry, you've missed nowt. France stroke it around the back for a while, and that's about that.

2 min: Ribery is upended by de Jong, then Malouda falls over. He could have been fouled, I don't know, but I'm playing the percentages here. Anyway, that's two free kicks in a row to the French, both of which are as witless as Peter Drury.

3 min: Makelele bodychecks Kuyt in the mouth with his shoulder. That should have been at least a yellow card. There's a whole lotta clogging going on here.

5 min: Ribery heads a left-wing cross woefully wide. "I know you were thinking that Scotland definitely could've done better than this," writes George Templeton, who knew what I was thinking. "Come to think of you could've said the same after the first Italian match." The aforementioned Drury was allowed to showcase 472 variations on the this-could-have-been-England theme during ITV's coverage of yesterday's Croatia match, so if it's good enough for him...

9 min: GOAL!!! Holland 1-0 France. Kuyt fails to control a long ball into the box but it clanks off a French defender; that's a corner. And how Kuyt makes up for his slapstick show: van Bronckhorst swings the set piece in from the right and the Liverpool striker powers a header into the net from six yards. Great stuff from Kuyt, who deserved that for his efforts against Italy if nothing else. France are useless. Scotland could have done better than that.

12 min: France look shellshocked. "Wow, you got the effing Mac?" coos a jealous Marie Meyer. "That one hasn't even been released over here." You may be interested to know that one of the great new features of the Effing Mac(TM) is its ability to be sieved through a sock if you smash it into small enough pieces.

14 min: France do something! Sort of! Ribery picks the ball up in the centre circle and quick as a flash decides that all of his team-mates are over-the-hill clowns, so sashays off down the centre on his own. If it wasn't for a last-ditch tackle by Ooijer, he'd have shimmied clean through the Dutch back line and be bearing down on goal.

17 min: This is all Holland, this. Sneijder lays the ball off towards van Nistelrooy, who on the edge of the area pings it first time to the onrushing van der Vaart; his curling shot is aimed for the top right corner of goal but blocked well by Thuram. France are etc, Scotland would have done etc.

20 min: A terrible backwards header from Thuram nearly lets Kuyt in again. The striker gets a toe to the ball but scoops over from the edge of the area. He'd even managed to beat Evra in a footrace. This is the same Dirk Kuyt who plays for Liv... no, it can't be.

23 min: Sangol fires a low cross in from the right. Govou doesn't control it particularly well, but eventually gets on top of the situation, swivels and wallops in a low shot towards the bottom-right corner which van der Sar does well to clip away with his feet. Better from France, who really need to get their gamefaces on because they're not going to beat Italy in their last game, I'm saying.

26 min: Boulahrouz is fed down the right by Kuyt; he whistles a shot-cum-cross across the face of Coupet's goal. If anyone was rushing in, that would have been two, because Gallas and Thuram were asleep in the centre. Scotland would have done better than... hold on... "If memory serves me correctly the last time I saw Scotland in a tournament they lost 3-0 to Morocco and looked utterly useless," writes Howard Davies. Well, OK. But what about the 2006 Kirin Cup? Now there's a trophy. And one which was wrapped up and taken back home toot sweet.

29 min: France are bloody awful. Down the left, Malouda tries to stay upright with the ball at his feet, and accomplishes the task for nearly 2.5 seconds. "It's ironic, isn't it," muses Jona Steenbrink. "The Dutch are wearing safety orange, but it's the French who look like traffic cones." Zinger of the day, right there.

31 min: Makelele whacks van der Vaart in the throat with a trailing left arm. Right on the Adam's apple. Ooyah, oof. That's a yellow card. He really should be off the pitch by now, when you consider what he did to Twinkletoes Kuyt early doors.

34 min: Henry takes a fresh-air swipe at a low cross from the left. The ball bounces along the turf towards Govou, who slaps a shot towards van der Sar. Then, seconds later, the French come at Holland again, Ribery romping down the centre, using Makelele as a decoy and sending in a daisycutter which the keeper does brilliantly to collect at the second grasp. Much, much better from the French. It's just like watching Scotland.

36 min: Another fresh-air swipe by Henry, who is in no way a big-game bottler. A sweet, sweet backheel from Govou sends Ribery tearing down the right in acres. He sends a low cross skittering across the face of goal. Surely Henry's going to poke it home from two yards out! Actually, I've already given away what happens, haven't I.

39 min: A lull. Lovely lull.

41 min: Henry sort of jogs after Govou's deep cross, a bit, and then decides it might not be worth the hassle after all, so doesn't bother and ambles around instead clapping his hands. Well done, Sidney, well done! Unfortunately the ball had yet to leave the playing area. Come on, man, get a shake on.

43 min: Oh, hold on, he's had a shot from outside the area. It sails ten yards over the bar. He shrugs his shoulders. Bof! This is a very, very lifeless French display.

Half time: Holland 1-0 France. Toulalan is lucky to escape a yellow for scything down van der Vaart while trying to yank the shirt off his back. The referee blows for half time. France want shooting, one by one, with the possible exceptions of Ribery and Govou. Back in a few mins, hopefully before the second half starts.

England coach Fabio Capello is being interviewed at half-time by the BBC. What he is saying is this: "WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO ME? WHY ARE YOU GIVING ME AIRTIME? WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME ABOUT ENGLAND? WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME ABOUT PLAYERS WHO PLAY IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE? ENGLAND DID NOT QUALIFY FOR EURO 2008. GET OVER IT. TREAT YOUR VIEWERS WITH SOME INTELLIGENCE, THEY CAN UNDERSTAND THINGS WHICH ARE NOT DIRECTLY RELEVANT TO ENGLAND OR THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT OR I AM GOING TO KILL YOOOOOUUUUUUU."

And we're off again. Robben is on for Engelaar. Within a minute of the restart Henry skidaddles down the left and fires a cross over which van Bronckhorst has to shin away for a corner. The corner is wasted, but already that's a lot better from France, who may have suddenly realised they'll probably be out if they don't get at least a point from this game.

48 min: France are really on at the moment. The ball pinballs around the Dutch area for about ten seconds, the French shanking shots left, right but never centre, Oranje defenders blocking every effort away. Finally Henry gets a meaty whack goalwards - but it's bundled out for a corner by Ooijer. Henry wants a penalty, and it does hit Ooijer's arm, but that would have been a harsh one - the defender is about a yard from Henry and isn't even looking at the ball. "Could you please refrain from un-PC language like 'clogging' when describing unsporting conduct," tut-tuts Alix Sharkey. "Clogs are traditional Dutch footwear, so the verb 'clogging' is clearly a loaded term. Surely such matters are covered in the Guardian's style sheet?"

50 min: Oo-er Oojier; he goes in the book for hauling back Henry, who is a completely different player this half. The resulting free kick, swung into the box, is utterly dreadful. Holland need to regroup here.

53 min: What a miss by Henry. With his back to goal 40 yards out, Malouda springs the Dutch back line by spooning the ball over his head and setting Henry clear. He's got plenty of time to lob van der Sar, who is stranded at the edge of his area, but gets far too much on the ball and watches his effort sail off into the night sky.

55 min: The Dutch send on van Persie for Kuyt. Robben skates down the left and whips in a cross which Sneijder nearly guides into the right-hand side of goal with his head; Coupet anticipates the effort well and snaffles the ball. This is good stuff.

57 min: Sneijder tries to score direct from a free kick 40 yards out. Apologies for getting all Daily Mail here, but is there no respect any more?

58 min: GOAL!!! Holland 2-0 France. Another break from Holland, another goal. Robben tears down the left with Sneijder free in the centre. It looks like the winger has fannied around and taken too long to get the ball across, because Gallas and Thuram swarm around Sneijder, but Robben looks deeper to van Persie, who sidefoots powerfully towards goal. Coupet does brilliantly to get his hands to the effort, but it's too strong and spins slowly into the net. Wonderful stuff.

60 min: Ribery cuts inside from the left and has a pop. Van der Sar punches it away with a little forward jab, like you'd whack a Yorkshire Terrier on the nose if it was really yapping at the far end of your tether.

63 min: Just after the goal, by the way, Malouda stayed on his feet and embarked on a long run - straight off the pitch onto the bench, to be replaced by Gomis.

66 min: Brilliant from van Persie, who steals the ball from Thuram's toe on the halfway line and races goalwards. Then he ruins it all by cutting the ball square to nobody, when the only option was having a preposterous dig from the left-hand edge of the French area. What a waste.

69 min: France are unbelievably slow of wit. Ribery and Toulalan are in acres down the left, two on one, but almost grind to a halt while thinking what to do. It's almost like a Laurel and Hardy short, Toulalan playing with his tie, Ribery scratching his head and crying. The ball's cleared.

71 min: GOAL!!! Holland 2-1 France. Well I've been quick enough to have a pop at Henry, but this was brilliant. Sagnol swings in a low cross from the right and Henry just strokes it with the tip of his toe into the left corner. Sweet.

72 min: GOAL!!! Holland 3-1 France. Ridiculous goal! And almost straight from kick off as well. Van der Vaart slips the ball down the left towards Robben, who shakes his hips and unleashes an unstoppable shot from a very tight angle into the top left corner. Coupet will take some flak for letting that in at his near post, but it was such a violent strike I'm not sure what the keeper could have done. This is such a good match.

74 min: Substitution for France. Anelka on, hope off. Oh alright, it was Govou who departed the scene.

76 min: Van Bronckhorst upends Gomis just outside the area to the right of the D. Needlessly, for the referee blew up on contact, Gomis flips to the floor like a salmon. 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0. The free kick, flicked in towards Henry, isn't so hot.

78 min: Evra cuts inside from the left wing and sends in a daisycutter from just outside the area. It flies just wide of the left-hand post. Van der Vaart is replaced by Bouma.

80 min: France are beginning to display their first-half haplessness again. They are going nowhere.

81 min: Makelele has a swipe at a loose ball in the Dutch area but falls over as he kicks it and the ball is sliced wide right. It's like an open-play version of that John Terry moment. Perhaps he's trying to make his Chelsea team-mate feel better about himself. It'll take more than that, of course, but nice try nevertheless.

82 min: Van Nistelrooy races after a long up and under, and loops a header over the onrushing Coupet. The keeper's forced to turn tail and skidaddle after the ball, which is bouncing netward. He manages to claw it off the line before it nips into the net off the right-hand post. France are a shameful shambles.

84 min: Van Persie is nearly set free down the right by Sneijder, but Coupet comes out to clear. A fourth Dutch goal wouldn't be a surprise.

86 min: Anelka goes down in the box and doesn't even bother asking the referee for a penalty. It wasn't, but that's kind of not the point. Do the French actually care about this? "Wasn't it just after you ridiculed France last time that they scored?" asks Jeremy Solomon. Might have been. Let's see what happens with this free kick they've just won outside the Dutch area.

87 min: Nothing, is what happened with that free kick they just won outside the Dutch area. Ribery blasted it miles over the bar.

89 min: Robben tears down the centre of the park. He's got Bouma free on the left but decides to take a dig himself. It's a bit selfish - if he'd slipped it to Bouma, the defender would surely have scored - but Robben's brilliant effort nearly slips inside the right-hand post.

90 min: There are going to be two minutes of stoppage time. Actually, there's only one left, it's taken me nearly a minute to write this entry thanks to this keyboard made out of spearmint Rennies.

90 min +2: GOAL!!! Holland 4-1 France. Simply magnificent by Sneijder, who picks the ball up with his back to goal outside the french area, turns, and powerfully curls a beauty into the top left. They deserved that, another wonderful performance from the Dutch.

Full time: Holland 4-1 France. And that's that. France were as terrible as Holland were brilliant. The Dutch have won the group with a game to spare; France have to beat world champions Italy if they want to go through. Is it so wrong to want Romania to go through with the Dutch? It's not, is it.
the guardian

joey
Erelid

Bericht door joey » vr jun 13, 2008 10:01 pm

England coach Fabio Capello is being interviewed at half-time by the BBC. What he is saying is this: "WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO ME? WHY ARE YOU GIVING ME AIRTIME? WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME ABOUT ENGLAND? WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME ABOUT PLAYERS WHO PLAY IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE? ENGLAND DID NOT QUALIFY FOR EURO 2008. GET OVER IT. TREAT YOUR VIEWERS WITH SOME INTELLIGENCE, THEY CAN UNDERSTAND THINGS WHICH ARE NOT DIRECTLY RELEVANT TO ENGLAND OR THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT. PLEASE STOP IT OR I AM GOING TO KILL YOOOOOUUUUUUU."
:drecul.gif:

Van Basten had vandaag enorm geluk dat het 2-0 werd. Frankrijk had op dat moment het initiatief overgenomen. Maar zonder geluk vaart niemand wel, nietwaar. :666.gif:

Duke

Bericht door Duke » vr jun 13, 2008 10:02 pm

De Engelsen hadden het over a fantastic footballnight. Ik denk overigens dat Nederland Roemenië niet zal laten winnen. Aan de andere kant moet Italië of Frankrijk nog even afrekenen met (waarschijnlijk) Spanje.

Salvador Dali

joey
Erelid

Bericht door joey » vr jun 13, 2008 10:04 pm

Spanje valt altijd tegen als het erop aankomt.

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » vr jun 13, 2008 10:06 pm

Je moet Roemenie laten winnen met het B-team. Je zou gek zijn om Italie of Frankrijk nu nog doorgang te verschaffen, om ze later eventueel weer tegen te komen.

Duke

Bericht door Duke » vr jun 13, 2008 10:07 pm

Makelele had geluk dat ie het einde van de wedstrijd haalde.

Salvador Dali

joey
Erelid

Bericht door joey » vr jun 13, 2008 10:07 pm

Lijkt mij ook . Aan de andere kant raak je dan je goede gevoel kwijt. Blijven winnen is misschien verstandiger.

Beloki

Bericht door Beloki » vr jun 13, 2008 10:08 pm

Duke schreef:Makelele had geluk dat ie het einde van de wedstrijd haalde.
Echt een eikeltje is dat. Zo vreselijk geniepig.
´Hey Pistolero, there is no I in TEAM!´ Lance, 27/07/09

Real Ajax

Bericht door Real Ajax » vr jun 13, 2008 10:08 pm

Monkey Tonk schreef:Je moet Roemenië laten winnen met het B-team. Je zou gek zijn om Italie of Frankrijk nu nog doorgang te verschaffen, om ze later eventueel weer tegen te komen.
Eigenlijk wel ja. :blush.gif: :hypocrite.gif: Alhoewel ik denk dat Oranje nog wel een keer van Italië kan winnen, die zijn zo zoekende. Frankrijk blijft altijd lastig tegen voetballen.

Nihad

Bericht door Nihad » vr jun 13, 2008 10:09 pm

Ik zie Italie en Frankrijk nog gelijkspelen. En dan gaat Roemenie door met 3 punten :smallgrin.gif:
“Please do not call me arrogant because what I say is true. I think I’m a special one.”

M..

Bericht door M.. » vr jun 13, 2008 10:13 pm

zo dronken als een aap hier.. die 2 dagen vrij gaan goed uit komen

WE WORDEN KAMPIOEN!! :onfire.gif:

Duke

Bericht door Duke » vr jun 13, 2008 10:16 pm

Mooi beeld trouwens, op de BBC: Henry die sprakeloos door zijn hoeven zakt op het moment dat Robben de 3-1 maakt, 45 seconden na het doelpunt van Henry. :smallgrin.gif:

Salvador Dali

Ramona
Erelid, Toto winner 03/04, 17/18, EC 08

Bericht door Ramona » vr jun 13, 2008 10:18 pm

Wie was niet sprakeloos... :baaa.gif: :worshippy.gif: heeerlijk... :wk.gif:

M..

Bericht door M.. » vr jun 13, 2008 10:25 pm

3 goals tegen de wereldkampioen.. 4 tegen de nummer 2... best aardig

Thibb

Bericht door Thibb » vr jun 13, 2008 10:30 pm

Als iemand een samenvatting weet, liefst van al nog die van de BBC, ben ik oneindig dankbaar...

M..

Bericht door M.. » vr jun 13, 2008 10:35 pm

niets op www.bcc.com? :hypocrite.gif:

Duke

Bericht door Duke » vr jun 13, 2008 10:38 pm

M schreef:niets op www.bcc.com? :hypocrite.gif:
Jij bent dronken, naar jou luisteren we niet. :poketoungeb.gif:

Salvador Dali

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » vr jun 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Vanavond feesten, en daarna weer terug op aarde.

Het zit allemaal erg mee. De kampioenskwaliteit bij uitstek is het overwinnen van tegenslag. Hopelijk krijgen we nog een kans om die, zonder brokken, te ontwikkelen.

M..

Bericht door M.. » vr jun 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Duke schreef:
M schreef:niets op www.bcc.com? :hypocrite.gif:
Jij bent dronken, naar jou luisteren we niet. :poketoungeb.gif:
lul :hypocrite.gif:

Real Ajax

Bericht door Real Ajax » vr jun 13, 2008 10:40 pm

joey schreef:gauw Heitinga erin voor Kuyt of zo. :excited.gif:
Maar goed dat jij niet naast MVB zit. :drecul.gif:

Heerlijk leesvoer die commentaren tijdens de wedstrijden. Wat een opgewonden standjes. Ik heb zelden zo relaxed een wedstrijd bekeken (nou okay, Ajax - De Graafschap misschien.)
monkey tonk schreef:De kampioenskwaliteit bij uitstek is het overwinnen van tegenslag. Hopelijk krijgen we nog een kans om die, zonder brokken, te ontwikkelen.
Dat gaat wel lastig worden. Of moet je dan in de 1/4 finale met 0-2 achter komen te staan en dat ombuigen tot 3-2? Deze wedstrijd was ideaal voor het-overwinnen-van-de-tegenslag. Denk dat je nu de kampioenskwaliteit "geloven in je eigen kunnen" zal moeten koesteren.
Laatst gewijzigd door Real Ajax op vr jun 13, 2008 10:44 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

M..

Bericht door M.. » vr jun 13, 2008 10:42 pm

die 2-0 ging wel heeeel lekker langzaam over de lijn

Plaats reactie