08 Apr 2007: RKC Waalwijk - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

dws

Bericht door dws » ma apr 09, 2007 1:06 am

SPL schreef:
I see Sneijder is banned on Friday. A stupid yellow card in the 94th minute.
Perez would be the obvious choice to replace Sneider. BUT will our pig headed coach agree?

Frans

Bericht door Frans » ma apr 09, 2007 4:25 am

dws schreef:
SPL schreef:
Perez would be the obvious choice to replace Sneider. BUT will our pig headed coach agree?
I'd rather see Manucharyan or Sarpong play.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 09, 2007 7:58 am

Ten Cate says we should see the bright side: we closed in on PSV... one point.

F*ck that. With all due respect: that's total bollocks.

THIS WAS OUR FUCKING CHANCE! Maybe we'll get another one; maybe not. Personally I fear that this result was such a relief to PSV that they've returned to form overnight and won't make any more mistakes.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.

This was our bleepin' chance, for fuck's sake, and we blew it.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma apr 09, 2007 10:07 am

Hopeless, simply hopeless !
Appie, stay strong !

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma apr 09, 2007 10:25 am

I think it's a safe bet to say the winner will come from this weekend. after this weekend there'll only be two games left, so which ever team is on top next saturday will probably rush on to win it. i think it may well be AZ, though most of us are only complaining now that we fucked it against RKC despite good results before that game. PSV are fucked, but AZ have kept constant-not necessarily brilliant- but good games.

Schedule

PSV: Twente, Utrecht, Vitesse
AZ: Vitesse, Heerenveen, Excelsior
Ajax: NAC, Sparta, Willem II
Get a Cock

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma apr 09, 2007 10:46 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:...
Schedule

PSV: Twente, Utrecht, Vitesse
AZ: Vitesse, Heerenveen, Excelsior
Ajax: NAC, Sparta, Willem II
On paper, we have the "easiest" games at least. But they only come 1 easier than RKC and we f*^ked that one up big time.

dws

Bericht door dws » ma apr 09, 2007 10:56 am

Frans schreef:
dws schreef:
SPL schreef:
Why?

Without Sneijder or Perez the Ajax midfield lacks two things: creativity and goals.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 09, 2007 10:59 am

All of a sudden AZ seem to have a really good chance...

Heerenveen are still competing for the play-offs. That will be a tough one for AZ, for sure. And they play Werder Bremen away this week, so we'll have to wait and see how they'll perform against Vitesse. But if any of the three look like they'll make no more mistakes, it is definitely AZ.

As for PSV: we have definitely given them a boost yesterday. We could have hit them very hard by leapfrogging them with a convincing win. Instead, what we did is give them our hand and help them back on their feet. The message we've sent to them is basically: "Don't worry lads, as you can see we're not that great ourselves, so all is not lost. Now, take a deep breath, don't panic and give it another try against Twente. Your slump won't last forever, so don't lose faith."

Which is, quite obviously, not what we should be telling them...

Conclusion: I am a bit more optimistic than I was yesterday. We're still very much in the race, AZ have a tough schedule (Heerenveen, Werder away and another midweek game: NAC for the cup) and Twente can actually get a result in Eindhoven (why not?). But what an opportunity we have wasted against RKC... Ouch.

K.
Still alive...

bryan

Bericht door bryan » ma apr 09, 2007 11:14 am

I think PSV will probably go on to get 9 points now.

dws

Bericht door dws » ma apr 09, 2007 11:20 am

Kowalczyk schreef:All of a sudden AZ seem to have a really good chance...

Heerenveen are still competing for the play-offs. That will be a tough one for AZ, for sure. And they play Werder Bremen away this week, so we'll have to wait and see how they'll perform against Vitesse. But if any of the three look like they'll make no more mistakes, it is definitely AZ.

As for PSV: we have definitely given them a boost yesterday. We could have hit them very hard by leapfrogging them with a convincing win. Instead, what we did is give them our hand and help them back on their feet. The message we've sent to them is basically: "Don't worry lads, as you can see we're not that great ourselves, so all is not lost. Now, take a deep breath, don't panic and give it another try against Twente. Your slump won't last forever, so don't lose faith."

Which is, quite obviously, not what we should be telling them...

Conclusion: I am a bit more optimistic than I was yesterday. We're still very much in the race, AZ have a tough schedule (Heerenveen, Werder away and another midweek game: NAC for the cup) and Twente can actually get a result in Eindhoven (why not?). But what an opportunity we have wasted against RKC... Ouch.

K.

I posted earlier on AZ's form following midweek Euro games: 4 wins from 11 ..... that gives us some hope that AZ will drop at least a point in the match v's Vitesse. So we need to rack up a big win v's NAC in order to eat into their 8 goal advantage.

dws

Bericht door dws » ma apr 09, 2007 11:21 am

bryan schreef:I think PSV will probably go on to get 9 points now.
Doubt it very much ..... can't see them registering a three pointer from any of their remaining games.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma apr 09, 2007 11:50 am

I agree. PSV surely have the ability to win the whole thing but right now I just can't see it happening.

1,000 euros that the winning team will have a red kit .bet? ;)
Get a Cock

Frans

Bericht door Frans » ma apr 09, 2007 12:12 pm

dws schreef:
Frans schreef:
dws schreef: Perez would be the obvious choice to replace Sneider. BUT will our pig headed coach agree?
Why?

Without Sneijder or Perez the Ajax midfield lacks two things: creativity and goals.
I think Manucharyan deserves a chance. He's generally impressed in games he's played, and despite what you appear to think he is a goalscorer. Sarpong is more of an outsode choice, but he is the future.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma apr 09, 2007 12:36 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:
1,000 euros that the winning team will have a red kit .bet? ;)
Well they say that teams in red are more successful but red and white do seem to be exceptionally lucky colours in Holland, my great book of Eredivisie trainspotting tells me that only D.O.S. in 1958 and D.W.S in 1964 have won the league not wearing red and white.

Back in the real world, didn't see/hear any of yesterdays game - being Easter Sunday was 'invited' to church with my in laws but the result is very disappointing. I sort of blame myself as I posted that I want RKC to stay up which fated them to get a point against us. I think if we'd been offered this position prior to the PSV game though we'd have grabbed it with both hands so I've not lost faith. We can still do it, it just seems that the Eredivisie (and English PL for that matter) are just a wee bit more exciting than usual this year :nailbite:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

dws

Bericht door dws » ma apr 09, 2007 1:09 pm

Frans schreef:
dws schreef:
Frans schreef: I'd rather see Manucharyan or Sarpong play.
Why?

I think Manucharyan deserves a chance. He's generally impressed in games he's played, and despite what you appear to think he is a goalscorer. Sarpong is more of an outsode choice, but he is the future.
Manu deserves a chance ... BUT ... PEREZ is the man to replace Sneijder.

ten Cate should hang his head in shame for the way he has treated Perez this season. There is no way in hell he can claim to have given him a fair chance. You only have to look at Perez' scoring record for Ajax to see this is the case.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma apr 09, 2007 2:52 pm

The main purpose of this season Ajax is to fuck all holiday - on Christmas they lost to Vitesse (4-2), on New Year's day they lost 2 points against NEC (2-2), on St. Valentines day they were eaten by Werder (3-0) and now, on Easter they do it again! Fucking morons!!! :rocketwhore:

Plaats reactie