25 Feb 2007: AZ - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Frans

Bericht door Frans » do mar 01, 2007 12:03 am

aveslacker schreef:
dws schreef:
philippe schreef:the point with video is that it can watched by a second referee :glotz:
As happens in rugby union - and they still get it FUCKING wrong.

Forget about video refs. As I stated earlier: a clown sitting in a caravan ( video ref ain't inside the ground in rugby ... sits in a little van with viewing screen outside the ground) is not much different to a clown on the field of play.

Scotland, England, France, Wales and South Africa have all been shafted by the video referee over the years.
That doesn't mean that the video referee can't get it right more often than the guy on the field.

In fact, they do. The closer officiating gets to getting it right 100% of the time, the better the sport is. The argument that video referees should not be allowed because they might mistakes is fallacious. Sure, they might make mistakes. But they'll make far less mistakes than do humans with no video assistance.

Cricket uses some video refereeing (not enough, imo), as does basketball, both rugby codes and gridiron football. There's no reason association football can't join the club.

For once Phillippe has it right. :yes:
The main problem with video refs is they can take too long to make a decision. It takes the flow out of the game.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do mar 01, 2007 9:11 am

aveslacker schreef:
i love this open minded friendly atmosphere :sting:
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do mar 01, 2007 2:19 pm

philippe schreef:
aveslacker schreef: