11 Feb 2007: ADO Den Haag - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo feb 11, 2007 5:31 pm

Kowalczyk said:
My prediction is that AZ will, indeed, drop points against Groningen. But PSV will resurrect a little bit. They'll beat Heracles. Not a big score, but one of your typical 'recovery 'wins' of 1-2 or 1-3.
Dont forget PSV have some tough fixtures aswell, NAC Breda(away) Twente Enschede (home) and ofcourse Ajax (home).

__earth
Contacteer:

Bericht door __earth » zo feb 11, 2007 5:32 pm

SwedishFan schreef:Twente 3 Feyenoord 0 :cheer:
wow. Fword is doing so badly these days that I think I felt some sort of sympathy for them
but don't listen to me. I'm a pessimist.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo feb 11, 2007 7:01 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
We are comiiiing...
We are comiiiiing...
We are coming down the rooooad
When you hear the noise of the AFCA Boys
We are coming down the rooooad

K.
Oh me lads, you should've seen us comin'
Everywhere was Red an' White
And everyone was runnin'
All the lads and lasses there
With smiles on their faces
Goin' down the Boulevard
To see the Ajax Aces

Well used English footie chant, based on the "Blaydon Races" which you need to sing in a Geordie (Newcastle) accent

"Oh me lads, you should've seen us gannin
Passing the folks along the road
And all of them were starin'
All the lads and lasses there
They all had smilin' faces
Gannin along the Scotswood Road
To see the Blaydon races"

Excellent win today, away from home at a difficult ground with a horrible pitch, just the sort of results we need to grind out. I was impressed with Davids today.

Straight after the game I watched a bit of the AC Milan game, in front of an almost empty San Siro but they had allowed the season ticket holders in. Anyway, when Milan scored they had this giant Amsterdam (Black and Red) flag...quite cool really!
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo feb 11, 2007 7:34 pm

what about the MOM? for me personaly it's no doubt - pitbull

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » zo feb 11, 2007 8:27 pm

Heitinga.
Nog steeds eens met Boem.

En met niemand anders!

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » zo feb 11, 2007 8:33 pm

Van basten schreef:what about the MOM? for me personaly it's no doubt - pitbull
Davids played a poor game today. But so did many players. MotM would be Heitinga, Stam or Oguraru. Go figure if your defence is the best line :sad:
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 11, 2007 8:40 pm

Raymon schreef:Davids played a poor game today.
Absolutely disagree. He was everywhere at the same time.

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo feb 11, 2007 8:43 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
Yeah me too - I'd make a terrible coach/scout so I don't usually comment on individual players but I thought Davids was very good today.

raymon
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » zo feb 11, 2007 8:56 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
We disagree a lot lately :D

The amount of times he passed the ball in the opponents feet causing a lot of problems for the defence were numerous. And someone at his position, a more defensive midfielder should never, ever lose the ball like that.
Also, as far as I know Davids is playing left midfield but for some reason he always position himself in the middle, leaving the left wide open. Most danger came from the Hague's right wing and this is partly because of this.

Davids is everywhere, and agreed, the 2nd half was a bit better but I think Davids can do a hell of a lot better and should do a lot better as well.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo feb 11, 2007 9:41 pm

I gotta agree with those who say that Davids played well. He was my MotM today. I realize that he played some bad passes (he's probably rusty), but he was fucking everywhere today. Need a goal? He gets into a deep position on the left and sets up Huntelaar. Need some last ditch defending? He shows up at right back to help shepherd the ball out of danger. I think Davids is one of the reasons Ajax have been able to keep leads in the last two weeks when they might have lost them in the past.

If I had to list an Ajax man of the season, it would no doubt be... van Geel. He just got two impact players for a grand total of 700,000 euro, which is about 1/30th of what the club will get when they sell Huntelaar. I hope he stays at Ajax for a long time.

As far as player of the season so far, I would go with Sneijder.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 12, 2007 1:04 am

Still alive...

raymon
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » ma feb 12, 2007 9:03 am

aveslacker schreef:I gotta agree with those who say that Davids played well. He was my MotM today. I realize that he played some bad passes (he's probably rusty), but he was fucking everywhere today. Need a goal? He gets into a deep position on the left and sets up Huntelaar. Need some last ditch defending? He shows up at right back to help shepherd the ball out of danger. I think Davids is one of the reasons Ajax have been able to keep leads in the last two weeks when they might have lost them in the past.
Davids is a box-to-box player. But that doesn't mean he has to play both sides of the box. He is a left midfielder and with Sneyder on 10 it means a defensive role. That also implies he has to mark his direct opponent and especially the first half he let him slip a few times. Davids (and Sneyder played very well against Feyenoord because they had their timing spot on. THey knew when to push forward and went to drop back. Against The Hague it looked like they had it wrong quite often which ment that Babel, who played reasonably well didn't have the support he needed from midfield. The 2nd half Davids played a bit better. More secure and less 'everywhere'. He just needs to stick to his position and do what he's best at, attacking players on the ball and supporting Sneyder, Leo and Babel in offense.

I think he is still a little bit rusty and maybe he tries a little bit too much. I have no doubt it will be okay but he definately need more games.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma feb 12, 2007 10:08 am

At one time during the match the possession statistics were shown on the screen - it was like 69% to Ajax and 39% to ADO.
The way the game continued I really cannot see that this stat would have changed much - that is an absolute incredibly low percentage of play for a home side and really does show how dominate Ajax were.

ADO seemed to have some sponsorship blanked out on the front of their shirts in blue - well I take it was that as I cannot imagine that it is their normal shirt. Does anybody out there have any ideas on this?

One other thing that struck me was that the home section was nowhere full and I thought that this is strange for such a big fixture. The ones that seem to fill the ground opposite the cameras seem to be very nice people (not) - is this the reason or is it that Den Haag residents are just apathetic about their club?
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma feb 12, 2007 11:25 am

Raymon schreef:
aveslacker schreef:I gotta agree with those who say that Davids played well. He was my MotM today. I realize that he played some bad passes (he's probably rusty), but he was fucking everywhere today. Need a goal? He gets into a deep position on the left and sets up Huntelaar. Need some last ditch defending? He shows up at right back to help shepherd the ball out of danger. I think Davids is one of the reasons Ajax have been able to keep leads in the last two weeks when they might have lost them in the past.
Davids is a box-to-box player. But that doesn't mean he has to play both sides of the box. He is a left midfielder and with Sneyder on 10 it means a defensive role. That also implies he has to mark his direct opponent and especially the first half he let him slip a few times. Davids (and Sneyder played very well against Feyenoord because they had their timing spot on. THey knew when to push forward and went to drop back. Against The Hague it looked like they had it wrong quite often which ment that Babel, who played reasonably well didn't have the support he needed from midfield. The 2nd half Davids played a bit better. More secure and less 'everywhere'. He just needs to stick to his position and do what he's best at, attacking players on the ball and supporting Sneyder, Leo and Babel in offense.

I think he is still a little bit rusty and maybe he tries a little bit too much. I have no doubt it will be okay but he definately need more games.
So you want to say that davids played better game with F-word then with Den Haag? that isn't true. yeaterday he played definetly better. it's shame that my english is not good enough to speak in terms why i think so :hypocrite: well, i'll try : maybe he little lost his place in defence yesterday, but come on, all team almost all game spend in their half of the pitch ( even stekelenburg went there on 20 min :D ) so you can't blame him for that. with F-word it was real threat from their offence so his duty was more defensive, with Den Haag he played more offensive and i have to say he did quite well.

raymon
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » ma feb 12, 2007 12:46 pm

Van basten schreef:So you want to say that davids played better game with F-word then with Den Haag? that isn't true. yeaterday he played definetly better. it's shame that my english is not good enough to speak in terms why i think so :hypocrite: well, i'll try : maybe he little lost his place in defence yesterday, but come on, all team almost all game spend in their half of the pitch ( even stekelenburg went there on 20 min :D ) so you can't blame him for that. with F-word it was real threat from their offence so his duty was more defensive, with Den Haag he played more offensive and i have to say he did quite well.
Your English is fine :xyxthumbs:

I think Davids timing was better in the Feyenoord game. Now he played too close to Sneyder leaving him with no space to play his game. If he would have played more on the left midfield he would have given more options to other players. Now it was too compact and difficult to find an opening.

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » ma feb 12, 2007 12:48 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:At one time during the match the possession statistics were shown on the screen - it was like 69% to Ajax and 39% to ADO.
Can't be right! ;)
I think I lost my fucking headache

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma feb 12, 2007 12:54 pm

Rosenberg9 schreef:
Over Pasanens Head schreef:At one time during the match the possession statistics were shown on the screen - it was like 69% to Ajax and 39% to ADO.
Can't be right! ;)
Your right to query my maths/typo - I am only an accountant so what should I know :blush:

Should have read 69/31

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » ma feb 12, 2007 1:00 pm

You are working for Enron? :scared: ;)
ADO seemed to have some sponsorship blanked out on the front of their shirts in blue - well I take it was that as I cannot imagine that it is their normal shirt. Does anybody out there have any ideas on this?
ADO's sponsor quit sponsoring after spectators entered the field and the game was stopped, a few months ago.
Laatst gewijzigd door LucaS op ma feb 12, 2007 1:35 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
I think I lost my fucking headache

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 12, 2007 1:08 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:ADO seemed to have some sponsorship blanked out on the front of their shirts in blue - well I take it was that as I cannot imagine that it is their normal shirt. Does anybody out there have any ideas on this?
If I remember it correctly, their sponsor withdrew after the umpteenth violent incident involving Den Haag fans. For a moment it seemed like they were also going to withdraw from the new stadium (in which case the club would have been seriously f*cked), but they decided to have mercy. They're still a partner for the new stadium, but don't want their name on the ADO jersey for now, because they fear this will only have a negative effect...

Sad, but true.
One other thing that struck me was that the home section was nowhere full and I thought that this is strange for such a big fixture. The ones that seem to fill the ground opposite the cameras seem to be very nice people (not) - is this the reason or is it that Den Haag residents are just apathetic about their club?
Safety measures... Zuiderpark Stadium is an old ramshackle piece of junk and police and fire department only allow a certain number of people on the old stands. The long side opposite the cameras is, indeed, full of nutters and this is one of the reasons why many The Hague residents don't feel like visiting Zuiderpark.

Indeed: no matter what they try, ADO Den Haag are still very much victims of their fans' reputation. They're the Dutch equivalent of Millwall. It's something that will probably always haunt them.

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma feb 12, 2007 4:23 pm

Rosenberg9 schreef:You are working for Enron? :scared: ;)
No, but with maths and/or a typo like that, I think that I would be an ideal candidate. :D

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma feb 12, 2007 9:56 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Indeed: no matter what they try, ADO Den Haag are still very much victims of their fans' reputation. They're the Dutch equivalent of Millwall. It's something that will probably always haunt them.

K.
That's quite true but they also have strong semi-official links with Swansea City...not quite sure why but my mate at work is a Swans fan and they often play them pre-season etc etc

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » ma feb 12, 2007 11:47 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Safety measures... Zuiderpark Stadium is an old ramshackle piece of junk and police and fire department only allow a certain number of people on the old stands. The long side opposite the cameras is, indeed, full of nutters and this is one of the reasons why many The Hague residents don't feel like visiting Zuiderpark.

K.
My entire family on my mother's side lives in The Hague and it seems that ADO really are doing a lot to improve their reputation. It's just that the club attracts so many retards.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di feb 13, 2007 7:24 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
That's quite true but they also have strong semi-official links with Swansea City...not quite sure why but my mate at work is a Swans fan and they often play them pre-season etc etc
Swansea City don't have the worst reputation for fan violence, iirc. Isn't it Cardiff City that have the nasty firm in Wales?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di feb 13, 2007 9:40 pm

aveslacker schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
Swansea City don't have the worst reputation for fan violence, iirc. Isn't it Cardiff City that have the nasty firm in Wales?
Yeah, although they've cleaned up their act recently. Swansea have a pretty bad reputation though.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di feb 13, 2007 11:03 pm

I was supposed to go see them play last year, but the match was called off on account of a frozen pitch. I had to fly back to the U.S. the next day. :(
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Plaats reactie