04 Feb 2007: Ajax - Feyenoord

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma feb 05, 2007 4:12 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
aveslacker schreef: Urby was getting abused on the left.
He did but imo this is not totally down to him as he had very little support from the players that were in front of him. Davids was constantly sucked into the middle and Leonardo just didn't track back enough. The opposition sussed this and just poured into this area. Urby will struggle when the odds are so heavily stacked against him.
Very true -- there was never any help for Urby. Someone should have come back to help him out.

But Urby's defensive liabilities were definitely exposed on the day.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma feb 05, 2007 4:14 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Some thoughts about the game:

Ajax were the obvious dominate force, despite a few shaky moments in the latter 15 minutes of the first half and first 10 in the second. The defense is still need in improvement.

Davids really brought the needed stability, and had a great "debut". Sneijder and De Mul were fantastic. The "worst" Ajacied was probably Leonardo, but he had a few good runs and chances.

As for Feyenoord, Buijs is a jack ass. Vincken has lots of potential, he caused some problems and well gave the assist.

Overrall good performance from the red and white, perhaps if the defense got more aggressive like Davids, the goal couldve been avoided as well as the chances Feyenoord had. Let's keep winning till the end boys!!
Disagree about Leonardo. I thought he did a good job (better than KJH, imo) of getting the ball in deep and keeping the offense flowing, which is something KJH is still not that good at.

I thought the worst Ajacied on the day was Heitinga. Even Gabri played a great game, imo.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » ma feb 05, 2007 6:55 pm

aveslacker schreef:
ZoefdeHaas schreef: Even Gabri played a great game, imo.
I read somewhere he was Ten Cate's option as man of the match.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di feb 06, 2007 1:56 pm

Thank you Ajax !! It was tough getting up at 3:30 am after a night out ( until 2:30 ) in Las Vegas , but the Rood en Wit made it well worth my time. Just glad the Luxor has excellent internet services. What a match!!! I wonder if F-word will include this on their highlight film.

Last thing, I hope that Stam can refrain from yellow cards in the weeks before the PSV ,AZ, and Twente matches.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » di feb 06, 2007 2:08 pm

SwedishFan schreef:
aveslacker schreef:
ZoefdeHaas schreef: Even Gabri played a great game, imo.
I read somewhere he was Ten Cate's option as man of the match.
yeah he played a marvelous game! I was really impressed (although I predicted this could happen with Davids in the squad). He was my second pick as motm, I think he and Sneijder both deserved it.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 06, 2007 4:24 pm

Yeah, Gabri was great.

Davids was a bit disappointing in possession (he lost the ball quite a few times), but at the same time Gabri and Davids were the reason why Sneijder was so great. With Gabri and Davids (two pitbull types) in his back Sneijder doesn't need to think about defending anymore. No need to track back. He can play like a real, classic 'number 10' now - and that's what he's good at. I think this midfield (Gabri - Sneijder - Davids) can really work.

Sneijder, Gabri, Babel and De Mul were my Men of the Match, in that order. Urby and Johnny H. were shit. Leo was alright, but I had expected a little bit more of him in this game. Babel did very well as a 'number 9', so I think KJH will be on the bench for at least another week (I don't like the idea, don't get me wrong, but Babel did the business, so there's not much for KJH to claim at this point).

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di feb 06, 2007 8:15 pm

Looks like great tifo and atmosphere in the ArenA.

Afbeelding
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di feb 06, 2007 9:53 pm

Nobody mentioned the violence that occured outside the Amsterdam Arena, apparently there was some trouble, can anyone explain more about this? Ko?

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo feb 07, 2007 11:43 am

Yeh before the game some Ajax fans caused some problems and police arressted em. Dont know the numbers.
Get a Cock

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo feb 07, 2007 11:53 am

Ayman schreef:Nobody mentioned the violence that occured outside the Amsterdam Arena, apparently there was some trouble, can anyone explain more about this? Ko?
There were problems at the north side of the Arena. I was there also because I had tickets for entrance Noord A. The trains for the away-fans are stopping at the north side of the Arena. So a lot of wannabe-hooligans "welcome" the feyenoord supporters, which is pretty dumb. There is al least a 400 yard spacing between the trains and the Ajaxfans and an army of policemen are also between it all. So the Ajaxfans are throwing bottles and fireworks in the direction of the trains, but they only reach the policemen. So the police comes into action and arrests some wannabe-hooligans. Its pretty humoristic to see it all.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo feb 07, 2007 12:17 pm

I didn't see what happened but this is what I guessed when I entered in the stadium (Noord A too). I had to go through the frontline to enter and saw that there were reminders of police charges on the floor... :sad:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo feb 07, 2007 12:46 pm

Ah, let's not exaggerate the trouble...

It was the 'usual' and not much more than that. A few bricks, bottles and other crap flying around when the Feyenoord trains arrived (indeed, by the North end, as Cedric says). But the two groups never came close to each other and there was no fighting, except a few police charges to drive the Ajax fans back. And a few Ajax got nicked in the process.

I'm not saying that it's 'normal', but there were no massive riots or something.

Anyways, people... Match report is now finally up on Ajax USA :blush:

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m06-07/ ... assic.html

K.
Still alive...

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » do feb 08, 2007 12:48 am

this fight was called "bloody-sunday"

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » do feb 08, 2007 3:03 am

:rofl:

Where on earth did you get that from, mate?

Frans

Bericht door Frans » do feb 08, 2007 4:22 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Ah, let's not exaggerate the trouble...

It was the 'usual' and not much more than that. A few bricks, bottles and other crap flying around when the Feyenoord trains arrived (indeed, by the North end, as Cedric says). But the two groups never came close to each other and there was no fighting, except a few police charges to drive the Ajax fans back. And a few Ajax got nicked in the process.

I'm not saying that it's 'normal', but there were no massive riots or something.
It's still sad that this sort of thing can be dismissed as 'the usual'. If anything like that happened at a sports match here it would be all over the press.

acab

Bericht door acab » do feb 08, 2007 1:45 pm

it seems that we hace a bigger chances 4 the championship trophy now. anyway, i am a little bit pesimystic. 5 pt. and cery hard program from now on...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 08, 2007 5:35 pm

Frans schreef:It's still sad that this sort of thing can be dismissed as 'the usual'. If anything like that happened at a sports match here it would be all over the press.
Yeah, copy that. Don't get me wrong: I totally agree.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 09, 2007 4:35 pm

This is a great read... From England's The Times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 336946.ece

K.
Still alive...

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » za feb 10, 2007 12:00 am

Thomas schreef::rofl:

Where on earth did you get that from, mate?
Afbeelding

BOMMEN OP ROTterdam

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » za feb 10, 2007 12:11 am

That banner didn't refer to last Sunday, Van Basten. It referred to World War II.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za feb 10, 2007 1:15 am

Yeh it's a disgusting play on words from Russia's revoltuion and the WW2 bombing of Rotterdam.

It shouldnt have been there.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za feb 10, 2007 9:46 am

It's not an example of great taste, but - as Volkskrant columnist Paul Onkenhout points out in his football column today - there are comedians who make worse jokes about human suffering in sold-out theatres on a daily basis.

K.
Still alive...

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » za feb 10, 2007 10:30 am

Thomas schreef:That banner didn't refer to last Sunday, Van Basten. It referred to World War II.
You wanted to say Van der Vaart :D

Plaats reactie