24 Dec 2006: Vitesse - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » ma dec 25, 2006 5:59 pm

If anything, his substituting has been poor.
You can erase that 'if anything'; his subsituting has lost us points on numerous occasions.

Nevertheless I agree with Ko, and I still believe that ten Cate can get somewhere with this group. Or this group and a couple of extra players, to be more realistic...
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » ma dec 25, 2006 6:17 pm

Mwah, Maybe two or three times. I'd like to know which games you're talking about.

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » ma dec 25, 2006 8:01 pm

I know Stam is injured but I seen enough matches where Vermaelen and
Emanuelson were exposed in defending -Vitesse made adjustments and
blew away Ajax in the 2nd half-Merry F*cking Christmas-even my Grolsch beer stinks......
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma dec 25, 2006 9:48 pm

ajax-erie schreef:I know Stam is injured but I seen enough matches where Vermaelen and
blew away Ajax in the 2nd half-Merry F*cking Christmas-even my Grolsch beer stinks......
It had very little to do with the adjustment of Vitesse. It was Ajax that came out on to the pitch, sleepwalking. And they never woke up.

And this match was the 3rd match where I saw Vermaelen and Urby fucking up together. They don't even understand the basics of defending....

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » di dec 26, 2006 1:26 am

ajax-erie schreef:I know Stam is injured but I seen enough matches where Vermaelen and
Stam isn't injured, he just has a flu. I hope he and heitinga will play against roda and maybe our defense will not look so miserable. But because of gabri suspension HTC can bring Heitinga in midfield, like he did against Zulte and AZ. He is good defender but realy not the best midfielder. We need to buy a solid midfielder in in january!

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » di dec 26, 2006 1:54 pm

"This was a matter of poor mentality. This team has an attitude problem," said Henk ten Cate after the game. "Perhaps it's a chronic problem. I mean: my predecessors couldn't find a solution, either."
something tells me that we only do well in one of 2 situations:

a) Brilliant players

but since we don't have that... .

b) DICIPLINARIAN coaches...in the mould of VanGaal and Cruijff .

If Ajax don't beat Roda *let alone convincingly*, The chants from the F-Side should be : "You lot are a disgrace to the shirt!!"

Yes I am very very pissed off. They've really bloody spoilt my holidays... . :nooo:
AJACIED

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » di dec 26, 2006 8:50 pm

Ajax has had a continuing problem with their player’s mentality for several years now, it’s one of the two fundamental problems that has driven a wedge between Ajax and the elite of European soccer. A succession of Ajax coaches have now failed to deal with it, and it has cost every single one of them their jobs. Victor Sikora said it best after he left Ajax, when he said that Ajax isn’t a team, but rather eleven little companies all out for their own profit.

I think the problem lies at the Toekomst. The system at the academy breeds individualism at the cost of team spirit and fighting spirit. For players to survive from year into the next they need to do so at the expense of other players. In the future they need to spend more time emphasising team building, and less on individual achievement.

The other problem of course lies with the Eredivisie. It’s just too small and too uncompetitive. This means Ajax will never have the revenue to pay the higher salaries, and that they will always have a problem retaining quality players. The best players want to test themselves against the best. how can you motivate players for an away game against a sell-out 3.500 crowd at Excelsior, when those players know that they could be playing at Camp Nou, San Siro or Old Trafford?

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » di dec 26, 2006 10:32 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:Victor Sikora said it best after he left Ajax, when he said that Ajax isn’t a team, but rather eleven little companies all out for their own profit.
It was quite well known that Sikora didn't fit in at the Arena. We're not sure what happens in the dressing room but I am under the impression that he didn't get along with most people there.
The Purple Cow schreef:I think the problem lies at the Toekomst. The system at the academy breeds individualism at the cost of team spirit and fighting spirit. For players to survive from year into the next they need to do so at the expense of other players. In the future they need to spend more time emphasising team building, and less on individual achievement.
This happens everywhere. At the big clubs you mentioned below like the Barcelona, Milan and Man United, you still need a supporting cast to do well enough to get out of the reserves or youth teams. The most recent group we can point to is Man United's Golden Generation of P&G Neville, Scholes, Butt, Beckham and Savage disproves your hypothesis. Savage didn't make it with United but went on to build a career still in the Premiership (so still if you have sufficient talent you'll make it). Butt, Scholes and Beckham since they all played in the same midfield should have eliminated each other if your hypothesis holds true.
The Purple Cow schreef:The other problem of course lies with the Eredivisie. It’s just too small and too uncompetitive. This means Ajax will never have the revenue to pay the higher salaries, and that they will always have a problem retaining quality players. The best players want to test themselves against the best. how can you motivate players for an away game against a sell-out 3.500 crowd at Excelsior, when those players know that they could be playing at Camp Nou, San Siro or Old Trafford?
Here's a thought then, if our most outstanding youngsters now like Vertongen, Sneijder, Babel and Urby want a move to such big teams, how should they go about achieving that? By playing unmotivatedly and tossing a 2-0 lead away to Vitesse? Ajax don't keep. I think they understand what market they're in, they merely develop and sell but in the time they're at Ajax, these youngsters must excel. At the moment this generation: Steklenberg, Heitinga, DeMul, Babel, Sneijder, Urby and the imports like Grygera, Gabri and Rosales aren't even meeting the minimum requirements.

Sorry but I don't think your thoughts "hold water".
AJACIED

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo dec 27, 2006 12:02 am

A hugh problem with our team is that too many young Dutch players have been given caps when they are not ready and thus think they have made it. Plus for the last few summers we seem to unload half our squad.(Not always because we want to with Bosman)

Of the 24 first teamers at present as many as a dozen wont be here next season.
Some we will probably be pleased to see go but surely you cannot keep on getting rid of half your squad every summer.!!

We also have a different 11 every game and we have not had too many injuries like we had last season!!

If we do not win the playoffs do you think Ajax will sack Ten Cate??

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » wo dec 27, 2006 11:52 am

SPL schreef: If we do not win the playoffs do you think Ajax will sack Ten Cate??
I think it also depends how far we will go in UEFA cup

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo dec 27, 2006 12:32 pm

I am 100% convinced that Ten Cate will not be sacked. It would be the stupidest thing to do.

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » wo dec 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Why is sacking ten Cate more stupid than sacking Blind, Koeman, Adriaanse, Wouters or Olsen?
I think I lost my fucking headache

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo dec 27, 2006 1:14 pm

Lucas schreef:Why is sacking ten Cate more stupid than sacking Blind, Koeman, Adriaanse, Wouters or Olsen?
My opinion, Lucas, my opinion... I think I've had the Blind discussion about six million times - and I'm not gonna have it again.

Also, I place Olsen and Adriaanse in an entirely different category than Koeman and Blind.

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » wo dec 27, 2006 1:23 pm

My question wasn't about Blind Ko. I understand you are a (strong) believer in ten Cate. But what has his team shown when looking at results and consistent good play what the teams of the 5 sacked trainers before ten Cate didn't show?
I think I lost my fucking headache

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » di jan 09, 2007 1:58 pm

It was quite well known that Sikora didn't fit in at the Arena. We're not sure what happens in the dressing room but I am under the impression that he didn't get along with most people there."
Whether he fitted in or not is completely irrelevant to the validity of his comments. Did it not occur to you that the reason he didn't fit is was because he was disilusioned with the attitude of his teammates?
This happens everywhere. At the big clubs you mentioned below like the Barcelona, Milan and Man United, you still need a supporting cast to do well enough to get out of the reserves or youth teams. The most recent group we can point to is Man United's Golden Generation of P&G Neville, Scholes, Butt, Beckham and Savage disproves your hypothesis. Savage didn't make it with United but went on to build a career still in the Premiership (so still if you have sufficient talent you'll make it). Butt, Scholes and Beckham since they all played in the same midfield should have eliminated each other if your hypothesis holds true.

This is total nonsense, I'm not even sure what point you are trying to make. The point is that it's the culture at the Toekomst that is at fault - not the concept of having an academy.
Here's a thought then, if our most outstanding youngsters now like Vertongen, Sneijder, Babel and Urby want a move to such big teams, how should they go about achieving that? By playing unmotivatedly and tossing a 2-0 lead away to Vitesse? Ajax don't keep. I think they understand what market they're in, they merely develop and sell but in the time they're at Ajax, these youngsters must excel. At the moment this generation: Steklenberg, Heitinga, DeMul, Babel, Sneijder, Urby and the imports like Grygera, Gabri and Rosales aren't even meeting the minimum requirements.

Sorry but I don't think your thoughts "hold water".
I couldn't give a kipper's dick if you think my thoughts 'hold water' or not, you haven't actually managed to deal with any of them. The last paragraph is even more incomprehensible than it's predicessor.

Plaats reactie