24 Dec 2006: Vitesse - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo dec 24, 2006 3:11 pm

Van basten schreef:Question - is there anyone who still thinks, that we can catch PSV this season?
Leonardo

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo dec 24, 2006 3:33 pm

To add insult to injury their 2 late goals were scored by 2 of our rejects Hersi and Benson. Yakubu and Esajas were on the bench so that makes 4 rejects who will be happy.Still most Dutch teams have former Ajax players.( PSV of course have Reitzieger Kluivert and Culina.)

For the second year running we must thank the playoff system as at present we do not look as though we will catch AZ although they tend to fade late season.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo dec 24, 2006 3:36 pm

Before the season i was so sure that we will win eredivisie that i wanted go to beting office and put a money on ajax (about 500 $). thank god, that i drunk all that money :bier: :bier: :bier: :headbang:

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo dec 24, 2006 4:44 pm

well, well, mr. AAD DE MOS does it again

mr TEN CATE has hwk, and his fuckin Ajax squad have a lot to think about. What abunch of losers, I can't expect the likes of Gabri knowing Ajax history, but for faithful fans and veteran players: AJAX HAVENT DONE JACK IN THE LAST DECADE SO START WINING NOW.

It was like watching Holland-Czech Euro 2004 all over again, only worse. Luckily AZ "only" drew but now our hopes of catching PSV are gone. Man are they laughing. :pukey:
Get a Cock

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » zo dec 24, 2006 5:22 pm

Van basten schreef:Question - is there anyone who still thinks, that we can catch PSV this season?
One No vote from Bocking
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » zo dec 24, 2006 6:05 pm

it seems that our improving trend is nothing but wishful thinking

IMO the main is issue is why did we failed in building a powerful side over the years spent in the CL ?
Appie, stay strong !

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo dec 24, 2006 6:15 pm

philippe schreef:it seems that our improving trend is nothing but wishful thinking

IMO the main is issue is why did we failed in building a powerful side over the years spent in the CL ?
Company policy. The board of Ajax thinks that if they sign (for example) Maduro for 3 years, that they have a defending midfielder for the comming 3 years. All the other clubs are constantly improving their squads, but Ajax think that they will manage it with a bunch of talents that never will be ready for the real work.

We don't want to invest a lot of money in new players and if we have a good one, Ajax will sell it within 3 seconds to another club (Zlatan and others)

Everybody thinks that Ajax is a professional organisation, but we aren't... That's the truth.
Laatst gewijzigd door GangstaRiB op zo dec 24, 2006 7:28 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo dec 24, 2006 7:05 pm

HTC announced that there will be an extra training session on Christmas Day. Good. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of tossers.

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op zo dec 24, 2006 8:01 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo dec 24, 2006 7:48 pm

I am not a fan of the playoffs but even my son said the playoffs mean Ajax AZ and Fword can coast the next 16 games. Twente being a small team still need to keep going to finish in top 5.

Without the playoffs there would be a tough battle for second place for the rest of the season but now we can play crap for the next 16 games , but will still finish in top 5. We only need to produce 4 good games ie playoffs.

This is not a good system even if we win them again .

Are Christmas games proving popular with the Dutch football public??

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo dec 24, 2006 8:01 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:HTC announced that there will be an extra training session on Christmas Day. Good. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of tossers.

K.{/b]

God I hope they make them run their arses till their dead, and then add an extra session of ass spanking !!!!!!

PD: And i mean Ten Cate too !!!!!!
BRING IT ON !!!!...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo dec 24, 2006 8:06 pm

SPL schreef:I am not a fan of the playoffs but even my son said the playoffs mean Ajax AZ and Fword can coast the next 16 games. Twente being a small team still need to keep going to finish in top 5.

Without the playoffs there would be a tough battle for second place for the rest of the season but now we can play crap for the next 16 games , but will still finish in top 5. We only need to produce 4 good games ie playoffs.

This is not a good system even if we win them again .

Are Christmas games proving popular with the Dutch football public??
The play-offs are only good for the money. The championship counts to the supporters!

And the Christmas games are just as popular as every other weekend. Nothing special, really.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo dec 24, 2006 8:10 pm

Lets look at the positives, the January transfer window is about to open real soon, we can then start to look for 1 or 2 defenders and several midfielders, since Lindenburgh, Krohn-Delhi are almost certain to leave, and Roger will be a squad player until his contract finishes. Also, the idea is that we make the play offs, and we are only 2 points behind AZ, so Im not too worried. Henk ten Cate should be worried about his job, if things keep going this way!!! :yes:

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo dec 24, 2006 9:17 pm

There's no money so we can't invest in any real quality for the squad.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma dec 25, 2006 12:08 am

Ayman schreef:Lets look at the positives, the January transfer window is about to open real soon, we can then start to look for 1 or 2 defenders and several midfielders, since Lindenburgh, Krohn-Delhi are almost certain to leave, and Roger will be a squad player until his contract finishes. Also, the idea is that we make the play offs, and we are only 2 points behind AZ, so Im not too worried. Henk ten Cate should be worried about his job, if things keep going this way!!! :yes:
Yess.. we compete for the second spot whoohoo :nooo: :sad:

Sorry to be sarcastic, but finishing second is the same as finishing 5th!

As I told earlier: the championship is the only thing that counts.

And we don't have money to invest during the winter transfer window.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma dec 25, 2006 12:54 am

I guess its a karma thing then, last year Feyenoord and AZ competed for the second slot for nothing cuz in the end we finished 4th and won the play-off.

For us the rest off the season is worthless, we should just concentrate on the Uefa cup too see if we can do something right this season :yes:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 25, 2006 1:44 am

GangstaRiB schreef:Sorry to be sarcastic, but finishing second is the same as finishing 5th!
No, it's not. I am just as disappointed as you - and I'm sure we agree for 99%, but I very, very strongly disagree with the above statement.

I guess that's down to the fact that I refuse to see the whole season as a qualification campaign for the Champions League. Every game is an event in itself (win = good, defeat = not good) and I most definitely have a sense of 'honour' and 'pride' that makes me want to finish higher than the others. And those 'others' are not just PSV. If we can't finish higher than PSV, I still want to finish higher than the other 16 Eredivisie teams. 2nd and 5th the same? I could never be that cynical. The Eredivisie is also a competition in itself, not just a series of 34 Champions League qualifiers. I refuse to look at it that way. Would ruin the whole thing for me.

K.
Still alive...

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » ma dec 25, 2006 3:35 am

*Speechless* :X

This isn't Ajax. I'm sorry but this is a disgrace to the shirt. To lead 2-0 and end up tossing the game away? And losing it to 4 second half goals? It's simply unacceptable.

How do these players get away with it? There must be some form of "Quality Control". Internally, someone must be aware of even the minimum standards that an Ajax team should play to? When Charlton got knocked out of by Wycombe, the team actually issued a public apology and the team was locked into the dressing room for over 2hrs. This perhaps isn't as bad as that but losing to 4 second half goals after leading 2-0 is actually justifiably just as bad regardless of the quality of the opposition.

From what we know, there's an extra training session on X'mas day but what good will that be? This team and its performance has been simply unacceptable!!

Dare I say it? Bring back Van Gaal!!
AJACIED

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma dec 25, 2006 9:29 am

This was one of those games that you can't really boil it down to something.

The mistake with Blind was he never found the winning 11 (btw that's a great game buy it), and HTC is going in that direction. The first line up is always unbalanced and mixed.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 25, 2006 11:12 am

ofey schreef:How do these players get away with it? There must be some form of "Quality Control". Internally, someone must be aware of even the minimum standards that an Ajax team should play to? When Charlton got knocked out of by Wycombe, the team actually issued a public apology and the team was locked into the dressing room for over 2hrs.
The Ajax players won't have a Christmas Day. Instead, they'll be training behind closed doors at the ArenA. And they will all be fined - and the total amount will be donated to a charity.

This defeat was entirely down to poor mentality - and they will pay for it.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 25, 2006 12:29 pm

Match report is up...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m06-07/ ... f-4-2.html

Merry Christmas everybody...

K.
Still alive...

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma dec 25, 2006 12:38 pm

People, i have a bad dream this night.. I dreamed that we lost to vitesse 2-4.. What a nightmare.. It's good that it's just a bad dream..

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma dec 25, 2006 12:39 pm

Shit!!!! it wasn't dream!!!!

bryan

Bericht door bryan » ma dec 25, 2006 1:17 pm

Don't blame Ten Cate! He's getting the most out of these assholes. The team is doing way better than last year, the table speaks for itself. Last year 5th/4th, this year 3rd/2nd, next year better again.

Don't forget, if it wasn't for Blind we'd have Escude, Galasek and Pienaar in this seasons's squad.

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » ma dec 25, 2006 3:49 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:This was one of those games that you can't really boil it down to something.

The mistake with Blind was he never found the winning 11 (btw that's a great game buy it), and HTC is going in that direction. The first line up is always unbalanced and mixed.
That's just not true. HtC's starting line-ups have been good and have earned us points on numerous occasions. If anything, his substituting has been poor.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 25, 2006 3:53 pm

Exactly. I am 100% convinced that we have the best coach we could possibly have at the moment. Totally believe in Van Geel and HTC.

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie