Plaats reactie
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

13 Dec 2006: SV Zulte Waregem - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 05, 2006 11:21 am

The last group game!

What are we playing for?

We finish second in group F if we win. We finish third (and advance) if we draw. We finish third (and advance) if we lose by three goals or less. We finih fourth (and crash out) if we lose by four goals or more.

K.
Still alive...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » di dec 05, 2006 1:43 pm

Before the start of this group I said to myself that we had to win all the games, in this very mediocre and pathetic group. A win against Wien, a draw against Praque and lost against Espanyol.... Ajax loses its fame and name, more and more. Against Zulte we have to play a descent match with a solid win. Only then I will be satisfied.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di dec 05, 2006 9:41 pm

It doesn't have a big importance (well I hope... :D ) but why would we finish fourth if we lose by four goals ?
For me, the goal differential would be -3, as Sparta, but then, we would still be third as we have scored more goals.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

dws

Bericht door dws » di dec 05, 2006 10:06 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:It doesn't have a big importance (well I hope... :D ) but why would we finish fourth if we lose by four goals ?
For me, the goal differential would be -3, as Sparta, but then, we would still be third as we have scored more goals.

Maybe because Austria Vien's results, as the bottom placed club, will be disregarded. If so, Ajax will finish below Sparta on goal difference.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di dec 05, 2006 11:34 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:Before the start of this group I said to myself that we had to win all the games, in this very mediocre and pathetic group. A win against Wien, a draw against Praque and lost against Espanyol.... Ajax loses its fame and name, more and more. Against Zulte we have to play a descent match with a solid win. Only then I will be satisfied.
I have too agree with this, no more excuses. We should be profesional enough to take this game seriuosly and win it.

Whats on the line ? well if we qualify as a third seed we will have too play against one off the third seed´s FROM THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. That would mean playing against pretty good teams like Werder Bremen and Bordeaux or have too make long trips too cold unconfortable places like Donestk and Moscow. Hell depending on tomorrow´s results we could have too face the likes of Arsenal,Porto or Man U.

I´m not saying i´m afraid of these teams i mean too be the best you gotta beat the best but i would rather face an easier team like Maccabi Haifa or Dynamo Bucharest than the ones from the champions league.

But in the end nobody knows ;) let´s just get too the round of 32 first :yes:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo dec 06, 2006 12:24 am

Yeah, totally agreed. I didn't expect us to beat Espanyol (good side, and I never thought they wouldn't be), but the other three games were games that we should normally win.

Even if we finish third and advance to the next round, we will look like a bunch of complete c*nts if we lose to this lot - plain simple. This is a must-win, not because of the table, but because we're Ajax.

K.
Still alive...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » wo dec 06, 2006 12:44 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Whats on the line ? well if we qualify as a third seed we will have too play against one off the third seed´s FROM THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. That would mean playing against pretty good teams like Werder Bremen and Bordeaux or have too make long trips too cold unconfortable places like Donestk and Moscow. Hell depending on tomorrow´s results we could have too face the likes of Arsenal,Porto or Man U.
The numbers two from the UEFA Cup groups face the CL-dropouts.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo dec 06, 2006 12:03 pm

And the worst thing is: back in my mind I fear Zulte Waregem... Although they are semi-professional, they will 1000% motivated. Ajax on the other hand, know that they will proceed to the next round. I think that we do proceed to the next round, but a win over Zulte? An arrogant Ajax against super-motivated semi-profs... not a good combination. I remember a few games against Lausanne Sports, Maccabi Haifa :sad:

I'm worried that Ajax will (once again) have to walk the walk of shame.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo dec 06, 2006 4:02 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:And the worst thing is: back in my mind I fear Zulte Waregem... Although they are semi-professional, they will 1000% motivated. Ajax on the other hand, know that they will proceed to the next round. I think that we do proceed to the next round, but a win over Zulte? An arrogant Ajax against super-motivated semi-profs... not a good combination. I remember a few games against Lausanne Sports, Maccabi Haifa :sad:

I'm worried that Ajax will (once again) have to walk the walk of shame.
We already walked it when we lost to Sparta Roterdam.... i dont think they will sleepwalk on this one. In the back of their heads they know they have a debt too pay with the fans. Zulte is already in the next round and it may even be better for them if they finish third (no champions league team).
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo dec 06, 2006 4:51 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:I'm worried that Ajax will (once again) have to walk the walk of shame.
Always look at the bright side: we've done that little stroll so many times in recent years that at least we won't get lost...

K.
Still alive...

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » do dec 07, 2006 9:15 pm

:headbang: :headbang:
The writing could be on the wall! After that defeat by Copenhagen, it was "written" that we were going to be drawn against someone in Man United / Celtic's table. Looks as though the Gods are leading us to Portugal!

Let's hope for a win!

:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:
34 will always be with us

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 11, 2006 9:45 am

It really is ironic...

If we win in Belgium we'll finish second in the group and we'll get one of the following opponents: Werder Bremen, Spartak Moscow, Bordeaux, Shakhtar Donetsk, Steaua Bucharest, Benfica, CSKA Moscow or AEK Athens.

Which means: 50% chance of an opponent from the former Eastern Bloc. Or Greece. Long trips. Extreme conditions (the weather in Eastern Europe or the atmosphere in Greece). Quality opposition, too.

If we lose in Belgium (let's say 1-0 or 2-0) we'll finish third. Which means we'll get a UEFA Cup group winner and at the moment it looks like there might be a 50% chance of a British opponent: Newcastle United, Panathinaikos, Nancy or Blackburn Rovers, Parma, Sevilla, Tottenham Hotspur, Glasgow Rangers.

I would love to play Spurs. Or Sevilla.

But really: we just can't give this game away. Would be sooo embarrassing. We have to win because we're Ajax. Matter of pride. But I would prefer to finish third, to be honest...

K.
Still alive...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma dec 11, 2006 10:30 am

We have to win! According to some Belgians on other Ajax forums, the stadium in Gent (where the game will be played) is sold out and supporters from all over Belgium (even from other teams!) will be there. Zulte Waregem will be motivated for their "match of the century" and Ajax... aah well... I fear the worst. I bet some players will step on the pitch keeping in mind that we play Excelsior coming weekend.

I don't want to speculate over future opponents whether we end 2nd or 3rd in the group. We just have to win and face a CL-drop out.
Laatst gewijzigd door GangstaRiB op ma dec 11, 2006 2:14 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma dec 11, 2006 1:52 pm

At least it looks like we won't be playing on a frozen pitch.

We will win and then we will beat the CL drop-out team. Simple as that. We are Ajax, and we shouldn't be worried about a team that finished third in their pool.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » ma dec 11, 2006 7:46 pm

There's no need to lose the game. A draw will do to finish third. I wouldn't mind a game against the Rangers in the next round. And after Glasgow it's time to beat the crap out of Benfica.

This team is a work in progress and needs opposition of gradually increasing strength, not a premature trip to Moscow or Bremen. Ajax ain't ready for that yet.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di dec 12, 2006 3:42 am

Kowalczyk schreef:It really is ironic...

If we win in Belgium we'll finish second in the group and we'll get one of the following opponents: Werder Bremen, Spartak Moscow, Bordeaux, Shakhtar Donetsk, Steaua Bucharest, Benfica, CSKA Moscow or AEK Athens.

Which means: 50% chance of an opponent from the former Eastern Bloc. Or Greece. Long trips. Extreme conditions (the weather in Eastern Europe or the atmosphere in Greece). Quality opposition, too.

If we lose in Belgium (let's say 1-0 or 2-0) we'll finish third. Which means we'll get a UEFA Cup group winner and at the moment it looks like there might be a 50% chance of a British opponent: Newcastle United, Panathinaikos, Nancy or Blackburn Rovers, Parma, Sevilla, Tottenham Hotspur, Glasgow Rangers.

I would love to play Spurs. Or Sevilla.

But really: we just can't give this game away. Would be sooo embarrassing. We have to win because we're Ajax. Matter of pride. But I would prefer to finish third, to be honest...

K.
Man Sevilla is a great place too visit, sunny and warm with beutifull beaches.... but i`m afraid we would be obliterated by this team :nooo:
Laatst gewijzigd door Venezuelan Ajacied op di dec 12, 2006 7:02 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » di dec 12, 2006 5:09 am

HTC: "my teams are always at their best in February". So Ajax will play spectaculair football in the first months of 2007. So whether its Sevilla, Moscow or London we will kick ass. I hope this takes away any doubts one may have had about us advancing to the 1/4 finals of the UC.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo dec 13, 2006 9:45 pm

It's half-time at Ghent's Otten Stadium and the half-time score is SV Zulte Waregem 0, Ajax 1.

The goal was scored after only 3 minutes by Klaas-Jan Huntelaar: an easy finish from close range.

Ajax started quite well. The Belgian goalkeeper saved on good shots from Sneijder and Babel. But the Belgians fought back into the game, were the more determined side in the latter 25 minutes and could have been awarded a penalty when Urby Emanuelson seemed to make contact with his opponent inside the penalty box.

Second half is about to start. Wesley Sneijder remains in the dressing-room (seems to have picked up a muscular injury in his back). Thomas Vermaelen replaces him.

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » wo dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm

Easy win .... great strike from the Sheit for the 0:3 :headbang:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo dec 13, 2006 10:43 pm

F*cking hell, what a goal...

So, it's Werder Bremen, Spartak Moscow, Bordeaux, Shakhtar Donetsk, Steaua Bucharest, Benfica, CSKA Moscow or AEK Athens. Draw on Friday.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do dec 14, 2006 3:30 pm

For those who haven't noticed yet: match report is up on A-USA...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m06-07/ ... m-0-3.html

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » za dec 16, 2006 5:58 pm

superb goal from Heitinga :worshippy:
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za dec 16, 2006 10:39 pm

philippe schreef:superb goal from Heitinga :worshippy:
Is there video available anywhere online?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za dec 16, 2006 11:26 pm

aveslacker schreef:
Yep. Try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_dQvauHbtg or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shpsCe_FLcI which has the other goals as well :xyxthumbs:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo dec 17, 2006 4:15 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
aveslacker schreef:
Yep. Try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_dQvauHbtg or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shpsCe_FLcI which has the other goals as well :xyxthumbs:
Thanks! :eusa_dance: :headbang: :xyxthumbs:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Plaats reactie