Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

01 Oct 2006: FC Utrecht - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo sep 24, 2006 8:42 pm

October already! Time flies...

Utrecht - Ajax... Always a supreme grudge game and always a very, very difficult one. We lost five out of the last six times we went there.

I find this a very important fixture. Utrecht away is always a very physical and the atmosphere can be intimidating over there. It is in this type of game that I want to see the essential difference between this season's and last season's Ajax. I want them to look more solid, more mature, more experienced and of higher quality. And I want them to win.

Let's face it: the last two weeks have been as poor as the 2005-2006 season, which was disappointing after the Vitesse home game. Utrecht away is a perfect moment to show the fans that we're actually making progress.

Ajax - don't let us down!

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma sep 25, 2006 2:02 am

Are away fans alowed at this fixture? I remember hearing something about how "high-risk" fixtures would not have away fans after last year's problems at F(*@nord - Ajax.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 25, 2006 5:27 am

aveslacker schreef:Are away fans alowed at this fixture? I remember hearing something about how "high-risk" fixtures would not have away fans after last year's problems at F(*@nord - Ajax.
There will be no fans at ADO Den Haag vs Ajax confrontations for three seasons, due to the 'clubhouse attack'.

And there was talk about a similar measure for Feyenoord vs Ajax games after the incidents near De Kuip in 2005. But it never happened.

But I don't think there's been any discussion about high risk fixtures in general (all games between Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Den Haag and Utrecht). We are welcome to travel to Utrecht (on a bus combi). Away end is already sold out: there will be 1,200 of us.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma sep 25, 2006 8:42 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
aveslacker schreef:Are away fans alowed at this fixture? I remember hearing something about how "high-risk" fixtures would not have away fans after last year's problems at F(*@nord - Ajax.
There will be no fans at ADO Den Haag vs Ajax confrontations for three seasons, due to the 'clubhouse attack'.

And there was talk about a similar measure for Feyenoord vs Ajax games after the incidents near De Kuip in 2005. But it never happened.

But I don't think there's been any discussion about high risk fixtures in general (all games between Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Den Haag and Utrecht). We are welcome to travel to Utrecht (on a bus combi). Away end is already sold out: there will be 1,200 of us.

K.
Thanks. Have fun. I'll bet that's a fun fixture to attend.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 25, 2006 11:52 pm

It will be an interesting one...

From what I've seen of Utrecht so far, I get the impression that they've lost some quality and are not as good as in recent seasons (Roda, Heerenveen and Groningen look better, for example). But it will most definitely be a serious, serious test and pretty much the first game in which Ajax will be heavily tested physically.

They will probably kick everything that moves, as usual. These are the games in which you may expect boys like Stam and Gabri to make the difference and take the team by the hand.

Big statement: this game will tell us if Ajax really have made a step forward when it comes to physical power and experience. In games like Utrecht away they will have to prove it.

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » di sep 26, 2006 12:00 am

Honestly, I think Utrecht look better than Groningen.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo sep 27, 2006 6:37 pm

The Galgenwaard is always a dificult stadium to play in, it should be a very ineresting match. Hope i'll be able to catch it :yes:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr sep 29, 2006 7:51 pm

Here's the latest (bad) news...

KJH sustained an injury in training today and will be out for two weeks. He collided with Jan Vertonghen and twisted his ankle. We will have to do without him in Utrecht.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr sep 29, 2006 9:58 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Here's the latest (bad) news...

KJH sustained an injury in training today and will be out for two weeks. He collided with Jan Vertonghen and twisted his ankle. We will have to do without him in Utrecht.

K.
I'd like to see Rosenberg take his spot, and leave Babel out left. Then those two could switch between center forward and left wing. Would be an interesting challenge for defenders.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za sep 30, 2006 2:10 am

aveslacker schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:Here's the latest (bad) news...

K.
I'd like to see Rosenberg take his spot, and leave Babel out left. Then those two could switch between center forward and left wing. Would be an interesting challenge for defenders.
I agree, good idea :xyxthumbs: and to be quite honest Rosenberg has been in better form recently, so it will be a good test for him. His two goals yesterday should give him enough confidence too do the job. Lets hope for a quick recovery for Huntelaar, until then Rosenberg will have too step up.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za sep 30, 2006 9:00 am

Totally agreed.

On Thursday Rosenberg scored twice as a left winger and Babel once as a central striker, so let's leave it that way. Indeed, they can always switch.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za sep 30, 2006 9:05 am

Man - I really want to win over there. Really hate them, especially the fans. Ajax at home is the game of the year to them. Beat Ajax and their season is already a success... Sad bunch of tw@tz. Time to show who's the boss.

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » za sep 30, 2006 10:22 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Man - I really want to win over there. Really hate them, especially the fans. Ajax at home is the game of the year to them. Beat Ajax and their season is already a success... Sad bunch of tw@tz. Time to show who's the boss.

K.
I am with you on this one Ko - that team are really the anti-christ of football. I would love to watch a FC ugly training session - I bet you they don't practice at all with the ball - in all probability they move on from the physical exercises straight onto kicking volunteers in as many ways as possible.

In the past I have had the feeling that our players are intimidated over there - this time I cannot see the likes of Stam letting that happen.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za sep 30, 2006 10:50 am

Will there be silence or something for Di Tommaso?
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za sep 30, 2006 12:09 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Will there be silence or something for Di Tommaso?
That would be a bit ridiculous... I mean: respect to the bloke and I really think Ajax won some credit over there when Wesley Sneijder showed up at the memorial service, but hey: it's a year ago and since when do we observe silence for people who died a year ago...? Don't get me wrong, but that would be a first and it would be a bit too much (and I mean: corny).

If they do it, they would be 'using' the memory of Di Tommaso only to create an atmosphere of respect. That would be fundamentally wrong.

Like: we want the supporters to behave themselves, so what can we do? Let's turn the heaters up on board of the combi buses, let's give them a free cup of coffee and let's make them observe a minute of silence for someone... Come on. That would be fake and yes, disrespectful to Di Tommaso.

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za sep 30, 2006 8:44 pm

Kowalczyk said:
Man - I really want to win over there. Really hate them, especially the fans. Ajax at home is the game of the year to them. Beat Ajax and their season is already a success... Sad bunch of tw@tz. Time to show who's the boss.

What puzzles me is that we nicked a few of their kids back in the day i.e. Jan Wouters in the 80's and N.Jong when he was in his mid teens. Its strange since they hate us sooo much

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za sep 30, 2006 9:20 pm

Ayman schreef:Kowalczyk said:

What puzzles me is that we nicked a few of their kids back in the day i.e. Jan Wouters in the 80's and N.Jong when he was in his mid teens. Its strange since they hate us sooo much
and Wesley Sneijder is from Utrecht...perhaps that's one reason why?
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » zo okt 01, 2006 12:23 pm

2 0 f0r ajax at half time - gabri and heitinga :headbang:
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo okt 01, 2006 1:22 pm

More like 2-2..
Get a Cock

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo okt 01, 2006 1:23 pm

EDIT: Perez scores!
Get a Cock

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo okt 01, 2006 1:28 pm

At last we got those fuckers. Now that's gonna boost confidence a little, I hope cause we won without Huntelaar also.

Damn I cant stop thinkin we got to go for UEFA CUP glory
May the Force be with you

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo okt 01, 2006 1:39 pm

Ajax walks hand in hand with Barca (theyre without Etoo, we without KJH)

As they win, we win. :D

Finally those Utrecht shits can shut it, now roll on the next :yes:
Get a Cock

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo okt 01, 2006 3:40 pm

take that, bitches!!!

:cheer:
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

andy

Bericht door andy » zo okt 01, 2006 3:50 pm

YESSSS WE DID IT!!!!! WE BEAT UTRECHT AWAY!!!!! hahaha I'm so happy I want to cry. I'm a believer, we're gonna be champions!!!!

BPBlueSox
Contacteer:

Bericht door BPBlueSox » zo okt 01, 2006 3:51 pm

Top of the table thanks to other results!

Plaats reactie