Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

23 Aug 2006: Ajax - FC København

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr aug 04, 2006 6:19 pm

Crucial, this one.

Will we qualify for the Champions League or not? This is D-Day.

K.
Still alive...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » ma aug 21, 2006 11:14 pm

Anyone still nervous for this one? Everything seems to be sailing smoothly up to now. Hope the team doesn't underestimate this match as a result. FC K is still likely to put up a fight.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di aug 22, 2006 2:29 am

I don't believe the coaches will allow them to be mentally or physically unprepared . I think HtC took just the right tact in the wake of Sunday's match; if my translation was even close. If the players focus half as much as the coach, Ajax will be successful.

That said, Ajax would do well to pin back FCK early,a goal in the first 20 would be excellent, because I'm sure their experienced players will try to push that side to do the same to Ajax.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » di aug 22, 2006 3:52 am

Grønkjær is extremely doubtful for this game. He injured his groin in the first game and aggrevated the injury in a league game this weekend. He did not practice with the rest of the squad in the final practice in Copenhagen.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » di aug 22, 2006 4:18 am

Do you think that Jesper's absence is a good thing or a bad thing for FC K? I mean, who is the most likely replacement? Grønkjær is a quick player and always escapes his defender once or twice in a game. But as a teamplayer he is not a huge asset. Is it possible that without Grønkjær their team somehow comes out stronger in the end?

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » di aug 22, 2006 4:20 am

I seriously doubt it. From what I heard, Grønkjær was a menace during the first game. If not with his footballing skills, than he was with his attitude and annoying behavior.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 22, 2006 9:43 am

FCK require a win by two goals. Normally Ajax shouldn't (and won't) let that happen.

But I don't think it'll be easy. FCK will probably go for an early goal. If they get one, Ajax might panic. Our new team is still a little bit shaky (remember FCK away).

It nearly went wrong against Brøndby last year: 2-2 away seemed a good result, but they absolutely tortured us in the first half at the ArenA - and took a 0-1 lead. With that score, Ajax were eliminated and they were extremely fortunate that it was 'only' 0-1 at half-time.

Ajax then played a very good second half, but my point is: it is not that hard to get into trouble tomorrow evening. It would be best if they regarded this game as a must-win, rather than as a game they are allowed to lose by one goal.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di aug 22, 2006 11:28 am

FCK proll would mark Huntelaar better following his 2 goals against them, and watch RKC match on how they handled him, but improve.

Defense should definatley be more awake, they weren't really tested against RKC and against FCK last time even likes of Stam were just standing around.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 22, 2006 12:30 pm

Steks; Heitinga, Stam, Vermaelen, The Urb; Gabri, Wezz, Maduro; Rosales, KJH, Babel.

That's it.

The interesting thing about Ajax's midfield at the moment is that none of the midfielders have a fixed position. Sneijder is not a 'number 10' in the classic sense, but a more withdrawn (you might say 'defensive') midfielder. But Gabri takes over from him all the time, so that Sneijder can move forward or to the left. Maduro, meanwhile, pops up everywhere, too.

The three midfielders, in practice, are right, centre and left at the same time. All three of them. Interesting, but it seems to work, especially as Gabri is one of those 'box-to-box' players. He is everywhere and tackles for every ball. That guy can become a tremendously important player for Ajax.

Two particularly unhappy players at the moment are Perez (benched; currently behind Babel) and Rosenberg (on the stands; not even in the squad - although I think he will return to the bench, instead of De Mul, for Wednesday).

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » di aug 22, 2006 1:53 pm

The rotating 3-man midfield is the new trend in Euro football, Ko. Liverpool started it and now everyone is taking over.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di aug 22, 2006 2:07 pm

Liverpool don't even use 3 midfielders do they? I thought they use 4-4-2
Get a Cock

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di aug 22, 2006 3:53 pm

Steef schreef:The rotating 3-man midfield is the new trend in Euro football, Ko. Liverpool started it and now everyone is taking over.
Steef! What happened to Feijenoord?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » di aug 22, 2006 5:29 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Liverpool don't even use 3 midfielders do they? I thought they use 4-4-2
I think that's only true if you cound Luis Garcia as the fourth midfielder. But I could be wrong.

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » di aug 22, 2006 6:20 pm

Dubbel schreef:Do you think that Jesper's absence is a good thing or a bad thing for FC K? I mean, who is the most likely replacement? Grønkjær is a quick player and always escapes his defender once or twice in a game. But as a teamplayer he is not a huge asset. Is it possible that without Grønkjær their team somehow comes out stronger in the end?
No, not at all. grønkjær has given the team a big boost of confidence as a "go-to-guy". If no one else is open, Linderoth usually goes for a pass to Grønkjær. Grønkjær is the star signing of FCK this season, and Im sure the other players will be effected, if there "star", who was gonna help them get in the game, isn't on the pitch.

The other aspect is that Grønkjær's replacement, most likely Pimpong is much more dubious in his performance. He generally plays well for Ghana, having made it into the starting line-up during the WC, but he struggles to bring his good performance there on to the club level. Bergvold, another possibility, is a young development player, playing national U/21 at the moment. I can't see him causing Ajax much trouble. He's got a descent level for the Danish league, but I hardly see him making an impact in a CL-qualifier.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » di aug 22, 2006 6:38 pm

You know how they play the game. Saying their topplayer is doubtful and all of a sudden... ;)
Gronkjear is part of the selection that travels to Amsterdam.
So, maybe a little mindgaming going on?

Feest

Bericht door Feest » wo aug 23, 2006 1:37 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Liverpool don't even use 3 midfielders do they? I thought they use 4-4-2

Gerrard - Xabi - Sissokko.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo aug 23, 2006 2:26 am

I also read that Gronkjaer is doubtful, but Marcus Allback is back after a slight injury.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » wo aug 23, 2006 3:32 am

Steef schreef:

Gerrard - Xabi - Sissokko.
So where does Luis Garcia fit in? On the left, with Pennant on the right?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo aug 23, 2006 7:03 am

According to the latest reports Grønkjær is still doubtful for tonight...

He's the only one. Markus Allbäck is fit and will definitely play.

K.
Still alive...

ax

Bericht door ax » wo aug 23, 2006 10:40 am

Kowalczyk schreef: The interesting thing about Ajax's midfield at the moment is that none of the midfielders have a fixed position. Sneijder is not a 'number 10' in the classic sense, but a more withdrawn (you might say 'defensive') midfielder. But Gabri takes over from him all the time, so that Sneijder can move forward or to the left. Maduro, meanwhile, pops up everywhere, too.

The three midfielders, in practice, are right, centre and left at the same time. All three of them. Interesting, but it seems to work,
Agreed. It reminds me of how Barça plays with three across the front, with any of them likely to appear in any of the three positions at any time. They confuse the hell out of any defence like that, just as the Ajax midfield confused the hell out of RKC on Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing how that develops.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo aug 23, 2006 8:52 pm

Game on. Kopenhagen scored the first one. I hope this just acts as a wake up call for us.

dws

Bericht door dws » wo aug 23, 2006 9:04 pm

Amol schreef:Game on. Kopenhagen scored the first one. I hope this just acts as a wake up call for us.
Oh Fuck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0:2 X'C

De Kuyper

Bericht door De Kuyper » wo aug 23, 2006 9:06 pm

X'C

De Kuyper

Bericht door De Kuyper » wo aug 23, 2006 9:06 pm

X'C

dws

Bericht door dws » wo aug 23, 2006 9:08 pm

Huntelaar hits the bar :noooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Plaats reactie