23 Aug 2006: Ajax - FC København

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo aug 23, 2006 10:17 pm

kraz11 schreef:ive seen urby in enough games to say that hes not a good enough player
especially as a defender couse hes not responsible enough and in attack he wastes a lot of balls by kicking them to the crowd or losing in dribel
he doesnt belong in ajax and i thought that way for a long time
but i wanted him to prove me wrong
but today you saw what he proved...

repeating it doesn't make it any more true ;)
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo aug 23, 2006 10:28 pm

i still find myself wondering why gabri was taken out, he was the best player on the pitch tonight
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

BPBlueSox
Contacteer:

Bericht door BPBlueSox » wo aug 23, 2006 10:47 pm

Goddammit.

cdnajaxfan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » wo aug 23, 2006 11:06 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

So, Martin Jol, you want Vermaelen, eh?!

He's yours! He just cost us a minimum of $20 million and possible glory!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo aug 23, 2006 11:57 pm

What the f*ck?!? :sad:

I get out of bed, turn on the PC, go to Ajax USA and whats this???
"Unbelievable... Ajax fail to qualify for Champions League: 0-2"

If this was April 1st, I would have thought it a joke.

What gets me concerned here is what this will do for the teams confidence... :nooo:

bryan

Bericht door bryan » do aug 24, 2006 12:45 am

A good manager can use this result to rally the team and have them make mince meat out of the Dutch league. I have faith that Ten Cate will do just that.

Let's be honest, this should have been AZ - Copenhagen tonight. Perhaps some kind of justice has been done by the football gods...

Next year we will qualify directly as champions. The only thing I'm worried about is the financial situation. Huntelaar will probably have to be sold at the end of the season to balance the books, now that there will be no CL money coming in.

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » do aug 24, 2006 2:40 am

bryan schreef:The only thing I'm worried about is the financial situation.
I totally agree with this. I'm less concerned about the confidence of the team in the upcoming months, and more concerned with the lack of CL revenue, who the club may have to sell now, and other players not wanting to come to Ajax because it's no longer a CL club.

:nooo: :sad:
Portland Timbers FC - AFC Ajax - Southampton FC

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do aug 24, 2006 3:14 am

bryan schreef:The only thing I'm worried about is the financial situation. Huntelaar will probably have to be sold at the end of the season to balance the books, now that there will be no CL money coming in.
This is my greatest fear. I hope it doesn't come to this. I'd rather they sold two or three other players and kept Huntelaar another year.

Let's think positive thoughts. It's clear the team isn't as good as we had thought... yet. They certainly can become so. We'll see how they react to this challenge.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do aug 24, 2006 5:56 am

i've been thinking lately...the only positive i can come up with is that this might be a blessing in disguise, we certainly have the quality to make it far in the UEFA Cup, we should make it far, and i repeat SHOULD but like in 01 we might not.....i just hope i'm right, i hope we at least make it to the semifinal like AZ did a couple of yeasr back, or why not lets just win the damn thing....in the 90's Ajax won the Uefa cup first and then won champs league, maybe this is the case. Then again it could be like 2001 X'C.

i'm just trying too be positive, it my nature ;)

Peace.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do aug 24, 2006 6:00 am

bryan schreef:...Let's be honest, this should have been AZ - Copenhagen tonight. Perhaps some kind of justice has been done by the football gods...
Justice in football...LOL!

But you make a fair point. Here's hoping its all the way in the UEFA Cup.

I also think we should stop worrying when/if Huntelaar leaves, lets just enjoy what we have while we have it :yes:

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » do aug 24, 2006 8:11 am

Crap, shit, donkeyballs!!!!

Having said that - If we can't man-handle FCK at home then we certainly don't belong in the CL. This game was one of the most crucial games of the season. The fact that it is also one of the first games of the season, should never be an excuse, but damn.. The players looked like they were playing a friendly, not qualification for CL. Maybe this squad has too many young players who don't understand how important this game was. If we have to sell the Hunter or Wesley then maybe they will. CRAP X'C

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 24, 2006 8:24 am

Disappointment, disbelief and anger.

So that's how went the most important game of the season, the one we could not afford to lose.
The Arena looked half empty. Where were the fans ? Some of the players did not look like they had to fight for a CL spot.
We played like sh@t in the second half. It reminded me of the two ridiculous Amsterdam tournament games.
Defence, middlefield, and attack were terrible. Stam was terribly slow and had no leading impact on the team. Perez spent most of the time on the bench.
To sum this up, Copenhagen disserved the win even though we hit the post and the crossbar.
In one single evening, all the efforts to reach the CL (remember the play-offs ?) were ruined.
After this humiliating defeat, we suffer very serious financial loss, and will probably no be in the CL pot 2 again before a few years.

Is that the coach we needed so badly ?

Will Ajax survive to Jaake ?

Not so sure.
Appie, stay strong !

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » do aug 24, 2006 9:04 am

what the fuck has Jaakke to do with it?
Henk de Gier is geniaal en zijn tijd ver vooruit.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do aug 24, 2006 9:07 am

philippe schreef:Disappointment, disbelief and anger.
Is that the coach we needed so badly ?

Will Ajax survive to Jaake ?

Not so sure.
You're so predictable... :D
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 24, 2006 9:09 am

I wish I weren't :aai:
Henk de Gier schreef:what the fuck has Jaakke to do with it?
he is the f@cking Chairman in charge, isn't he ?
Appie, stay strong !

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do aug 24, 2006 10:07 am

Well guys, I guess this a good reality check as previous Ajax games, PSV were playing shit, RKC IS shit, and in Copenhagen we were very lucky. Ofcourse I'm dissapointed, but that's football and Ajax haven't clicked yet. UEFA cup can't be that bad, plus better chance to progress further.
Get a Cock

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » do aug 24, 2006 10:10 am

philippe schreef:
Henk de Gier schreef:what the fuck has Jaakke to do with it?
he is the f@cking Chairman in charge, isn't he ?
yeah, so what? Was he on the pitch last nitte
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

ozzerdibazio
Contacteer:

Bericht door ozzerdibazio » do aug 24, 2006 11:06 am

Phillipe you're full of shit

ozzerdibazio
Contacteer:

Bericht door ozzerdibazio » do aug 24, 2006 11:08 am

Joris Matthijsen would be a good buy, if the money is there. The defence doesnt really look that great on the pitch, or on paper.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 24, 2006 11:41 am

ozzerdibazio schreef:The defence doesnt really look that great on the pitch, or on paper.
no shit ? :drecul2:
Appie, stay strong !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 24, 2006 11:56 am

I am one of the few who does not think our squad is stronger and very sadly last night showed so. The defence is not good enough and we do not creat enough .

Slagging off players like Urby and Maduro is no help as they are still our future. I have always said that playing our kids in the Dutch team has not helped as they are still learning at club level.

This could be a blessing in disguise as being in the UEFA Cup means we are not in the limelight so much with our young players.8 of our starting line were 23 or under.

Even the big clubs will keep off KJH this season as he wll have to score goals in CL before they sign him so all talk of selling him and Babel etc should be forgotten. If we do not qualify for CL next season then we may have to sell Wesley and 1 or 2 others but we will cross that in another 12 months.

Main thing Ajax need to do this next week is to sell Grygera and Charistaeus. We cannot afford to keep letting players go on bosmans.If we had got money for De Jong, Maxwell, Trabelsi, Bouhkari , Galasek and Pienaar we would not be facing such a financial problem this season .

PS My very first thought on losing was that we have been knocked out of a competition that AZ should have been .
It does not feel any better losing though!!

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » do aug 24, 2006 12:14 pm

ozzerdibazio schreef:Joris Matthijsen would be a good buy, if the money is there.
Matthijsen is overrated and sold to HSV.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do aug 24, 2006 12:44 pm

A few points about last nights game:-

(1) The one person who must be really laughing right now is ............... Danny Blind
(2) How anybody on this board from the French speaking part of the world can criticise the fact that only 35,000 were there when he f*cking didn't bother to turn up is incredible.
(3) Urby is constantly being caught out, partially through his own inexperience and partly because there is hardly any f*cking cover down that side when ahe moves forward.
(4) Ogararu should be the first choice at right back and Heitinga either plays in the middle of the defence or he is one of the substitutes.
(5) Either we must decide we are going to pass to Babel or he must look to getting more involved in the game. Started off well again and then faded , especially so when he didn't receive a pass for about the first 20 minutes of the second half.
(6) Why the f*ck did we take our best player off in Gabri and why on earth did we leave Maduro on for so long.
(7) Why didn't we take a central defender off in the end instead of Rosales - its no good bringing on goalscorers when you take people off who supply the ammunition.
(8) What an incredible miss from KJH - he is human after all
(9) This isn't the first time we have struggled at this phase of the CL - remember Graz and Brondby
(10) I am totally pissed off
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 24, 2006 1:05 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef: (2) How anybody on this board from the French speaking part of the world can criticise the fact that only 35,000 were there when he f*cking didn't bother to turn up is incredible.
I can not afford more than my season card, and not so often hours on the Thalys. I would be glad to come over if I just had to take my bike or the metro. Even for a crap team like FC Copenhagen. BTW it seemed even less than 35,000 on television, the second ring looked mostly empty (except for the away section), and even the F Side stand looked half-empty.
If they don't sell enough tickets for a game like that, they should give them to schools, youth clubs, etc …
Laatst gewijzigd door Philippe op do aug 24, 2006 1:11 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Appie, stay strong !

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » do aug 24, 2006 1:11 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef: (6) Why the f*ck did we take our best player off in Gabri
he was injured
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Plaats reactie