Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

07 May 2006: Ajax - PSV

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 17, 2006 3:17 pm

The Gatorade Cup final!

A draw has determined that Ajax are officially the home team in this final, which means: home kits and the official bill is Ajax - PSV (instead of PSV - Ajax).

Both teams have been allocated 13,000 tickets for the final, with (reportedly) the option to order another 4,000, if demand requires it. PSV fans are famous for not travelling and their fans are always moaning about combi travel (even the perfectly understandable ones), so they will not sell all of their 13,000 tickets, I think.

As for Ajax's allocation: there are 6,400 train combi tickets and 6,600 bus combi tickets. The train combis went on sale first and they were gone in no time. I have no idea how many bus combis have been sold so far, but I think we'll sell 13,000 or more.

K.
Still alive...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » vr apr 28, 2006 6:59 pm

Does anyone know what Psv have been doing these past few weeks? Are they on a brief vacation to, for instance, Tahiti or are they still at home and practicing every day? It will be hard for them to recap their form in either case. Let's hope that Danny wins this duel between the two departing coaches.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za apr 29, 2006 2:38 am

I think theyre still training, but not heavy. Since staff and players want to also spend time with their families.
Get a Cock

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo mei 03, 2006 4:00 pm

We should win this trophy, I mean we drew 0-0 at home lost 1-0 away, although that penalty shouldnt have been counted for, but anyway thats football. We have a good record at the de Kuip and the have a bad one. So hopefully 3-1 Ajax........I make it sound so easy.....hehehehehe :smartass:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 03, 2006 4:30 pm

The key question is what will be more important: the fact that Ajax did not have a break and are getting tired, or the fact that PSV did have a break and will have trouble to get back 'into the groove'?

I think the fact that we kept playing is actually an advantage. You can see it every year in European competition. Teams from countries that have a January-January season (like Ukraine, for example) are usually in great form in UEFA competition at the start of the season, because they're in the middle of the season and in full flow. In the new year, however (after what is the 'winter break' to teams from 'August-May' countries) most of them get stuffed because the clubs from August-May countries are then in the middle of their season, whereas the 'January-January' clubs are in pre-season and not match-fit.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 03, 2006 5:00 pm

the key question can be motivation too
Appie, stay strong !

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » do mei 04, 2006 12:18 am

Too many Ajacieden will be on 7 mei for the game...our suportter should help us ,to at least ,win this cup :headbang: :headbang:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do mei 04, 2006 5:06 pm

Is there any point in discussing this game ?
If we lose, it will be the final reason to sack Blind, but it will not happen. And if we win, some will claim that the cup is a worthless trophy and our play was crap and we did not deserve to win.
:baaa:
I can read it in my teletext crystal ball.:wizard_d:

Never mind, see you Sunday evening on Leidseplein though. :party:
Appie, stay strong !

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do mei 04, 2006 10:19 pm

philippe schreef:And if we win, some will claim that the cup is a worthless trophy and our play was crap and we did not deserve to win.

Never mind, see you Sunday evening on Leidseplein though. :party:
You mean that these other people will apply the same reasoning to the Dutch Cup as you have in previous posts to the Italian Cup.

Won't see you on Sunday as I am going to the 1000 Guineas Race Meeting at Newmarket to try and win enough money to pay for next season's season card. But have a nice time
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr mei 05, 2006 1:03 pm

philippe schreef:Is there any point in discussing this game ?
If we lose, it will be the final reason to sack Blind, but it will not happen. And if we win, some will claim that the cup is a worthless trophy and our play was crap and we did not deserve to win.
:baaa:
Of course we can discuss it, I and every other member on this board care passionately about Ajax. Do you think that we dont care about Ajax because we have been critical - the reason we are critical is because we care so much about AFCA and have had to watch a very bloody hard season with awful football, no passion, pitiful defeats. The difference being that the majority are more realistic than you and if things are not good will say so. If the team play well, I will praise them but unfortunately this season that has been on very few occassions. You cannot go around handing out praise when it is not deserved, no matter how much of a supporter you are.

If Ajax win the cup on Sunday, I will be cheering along with every other supporter.

BTW what is happening in Leidseplein on Sunday. I live 200m away from there and as far as I am aware there will be no celebrations there no matter what the result of the game is.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr mei 05, 2006 1:07 pm

is it Monday evening then ?
you are very lucky to live in that area anyway
Appie, stay strong !

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr mei 05, 2006 1:26 pm

philippe schreef:is it Monday evening then ?
you are very lucky to live in that area anyway
Philippe, from what I gather nothng has been planned at all but could be change of mind, you never know with the Amsterdam council.

Are you planning to go to game or watching in bar in Leidseplein. If you are watching there, then go to bar called Reiners as they have the best screen in town - a new 7ft lcd set which gives a magnificent picture.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za mei 06, 2006 1:49 am

jamcocteau schreef:Of course we can discuss it, I and every other member on this board care passionately about Ajax. Do you think that we dont care about Ajax because we have been critical - the reason we are critical is because we care so much about AFCA and have had to watch a very bloody hard season with awful football, no passion, pitiful defeats. The difference being that the majority are more realistic than you and if things are not good will say so. If the team play well, I will praise them but unfortunately this season that has been on very few occassions. You cannot go around handing out praise when it is not deserved, no matter how much of a supporter you are.

If Ajax win the cup on Sunday, I will be cheering along with every other supporter.
A-bloody-men man...nicely said

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » za mei 06, 2006 2:20 am

WE´RE COMING TO WIN THE CUP QUE SERA SERA
WE´RE COMING FROM AMSTERDAM QUE SERA SERA :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Let´s support our team

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » za mei 06, 2006 11:47 am

Just to let anybody who is in the area that when :D Ajax win te cup tomorrow then they will be appearing in theatre balcony at Leidseplein on Monday afternoon.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » za mei 06, 2006 3:19 pm

that's what I thought .... ;)
Appie, stay strong !

ofey
Contacteer:

The London crowd... .

Bericht door ofey » zo mei 07, 2006 3:26 pm

For all those who like me couldn't fork out the €350 round trip to the final, I'll be at DeHem's in Soho later for the game... .

No need to guess who I am cos I'll be sticking out like a sore thumb, an asian chinese in an Ajax jersey from the centenary year... . Do be friendly... .
AJACIED

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo mei 07, 2006 6:09 pm

1-0 Ajax, yes you guessed it..its the Hunter!!!! :eusa_dance:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » zo mei 07, 2006 6:11 pm

1-0 is nice, 3-0 will be better :xyxthumbs:
Appie, stay strong !

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo mei 07, 2006 6:12 pm

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 1-0 Huntelaar, I only wish I could watch it instead of just having radio...... :headbang:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » zo mei 07, 2006 6:13 pm

YES!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo mei 07, 2006 6:14 pm

F@ck, 1-1 PSV, Lamey
Laatst gewijzigd door SE6Ajacied op zo mei 07, 2006 6:17 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo mei 07, 2006 6:15 pm

Lamey 1-1 o dear

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » zo mei 07, 2006 6:17 pm

Too fast, fuck!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo mei 07, 2006 6:20 pm

SwedishFan schreef:Too fast, fuck!
What is, PSV's goal or my posting ;) :D

Plaats reactie