07 May 2006: Ajax - PSV

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di mei 09, 2006 5:09 am

Thanks Arthur for the magnificent photo.My new desktop photo.

Just want to say THANK YOU for a season's worth of great posts to all who post in on Ajax Talk.The level of play may have been more up and down than the stock market, but the passion, humour, and friendship never flagged.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di mei 09, 2006 7:50 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
I wouldn't have gone to the celebrations anyway, for two reasons: firstly, I don't think the Gatorade Cup is worth it (didn't save the season for me; we didn't celebrate the 1999 cup for the same reason - and I feel we should have done the same thing this time). Secondly, I am 100% convinced that it will get out of hand, as certain supporters groups have announced that they will demand 'open-ness' from the board. Which they're not going to get. I think it's going to be a big 'anti-board' thing and that approach is way too simplistic, if you ask me. Also, I think it will end in aggression.
K.
You got that right.........
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di mei 09, 2006 8:40 am

Manneken Pis schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:
I wouldn't have gone to the celebrations anyway, for two reasons: firstly, I don't think the Gatorade Cup is worth it (didn't save the season for me; we didn't celebrate the 1999 cup for the same reason - and I feel we should have done the same thing this time). Secondly, I am 100% convinced that it will get out of hand, as certain supporters groups have announced that they will demand 'open-ness' from the board. Which they're not going to get. I think it's going to be a big 'anti-board' thing and that approach is way too simplistic, if you ask me. Also, I think it will end in aggression.
K.
You got that right.........
What happened?
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 09, 2006 9:09 am

Manneken Pis schreef:What happened?
The celebration itself was great. The police were a little anxious because there was a pretty large group of Middlesbrough fans on the square (they're in Holland for the UEFA Cup final), but the atmosphere was great. Nice party. The Boro fans didn't cause trouble and joined the celebrations.

As usual, it went off after the celebrations, when the players had left and the police ordered to leave the square. Ajax fans started chanting anti-board things and did not leave the square. The police moved forward and as you know, that's the moment the hooligans are waiting for ("provocations from the police!" etc.)

I also heard a story (but I did not see anything myself) about a large gang of Moroccan youth, who came to Leidseplein chanting "Feyenoord, Feyenoord". Most of the fights were Ajax fans vs Moroccans, reportedly. Sounds racist, but I know that this happens: groups of Moroccans showing up at large-scale open air events, only to f*ck things up. I don't know, but it's possible.

Unfortunately, according to reports, two people were stabbed and a few dozen arrested.

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di mei 09, 2006 9:24 am

Oh Joy
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di mei 09, 2006 11:43 am

ajaxperu schreef:...There is one other player I would like to mention, Boakye. He's shown lots of maturity despite his young age. He replaced a key player in our lineup in a very difficult moment for Ajax and he did a good job. It's nice to see he signed a contract today :xyxthumbs:
Yeah. He has shown he is capable. He could develop nicely over the next few years. He seems to be (most times) in the right place at the right time. Times his tackles nicely as well.

All bodes well for next season me thinks :xyxthumbs:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 09, 2006 12:11 pm

ajaxperu schreef:...There is one other player I would like to mention, Boakye. (...) It's nice to see he signed a contract today :xyxthumbs:
For the record: he signed his deal today, but the news that he's been offered a contract was quite old already. We had it on Ajax USA when it was officially announced by Ajax on 03 April:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/2005-2006/ ... squad.html

Ajax.nl published a report once again when Boakye finally had a minute to officially put his signature at the bottom of the contract. We won't.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 09, 2006 12:27 pm

By the way... The honorable referee, Mr Pieter Vink, did (apparently) not notice this:

Afbeelding

Which is a bit odd. He's pretty much in the front row, isn't he? The standard phrase: "Hey ref, you should keep your eyes open!" seems very appropriate here.

André Ooijer is the name of the perpetrator. Shame on him. But I must say: I can totally understand that the PSV defenders felt like strangling KJH... :D

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di mei 09, 2006 5:57 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:By the way... The honorable referee, Mr Pieter Vink, did (apparently) not notice this:

Afbeelding

Which is a bit odd. He's pretty much in the front row, isn't he? The standard phrase: "Hey ref, you should keep your eyes open!" seems very appropriate here.

André Ooijer is the name of the perpetrator. Shame on him. But I must say: I can totally understand that the PSV defenders felt like strangling KJH... :D

K.
Hmm, I wonder what Steef will say...KJH is such a dirty player after, never gets any provocation....
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Plaats reactie