08 Feb 2006: Ajax - Willem II

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Philippe
Contacteer:

08 Feb 2006: Ajax - Willem II

Bericht door Philippe » ma feb 06, 2006 9:14 am

Will be in the Arena for this one. Hope it won't be a terrible atmosphere given the circumstances (the worst season since 64/65 : Ajax, dat inmiddels al zeventien punten minder heeft dan Feyenoord, is bezig met bijna het slechtste seizoen sinds de invoering van het betaalde voetbal. Veel scheelt het niet meer, maar alleen in het seizoen 1964/65 presteerden de Amsterdammers nog) .
Should be freezing though.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 06, 2006 9:39 am

By coincidence Ajax will play the bottom three teams in a row now: Willem II (17th), ADO Den Haag (16th) and RBC Roosendaal (18th). It is obvious that nine points are required.

My prediction: we will beat Willem II rather easily, but drop points in The Hague -- and that will be the end of Blind. I think everybody at the club will admit that it's pretty useless to fire another coach, but at some point something must happen, even if it's a panic move.

Less than nine points from the next three games, and he's gone.

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma feb 06, 2006 11:42 am

Kowalczyk schreef:...My prediction: we will beat Willem II rather easily, but drop points in The Hague -- and that will be the end of Blind. I think everybody at the club will admit that it's pretty useless to fire another coach, but at some point something must happen, even if it's a panic move.

Less than nine points from the next three games, and he's gone.

K.
Its a tough call to make, but at some point you don't have a choice. Something has gotta give and its easier to take away the coach, rather than take away the players (although the board is going a fairly good job with the last one).

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di feb 07, 2006 9:31 am

DanK schreef: the players (although the board is going a fairly good job with the last one).
I wonder what it would be like if were not so good ?
Scary. :scared:
Appie, stay strong !

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di feb 07, 2006 4:36 pm

We cant fuck up this one can we, i mean its willem..... Right :blush:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 07, 2006 4:45 pm

Stekelenburg; Grygera, Maduro, Vermaelen, The Urb; Galásek, Sarpong, Lindenbergh; Rosales, Huntelaar, Rosenberg.

So yeah, we can sure as hell f*ck this one up.

K.
Still alive...

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di feb 07, 2006 4:48 pm

Where did you hear that that's the lineup?

Grygera at right back still... Didn't Blind learn in Management 101 that you have to play your best players in their best posittions?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 07, 2006 4:57 pm

bryan schreef:Where did you hear that that's the lineup?
Oh, sorry, mate; it's just what I think it will be. Maybe he'll bring back Heitinga, though. Instead of Vermaelen or whatever. Would be another panic move. I don't think he'll touch the forward line, though. Huntelaar and Rosenberg are scoring and Rosales is on his way back (although he had a complete stinker at Feyenoord).

If he changes anything he will probably do something 'cheap' and drop Vermaelen or Galásek. They are the easy targets now, after the Classic.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di feb 07, 2006 5:01 pm

What about Trabelsi : not back yet ?
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 07, 2006 5:05 pm

Not that I know... I know Tunisia are out of the African Nations Cup, but no report on Ajax.nl yet on Trabelsi's return...

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di feb 07, 2006 5:55 pm

That strange, your confirming that Galasek can be dropped but isnt he the captain and Grygera vice captain, or is it the other way round.
Here is my ideal line up for vs Willem II. Stekelenburg, Heitinga, Grygera, Maduro, Emanuelson, Babel, Sarpong, Lindenburgh, JuanFran, Huntelaar, Rosenburg.
You noticed that Im going for 4-4-2, we seem to be grinding results with that formation. The depressing thing being an Ajax fan is that the top three look far superior to Ajax, especially when I watched the 'classic'. Dirk Kuyt has so much fighting spirit, and thats worrying because he is increasingly looking like a winner X'C

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo feb 08, 2006 10:41 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Not that I know... I know Tunisia are out of the African Nations Cup, but no report on Ajax.nl yet on Trabelsi's return...

K.
I Believe he'll be back on the weekend.
Get a Cock

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » wo feb 08, 2006 7:46 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Stekelenburg; Grygera, Maduro, Vermaelen, The Urb; Galásek, Sarpong, Lindenbergh; Rosales, Huntelaar, Rosenberg.

K.
You seem to be a man to put trust in, the forecast of the lineup was perfectly correct! :xyxthumbs:

If it is the best lineup could be discussed though...

AFC Ajax: Maarten Stekelenburg; Zdenek Grygera, Hedwiges Maduro, Thomas Vermaelen, Urby Emanuelson; Tomás Galásek ©, Jeffrey Sarpong, Olaf Lindenbergh; Mauro Rosales, Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Markus Rosenberg.

source: Ajax.nl

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » wo feb 08, 2006 9:35 pm

Silent in here! 1-0 Rosenberg! :aai:

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » wo feb 08, 2006 9:43 pm

SwedishFan schreef:Silent in here! 1-0 Rosenberg! :aai:
Rosenberg!!! Scorer in the five latest games, 8 goals in 10 latest games, 10 goals in total despite his first bad period of getting used to the Ajax way of playing. :xyxthumbs:
I did not believe in him from the start, now he has indeed shown his potential. I regret my harsh words earlier and say Go Markus!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo feb 08, 2006 9:52 pm

kaiser schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:Stekelenburg; Grygera, Maduro, Vermaelen, The Urb; Galásek, Sarpong, Lindenbergh; Rosales, Huntelaar, Rosenberg.

K.
You seem to be a man to put trust in, the forecast of the lineup was perfectly correct! :xyxthumbs:
Ko ?? HAHA, that guy doesn't know shit about footie.... Oh wait...
meh :|

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » wo feb 08, 2006 10:28 pm

Victory!!!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo feb 08, 2006 10:34 pm

Rosenberg. Who is this guy? Is this the fellow that everyone was calling crap when he didn't score a hat trick in his first game?

He does suck, doesn't he?

I hope Huntelaar turns out to be as much of a bust as Rosenberg.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo feb 08, 2006 11:05 pm

Nothing spectacular but three points in the end, interesting to see Sarpong in the starting eleven any comments on his play ????? What hapened to Sneijder ???.

I`ll join the Bandwagon Go Markus!!!!!
BRING IT ON !!!!...

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo feb 08, 2006 11:52 pm

Just in from the game. Couple of comments - awful first half. Should have been 1 down after terrible mistake by Steklly. Second half Galasek replaced by Heitinga and Lindenburgh made captain. Lindenburgh had a good 2nd half, all over pitch, shouting at players, telling them to press forward, encouraging players - was pleasantly surprised to see somebody do this. Maybe worth letting him carry on as captain as Galasek, although a good player, is far too quiet to be captain.

And great goal, just seen it again on tv. Great cross by Emanuellson and wonderful header by Rosenberg. Really good goal. After goal Ajax had quite a few chances but failed to score. 12 shots on target during the game.

Overall not a spectacular performance but 3 points at the end of the day
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

dws

Bericht door dws » do feb 09, 2006 12:05 am

Markus :worshippy:

Great goal :xyxthumbs:

Still worried about lack of chances being created.

Overall, good two days for Ajax ....... Other than Heerenveen, all our rivals for a top five spot were defeated. :eusa_dance:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do feb 09, 2006 1:13 am

Having struggled to beat a very poor team our next opponents Den Haag have lost 3-0 at home to NAC .Even on current form we should in theory beat them but do any of you have confidence ?.

I really hope we win these next 4 games against the bottom sides but part of me thinks it would take one defeat in these games to put all of us out of misery and see the end of Blind.

PS Some one asked where Sneijder was , he is injured with a hamstring.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do feb 09, 2006 1:49 am

Ko, I know we didn't even get to see the game in a bar but I'm blaming you for the fact that I just got home, went abot 10 miles past my train staion and spent £18.00 in a cab to get home.

A good drink but all your fault :nooo: :xyxthumbs:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » do feb 09, 2006 10:21 am

I hope Markus Rosenburg is very high on Danny Blind's Christmas card list.

I was wondering who the scum who sit behind me were going to get at, now they no longer have Boukhari to abuse. Well the answer is Jeffrey Sarpong. They decided after about twenty seconds of this game that he is "drie keer nicks" and started to abuse him for the rest of the game. They also amused themselves by inventing new names for him - "PingPong" and "Saporo" etc etc.

They also had time left over to abuse the "stomme kutBelg" Vermaelen, and the "Lama-neuker" Rosales.

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » do feb 09, 2006 10:29 am

The Purple Cow schreef:
I was wondering who the scum who sit behind me were going to get at, now they no longer have Boukhari to abuse. Well the answer is Jeffrey Sarpong. They decided after about twenty seconds of this game that he is "drie keer nicks" and started to abuse him for the rest of the game. They also amused themselves by inventing new names for him - "PingPong" and "Saporo" etc etc.

They also had time left over to abuse the "stomme kutBelg" Vermaelen, and the "Lama-neuker" Rosales.
So sad to here, these people are not real fans, they are just creeps giving us with passion a bad reputation. Yelling about a bad performance is one thing, I dislike it, it is destructive, but we have to live with it. But this is just unaccaptable! :nooo:

Plaats reactie