Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

30 Dec 2005: SC Heerenveen - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 19, 2005 1:27 pm

... and the last one of 2005!

Will it be Klaas-Jan Huntelaar's last game for Heerenveen...? Will he even play now that he has reportedly reached an agreement with Ajax...?

Interesting.

K.
Still alive...

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » za dec 24, 2005 8:48 pm

:headbang:
Hi,
9 million euro seems a little steep for a striker unproven outside of the Eredivisie! I know that Ajax are now on a sound financial footing, but unless they ofload someone, the coffers will start to dwindle! Surely a midfield "general" could be enticed in on a loan basis, especially as that's where the need is. If working on a 4-4-2 formation, only two strikers are needed, whereas with a 4-3-3 formation, a midfield "general" would be able to serve the three strikers.
If the deal for Huntelaar is done, as you say it is, could he be used properly with the existing creativity in midlield? Should "we", (that's a first!!) be looking out for a midfielder for future signing?
:xyxthumbs:
34 will always be with us

dws

Bericht door dws » zo dec 25, 2005 12:07 am

9 million euro seems a little steep for a striker unproven outside of the Eredivisie!
Ruud van Nistelrooij and Roy Maakay were relatively unproven outside of Eredivisie. RvN was relatively more experienced than Huntelaar given that he had played for Oranje and played two seasons of Champions league.
Maakay was even less experienced than Huntelaar when he moved to Spain.

All three players have similar attributes:

----- pace -----
----- movement ----
----- killer instinct ----

We shouldn't overlook the fact that he will play the vast majority of his football in Eredivise ....... he is very much a proven talent in that arena.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo dec 25, 2005 12:19 am

dws schreef:
9 million euro seems a little steep for a striker unproven outside of the Eredivisie!
We shouldn't overlook the fact that he will play the vast majority of his football in Eredivise ....... he is very much a proven talent in that arena.
:headbang: Let's hope that he can come up with the goods, if he's given the service! One slight worry; why was he allowed to leave PSV? They must have seen his potential at youth level! It's up to Blind to get the best out of him, and that means finding a midfielder on the same wavelength.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » zo dec 25, 2005 12:38 am

Don't expect any more KJH news till after Christmas because(according to usually welinformed newspaper Telegraaf) the final transfer details won't be drawn up before then. His presentation at Ajax will be on the 8th of January.

My guess is that he will play against Ajax on the 30th. He's the kind of guy that would feel obliged to the Heerenveen fans. Just hope he doesn't get injured..

dws

Bericht door dws » zo dec 25, 2005 1:07 am

One slight worry; why was he allowed to leave PSV?
I think they were concerned at his lack of physical maturity ... not seen as being robust enough to play as a striker. He has since bulked up somewhat; P$v's loss Ajax's gain. :D :headbang:

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » zo dec 25, 2005 1:57 am

What I recall is that KJH wanted to leave Psv and not the other way around. He had a better(at the time) 9 in front of him, Kezman. And he was tired of being loaned out to inferior teams. To judge if it's Psv's loss you would have to compare him to their current strikers like Kone and Vennegoor. I say that KJH is much better but we'll have to wait, hope and see. :eusa_pray:

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo dec 25, 2005 3:56 am

Let's not judge Huntelaar himself, one main reason he did so well in Heerenveen was because they gave him good support. Yildirim's perfect pin point passes, and from his other team mates proves the point. Huntelaar is fantastic I accept that, but in order to get his magic to work, the Ajax players need to do their part of the deal.
Get a Cock

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo dec 25, 2005 10:33 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef: Huntelaar is fantastic I accept that, but in order to get his magic to work, the Ajax players need to do their part of the deal.

Thanks. At least one person agrees that the work of the other players is needed to make Huntelaar's ability shine.
Good luck to him, apart from on December 30, when I hope that he manages to "ghost" out of the game. What a day to be an Ajax defender! If he gets the ball, what do they do? Tackle and risk injuing him, or what?

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo dec 25, 2005 12:33 pm

SaddlerIan schreef:What a day to be an Ajax defender! If he gets the ball, what do they do? Tackle and risk injuing him, or what?
Yeah... And, even more interesting, what does he do when he gets a chance? Will he score, thereby possibly stopping the advance on the table of the team he will be part of 28 hours later...?

And what if he misses an enormous chance? Wasting a chance is something that can happen. Perfectly human. But what will their fans and his team-mates think if he misses a huge one?

It will be one strange game.

K.
Still alive...

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo dec 25, 2005 1:53 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Yeah... And, even more interesting, what does he do when he gets a chance? Will he score, thereby possibly stopping the advance on the table of the team he will be part of 28 hours later...?

And what if he misses an enormous chance? Wasting a chance is something that can happen. Perfectly human. But what will their fans and his team-mates think if he misses a huge one?

It will be one strange game.

K.
If I was him, I'd stuff myself with Christmas Pud and claim "food poisoning" to get out of the game! Poor chap's got to upset someone!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo dec 25, 2005 4:21 pm

Huntelaar is a nice chap I'm sure he'll do it for the team, hes not going to leave for Amsterdam just to leave his shit behind in Heerenveen.
Get a Cock

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo dec 25, 2005 4:34 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Huntelaar is a nice chap I'm sure he'll do it for the team.
Well let's hope he has a good game, without scoring. Best of Luck Mr H.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » ma dec 26, 2005 1:24 am

I expect him to score 1-0 just before halftime, get substituted at half-time with a bit of this and that, after which Ajax takes the game 1-4 in the 2nd half. Everyone happy.
It's Christmas, isn't it? ;)

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di dec 27, 2005 7:42 pm

this one too French TV channel Sport + :bis:
two Ajax Duth league games on frog tv in the same week : never happened before :xyxthumbs:
Laatst gewijzigd door Philippe op wo dec 28, 2005 9:05 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Appie, stay strong !

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » di dec 27, 2005 7:56 pm

:bis: :bis:
Dubbel schreef:I expect him to score 1-0 just before halftime, get substituted at half-time with a bit of this and that, after which Ajax takes the game 1-4 in the 2nd half. Everyone happy.
It's Christmas, isn't it? ;)
Let's hope he's got Christmas out of his system! Klaas Jan Huntelaar has gone and scored two today! Let's hope that there's no goals on Friday!!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo dec 28, 2005 3:43 pm

I find this 4-4-2 depressing. When will Mitea be back in action ?
Appie, stay strong !

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo dec 28, 2005 4:51 pm

And I think it's you who are depressing... you're always whining ! ;)
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo dec 28, 2005 6:29 pm

4-4-2 or 4-3-3? I really care more about numbers like 3. Points that is.Just win baby! Sure I'd love to see a flowing 4-3-3. Fact is, Ajax haven't the squad to effectively play that formation. Hopefully, they will find at least one excellent wing player. At the very least because opponents will then have something else to worry about.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo dec 28, 2005 6:32 pm

Oops, forgot this was the MOTD thread and not a discussion of formation. I'm hoping for 1:2 or 2:3. The Hunter plays and scores one, but Ajax work just a bit harder and grab the result.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo dec 28, 2005 6:57 pm

philippe schreef:I find this 4-4-2 depressing. When will Mitea be back in action ?
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I'm afraid we'll have to stick with 4-4-2 until Nicolae Mitea is back. He'll be out for at least six, possibly nine months, following his op in August!

Blind'll have to find someone if he wants to change formation. He'll have enough on his plate trying to satisfy three strikers!
:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo dec 28, 2005 8:05 pm

SaddlerIan said:
I'm afraid we'll have to stick with 4-4-2 until Nicolae Mitea is back. He'll be out for at least six, possibly nine months, following his op in August!

We have John Goosens and Derk Boerrigter waiting in the wings, for the left flank, ok Goosens is still to young at 17 but Boerrigter should be given a chance.

SaddlerIan said:
Blind'll have to find someone if he wants to change formation. He'll have enough on his plate trying to satisfy three strikers!

You mean 4 strikers if you include Ryan Babel, or be it 5 if you include Anastasiou

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo dec 28, 2005 8:15 pm

SaddlerIan said:
You mean 4 strikers if you include Ryan Babel, or be it 5 if you include Anastasiou
:headbang: :headbang:
Sorry; Babel isn't up to scratch - too immature in approach and attitude, and Anastasiou is completely f*cked!
Three strikers! Forget the crap!

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » wo dec 28, 2005 8:53 pm

SaddlerIan schreef:SaddlerIan said:
:headbang: :headbang:
Sorry; Babel isn't up to scratch - too immature in approach and attitude, and Anastasiou is completely f*cked!
Three strikers! Forget the crap!
I agree, Babel is not mature, Yannis is not good enough. Please let us keep 4-4-2 now when we have found a way to win and with Rosenberg and Charisteas scoring. Other formations can not be the case for the moment.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo dec 28, 2005 9:09 pm

[quote]I agree, Babel is not mature, Yannis is not good enough. Please let us keep 4-4-2 now when we have found a way to win and with Rosenberg and Charisteas scoring. Other formations can not be the case for the moment.[quote]

Let's keep the three strikers "working" for their shirts! Rosie, Chari and "The Hunter" will all have to compete; if they work and score, they keep the shirt. It's a little unfortunate for Huntelaar as he'll have a 9 Million Euro tag on his head!

Plaats reactie