Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

27 Dec 2005: Ajax - FC Groningen

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo dec 18, 2005 11:38 pm

So, here's the agenda...

First a couple of cup games (Helmond Sport vs Young Ajax on Tuesday and Eindhoven vs Ajax on Thursday), then a nice little Christmas break for everyone and then (for the first time in the history of Dutch football) Eredivisie footie between Christmas and New Year! There's a number of games on Boxing Day (26 December; including Feyenoord vs AZ), followed by a few more on the 27th, including Ajax vs Groningen.

We must win this one. Feyenoord play AZ and PSV travel to NEC. Which means that, if we beat Groningen, we will close in on at least one of the three teams above us. Again. The year 2005 is not over just yet. We can do good business before 2006! Keep it up, Ajax!

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma dec 19, 2005 5:33 am

We really have not been getting into trouble with this team as of late, so i think(hope) we can keep on rolling :xyxthumbs: .
BRING IT ON !!!!...

dws

Bericht door dws » ma dec 19, 2005 10:28 am

Great to see Groningen back near the top of Eredivise; hope they continue to develop to the level they were at during the mid 80's early 90's. However, here's to Ajax putting a temporary halt to their progress.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 19, 2005 10:33 am

dws schreef:Great to see Groningen back near the top of Eredivise.
Absolutely right. It would be fantastic for them if they could qualify for Europe. I'll be rooting for them. Around 1990 Groningen were what AZ are today: in one season they competed for the title until the last week.

Then they had a very, very bad financial crisis. The club almost went tits up and the end of the story was relegation, I believe in 1998 or so. They returned two years later, have slowly been building ever since and you can - roughly - say that they slightly improved every year.

They should be able to make the next step at their new wonderful ground (beautiful 20,000 seater; last league game at the old Oosterpark was yesterday) and compete for the tickets to Europe.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma dec 19, 2005 10:40 am

The only Dutch club I want to get back to a golden era are the Go Ahead Eagles. I love Overmars, and De Adelaarshorst is a cute little stadium with nice people. They deserve to get back.

Anyways lets hope Ajax get a nice xmas present, and rocket up the table! :xyxthumbs:
Get a Cock

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma dec 19, 2005 11:06 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:The only Dutch club I want to get back to a golden era are the Go Ahead Eagles. I love Overmars, and De Adelaarshorst is a cute little stadium with nice people. They deserve to get back.

Anyways lets hope Ajax get a nice xmas present, and rocket up the table! :xyxthumbs:
I just couldn't accept that name "Go Ahead Eagles". Would be nice to see Groningen come good again. Would also like to see Roda get their act back. I think it was the season Ajax kicked butt (94/95???) that they finished 2nd...would also make my Dad very happy :aai:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma dec 19, 2005 11:04 pm

By the way does anybody know how Rasmus Lindgren has been doing with the team?????, he was loaned out at season's start.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma dec 19, 2005 11:11 pm

Nevermind, google does wonder's here are his complete stats if anyone is interested:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/ga ... 08&cc=3888

1 goal in 15 games is kind of low :sad: still he has started in their last two games so i guess we will see how he has developed.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo dec 25, 2005 10:06 pm

Should be a more competitive match than in the last few seasons. Groningen ,with forward Glen Salmon in good form, are a good side. I too would like to see them make europe, but lose by at least 3:1 on Tuesday.Ajax best have their chinstraps buckled .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » ma dec 26, 2005 8:40 pm

More Lindgren data, on the VI website:

Lindgren

If you click on the result of a match you can see what grade he got for his performance on the day. Out of a possible 10. Btw, for the VI website you do need to register.

All in all, Fc Groningen seem to be picking up form lately. They haven't lost since november 6. And in their last two away games they got all their away points(4) so far this season. I predict a tight victory for Ajax. 1-0, 2-1 or so.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma dec 26, 2005 9:12 pm

It'll be on espn live :headbang: :eusa_dance: :xyxthumbs:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di dec 27, 2005 9:11 am

for all the fans living in frogland : live on sport + :bis:
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 27, 2005 12:15 pm

It's snowing in Amsterdam... Just a little bit too late for a White Christmas. The last time a sh*tload of snow fell out of the sky an Ajax home game had to be cancelled because of the quantities of snow and ice on the roof of the ArenA... :D

That won't happen this time. No worries. It's not enough snow for that.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di dec 27, 2005 1:37 pm

as we get the 3 points this evening, we will be 8 points "only" behind number 2
Appie, stay strong !

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di dec 27, 2005 2:36 pm

Philipe said:
It doesnt matter where we finish, aslong as we are in the top five then we would have to go through the play off inorder to secure qualification to the next round of the champions league i.e play a minnow team like we did last august with Brondby. As far as I am concerned PSV are going to win the championship...its ashame i wanted AZ to win it but I doubt it considering they lost 2-0 away to Feyenoord. Neither of these teams can stand in Ajax's way for the Champions league birht :eusa_dance:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di dec 27, 2005 2:52 pm

correct, I forgot about the play-offs : so where we will finish will not be where we will eventually finish :X
Appie, stay strong !

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di dec 27, 2005 7:06 pm

Ayman schreef:Philipe said:
It doesnt matter where we finish, aslong as we are in the top five then we would have to go through the play off inorder to secure qualification to the next round of the champions league i.e play a minnow team like we did last august with Brondby. As far as I am concerned PSV are going to win the championship...its ashame i wanted AZ to win it but I doubt it considering they lost 2-0 away to Feyenoord. Neither of these teams can stand in Ajax's way for the Champions league birht :eusa_dance:
It does have some importance in the end cause if we finish second we would play against the 5th team that means no AZ and no Feyenoord(they would have to eliminate between themselves) the second place team would face a team like Herenveen,RKC or Utrecht.Then face one of the two previously mentioned teams.Life would be a bit more easier if we finished second.
:xyxthumbs:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di dec 27, 2005 8:04 pm

I don't think we should fear any of those teams. The only team worth worrying about is PSV, and if they win the league, then we wouldn't have to worry about them.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di dec 27, 2005 8:04 pm

Game on !!!!!

Pd: De Jong in central defence :nooo:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di dec 27, 2005 8:10 pm

Rosenberg !!!!!! 1-0 6th minute.

Thats nunber five for him :headbang:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » di dec 27, 2005 8:22 pm

Do you know if the game is streamed online?

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » di dec 27, 2005 8:24 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Rosenberg !!!!!! 1-0 6th minute.

Thats nunber five for him :headbang:
Yes, and the 4th goal in 6 leauge games + a few assists! He is on track for sure! Keep it up, Markus!
:xyxthumbs:

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » di dec 27, 2005 8:25 pm

2-0 Charisteas, any stream channel?

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di dec 27, 2005 8:41 pm

Good start. FYI, The Hunter bagged two today.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di dec 27, 2005 8:51 pm

2-0 Ajax Halftime. One of the best 45 minutes of play i have seen from our play ;) ;) .Harry scores the second goal after a very good run from Rosales who is showing some nice chemistry with Trabelsi on the right.I've been very impresed with Vermealen in defence. Rosenberg should have scored(rather did score) his second but the goal was ofside(Not !!!!).
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Plaats reactie