Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

18 Dec 2005: NAC Breda - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 12, 2005 12:31 am

Another tough road game (one we have lost in recent seasons), but hey: it really seems like Ajax are getting back on track!

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op za dec 17, 2005 2:09 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

kaiser

Re: 18 Nov 2005: NAC Breda - Ajax

Bericht door kaiser » ma dec 12, 2005 10:31 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Another tough road game (one we have lost in recent seasons), but hey: it really seems like Ajax are getting back on track!

K.
Yes so it seems, and i sure look forward to seeing Rosenberg and Charestias in action again, side by side! They will both score!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma dec 12, 2005 10:40 pm

Lets hope so!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za dec 17, 2005 2:08 pm

This the expected Ajax line-up, according to Ajax Netwerk:

Stekelenburg; Trabelsi, Heitinga, Vermaelen, Juanfran; De Jong, Galásek, Sneijder, Boukhari; Rosenberg, Charisteas.

So, another 4-4-2 line-up, with De Jong instead of Pienaar, who is 'three times unavailable' (suspended due to accumulated yellow cards, injured and under investigation by the KNVB... :D ).

Maduro (ankle), Grygera (concussion), Emanuelson (overtired) are also unavailable, plus of course Escudé, Manucharyan, Maxwell and Mitea.

Today Danny Blind will decide whether 17 year old A-junior Jeffrey Sarpong will travel to Breda with the first team or not. The youngster trained with the squad this week, but is as yet unknown if he will be on the bench for Ajax-1.

Kick-off time in Breda tomorrow: 14.30 CET.

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » zo dec 18, 2005 3:37 pm

0-1 Rosenberg

Is this guy finally taking off here?

YEAH!!
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » zo dec 18, 2005 3:39 pm

Rosenberg has started to pay off!!! :xyxthumbs:

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » zo dec 18, 2005 3:44 pm

Per schreef:0-1 Rosenberg

Is this guy finally taking off here?

YEAH!!
Three recent goals by Rosenberg (in five games, but the fifth is not over yet)and two assists tells us that it might be so!!!

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo dec 18, 2005 4:27 pm

:bis: :bis: :bis:
Great Result! Up to 4th in the table. Is THIS the start of the run???

:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:
34 will always be with us

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo dec 18, 2005 4:46 pm

Great result. Love the clean sheets! Happy to see Wesley Sneijder score.He of the contract extension and not wanting to jump ship. It can't be coincidental that the sun finally shone thru clouds here just after the final whistle.A great day all around; an Ajax win and an F-word defeat. :xyxthumbs:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo dec 18, 2005 5:02 pm

Solid, rocksolid. Nothing sparkling. Ajax came, took 3 points and left.

__earth
Contacteer:

Bericht door __earth » zo dec 18, 2005 6:07 pm

SaddlerIan schreef::bis: :bis: :bis:
Great Result! Up to 4th in the table. Is THIS the start of the run???

:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:
now it starts to look like the old days, Ajax, PeeAssV and f-word at the top (let's overlook AZ at the moment)
but don't listen to me. I'm a pessimist.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo dec 18, 2005 6:44 pm

__earth schreef:
(let's overlook AZ at the moment)

overlook the leaders? :eusa_naughty:
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo dec 18, 2005 9:18 pm

This game was - in many ways - identical to the Vitesse game: Ajax were never great and they took the expression 'no frills' to the next level, but they were solid as rock, they looked mature and they were very effective indeed. NAC were dominant in the first half, but they hardly created anything.

This is not the football we want to play in the long run, but it is the perfect way to get things back on track, to repair some of the damage before the winter break and to increase the boys' confidence.

As for Rosenberg: good performance. The first goal made clear how fast this dude is, and his work for the second goal was terrific. He made the difference today -- no doubt about it. By the way: I thought Chari looked quite good as well today. Babel is f#cked at the moment, I'm afraid.

Next week (Boxing Day) is f-nerd vs AZ. If we beat Groningen and grab a result at Heerenveen, things will look reasonably okay at the end of the year. Much better than a few weeks ago anyway.

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » zo dec 18, 2005 10:00 pm

The full match of NAC v's Ajax for download at http://www.fbtz.com/forum/
requires bittorrent.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo dec 18, 2005 11:25 pm

dws schreef:The full match of NAC v's Ajax for download at http://www.fbtz.com/forum/
requires bittorrent.
That's great. Thanks for posting this!

Match report is now up on Ajax USA, by the way...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... s-0-2.html

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma dec 19, 2005 5:26 am

Kowalczyk schreef:This game was - in many ways - identical to the Vitesse game: Ajax were never great and they took the expression 'no frills' to the next level, but they were solid as rock, they looked mature and they were very effective indeed. NAC were dominant in the first half, but they hardly created anything.

This is not the football we want to play in the long run, but it is the perfect way to get things back on track, to repair some of the damage before the winter break and to increase the boys' confidence.

As for Rosenberg: good performance. The first goal made clear how fast this dude is, and his work for the second goal was terrific. He made the difference today -- no doubt about it. By the way: I thought Chari looked quite good as well today. Babel is f#cked at the moment, I'm afraid.

Next week (Boxing Day) is f-nerd vs AZ. If we beat Groningen and grab a result at Heerenveen, things will look reasonably okay at the end of the year. Much better than a few weeks ago anyway.

K.
I have not seen this team play in the "new formation" yet but by the comments that have been posted i can kind of imagine the Ajax Koeman had when we made that terrific Champions League run (02-03 ??), if i remember correctly Koeman would play 4-4-2 on tough away games, Zlatan and Mandy(Van der Meyde) were the duo upfront. That team like many of you have said was a low scoring clan but also a solid one.
I Think we should use this formation in the next round of the champions league, you know fight fire with fire ;) .

Keep it up guy's cause the elevator A'INT stopin.

Hup AJAX!!!! :eusa_dance:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

ajaxnumberone
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxnumberone » ma dec 19, 2005 10:41 am

:aai: I read Ajax articles for recent weeks and knew that Ajax reverted 4-3-3 into 4-4-2 formation. But is it the right solution for Ajax ? Holland under the control of Dick Advocaat had played 4-4-2 and got the results in the qualifying round in Ek 2004, but changed back to 4-3-3 in the Ek2004. Koeman played 4-4-2 formation and Blind did it again.

I think we had big trouble finding formations between 4-4-2 and 4-3-3. I watched Holland of San Marco, Holland always play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3, but doesn't mean that Holland easily get fragile, but it has less attractive with many crosses and passes than before.

KO said :This is not the football we want to play in the long run, but it is the perfect way to get things back on track, to repair some of the damage before the winter break and to increase the boys' confidence.

Yes it's not the football we want to play, but if Blind doesn't make his mind between them, Ajax will be get into the wrong way that Koeman took.
Why do Ajax have so many foreign players than before ? than PSV, than Feijnoord ?

I am happy with the results we got to get back into the race but i don't think 4-4-2 is the right or real solution for us when we get into trouble scoring or get poor resutls. We think we need to analyse Ajax suffering in detail

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma dec 19, 2005 2:19 pm

Yes I have always emphasized too that I dont want Ajax do become a foreign ghetto, but it's hard for any coach to handle abunch of meddling Dutch players.

As for the 4-4-2, I can still see a 4-3-3 dash to it, at least in the Vitesse game, but if we cant get Rosales on form and Mitea recorvered, 4-3-3 wont happen.
Get a Cock

akieden

Bericht door akieden » ma dec 19, 2005 5:49 pm

ajaxnumberone schreef:Yes it's not the football we want to play, but if Blind doesn't make his mind between them, Ajax will be get into the wrong way that Koeman took.
Why do Ajax have so many foreign players than before ? than PSV, than Feijnoord ?
ZoefdeHaas schreef:Yes I have always emphasized too that I dont want Ajax do become a foreign ghetto, but it's hard for any coach to handle abunch of meddling Dutch players.
The team I think is still not Blind's team, so he need time to chomp it, maybe next season he together with van Geel will do as Co & Beenhakker(correct?) did in 2001 summer

Plaats reactie