02 Nov 2005: FC Thun - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

02 Nov 2005: FC Thun - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di okt 25, 2005 7:12 am

And after the weekend... we go to Switzerland! That's right, guys and dolls.

Danny Blind thinks that four points from the remaining three games will be enough for Ajax to advance. One at Thun and three at home against Sparta would be the most logical way to grab them.

Personally, I am not too convinced that four points will be enough. It will only be enough if Arsenal win everything from now on. If either Thun or Sparta grab a surprising result against Arsenal, Ajax might require six, so let's go for that and not be happy with a draw in Berne.

We have to beat Thun, if only because we're Ajax. We just have to beat small-timers like these.

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Re: 02 Nov 2005: FC Thun - Ajax

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » za okt 29, 2005 8:54 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:And after the weekend... we go to Switzerland! That's right, guys and dolls.
Well the advance party starts on its trip tomorrow early a.m. from Luton Airport.

See you Cloggies there :bis: :headbang: :cheer:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo okt 30, 2005 2:53 am

To the WANKdorf stadion!
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo okt 30, 2005 3:27 pm

So, Ajax did not exactly have a great 'dress rehearsal' for Wednesday, but FC Thun had an even worse weekend. They suffered a 1-6 (!) home defeat to FC Zürich.

To be honest, I don't really understand how that lot ever eliminated Dinamo Kiev and stuffed Malmö FF by 5-0 on aggregate. They were very poor indeed at the ArenA and, although I definitely expect them to be better at home, their results in the league are a bit inconsistent at the very least.

We have to beat this side. Let's not be satisfied with a draw. We have to win.

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma okt 31, 2005 1:34 am

I got one big question??? Who is going to start at #9?????

Hell lets have a little poll here:

A) Babel

B) Annastassiou

C) Rosenberg

My vote is for Babel :xyxthumbs: maybe he'll get lucky with his new hair style :yes: .
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma okt 31, 2005 9:55 am

when will Charisteas be back ?
Appie, stay strong !

Rubin Stark

Bericht door Rubin Stark » ma okt 31, 2005 11:10 am

FC Thun should be beaten like a red-headed stepchild, but it could all go wrong if they get players behind the ball and counter towards the end of the match.

I really hope Rosales has a big game, if he even gets on the field. The other wing is a problem. I'd give my left nut for a call-up.
Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:I got one big question??? Who is going to start at #9?????

Hell lets have a little poll here:

A) Babel

B) Annastassiou

C) Rosenberg
I'll go with C. Keep the faith.
"The joy of seeing Yuri Gargarin flying in space is only superseded by the joy of
a good penalty save." - Lev Yashin

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma okt 31, 2005 12:09 pm

Last Saturday Thun lost their homegame against Zurich 1-6 :D
well, if we do not beat them, we have nothing to hope for this season
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 31, 2005 1:55 pm

Last training at the ArenA just finished. Hatem Trabelsi and Angelos Charisteas will not make the trip...

Maduro, Urby and Pienaar were slightly injured but they will be available for Wednesday's game.

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma okt 31, 2005 2:04 pm

Rubin Stark said:

I really hope Rosales has a big game, if he even gets on the field. The other wing is a problem. I'd give my left nut for a call-up.[/quote]

Have you heard of Derk Boerrigter? He is the solution to our left wing problem

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 31, 2005 9:15 pm

Some pics of Ajax's arrival in Switzerland...

http://www.ajax.nl/show/id=1322/contentid=44355

They flew to Zürich, then drove to Berne on a coach. Flight: one hour. Coach ride: 90 minutes...

K.
Still alive...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » ma okt 31, 2005 10:31 pm

Ayman schreef:Have you heard of Derk Boerrigter? He is the solution to our left wing problem
What about Derk? Is this a stab in the dark or have you seen him play? I haven't seen anything by him and even read very little about him. Seems to me that he's a big questionmark.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 31, 2005 10:47 pm

Okay, folks... I'm off to bed. I'm getting up at 5:30 AM tomorrow morning and will fly out of Schiphol Airport at 8:25. Destination: Geneva. From there we'll take a train to Berne and it's a safe bet that we'll go on the p*ss straight away. :D

Over Pasanen's Head, Pizza 5 and Jock Cloggie: see you in Switzerland!

:d4 :alc:

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » ma okt 31, 2005 11:24 pm

The only game i've seen in the past two weeks is Ajax v Thun ....... been away from home.... Seems i have missed out on a hell of a lot of frustration: 3 fucking Eredivisie games without a goal! What the fuck is wrong with this team?

Any sort of win in Switzerland will do just fine .... fuck the league: we're Champions League :D

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » wo nov 02, 2005 1:17 am

AJAX WITHOUT TRABELSI

Ajax will be without defender Hatem Trabelsi for their Group B Champions League clash with Swiss outfit FC Thun on Wednesday night.

The right back is suffering with a hamstring injury which he picked up against SC Heerenveen in the Eredivisie clash on Friday.

"He had some tests on Monday but Wednesday is too soon for him," said Ajax coach Danny Blind.

Striker Angelos Charisteas has also not travelled with the rest of the squad to Switzerland as he continues to have problems following the concussion he sustained in the match against Arsenal four weeks ago.

Blind will be forced to make changes to his team, notably because of the absence of Trabelsi, although his firing line should remain unaltered.

"I want to make as few changes as possible. The 0-0 against Heerenveen doesn't change that. Steven Pienaar is as good as fit so I won't have to make many changes up front," Blind continued.

Ajax beat their Swiss rivals 2-0 in Amsterdam a fortnight ago but trail Group B leaders Arsenal by five points in the standings.

They are also 15 points behind Eredivisie leaders PSV despite a good run of form lately which has seen them unbeaten in six outings.

Blind now wants to take courage from their league performances as his side bid to make it through to the last 16 of the European competition, starting in Switzerland.

"We do have perspective and looking at how we are doing in the Eredivisie, that is a good idea.

"It offers us a possibility to smell success again however difficult the match tomorrow might be," he added.

"It is necessary that we do not get behind in the match. If they get the first goal they will defend that and that's what Thun can do.

"When they are ahead they are a tough team to beat. Against Zurich they came behind and they were forced to take risks, that is something they don't like that much."

Ajax's injured captain Julien Escude has travelled with the team to Thun.

The French defender has not been part of Blind's selection for several weeks already and had looked to be out of tomorrow's game too.

But Blind explained: "Because Urby Emanuelson has a few minor complaints, I took him as the 19th player with us."

FC Thun are just a point behind their Dutch opponents in the table with three points to their name.

They can still qualify to the next stages of the competition but after playing Ajax they face the difficult task of facing group leaders Arsenal and Sparta Prague.

Thun are currently fifth in the Swiss Super League table but head into the Champions League clash on the back of a 6-1 defeat to FC Zurich.

Source: www.sportinglife.com
Thun lost 6-1 last weekend. Think they were saving themselves for tomorrow?

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo nov 02, 2005 4:18 am

Picked this up from the UEFA press kit. The inaccurate bit isn't really shocking, but possesion figures are way up there. If only one of the strikers remembers how to start putting those chances away.

• Ajax have proved to be the most inaccurate team in front of goal with 36 shots wide in
their opening three matches in the 2005/06 UEFA Champions League, six clear of their
closest pursuers, LOSC Lille Métropole. At the other end of the scale, FC Artmedia have
had only seven shots wide, one behind Rosenborg BK.

• Ajax have enjoyed 111 minutes of ball possession during the opening three matchdays
– a match average of 37 minutes, five minutes ahead of nearest pursuers Real Madrid
CF and FC Barcelona. At the other end of the scale, AC Sparta Praha have enjoyed the
least ball possession with 67 total minutes, two behind Liverpool FC and Rosenborg BK

Frans

Bericht door Frans » wo nov 02, 2005 4:31 am

Amol schreef:

•At the other end of the scale, FC Artmedia have
had only seven shots wide, one behind Rosenborg BK.
There are reasons for stats like this. I saw for the Porto vs Artmedia game; shots: 28-4. final score: 2-3. bloody incredible.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo nov 02, 2005 5:09 am

Dubbel schreef:
AJAX WITHOUT TRABELSI

Ajax will be without defender Hatem Trabelsi for their Group B Champions League clash with Swiss outfit FC Thun on Wednesday night.

The right back is suffering with a hamstring injury which he picked up against SC Heerenveen in the Eredivisie clash on Friday.

"He had some tests on Monday but Wednesday is too soon for him," said Ajax coach Danny Blind.

Striker Angelos Charisteas has also not travelled with the rest of the squad to Switzerland as he continues to have problems following the concussion he sustained in the match against Arsenal four weeks ago.

Blind will be forced to make changes to his team, notably because of the absence of Trabelsi, although his firing line should remain unaltered.

"I want to make as few changes as possible. The 0-0 against Heerenveen doesn't change that. Steven Pienaar is as good as fit so I won't have to make many changes up front," Blind continued.

Ajax beat their Swiss rivals 2-0 in Amsterdam a fortnight ago but trail Group B leaders Arsenal by five points in the standings.

They are also 15 points behind Eredivisie leaders PSV despite a good run of form lately which has seen them unbeaten in six outings.

Blind now wants to take courage from their league performances as his side bid to make it through to the last 16 of the European competition, starting in Switzerland.

"We do have perspective and looking at how we are doing in the Eredivisie, that is a good idea.

"It offers us a possibility to smell success again however difficult the match tomorrow might be," he added.

"It is necessary that we do not get behind in the match. If they get the first goal they will defend that and that's what Thun can do.

"When they are ahead they are a tough team to beat. Against Zurich they came behind and they were forced to take risks, that is something they don't like that much."

Ajax's injured captain Julien Escude has travelled with the team to Thun.

The French defender has not been part of Blind's selection for several weeks already and had looked to be out of tomorrow's game too.

But Blind explained: "Because Urby Emanuelson has a few minor complaints, I took him as the 19th player with us."

FC Thun are just a point behind their Dutch opponents in the table with three points to their name.

They can still qualify to the next stages of the competition but after playing Ajax they face the difficult task of facing group leaders Arsenal and Sparta Prague.

Thun are currently fifth in the Swiss Super League table but head into the Champions League clash on the back of a 6-1 defeat to FC Zurich.

Source: www.sportinglife.com
Thun lost 6-1 last weekend. Think they were saving themselves for tomorrow?
Sorry dubbel but that article is plain crap, just take a look:

1) We are 10 points behind Psv not 15 :nooo:

2) This one is even worse we have not won in 3 games and we sure as hell have not had a 6 game unbeaten streak in the eredivisie. :nooo:

3) Julien Escude is not injured, the reason he is not playing is because of poor form and bad play. :nooo:

The Trabelsi situation is true but the rest of this article is just plain silly(or shity).I am studying journalism and stuff like this makes me want to :pukey:.Just goes to show you that they dont know shit about Ajax.

Sporting Life :eusa_liar:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo nov 02, 2005 9:48 am

almost as bad as the French TV football journalists :blush:
about this evening, I am expecting something like 1-3 for Ajax
Appie, stay strong !

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo nov 02, 2005 1:31 pm

Is Wes going to play?
Get a Cock

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo nov 02, 2005 1:57 pm

3) Julien Escude is not injured, the reason he is not playing is because of poor form and bad play. :nooo:

God.... Move on dude... He was bad ON ONE FUCKING occasion against Feyenoord. You can't call that "poor form" or "bad play". I call that Blind forgetting about how great he had been last season and at the beginning of this one, get a clue.
Laatst gewijzigd door carcajou op wo nov 02, 2005 2:56 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
meh :|

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo nov 02, 2005 2:15 pm

Escude played mediocre the last few seasons and bad this season. If you play at Ajax, you must be excellent. I hope the big clean-up is started. Players like Escude, Galasek and Boukhari don't belong at Ajax.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » wo nov 02, 2005 2:36 pm

Sorry that's bollocks. Escude was player of the season last year, in my eyes, and he certainly isn't mediocre. he had one bad game this season, that's all.

He's out of the team because Blind feels that he is not suited to ajax's new/old defensive system.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo nov 02, 2005 2:59 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:Escude played mediocre the last few seasons and bad this season. If you play at Ajax, you must be excellent. I hope the big clean-up is started. Players like Escude, Galasek and Boukhari don't belong at Ajax.
Galasek ?

I'm getting tired of this bullshit, seriously.
meh :|

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo nov 02, 2005 3:06 pm

i expect goals VERDOMME!!!! if we can't get well tonight, we can't get well

time has come to destroy tiny thun and capture four-goal glory! :bis:

or maybe de jong can score two in the final 15 minutes to squeak a 2-1 :eusa_pray:
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Plaats reactie