28 Oct 2005: Ajax - SC Heerenveen

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

28 Oct 2005: Ajax - SC Heerenveen

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr okt 21, 2005 5:59 am

The first game after PSV - Ajax and another pretty tough one: we lost at home (and away...) to Heerenveen last season. This one will be played on a Friday evening, mind you, and I will miss it because I'll be watching Bob Dylan at the Ahoy in Rotterdam with my dad. :yes:

By the way: after the PSV fixture this will be the next fixture for the first team. Young Ajax will play in the second round of the Gatorade Cup first, on Tuesday 25 October, at home to AGOVV Apeldoorn. Discuss that game in this thread:
http://www.ajaxtalk.nl/portal/viewtopic.php?t=5374

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr okt 21, 2005 11:25 am

I can understand why you say that you will be watching Bob Dylan and not listening to him (voice). Have a good time though. :band:

It seems very exagarated to call it a "tough one".
Thun was a tough one too for some of us. And then when we beat them we call them crap...
Of course you are right to remind us last season's results but Heerenveen is only Heerenveen. And more important we are better than last year.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di okt 25, 2005 7:16 am

philippe schreef:It seems very exagarated to call it a "tough one".
Thun was a tough one too for some of us. And then when we beat them we call them crap... Of course you are right to remind us last season's results but Heerenveen is only Heerenveen. And more important we are better than last year.
Let me put it this way: if we take them 100% seriously and give everything, we will indeed beat them.

But if your voice is in the players' heads (telling them that "Heerenveen is only Heerenveen") we might be in for some more bad results against them. They do have a striker that converts his chances, you know...

As for Dylan... Follow me to the music thread and I will reply to your comment. :yes:

K.
Still alive...

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » wo okt 26, 2005 8:37 am

We are doomed I tell you, doooooooomd........ we aaare aaaalllll dooooomd.

That's my analysis, anyway.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo okt 26, 2005 11:21 am

Heerenveen isnt top either right now, but then they did beat us twice last season...

I'm sitting out of this one
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do okt 27, 2005 1:30 pm

Anyway: Pienaar will be available (he will be suspended after the weekend), but Sneijder is suspended due to accumulated yellow cards.

I am not exactly sure about Juanfran (I think he has one more Young Ajax game to go, but perhaps this week's cup game was his third...) but at the moment he's not important anyway, because Urbs is the bollocks. No wonder Farfan took a dive; it's the only way you can book success against our geezer.

:headbang:

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do okt 27, 2005 4:48 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: No wonder Farfan took a dive; it's the only way you can book success against our geezer.

:headbang:

K.
the trouble is that diving has become a successful and wellknown tactic against us
Appie, stay strong !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do okt 27, 2005 5:01 pm

Juanfran has only missed 2 reserve games so he wont be available until after next weeks reserve game.

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » vr okt 28, 2005 9:28 pm

0-0 :faga1: Crisis,what crisis ??.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr okt 28, 2005 9:33 pm

Must have been a stinker by the result :nooo:.Winter striker shoping anyone???

Things are really not looking good :sad:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr okt 28, 2005 9:49 pm

I don't see any GOAL AJAX on ajax.nl.... Has to be a bug or something because Hereenven.... I mean, come on.
meh :|

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr okt 28, 2005 10:14 pm

Deja Vu I know but this is really poor. I checked three different sites before it sunk in....yes, 0-0 was the final result.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr okt 28, 2005 11:06 pm

I watched it in the de Hems....de Jong was marginally on side...never the less we should have buried this team...when is Blind going to play Boerrigter on the left wing and Babel upfront with Rosales on the right wing, thats the only way it could work.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za okt 29, 2005 7:58 am

The only thing to do is never back track. October has been a piss poor month for Ajax so now we got to find the right formula upfront. Defense is good, midfield is not too much of a worry, but the attack is CRAP. We got all this talent in the younger side but never use em, I mean cmon give em a shot

Trabelsi and Maduro have question marks whether they'll play on Wed.
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » za okt 29, 2005 8:52 am

too many wrong decisions and a wrong policy have led us where we are : let's get rid of what's left of the board and have a decent chairman :redcard:
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za okt 29, 2005 10:53 am

I wasn't at the game...

What about that goal by De Jong that was disallowed in the last minute? Was Yannis indeed offside?

K.
Still alive...

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » za okt 29, 2005 11:31 am

From Vak 420 he looked onside to me, but I still haven't seen it on TV.

Ajax's approach play was pretty good, particularly in the first half when Boukhari was playing very well, I was seriously impressed by our midfield. It was old-fashioned onetouchfootball. Then the crowd started to get at Boukhari, which caused him to cramp up, his performance dropped off, and it didn't quite flow after that.

ajax look like a team that would prefer to play without a home crowd.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » za okt 29, 2005 11:59 am

I'm convinced we would have won if we had played 4-4-2 with Babel and Anastaciou up front.

Ok, so ideally you would like to see Ajax playing some form of 4-3-3, but if you don't have the players for it [i.e. 4-3-3 style wingers] then what's the point of wasting Babel and Pienaar on the wing? I really don't understand.

I think Blind is very naive to be honest.

Rubin Stark

Bericht door Rubin Stark » za okt 29, 2005 2:52 pm

0-0 is cool. Better than 4-3.

Anastasiou starting over Rosenberg? What?

Please bring back the Ajax swagger. It wins fans and silverware.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za okt 29, 2005 4:19 pm

Rubin Stark schreef:0-0 is cool. Better than 4-3.
Exsqueeze me...?

K.
Still alive...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » za okt 29, 2005 5:23 pm

MORE FRUSTRATION FOR AJAX

Ajax suffered further frustration on home turf as they were held to a goalless draw by Heerenveen.

Danny Blind's side have now recorded only one win in five games at the Amsterdam ArenA, and that is the main reason they find themselves seven points adrift of the leaders in the Eredivisie.

They dominated this game, particularly in the first half, but failed to make it pay and could well have been punished as Heerenveen came forward on the counter attack.

A lack of goals remains the problem, and after another night of near misses they thought they had made the breakthrough when Nigel De Jong fired into the net in injury time, only for the goal to be ruled out because Yannis Anastasiou had played him in from an offside position.

Anastasiou, handed another start in attack, was largely disappointing, but it was to others that the best chances fell.

In the first half, Ryan Babel had two good opportunities after cutting inside to put the ball on his powerful right foot, but both times he was denied by Boy Waterman in the Heerenveen goal.

Steven Pienaar had the best chance of all after Waterman could only parry Nourdin Boukhari's shot into his path. But with the goal begging, Pienaar struck a weak shot which Waterman was able to recover.

In the second half, Heerenveen striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar - a player who has been linked with solving Ajax's problems in attack - had chance to punish the hosts, but was guilty of being greedy.

He broke through two-on-one with Larsse Nilsson in support against Ajax goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg, but with Nilsson in a much better position, Huntelaar tried to go alone and spurned the opportunity.

There was more bad news for Blind as Hatem Trabelsi came off in the first half clutching his hamstring and Hedwiges Maduro followed in the second half with an apparent knee problem.

Source: Sportinglife

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » za okt 29, 2005 6:05 pm

Rosenberg is a nitwit that has to be removed from the Ajax squad a.s.a.p. Anastasiou is the best we've got for the moment.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za okt 29, 2005 7:59 pm

How did Huntelaar play ???? Did he show some promise??? Would he really solve our problem if he came to Ajax ???
BRING IT ON !!!!...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo okt 30, 2005 2:50 am

Didn't exactly prove much in the game, missed open shots and been selfish at times, probably to "show" his worth but ofcourse, Stekkie rocks.

Em apart from that I think he will be a good striker for us. (Hes got a great name too)
Get a Cock

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » zo okt 30, 2005 1:39 pm

No Fear schreef:

Rosenberg is a nitwit that has to be removed from the Ajax squad a.s.a.p. Anastasiou is the best we've got for the moment.
I couldn't agree more with the latter. A "T W I T" He's hopeless.
AJACIED

Plaats reactie