Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

21 Sep 2005: Ajax - ADO Den Haag

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr jul 29, 2005 7:01 pm

WTF???

Ajax.nl: [url=ttp://www.ajax.nl/show/id=1322/contentid=42616]Ajax - ADO Den Haag verboden[/url]

Silly Babelfish translation:
Ajax - ADO The Hague prohibited
Zeist, 29 July 2005
The burgomaster of Amsterdam has decided to no grant authorisation to play 14 augusts 2005, commencement 12.30 the game Ajax - ADO The Hague on Sunday. The governing board paid football regrets this decision and remains at this moment nothing else football then consider the decision as a prohibition by the government and act in accordance with Article 16 paragraph 7 of the regulation games paid. This involves that the KNVB the game will have offer renewed in Amsterdam. At this moment the KNVB is still in consultation between the municipality Amsterdam. Pleasing Monday 1 august expects the KNVB with a new date and/or time to come. Just then the KNVB a closer explanation will give. At a renewed prohibition the game will be played in the area of the antagonist. Is that possible, then the game will not be determined in neutral area, possibly without publicly.
Uh oh, sounds like the game is to be rescheduled to some neutral location with no fans?

So much for JOB's glorious return.

Sherman Fleischer

Bericht door Sherman Fleischer » vr jul 29, 2005 7:23 pm

Blame the burgomaster! :D

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jul 30, 2005 5:28 pm

Yes, game has been forbidden by the mayor. The KNVB will come up with a new date and if Amsterdam doesn't accept that new date the game will be played elsewhere. But that won't happen, I think. Still, it's bad news because some of my mates have booked flights from the U.K. for this one...

I will publish a news report on Ajax USA a.s.a.p.

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » zo jul 31, 2005 12:58 am

Maybe if the so called 'football fans' pulled their heads in and stopped using football as an excuse for violence, maybe crap like this wouldn't happen.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Update

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 01, 2005 7:35 pm

Update! I have just added the following to the existing news report...
KNVB proposal: Ajax vs Den Haag on 13 August

The KNVB have proposed Saturday 13 August as the new date for Ajax vs ADO Den Haag. Remarkably, this is one day before the original date of Sunday 14 August. It is expected that the mayor of Amsterdam, Mr Job Cohen, will have exactly the same objections against the new date. By suggesting a new date in the same weekend the KNVB increase the pressure on Mr Cohen: if he vetoes the fixture again it must be played in The Hague instead (or on neutral territory, possibly behind closed doors, if the local authorities veto it). Immediately after Cohen's veto the KNVB announced that they were "not at all pleased" with his decision. Before revealing it to the public, the KNVB submitted the Eredivisie fixture list to all mayors of Eredivisie cities, so that they could submit their objections. The KNVB understand Cohen's arguments, but feel that he should have protested against the 'high risk fixture' at an earlier stage. (Source: De Telegraaf)
13 August? Wouldn't count on it. They're playing a game now. The KNVB are thinking: if you fuck with us, we'll fuck you back. I feel a game behind closed doors coming up. The Hague don't want to have this fixture in that weekend either (the mayor's already said that).

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 01, 2005 10:52 pm

Will the mayor pay Ajax compensation ???

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Update...

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 02, 2005 1:00 pm

New update... (also up on Ajax USA homepage):
Mayor also vetoes 13 August for Ajax vs Den Haag

Mayor Job Cohen of Amsterdam has also vetoed the new date for Ajax vs ADO Den Haag, as suggested by the KNVB. The football association had proposed Saturday 13 August instead of Sunday 14 August, but Mr Cohen has exactly the same objections against the new date as he had against the original date, and has not granted his permission due to insufficient police availability. The KNVB now formally have the right to have the fixture played in The Hague instead, or - if that city refuses to host it - on neutral territory, if necessary behind closed doors. It is as yet unknown whether the KNVB will use this rule. (Sources: de Volkskrant, ELF)
As they say: to be continued...

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di aug 02, 2005 4:11 pm

SPL schreef:Will the mayor pay Ajax compensation ???
Sod Ajax - what about £75 for my air-fare X'C
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 02, 2005 4:24 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Sod Ajax - what about £75 for my air-fare X'C
That's one of the reasons why I really, really hate Cohen for this one... he vetoes this game because police availability will be insufficient. This has two reasons:

1. too many large scale events in Amsterdam (Uitmarkt, Gay Pride, Sail 2005)
2. too many high risk fixtures in August (JC Shield, Den Haag, F-Word, CL)

He could have submitted all of this to the KNVB in May or June and they would have respected Amsterdam's desires. To all mayors in Holland, the KNVB stressed the fact that the schedule for this season was going to be tight, due to the play-offs and the 2006 World Cup. They urged all mayors to submit their wishes early. Everyone did so - except Cohen. And now he cancels this game two weeks before the fact. That sucks - especially for my friends from the U.K. and France, for most of whom it is not the first time that something like this happens.

It would be a bit of an exaggeration to say that every Ajax home game is a major international event or seomthing, but I know a handful of people who have booked (non-refunadble) air or train tickets for this one.

Bloody f*cking SHIT! That's what I have to say.

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di aug 02, 2005 4:34 pm

I can feel a Dear Mr Cohen letter being sent requesting compensation.

Ko - can you find an office address for our dear Mr Cohen?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 02, 2005 4:51 pm

This is our guy...

http://www.amsterdam.nl/gemeente/college/burgemeester

You can send him e-mail by clicking 'Mail aan de burgemeester' ('Mail the mayor') in the navigation bar on the right side of the page.

Snail mail address:

Stadhuis Amsterdam
t.a.v. dhr. Job Cohen, burgemeester
Amstel 1
1011 PN Amsterdam
The Netherlands

What if they offer you a VIP treatment for the Gay Pride canal parade for compensation...? :D

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di aug 02, 2005 4:58 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: What if they offer you a VIP treatment for the Gay Pride canal parade for compensation...? :D

K.
You cannot trick me Ko - I am not yet ready to come out of the closet - I will probably sell the day on e-bay and donate the funds to a cause I have a great feeling for - namely putting it behind the bar at t'loosje for our pre game refreshments :headbang: especially now that I understand our friend Froggie Cloggie has joined us in the enjoyment of the fruit of the hop plant.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 08, 2005 8:49 am

Update...

According to newspaper Algemeen Dagblad it is still an option that the game will be played at the ArenA on Saturday evening. Mayor Job Cohen has returned from his vacation and will be back in office today. The KNVB will discuss the possibilities with him. A decision will be announced today.

Meanwhile, football journalist Hugo Borst has said on TV that the game will not be played in Amsterdam or Den Haag, but on neutral territory. He also said that the KNVB will announce the city three days before the fixture. He did not say whether the fixture will be played behind closed doors or not.

We'll see what happens. I hope we'll find out more today...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 08, 2005 3:13 pm

Final word from the KNVB: Sunday 14 August it is. Neutral territory. Behind closed doors.

Fuck that.

Here's what I just published on the Ajax USA homepage (and in the existing news report...):"
Update 08 August: The final word! The KNVB decided today that Ajax vs ADO Den Haag must be played on the original date (Sunday 14 August) at a neutral venue that will be announced later -- and behind closed doors. Mayor Job Cohen of Amsterdam vetoed the 'high risk' fixture for both Sunday 14 August and Saturday 13 August. The mayor of The Hague did not want the unplanned high risk fixture at Zuiderpark Stadium in his city either and no other city wished to welcome travelling sets of fans from Amsterdam and The Hague on Sunday, so that the KNVB had no other option than to find a neutral ground for the fixture and to ban all fans from it. The venue for the Eredivisie confrontation will be announced later. (Source: NOS Teletekst)
K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 08, 2005 6:57 pm

I have never heard of anything like this before in Football, it would not happen in England.

Why cannot the game be played in the Arena behind closed doors??.

Will the City of Amsterdam be paying compensation to the club? and more impotantly to the many people reading this who have paid airfares to come???

I sincerely hope those of you who have paid will be compensated.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 08, 2005 7:07 pm

This is what Arie van Eijden said on Radio Noord-Holland: "This is a very sad decision by the KNVB. And this affair is not over yet. What about the people who have a season ticket and where can you submit their claims?"

I don't know what will happen, but it's already a pretty positive thing that Van Eijden (of all people) think of the supporters first! I'm staying tuned to all the fansites. The supporters will definitely act and I'll keep you posted.

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma aug 08, 2005 7:34 pm

SPL schreef:I have never heard of anything like this before in Football, it would not happen in England.

Why cannot the game be played in the Arena behind closed doors??.

Will the City of Amsterdam be paying compensation to the club? and more impotantly to the many people reading this who have paid airfares to come???

I sincerely hope those of you who have paid will be compensated.
Totally agree with SPL, this is like some sort of sick joke and would never happen in England where there are many "high risk" games in all four league divisions. In fact, I can't think of one game that's been played behind closed doors in this manner - games are postponed by the Police but nothing approaching this fiasco on the first day of the season. In England the game would likely be played and if anything would be moved, maybe to midweek later in the season.

No doubt Ko and fellow Amsterdam based Ajax fans will pay twice anyway, on their season tickets and then on their taxes if any compensation is given by the mayors department. :nooo:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 08, 2005 8:57 pm

From Reuters:
Ajax start season at neutral ground, possibly in secret

AMSTERDAM, Aug 8 (Reuters) - Ajax Amsterdam's first division opening match against ADO Den Haag next week will be played behind closed doors at a neutral ground and possibly in secret, the Dutch Football Association (KNVB) told Reuters on Monday.

"Unless there is a change in circumstances, the match... will be played on neutral ground without spectators," spokesman Frank Huizinga said.

The KNVB had initially scheduled the match for August 14 in Amsterdam but the city's mayor Job Cohen said his police force was overloaded that month and could not provide adequate security.

A move to August 13 was also vetoed by the local authorities and an attempt to switch the venue to ADO was ruled out when mayor of The Hague, Wim Deetman, refused to give his approval.

"According to our regulations we have started preparations to organise this match on neutral ground," Huizinga told Reuters. "And it is possible that the venue will be secret."
K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma aug 08, 2005 9:52 pm

This kind of thing happened in Greece all the time, but that was usually because the supporters ran roughshod over the other teams' supporters and beat up old ladies and children simply because they were sitting in the wrong section. Also, no Greek stadium has the infrastructure to deal with two rabid sets of fans, which the ArenA does. And, the Greek cops suck. And, Greek fans are especially rabid.

But none of those things is the case here. There is no reason that the ArenA couldn't handle Ajax-ADO. What a load of crap.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma aug 08, 2005 10:28 pm

Could at least get our money back and have a SBS 6 live coverage or something. Regardless, this is shit fuck, you dont need 50.000 police for this, and with VdV gone, ADO fans wont have much to diss cept their stupid cheer leaders. stupid ADO
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo aug 10, 2005 9:33 am

The latest!

Just added this update to the news report on Ajax USA...
Ajax's general director Arie van Eijden announced that Ajax will tall to the KNVB again as soon as the Ajax delegation has returned from Denmark. The Amsterdam club has not given up hope for the fixture to be played with fans in attandance, possibly at the Amsterdam ArenA. In today's De Telegraaf a KNVB spokesman reacts: "The match will be played this weekend on neutral territory, unless it can be played in Amsterdam. Postponing the fixture is not an option."
K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do aug 11, 2005 11:53 am

Just added to the news report on Ajax USA...
Update 11 August: The KNVB have informed Ajax that Ajax vs ADO Den Haag must be played on Sunday 14 August at 12:00 CET, on neutral territory and behind closed doors. Ajax will discuss alternatives with the KNVB today and have made a reservation at the court of justice for a possible lawsuit on Friday 12 August. (Source: Ajax.nl)
K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do aug 11, 2005 12:11 pm

And who is the lawsuit being taken against - the KNVB or the Municipality of Amsterdam, or both?

Interesting one to follow in that Ajax don't want to appear pushovers, especially to the fans, but on the other hand both Mayor Cohen and the KNVB can make life difficult in the future for Ajax if they push it too far.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do aug 11, 2005 12:23 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Could at least get our money back and have a SBS 6 live coverage or something. Regardless, this is shit fuck, you dont need 50.000 police for this, and with VdV gone, ADO fans wont have much to diss cept their stupid cheer leaders. stupid ADO

i blame cohen, he had several months to raise an objection to this fixture and yet he waits until two weeks before the match
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do aug 11, 2005 12:53 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef: i blame cohen, he had several months to raise an objection to this fixture and yet he waits until two weeks before the match
I believe that everybody will/does blame Cohen for this one. But we are where we are and Mayor Cohen will not budge.
Whover the lawsuit is aimed at I cannot see the game being played at the ArenA on Sunday with the fans present. The lawsuit must be about compensation.

BTW how is it that the tv cameras are meant to be present when the location is meant to be hush hush?

Plaats reactie