Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jul 10, 2005 12:36 am

And on to the next one!

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 11, 2005 3:20 pm

Don't expect a spectacular performance from Ajax tonight... They did a training session at the ArenA this morning, prior to departure to Wezep. Running, running, running, running. Very heavy, according to today's training report, so they'll be exhausted at half-time tonight.

The team bus left for Wezep after lunch and after the WHC friendly they will drive on to the usual hotel in De Lutte. The traditional training camp will start today and as usual it will be very physical: lots of running. The words 'De Lutte' must have a similar connotation for an Ajax player as the words 'Omaha Beach' for a D-Day veteran... ;)

Anyway: WHC vs Ajax tonight. Match report will be published on Ajax USA late in the evening (CET).

For the real nutjobs amongst you (yeah, I'm talking to you!) :yes: The local radiostation for the Wezep area is named LOCO. You can listen to their live report of WHC vs Ajax by clicking the icon that works for you on this page:
http://www.locomediagroep.nl/live.htm

No, it won't be in English, but in Dutch. Well, a sort of Dutch anyway...

I think the bandwidth/capacity of LOCO Radio will be limited (it's only a small local station), so if too many Ajax fans log on at the same time we will probably f*ck up the service (hooligans! hooligans! :D ), but if you're bored (aren't we all?) and don't have anything better to do...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 11, 2005 5:58 pm

Right... Against DWV we didn't score in the first half, against WHC we concede an equalizer after 10 minutes. Game started 10 minutes late, we're 13 minutes underway and the score is 1-1.

06' 0-1 Anastasiou
10' 1-1 De Weert

Line-up: Lobont; Obodai, Grygera, Escudé, Lindenbergh; Pienaar, Sneijder, Lindgren; De Mul, Anastasiou, Mitea.

On the bench: Stekelenburg, Heitinga, Galásek, Vermaelen, De Jong, De Ridder, Rosenberg, Manucharyan, Boukhari.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 11, 2005 6:06 pm

Right... 1-2 Lindgren, 2-2 by some bloke...

We look like a bunch of c*nts at the moment...

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » ma jul 11, 2005 6:50 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Don't expect a spectacular performance from Ajax tonight... . Running, running, running, running. Very heavy, according to today's training report, so they'll be exhausted at half-time tonight.

K.

Can't wait for the second half. :headbang:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 11, 2005 7:43 pm

YES! YES! YES! YES!

We won in the last minute!! 3-4!!

All's well that ends well!!

:X

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 11, 2005 10:34 pm

Some thoughts on tonight's glorious triumph in Wezep...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... p-win.html

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di jul 12, 2005 1:47 am

Sounds like Ajax looted a music shop. I'd swear they played; according to what i could gather from Loco, my dictionary, and the comments of supporters; with a bunch of pianos on their backs.I guess the moral of the July 11 marathon is what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.2 down , several more to go.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jul 12, 2005 7:36 am

In the match report on Highlow.nl Danny Blind is quoted saying that Maduro, Vermeer, Babel, Emanuelson, Charisteas and Trabelsi will join the rest of the squad on Monday 18 July. Their first friendly fixture will be the 20 July game at Fortuna Sittard.

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di jul 12, 2005 9:14 am

It really does sound that it is going to be another long winter with this defence in place. Something has to be done to bring in new quality players so that we don't leak goals left, right and centre.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jul 12, 2005 11:22 am

Over Pasanens Head schreef:It really does sound that it is going to be another long winter with this defence in place. Something has to be done to bring in new quality players so that we don't leak goals left, right and centre.
Let me start by saying that there is no excuse in the world for conceding three goals from an amateur team.

However, having said that, I want to point out that two of the WHC goals had nothing to do with Ajax's defender: the second one was a long range shot from way outside of the penalty area and the third one was a direct free-kick into the top corner.

I believe that we have problems in every line except the defense. The defense is our best line, in my opinion...

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di jul 12, 2005 12:29 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: I believe that we have problems in every line except the defense. The defense is our best line, in my opinion...

K.
Your statement in the last paragraph has me even more worried. If an amateur team can put 3 past us, then what will happen when we start mixing it with top class teams in places like Tel Aviv, Brugge etc..

I am really worried concerned over this one as without a decent defence, you then have to rely on the midfield doing more defensive work to shore it up and thus our attack will suffer.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jul 12, 2005 3:45 pm

:twisted: :whip:

That's right. They paid the penalty for yesterday's game today: an extremely early wake-up call and some nice running through the woods at dawn, before the normal training session of two hours at 10:00 AM.

:shithappens:

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di jul 12, 2005 4:11 pm

Agree with your last smiley Ko - but I hadn't anticipated it to materalise so early. Still not to worry I am sure that our glorious coach managed to get his point across in a foreceful way. Proof of the pudding of iff he has managed to get his point across will be in the upcoming friendlies.

Plaats reactie