Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

17 Apr 2005: Feyenoord - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo apr 10, 2005 8:49 pm

The Classic!

Who knows we picked up some form just in time for this one...

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op zo apr 10, 2005 9:27 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

carcajou

Re: 17 Apr 2005: Feyenoord - Ajax

Bericht door carcajou » zo apr 10, 2005 9:22 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:The Classic!

Who knows we picked some form just in time for this one...

K.
If we win this one them the supporters will be cheering again and backing the team more than before, the players will be happy and that will be 3 in a row.

So I want a victory !!!! *cough* ON A SQD HEADER AT THE 89th .... *cough*

:blush: ;) ;) :D :D
meh :|

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo apr 10, 2005 9:38 pm

After the win against AZ, the second place is suddenly is sight. Feyenoord - Ajax is always a match on its own. Maybe feyenoord is in better shape, Ajax does always well in rotterdam. The last ten years we lost only one game. That will give confidence.

And on the feyenoord forums they are shaking again after our todays win over AZ.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di apr 12, 2005 9:57 am

I feel we will win this one :D

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di apr 12, 2005 2:14 pm

philippe schreef:I feel we will win this one :D
That would go a long way towards easing the pain...

fc utreg

Bericht door fc utreg » di apr 12, 2005 10:38 pm

I hope ajax win, nothing i like to see than a bunch of cockroaches fall to the ground...and out the champs league place :headbang:

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di apr 12, 2005 11:15 pm

miss utrecht schreef:I hope Ajax win, nothing i like to see than a bunch of cockroaches fall to the ground...and out the champs league place :headbang:
We had a Miss Ajax back on Soccerpages, now a Miss Utretcht....

Definitely not as stylish, but still a pleasure. Besides you're looking forward to Feyenerds' defeat just like everybody here (Steef apart, of course)

COME ON AJAX !

BPBlueSox
Contacteer:

Bericht door BPBlueSox » wo apr 13, 2005 8:32 am

Feyenoord plays a match during the mid-week as well...

Maybe this will work to our advantage as well. :xyxthumbs:

fc utreg

Bericht door fc utreg » wo apr 13, 2005 4:37 pm

you can like utrecht and be stylish :P

Eric

Bericht door Eric » wo apr 13, 2005 4:45 pm

Carcajou schreef:
miss utrecht schreef:I hope Ajax win, nothing i like to see than a bunch of cockroaches fall to the ground...and out the champs league place :headbang:

Definitely not as stylish, but still a pleasure. Besides you're looking forward to Feyenerds' defeat just like everybody here (Steef apart, of course)

COME ON Ajax !
weren't you previously named 'Heitinga fan' or something like that?
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo apr 13, 2005 5:48 pm

Eric schreef:
Carcajou schreef:

COME ON Ajax !
Not a chance...... Heitinga = :pukey:

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo apr 13, 2005 7:04 pm

To give you an update: feyenerd just lost to Den Bosch!!!! That's right, the number 18!! 4-1 final score. I'm telling you, they are already nervous for sunday. I saw the game on canal + and Den Bosch outclassed feyenerd!! This was hilarious!!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo apr 13, 2005 7:47 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:To give you an update: feyenerd just lost to Den Bosch!!!! That's right, the number 18!! 4-1 final score. I'm telling you, they are already nervous for sunday. I saw the game on canal + and Den Bosch outclassed feyenerd!! This was hilarious!!
This is slightly becoming a good day for me !!!

Now gimme a PSV victory (damn UEFA rankings) and I'll be the happiest man.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 13, 2005 8:28 pm

Carcajou... Why does it say in your profile that you live in Long Beach, California...?

K.
Still alive...

fc utreg

Bericht door fc utreg » wo apr 13, 2005 9:12 pm

Eric schreef:
Carcajou schreef:

COME ON Ajax !
Johnny heitinga, but I dont like johnny anymore....

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo apr 13, 2005 10:53 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Carcajou... Why does it say in your profile that you live in Long Beach, California...?

K.
Because this is the (highly ironic) nickname of my home town Longjumeau (15 km south of Paris). Sometimes unemployed people just have WAY too much time on their hands :redcard: :D :D

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 14, 2005 5:57 am

This is just wonderful... Not only did Feyenoord drop three points, they also lost Pascal Bosschaart (red carded in the 17th minute) and Nick Hofs (who picked up his 4th yellow). Both will be suspended against Ajax. Two of their better players. They still have excellent strikers (Kalou, Kuyt), but now they will have to revert to their crappier fullbacks. And Hofs is a normally dynamic midfielder for them.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do apr 14, 2005 7:51 am

After all, we may still be "lucky Ajax" and catch up with AZ before the end of the season. anyway I still feel we will beat feyenoord :D :eusa_pray: :D

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 14, 2005 9:02 am

That 4-1 defeat at Den Bosch is so flippin' hilarious and so typical...

I mean: we have had a shit season and it's not the first time. Ajax have really good years and really bad years. But at least we have peaks every once in a while. Feyenoord are so... tragic. There's something hilariously self-destructive to that club... It is so important to them to finish above Ajax. The whole town (including the team, apparently) was already thinking about Sunday: their chance to finally beat Ajax again and leapfrog us on the table...

But before they even get the chance to finally book an important moral victory over us, they've already blown it themselves... Which is very typical for Feyenoord as it's been during my lifetime: a club from a big city, with a big fanbase and big ambitions that - for some reason - never achieves its goals (the UEFA Cup of 2002 was a fantastic but very 'isolated' achievement; apart from that they've won three Dutch championships in the past 25 years or so.

They will be over the moon if they beat us (it's the most important thing to every Feyenoord supporter), but in a way they've already blown their shot: all they can do is 'level the score' again and restore the situation that they hoped would be the starting point for Sunday's 'Classic'...

I think it's hilarious. Even if they beat us once every five years (and even if it's Sunday): they're so tragic... and so tremendously, incredibly and unbelievably frustrated. I just can't tell you how much they hate us.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do apr 14, 2005 9:39 am

Kowalczyk schreef:I just can't tell you how much they hate us.

K.
That rocks! :headbang: :D

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do apr 14, 2005 12:30 pm

I have only just picked up the Fword score GREAT. I will be happy if we draw as they will then still have a big job to overtake us.A win will be even better obviously as we can then forget about them challenging for 2nd. I still think we can get 2nd place ,which is all that matters.

I seem to remember someone this time last week thinking we would finish 5th!!! What a difference a week makes.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do apr 14, 2005 1:39 pm

SPL schreef:I seem to remember someone this time last week thinking we would finish 5th!!! What a difference a week makes.
True, but there was also a good run of form right around the winter break, where we thought that Ajax might challenge for the title (I think they were within 5 points, IIRC). That turned out to be a false dawn.

Of course Koeman isn't around anymore, and the last victory was by all accounts much more in the style we all hope Ajax will play, but it may turn out to be a false alarm. Of course I hope it isn't, and I sense more optimism nowadays, but you never know.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 15, 2005 10:14 am

aveslacker schreef:True, but there was also a good run of form right around the winter break, where we thought that Ajax might challenge for the title (I think they were within 5 points, IIRC). That turned out to be a false dawn.
That's true and it is actually the #1 mystery to me. Our good season start (with Zlatan...), our collapse when he left, the crisis with Van Gaal and Koeman, the European disaster... it all made sense to me in a way. There was some sort of logic to it and it became painfully predictable once we'd gotten used to it.

But I don't understand how we started so well after the winter break (Utrecht away and Heerenveen for the cup were good) and then almost immediately collapsed completely. We seemed fit, there was a whole new sense of optimism and then BANG - rock bottom once again. Just like that.

I am still not sure whether Danny Blind will be a great coach for us (he's inexperienced, so we'll have to wait and see), but I am 101% convinced that he'll at least be a much better coach than Ronald Koeman. Why? Because Koeman never had a Bigger Plan for the team (let alone for the club). He didn't aim for anything else than a win in the next game and in order to achieve that he came up with a plan that, in his eyes, maximized the chance of winning. A very cynical approach, because it always led to us adjusting to opponents, rather than imposing our will on them. This club has stood still for almost three years under this man.

Blind...? Once again: we'll have to wait and see. But at least he has a plan, a vision and a Bigger Idea as to what type of football we should play and in what way Ajax can be different from the rest. Which means we will at least be Ajax under Danny Blind - and when it all comes down to it that's the single most important thing to me.

K.
Still alive...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr apr 15, 2005 1:44 pm

maaaaaaaan... if we can win this, this season can actually end up on a very high note - if we can manage second place and the cup from this campaign, it would be pulling a bit of good fortune out of the fire

and by the way... why do people keep spelling out f-word? :redcard: let's not say that word in here... kakkerlakken... rotclub... whatever else :xyxthumbs:
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr apr 15, 2005 3:22 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:maaaaaaaan... if we can win this, this season can actually end up on a very high note - if we can manage second place and the cup from this campaign, it would be pulling a bit of good fortune out of the fire

and by the way... why do people keep spelling out f-word? :redcard: let's not say that word in here... kakkerlakken... rotclub... whatever else :xyxthumbs:
Ja. Goed idee.

Also, pardon my ignorance, but I was lurking on an F-side website the other day, looking for pictures, and they referred to f-word as 010. Can anyone tell me why that is?

Plaats reactie