07 APR 2024; Feyenoord - Ajax; Match Day 29

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

07 APR 2024; Feyenoord - Ajax; Match Day 29

Bericht door Orange14 » ma apr 01, 2024 1:11 pm

A win in Rotterdam will be welcome to those of us who have suffered greatly during this lackluster season.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Re: 07 APR 2024; Feyenoord - Ajax; Match Day 29

Bericht door Orange14 » vr apr 05, 2024 4:44 pm

Since all the fair weather Ajax supporters are probably done for the year, I'll be their portal for information. Ramaj suffered a fracture in his elbow and is out for some weeks. He said he would like to return to the team but it's unlikely. van't Schip has to decide between the unreliable Rulli or the aging Pasveer for the match this weekend. :confused.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 05, 2024 8:30 pm

Bad news for our goalie ,just hope Rulli wont make any mistakes like Ramaj did last night

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za apr 06, 2024 8:42 pm

AZ gave up five more goals today in Eindhoven. They are trying their best to hand fourth to Ajax but our club is not taking advantage.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 07, 2024 10:54 am

I will be at cricket today , season starts far too early but its a sunny day here on the south coast. Will follow he game and who knows we may get a freak win.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo apr 07, 2024 12:04 pm

Don’t want to be too pessimistic but I think we should be worrying about 6th place, not 4th. I would be delighted with a point today.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo apr 07, 2024 2:27 pm

Ouch. Forget about getting it out of their half, how many times did they even get the ball 30 m away from their goal?

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo apr 07, 2024 3:29 pm

:anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:

Well, good counting exercise for early years kids!!
Also a good prediction exercise... won money on every "next goal" 😁😁😁

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo apr 07, 2024 3:32 pm

The worst match (so far) in the worst season I can remember. I hope that’s really the low point. Hard to see how anyone who was on the pitch today will have a future at Ajax after being part of that.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 07, 2024 3:44 pm

This is the first match in a long while that I went into with a great degree of pessimism. I was strongly rewarded as Ajax were thumped in what was the worst performance that I've ever witnessed. Ajax had immobile MFs who were at a loss both offensively and defensively. Even the half time substitution of van den Boomen was wrong. If you are going to go down, at least use youth players who will give it their all. Fitz-Jim at least can handle the ball. I think this season definitely proves what Cruyff said some years ago, "rely on your youth program and only bring in players who can make a contribution." That's the way Ajax has to look ahead now as this season is almost over. I honestly don't care if Ajax end up in Europe or not. They have demonstrated that they are too fragile and I'm not sure this current group can be cured of that. Sure it is hard to prepare your club for a high pressure game having played a mid-week match but so did Feyenoord.

ONE SHOT ON GOAL IN 90 MINUTES IS UNACCEPTABLE.

The only thing I have a problem with is the no call when Hancko shoved Hlynsson to the ground with a hard push from behind; that was a clear foul and Makkele let it go and of course he then cards Kaplan for the exact same play late in the game.

Player Ratings:

Rulli (5) - made some good saves and was lucky that his soft intercepted goal did not find the back of the net
Gaaei (4.5) - nothing good to say
Rensch (4.5) - nothing good to say
Kaplan (4) -over matched
Hatto (4) - only good thing to say is the Cal Ripken streak continues, though his pass sending Rijkoff in was sublime and perhaps the only decent offensive play of the match
Taylor (4) - out of position and it showed
Tahirovic (3) - bad Tahirovic showed up today
Mannswerk (3.5) - supposed to be a defensive MF, you could have fooled me
Hlynsson (4.5) - played hard as always
Bergwijn (4) - not a center forward and why not start Rijkoff
Godts (5) - worked hard but still can only go 60 minutes
van den Boomen (3.5) - can only pass the ball and his defending was woeful
Akpom (5) - did not make any mistakes, faint praise
Vos (5) - hope he can stay healthy as he is the only defensive MF of any quality
Rijkoff (NR) - on late and he had the only shot on goal and was in on goal but had a bad touch

Twente up next Sunday at home and I will go into that one with an optimistic outlook (though disapointment is entirely possible). Happy Sunday to all, the sun is shining brightly in Bethesda and I will now go for a walk with my Ajax shirt, thinking not of today but the many great memories this club has brought me.

Adios Amigos!!!!
Laatst gewijzigd door Orange14 op zo apr 07, 2024 4:07 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo apr 07, 2024 3:51 pm

Well, I've got my Ajax shirt on here in St Petersburg... sensibly, I chose to wear my black away shirt.. it shows my feelings on today's result!!

34 will always be with us

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 07, 2024 4:07 pm

saddlerian schreef:
zo apr 07, 2024 3:51 pm

Well, I've got my Ajax shirt on here in St Petersburg... sensibly, I chose to wear my black away shirt.. it shows my feelings on today's result!!

I'm wearing my Bob Marley shirt today and will continue until next season's home shirt comes out. I may burn the current one!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 07, 2024 7:45 pm

Was sitting in the sun watching my cricket , I dont have a smart phone so at about the 75 min mark my mate said shall I give you an update and gave me his phone to prove it was 6-0 . All I could do was laugh pathetic.NEC had won so we are 6th and I dont expect us to win the playoffs.We are at our lowest point in my lifetime I have followed them.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 08, 2024 12:02 pm

Of all the new players signed in the summer it is the 3 Mf who are the weakest.We needed 2 quality experienced MF but signed 3 DM and then in January spent a fortune on a veteran who is not fit . We had young Mf talents but just needed a couple of experienced ones .Tahirovic and Mannsverk are Jong Ajax level and only good as back up. But Vos and Fitz-Jim are as good.
Misehouy the best of our youth walks out for nothing.

Playing with 5 at the back and 2 DM has resulted in a win v Utrecht and Zwolle and loads of dropped points. Van t' Schip has Ajax DNA but we are playing football not fit to be associated with Ajax. Dave Vos of Jong Ajax should take over for the rest of the season and hope we win the play offs for Conference football.

Plaats reactie