12 NOV 2023; Almere Dity - Ajax; Match Day 11

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

12 NOV 2023; Almere Dity - Ajax; Match Day 11

Bericht door Orange14 » ma nov 06, 2023 2:03 pm

This should be a winnable match for Ajax who still have the unfinished RKC match to complete. Other than PSV, the other three top teams seem to be dropping points, each standing at 26 though AZ have to complete a match that was stopped by a severe player injury. Our club just needs to keep their focus and do it one match at a time and let the other teams take points from one another.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Re: 12 NOV 2023; Almere Dity - Ajax; Match Day 11

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 12, 2023 1:45 pm

We have to win this ,and would be about 8th .

Vos injured so Mikautadze is in MF ,playing behind Brobbey, along with Hlynsson and Taylor. Back 4 again Rensch,Sutalo,Hato Sosa.These are our best back 4 so hope they stop goals today.3x B's up front

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo nov 12, 2023 3:24 pm

Garbage first half with really no threats on the Almere goal at all. Team just cannot react fast enough when they have the ball. MF, as usual, is totally dysfunctional. Don't know what Van't Schip can do with the players who are healthy.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo nov 12, 2023 3:28 pm

Brobbey’s doing a great job holding up the ball but there’s no one for him to lay it off to. It’s infuriating because there’s acres of space between the lines but no one running into it.

The ideal situation for Davy Klaassen! (Joking)

No idea what Mikautadze is supposed to be doing, he seems to be following a different game plan to everyone else.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo nov 12, 2023 3:36 pm

Tom_ schreef:
zo nov 12, 2023 3:28 pm

No idea what Mikautadze is supposed to be doing, he seems to be following a different game plan to everyone else.
That's my sense as well. I guess he just doesn't like playing in the MF.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 12, 2023 4:02 pm

Almere score ,Ajax pitiful

Akom scores from ko

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 12, 2023 4:30 pm

Ajax utter rubbish ,disgusted with that penalty

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo nov 12, 2023 4:33 pm

Brobbey was so great but the one pass he could not hold up proved to be crushing as he had two players running free. Of this team only Brobbey, Hato, and Sutalo were any good.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo nov 12, 2023 4:33 pm

Brobbey had a great game. Such a shame he didn’t put away that chance from close range.

The midfield and defense, as always, a total shambles.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 12, 2023 4:56 pm

Brobbey was great, but MF is just woeful. Tahirovic did not need to give away that penalty just block the attacker.

Overall we should have won and had chances in the 2nd half but after today I think 5th is about as high as we can finish although Twente ,who will be 4th, can be caught but not with this squad at present.

A right winger, creative MF ,an experienced DMF all needed.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 12, 2023 5:26 pm

We all moan about the new players but Berghuis,Taylor and Rensch are woeful and add nothing.Berghuis just sell,Taylor completely ineffective and Rensch is not as good as Gaaei.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo nov 12, 2023 5:48 pm

Any thoughts that Ajax had turned the corner were dispelled in another horrible performance against Almere City. Two conceded goals off of major mistakes proved the undoing of a team that was sluggish in the build up and just could not challenge the Almere GK enough. Van't Schip put out a changed lineup but the MF continues to be dysfunctional and Ajax just cannot get enough players into dangerous attacking situations. It's going to be this way for the remainder of the season and the only thing we can possibly look forward to is a good run in the Cup competition as they certainly won't be in Europe come next year. I have to single out Brobbey who was tireless all game long and his only failure came at the end of the match when he lost possession with tow players who were unmarked and would be in on goal. Hato took over the Captain's armband when Bergwijn was subbed off and the last young Captain we had was de Ligt. Speaking of de Ligt, anyone remember if this team has ever scored off a corner kick this season?

Player Ratings:

Ramaz (5.5) - upfield kicking was the only positive from his game
Rensch (4.5) - major mistake on not doing better controlling the ball that came back to him off a corner kick; Almere got the ball of the turnover and were off to the races for 1-0; he is not good enough
Sutalo (7) - one lazy pass but otherwise more than decent
Hato (7.5) - rock solid game again
Sosa (5) - one trick pony who really doesn't match up very well with Bergwihn and he's maybe not even as good as Martha
Taylor (5) - total lack of confidence in all aspects but did have a good shot off the post
Hlynsson (5) - a prospect who is still not ready for prime time
Mikautadze (4) - he seemed to be sleepwalking playing a game that nobody else was
Berghuis (4.5) - I hope this is his last season here at Ajax
Brobbey (7.5) - half point off for losing the ball when there was a possible break away but superb in all other aspect except in controlling his temper
Bergwijn (5.5) - had the ball a lot but other than one or two shots did not do much, Godts is the LW of the future for Ajax
Tahirovic (4.5) - unlikely savior of the day with his goal but ends up being the supreme goat yet again
Forbs (4.5) - just seems not to have any control or idea of what to do when he has the ball
Gaaei (5.5) - worked hard and didn't make any mistakes which is fain prase
Akbom (6) - didn't even know he came and he quickly scores
Godts (NR) - on late

Fortunately for us, we won't be able to watch Ajax until the end of the month as there is a break coming up for Euro qualifications. It will require stout hearts from all of us to stay strong during this dreadful period.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 12, 2023 7:20 pm

Sutalo is settling down ,Hato is class and Brobbey MOM but the rest of them,except Godts and Hlynsson can all leave the club ,they are not good enough .Full backs poor, MF non existant and Bergwijn and Berghuis need to go in January,dont want to see these 2 wear our shirt again.

If we are going to finish 6 th or 7th lets just build on youth.Vos, Goojer,Misehouy Godts,Martha,Hlynsson and V A Dongen plus Hato should be the basis with 3 or 4 experienced signings. Sutalo,Brobbey to stay and Akpom as sub.If he gets fit Kaplan will play.Already showed last week in 2 brief games for Jong he is quality.

This season's team is one of the poorest i have seen and their results show the worst team in 70 years of pro footy.Lets just start from scratch and go back to youth .Its what we are famous for and what the whole world knows we are good at.Johan would be crying watching todays crap

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma nov 13, 2023 6:55 pm

Saw the entire game on my phone while on vacation. Shambles of a first half. We were leading 2-1 into injury time and decided to go get a 3rd. Brobbey had 2 open runners on his right at the half way line, but couldn't make a simple pass. The counter from that lead to the penalty which also was so unnecessary.

Also the 5-0-5 formation doesn't work and isn't needed when you're leading 2-1 in injury time. Stating the obvious.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » ma nov 13, 2023 7:35 pm

:anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:
It does seem that Ajax will have to go back to the de Ligt ERA and build a new team around one or two players. Hato, Brobbey and Sutalo can stay, possibly Aktom as well, as a possible more flexible formation with Brobbey + Aktom both playing...with a suitable ATTACKING winger, things might start to change!
I am sick and tired of seeing wingers charging down the wing, beating players, only to see them stop and pass backwards!!
So Ajax have 2 centre backs..a probable left back in Martha...all that's needed is, as every team seems to search for, a good Number 10.. someone who can be a club legend, like Snjeider...not Taylor 🤭, as holding midfielders who just defend..are no use in an attacking team!
Also, it may be time to part company with Rensch..he seems to be a liability now...at times being very thuggish!!
Hlynsson is one for the future, but needs to be beefed up and ready to take some hard knocks!!
It will take another few years to develop and build up a team...but it can be done. The board have got some tough decisions to make..either build a team and "save" the club, by giving and enforcing contracts, or selling developing talent which will start the up and down cycle again!
Build & keep, or sell & suffer.
:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:
34 will always be with us

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 13, 2023 9:12 pm

Watched the highlights a few minutes ago , Tahirovic only needed to stay on his feet and goal side of the Almere player and no threat.A horror of a penalty even if this was a youth game.

As for their 1st well Gaaei ,who cannot defend,was running with Bergwijn with the attacker but Gaaei just left the goalscorer run unmarked where Gaaei should be .

Having a go at 2 young signings but these 2 along with Forbs are no better than our own youth. Vos ,Fitz-Jim VA Dongen and Godts plus Gooijer or Regeer.

I go on about the poor summer signings but agree Rensch needs to go and take Taylor with him .Berghuis and Bergwijn as seniors are failing and hopefully will go in January.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di nov 14, 2023 2:18 pm

The late failed break away is not in the official Ajax highlights. I went back to the full game replay on US ESPN to watch it and see what the problem was. Forbs made a good up field pass that was maybe a touch too soft but it did reach Brobbey who was in a position to run. It was difficult to see if he had a problem with the first touch and it was a great run back from the Almere player to dispossess Brobbey. I'm sure fatigue played a part as Brobbey ran hard all mach long, was held and pushed as well. This was the 90th minute of a close game. I really do not blame Brobbey for this at all. If you want Ajax to attack this is something that will happen.

I don't share others views of Taylor. When he plays for Jong Oranje he does very well. I think the pressure at Ajax is something he is having a problem with. Last season he scored some very good goals and didn't seem out of sorts as he does this season. Fitz-Jim got his first start of the season last weekend and I caught a bit of the match on ESPN. His passing was exemplary as usual but I'm not sure he has the physical tools to make it at Ajax. He was always a mediocre defender at Jong Ajax

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di nov 14, 2023 2:48 pm

Agree Brobbey is no way to blame for that goal ,Tahirovic should have stayed on his feet.

Taylor may indeed have problems with the pressure at Ajax.If he had 2 quality MF and a settled side performing maybe the pressure would be a lot less.

My quote of Fitz-Jim and other youths was to show they would be good enough backups if we had bought 2 or 3 quality experienced players in. No point in buying young players who are no better than what we have. Should have added Misehouy to my list as I rate him .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di nov 14, 2023 5:00 pm

SPL schreef:
di nov 14, 2023 2:48 pm
My quote of Fitz-Jim and other youths was to show they would be good enough backups if we had bought 2 or 3 quality experienced players in. No point in buying young players who are no better than what we have. Should have added Misehouy to my list as I rate him .
Totally agree. Mannswerk appears to be healthy and I'm anxious to see whether he is any good. He is one of the most highly ranked Norwegian youth players but other than Erling Haaland and Martin Odegaard, I'm not sure there are many talented Norwegian football players these days.

Plaats reactie