05 OCT 2023; AEK - Ajax; EL Group Match 2

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: 05 OCT 2023; AEK - Ajax; EL Group Match 2

Bericht door SPL » vr okt 06, 2023 11:33 am

Was a pretty bad game but at least we got a point , although I did fear they would score late. Not impressed by Sutalo or Avila and Akpom was a non event,how on earth have we signed him ! I think Brobbey has been playing well recently so buying 2 backup strikers .cost 30m is crazy.

At least Brighton are struggling and anyone can win this group.We should keep with the core Dutch players and just bring in the new players gradually but I fear many are not going to be good enough.

Next up AZ and this could see Steijn sacked if we lose. AZ doing well in the league but they are beatable.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr okt 06, 2023 1:20 pm

Steijn continues to figure out his starting 11 and until that happens, tactics are always going to be secondary. Vos, Taylor and Berghuis appear to be the MF trio going forward and that's OK. Same with Bergwijn, Brobbey, and Forbs up front. However, the back line continues to puzzle. Rensch played well last night and as long as he can keep his head in the game, he will be a serviceable RB, not a defender like Tete or someone who can go forward like Mazraoui. Is Sutalo really any good? He is good enough to start for the Croatian NT but just doesn't fit in with Ajax and makes some poor decisions. Avila claims that he is a left central defender but was horrible with his passing yesterday while Hato said in the post match conference that he prefers playing in the center rather than at LB. This has to be sorted out and Steijn as the trainer needs to solve this ASAP.

The team will continue to be mediocre until the defense is settled. Steijn cannot afford to continue shuffling defenders around hoping that by chance he will luck out. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is any other trainer around that would have a better solution with this group.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za okt 07, 2023 2:54 am

I would say Bergwijn, Taylor and Berghuis are less than OK :)

I do think Hato, Vos and Brobbey could be good enough to make the backbone of a really good team.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za okt 07, 2023 9:07 pm

Not a great fan of Bergwijn and Taylor or Berghuis but biggest problem is defence. Our only good Cd is Hato but he now has to play LB whilst Avila plays Cd and looks poor. I think we should give Medic a game instead of Sutalo as he is the weakest link.

Plaats reactie