02 NOV 2023; Ajax - FC Volendam; Match Day 9

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

02 NOV 2023; Ajax - FC Volendam; Match Day 9

Bericht door Orange14 » zo sep 24, 2023 3:31 pm

Home match against Volendam on Wednesday and the question is whether any supporters will be permitted. Obviously this game is not taking place this week.
Laatst gewijzigd door Orange14 op vr sep 29, 2023 4:03 pm, 2 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Re: 27 SEP 2023; Ajax - FC Volendam; Match Day 6

Bericht door SPL » zo sep 24, 2023 3:43 pm

F side should be closed or put them behind a net . Schreuder was sacked after the Volendam draw earlier in the year. Mislintat and the Supervisory Board should all go they are responsible for the mess.The coach is poor but even Guardiola would struggle with these players.

Orange14

Re: 02 NOV 2023; Ajax - FC Volendam; Match Day 9

Bericht door Orange14 » vr sep 29, 2023 4:03 pm

FA just announced the new date for the make up match with Volendam, Thursday, November 2
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo okt 29, 2023 5:47 pm

Moving this up to the top of the queue. Forgot that I already created this thread!!! Let's hope for a win.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do nov 02, 2023 7:12 pm

John Van't Schip's first game in charge.

We have Martha starting at LB. I thought he was a winger. SPL - what are your thoughts about this?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do nov 02, 2023 7:32 pm

Martha has played just 6 games for Jong this season as a LB but has always been a right winger.They have played him as a LB due to there being no one else for the position .Gooijer has played there but is now used as a CD .

All this says is that Avila is not good enough as a LB and with Sosa injured clearly they rate Martha better than Salahh-Eddine .
I hope Godts ,Vos and Gooijer get playing time tonight.Ajax has to go back to its youth .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do nov 02, 2023 7:49 pm

Even if we win 1-0 with a 95th min penalty or OG lets just win .Defeat does not bare thinking about

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do nov 02, 2023 7:50 pm

Amazing that Martha is starting. BTW, I have a choral concert tonight and won't get player ratings posted until either later tonight of first thing tomorrow.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do nov 02, 2023 8:50 pm

So much good play but they still don't score. I think if this team can ever score a couple of goals it will settle them down. Volendam don't look very good but that doesn't matter if they keep things tight. Ajax are capable of making mistakes.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do nov 02, 2023 9:58 pm

One down and 25 more to win!!! Ratings later.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do nov 02, 2023 10:02 pm

Clean sheet! I didn't believe, I'll see those this year again :)

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do nov 02, 2023 10:10 pm

Blimey we won a game and dear old Chuba Akpom scored and hit the post twice.If only that RKC game had been completed the next day or the Monday and we had held on for the 3 points we would now be well up the table. I still predict we will be 6th or 7th by Christmas maybe 5th. We must now try and put some wins together.

Defence did well enough tonight although Martha played well going forward he is not a defender but Salah-Eddine was poor. Gaaei had a good game going forward and Ramaj with a couple of important saves.Brobbey and Bergwijn worked hard but Berghuis is not a winger and we need to buy a decent quality right winger.

Anyway we must all be happy a win is a win.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr nov 03, 2023 2:36 am

We got a win!!! We dared to play football again and actually managed to score a couple goals! Lots of things can be improved, but lets enjoy this win.

I don't care if it was against Volendam. Such a huge difference from just 10 days ago from that piss poor game against Utrecht.

Steijn was horrible and I'm so happy we got rid of him when we did.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr nov 03, 2023 2:48 am

Ajax not only scored two goals but also behind a couple of really nice saves by Ramaj, kept a clean sheet. The club moves out of the relegation zone with the three points and they still have the unfinished Waalwijk match which could mean another three points. Van't Schip only made one change from the team that played last weekend giving Ar'jany Martha his first senior match at LB. Martha played better than any LB that we have seen this season and it goes to show if you have faith in the youth, good things will happen. The team was more cohesive on defense with the caveat this was Volendam they were playing. However, the large gaps in the Volendam defense were taken advantage and Ajax had lots of chances to score with three clangers off the wood work. Let's hope that the club has turned the corner and can move on to better things.

Player Ratings:

Ramaj (7.5) -two fantastic saves on the day
Gaaei (6.5) - still has some defensive problems but he does go forward with intent
Sutalo (7) - not terribly challenged in the game and his passing was good
Hato (7) - good again and hard to believe he is only 17
Martha (7) - solid match and I hope he came off with just some cramping; Ajax may have solved the LB problem
van den Boomen (7) - great passing all game long but deflected a ball over the head of Hato that sent an attacker in on goal
Taylor (7) - worked hard all game and had a couple of chances on goal
Hlynsson (6.5) - decent enough performance
Berghuis (6.5) - OK performance with a couple of shots on goal
Brobbey (6) - put in a solid shift all over the field
Bergwijn (7) - got the match winner and clanged a second off the post
Salah-Eddine (5) - lots of speed but he often can't mark his man
Akbom (6.5) - two clangers off the post and one that went in for his first Ajax goal
Vos (NR) - on late for Taylor
Godts (NR) - on late for Hlynsson

Heerenveen up this weekend followed by Brighton at home in the Europa League. Let's see Ajax run the table in the Eredivisie and they will end up with over 80 points!!! :ajaxsmiley.gif:

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr nov 03, 2023 8:48 am

The main thing for me is that they managed to play most of the game in the opponent’s half. This team hasn’t done that very often. Yes, there were still more mistakes in this match than you’d want to see all season, but at least it’s more like the attacking football we’re used to.

Plaats reactie