24 AUG 2023; Ludogorets - Ajax; Europa League Playoff

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

24 AUG 2023; Ludogorets - Ajax; Europa League Playoff

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 19, 2023 6:37 pm

Ajax travel to Bulgaria to take on Ludogorets following a boring 2-2 draw against Excelsior. Fortunately, they don't play a league match next weekend so they can just focus on qualifying for the 2nd tier of Euro football. I guess we will see some more transfer activity but unless we bring in Erling Haaland, I don't expect much improvement in personnel.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Re: 24 AUG 2023; Ludogorets - Ajax; Europa League Playoff

Bericht door Orange14 » di aug 22, 2023 1:10 pm

Ajax are scheduled to fly to Bulgaria on Wednesday. Akbom and Sutalo will not play as they have not been registered with UEFA. Akbom still does not have a work permit (why does this take so long?).
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di aug 22, 2023 1:49 pm

I’ve applied for work permits in the EU, and I’m amazed that they process them so quickly for footballers! I expect it’s more efficient in the Netherlands than in France, where I did it.

AS say Sutalo is out of the tie because he played for Zagreb in the CL qualifiers, but Akpom could be added for the second leg if he gets his permit.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di aug 22, 2023 8:37 pm

Totally forgot that Berghuis can play on Thursday as his ban is only for Eredivisie matches. :blub.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 23, 2023 7:53 pm

With Mola TV for all League games I have BT sports ,now TNT. and every Europa and Conference game will be shown live from group stages but not this tie. I have decided not to find an illegal stream ,they are cutting down on them in Uk. Probably wont bother with our cup games pity Mola does not show them.

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » do aug 24, 2023 6:17 pm

SPL schreef:With Mola TV for all League games I have BT sports ,now TNT. and every Europa and Conference game will be shown live from group stages but not this tie. I have decided not to find an illegal stream ,they are cutting down on them in Uk. Probably wont bother with our cup games pity Mola does not show them.
I found that as well. I am however looking for a stream, so if anyone has any ideas?
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

FearNoArt

Bericht door FearNoArt » do aug 24, 2023 6:27 pm

I´m Always using this one https://buffstreams.sx/watch-live-soccer
Remember adblocker for your own good..
Rock on Ajax!!!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 24, 2023 7:53 pm

Solid first half and even the dicey players are having a good match. Amazing play by Rensch with a nice tackle so Kudus could score and then a good tackle in the box to prevent a shot. Wijndal is above average and Taylor is actually having a fine game. 0-3 at the half, Kudus on two and Brobbey with a header on a pass from Wijndal.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 24, 2023 8:58 pm

A very easy win and Kudus on fire in what will be his last game.Saudi Arabians now interested so we may get 50 m for him .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 24, 2023 9:12 pm

Ajax were tidy with their finishing and with some excellent goal keeping from Gorter, they leave Bulgaria a 1-4 winner. The loan Ludogorets goal came from a PK following a hand ball by Hato in the box. the defense is still frail with Medic error prone. I hope that Sutalo's availability after this play off will solve that problem. If this was Kudus's last match in an Ajax shirt he certainly went out a star with three goals. Brobbey had the fourth off a very nice pass from Wijndal. Ajax have a full week's rest courtesy of the Dutch FA ahead of the rematch in Amsterdam.

Player Ratings:

Gorter (7.5) - outstanding in goal following a pretty quiet first half, making some really difficult saves; he still tends to get excited when he makes a good save
Rensch (7) - solid game with two very nice interventions, one portentially saving a goal and the second getting the ball deep in the attacking half to Kudus who scored
Medic (4.5) - at least he did not cost as much as Bassey
Hato (6.5) - decent enough
Wijndal (6.5) - better performance but Avila may start once he gets his papers sorted out
Tahirovic (7) - quietly quite good
Taylor (7) - best match in some time, good on the ball and his passing well thought out
Berghuis (6) - above average, but this was his first game of the season
Kudus (8) - three well taken goals and if he leaves, this was a good statement to make
Brobbey (6) - nice reaction to the Wijndal pass and headed in the third goal of the night; subbed off at halftime
Bergwijn (6.5) - great assist to Kudus for his hat trick and solid otherwise
Forbs (6.5) - took over for Brobbey in the 2nd half
Klaassen (5.5) - on for Berghuis
van den Boomen (5) - on for Taylor
Godts (NR) - on late and almost scored in the waning minutes

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do aug 24, 2023 10:15 pm

Saw the full game and really liked how we played in the 1st half. Standouts for me the 1st half were Kudus (of course), Rensch, Berghuis and actually Tahirovic.

For the 2nd half, after Brobbey was pulled out, we weren't able to push their defenders as much. I did like Forbs on the left side and he had two explosive runs one of which ended up in the 4th goal.

Plaats reactie