05 MAR 2023; Ajax - NEC; Match Day 24

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

05 MAR 2023; Ajax - NEC; Match Day 24

Bericht door Orange14 » do mar 02, 2023 11:29 pm

After a routine cup win on Thursday, Ajax will host NEC this Sunday.

AZ are away at Vitesse on Friday. Feyenoord host Groningen on Saturday while PSV are away at RKC.

Ajax still need to win out; this has not changed.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Re: 05 MAR 2023; Ajax - NEC; Match Day 24

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 05, 2023 4:39 pm

Bassey Cd,Alvarez DM ,Taylor sub . All the other 3 top sides won 1-0 but I would like to see us win by at least 3 goals.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 05, 2023 5:39 pm

Very uninspiring so far by Ajax and I think winning by 3 goals is very optimistic , i would be happy with a 1-0.
Still not a great fan of our MF,Alvarez is mainly a 5th defender, the other 2 tend to drift in and out .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 05, 2023 6:54 pm

Well a very hard fought win and apart from the goal we had no real great chances and there was always the prospect of NEC nicking a point but we worked hard and held on. I know it is to waste time but subs in ET should be for injuries only .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mar 05, 2023 7:30 pm

The lone goal from Mo Kudus stood up and Ajax pulled to within 3 of Feyenoord. The Ajax defense held up OK but still seems vulnerable to counters. Cillessen made some good saves for NAC to keep the goal count at one. I think it's going to be this kind of grind not only for Ajax but the rest of the top table teams who only seem to be able to win matches by a single goal but that's what you have to do to become a champion.

Player Ratings:

Rulli (6) - didn't have much to do other than watch a couple shots go way wide of the frame and distributed the ball well
Rensch (6.5) - had a decent match today both defending and moving up in the attack
Timber (7) - solid game and had some dangerous runs into the box
Bassey (7) - rock solid on defense and now that he is just playing CB, he seems to be settling in
Wijndal (6.5) - better on overlaps today
Alvarez (7.5) - MOTM for me as he was rock solid defending and winning balls in the MF
Berghuis (6.5) - decent enough handling the ball
Klaassen (6) - just above ordinary
Kudus (7.5) - got the match winner and was dangerous all game long when in possession
Tadic (7) - one of the better games from our Captain
Bergwijn (7) - good with the ball and tried to create openings for a shot on goal
Taylor (5.5) - OK for the final 25 minutes
Brobbey (6) - worked really hard to get possession in deep
Grillitsch (NR) - on late
Concecao (NR) - on late

Next Week's Games for the leaders:

Heerenveen - Ajax
AZ - Groningen
PSV - Cambbur
Feyenoord - Volendam

Ajax and AZ have difficult matches. Groningen are fighting relegation and beginning to play well. Heerenveen are not a team that can be taken lightly.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 05, 2023 8:00 pm

Volendam have been doing well since the winter break and wont be easy .

Back to today and Bassey played well and is starting to settle in well.we should just keep him at CD from now on.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma mar 06, 2023 9:20 am

It all feels pretty tense right now, but there are 10 rounds to go and I expect all of the top teams will drop some points along the way. Having said that, Ajax really do need to beat Feyenoord in the ArenA in two weeks’ time.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 06, 2023 12:40 pm

Have to add that when Taylor came on for Berghuis we had 3 non creative MF and the football was not great. Surely Grillitsch should have come on for the last 10-15 mins .Grillitsch and Fitz-Jim getting no time against the small clubs so we cannot expect to see them in the closing rounds when we play Feyenoord ,PSV, AZ and Twente.

Looking at the title race the others will drop points and I would not like to predict how it will end.All I do know is that we should have easily beaten Vitesse,Emmen ,NEC and Volendam in that 7 match spell.Those 8 points would now make us clear favourites. If we finish 2nd or even 3rd then it wont just be Schreuder to blame but Van der Sar who should clearly have sacked him after the Emmen game when the players gave up!

Still 10 games to go and I think we will beat Feyenoord in 2 weeks time but those last 5 games include PSV,AZ Twente will be very tough .Groningen away wont be easy as they will be fighting hard to stay up.

Plaats reactie