06 NOV 2022; Ajax - PSV; Match Day 12

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

06 NOV 2022; Ajax - PSV; Match Day 12

Bericht door Orange14 » wo nov 02, 2022 12:44 pm

PSV coming up on Sunday. Wijndal reinjured his ankle so I'm figuring he won't play. I would prefer a quick FB such as Rensch over Blind. I hope Brobbey is health enough to start. Ajax really need to win this one.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Re: 06 NOV 2022; Ajax - PSV; Match Day 12

Bericht door Tom_ » za nov 05, 2022 12:58 am

Games against PSV can be unpredictable but I’m expecting this to be a difficult game.

If PSV press well I think Ajax will be in trouble. Schreuder’s usual lineup doesn’t have the quality on the ball to pass their way through a good press, but that has been the game plan anyway.

They have also been put off their game by aggressive opponents and I think PSV will use that too.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo nov 06, 2022 3:57 pm

schreuder leaves blind on the bench and starts kudus together with brobbey

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 06, 2022 4:44 pm

Good line up Kudus finally at 10

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo nov 06, 2022 5:37 pm

Bassey again with another major mistake in letting de Jong get goal side of him. I can't wait for some of the youth central defenders to come up to the first team, Ajax have done poorly at buying replacements. Both Sanchez and Rensch have had decent games on defense against very skilled players. Schreuder looks to have the tactics right finally by dropping Berghuis way back as an outlet. Ajax had the better of the play and I hope they can score in the second half.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo nov 06, 2022 5:37 pm

weak half with kudus almost equalizing. little again coming from tadic. this is the type of game we usually don’t do well in and psv do

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo nov 06, 2022 5:40 pm

kezme44 schreef:
zo nov 06, 2022 5:37 pm
weak half with kudus almost equalizing. little again coming from tadic. this is the type of game we usually don’t do well in and psv do
The drop off in Tadic's skills are a result of age and he is really not adding much in games such as this one. He's fine against mid-table Eredivisie sides but can't compete at the high level any longer. He's a half step slow and can't beat anyone these days.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 06, 2022 5:44 pm

Poor by Ajax and I would take a draw at present. Bassey gives away a goal and frankly is not good enough 23m for a player from the mickey mouse scottish div.Have to say ,apart from Brobbey ,who we had to buy back, I am not impressed with any of the other 9 signings.Looking at the bench ,Conceicao may get a few minutes but Blind and Klaassen are too slow to start and Taylor wont add to anything.

Our squad is not good enough .100 m spent and at present mostly wasted. Bergwijn 31m !!!!,has done nothing today

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo nov 06, 2022 6:09 pm

if we lose this game, which looks like we will, I think schreuder should go. we haven’t won any of the key games this season, neither in the cl or league, and before it gets even worse, he needs to go.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 06, 2022 6:54 pm

Well from 80th minute when we took Kudus and Tadic off we did give it a go but PSV have a much stronger defence than us. I did think we got lucky with the Rensch penalty.

The coach is poor but to repeat myself our squad is not strong enough and our defence is woeful .Timber struggles with Bassey next to him . Maybe Bassey should play LB and we can then buy a proper quality LCD.

22 games to go but unless we sort out our defence we will give away many more points and the title.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo nov 06, 2022 7:08 pm

So I watch Leeds United matches. Leeds have real troubles defending but they had a manager who has instilled a sense of purpose in the team and they press all over the field regardless of the consequences. Some times it works some times not, but there is a passion about the team. This Ajax team is pretty much absent purpose, passion, and goals. It's pretty much disgusting to watch. The club splurges €100m on new players and for the most part they are not even as good as some of those playing for Jong Ajax. Get back to the Cruyff vision and develop good players in the academy and give them a chance to perform. Play good pressing football. This club is not good enough for the Europa League nor the Eredivisie and they have been flattered by a pretty weak schedule in the league so far.

At least Schreuder sent Blind to the bench and he subbed off Tadic so maybe there is some hope after all. Unfortunately, two mistakes led to the only goals PSV got and it was enough despite Lucca pegging one back. Even with 7 minutes of added time, Ajax had trouble getting a shot on goal. I look at Leeds and think what Jesse Marsch could do with the players at Ajax. I double Schreuder gets sacked during the season but he's shown he is not up to the job. Alas, maybe Hamstra and Huntelaar are over their heads as well. Money doesn't grow on trees in Amsterdam but the transfers this season sure make it look like it.

Pasveer (6) - had no chance on either goal and was lucky a third was called back by VAR
Sanchez (6) - pretty decent game and he did do a fair job containing Gakpo as well as overlapping well on offense
Timber (6) - I'm pretty sure that he wants to be anywhere else other than Amsterdam right now
Bassey (6) - failed the one time he really needed to do the job and he knew it but otherwise was OK
Rensch (6) - got lucky with VAR but surprisingly did a good job on Simons who was not much of a factor
Alavarez (6) - had a lot of headers but did not find the net
Berghuis (6.5) - did well dropping back for the outlet to break the press and worked hard all game
Kudus (6) - honestly don't know what to think; he was playing his preferred position but was a non-factor, maybe he needs another club to sparkle
Bergwijn (4.5) - even when he moved to the left side he was not effective, maybe he will shine for the Dutch NT but right now looks like a waste of money
Brobbey (5) - battled hard and took a lot of punishment, unfortunately he could not get the ball where he had any chance of scoring
Tadic (4.5) - times up, you need to move into coaching as the skills to make things happen on the field are no longer there
Tayor (3) - just awful from a player who at one time was the star of the academy
Lucca (5.5) - well taken goal and maybe he's a diamond in the rough but I wonder if Ajax keep him after this season
Klaassen (4.5) - WHY IS HE EVEN A CHOICE SUB WITH THE SCORELINE AS IT WAS?????????????????

The postponed Vitesse home match in mid-week and FC Emmen next weekend to close out the first part of the season. I'll always have Leeds United to watch -- 'Marching on together......'

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 06, 2022 7:18 pm

Agree ratings and watching Ajax this season has been a struggle,basically the football we play is dreadful.
still think Bassey looks more like a LB than LCD but we have wasted a heck of alot of money on average players.Overmars would have made better signings.

The coach should be sacked and if we struggle v Vittesse then maybe the fans will give him the white hankies

Plaats reactie