11 APR 2021; RKC Waalwijk - Ajax; Match Day 28

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

11 APR 2021; RKC Waalwijk - Ajax; Match Day 28

Bericht door Orange14 » vr apr 09, 2021 1:17 pm

Ajax have only a couple of days to get over the poor result in last night's EL contest as they take on RKC this Sunday. 11 points ahead of joint second place teams PSV and AZ with a game in hand. RKC lie in the bottom part of the table and are still not free of relegation worries.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Re: 11 APR 2021; RKC Waalwijk - Ajax; Match Day 28

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 11, 2021 11:54 am

We need to win this ,not just because we still need about 7 points max(our GD is about +30 better than PSV and AZ) but mainly to give ourselves a boost for Roma after throwing away the game the other night.

Just reading Showtime and loads of fans speculating on our lineup but we dont know if Steks or Schuurs are fit.This is a crunch week of our season.Win today and its really 4 points needed from 6 games , Thursday Roma and next Sunday the cup final.

ETH will rest one or two players and hopefully give Kudus some minutes but I dont see Labyad Idrissi Ekkelenkamp or Klaiber starting like a few of the posters on Showtime want.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 11, 2021 4:01 pm

That's why we paid the big money. Great goal from Haller
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 11, 2021 4:41 pm

We appear comfortably in charge of the game but need a quick 2nd to relax.Nice goal by Haller.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo apr 11, 2021 4:53 pm

anyone else falling asleep watching this one?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 11, 2021 5:46 pm

The longer it went on at 1-0 I feared a late RKC goal. They had one chance ,hit the crossbar and most of the game in their half but we created little.

Haller scored the winner and great but apart from that his contribution was poor.KJH even 2 years ago was in different class and I like Brobbey but Haller is just a goal poacher and has scored vital goals.

Our squad is looking thin and the 3 subs today did little.Idrissi not used and can anyone explain what he is actually doing at Ajax!

5 points for the title although with superior GD 4 is good enough.Roma is going to be tough this week.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo apr 11, 2021 5:47 pm

Why take a clear shot at net when you can make three or four pitty pat passes that eventually get cleared harmlessly away instead? Must be deep strategic thinking going on. Walking the ball into the goal must be worth more than shooting it in.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 11, 2021 5:48 pm

The first 20 minutes were interesting and the last 70 minutes woeful and more worthy of a nap than watching football. Let's hope that the meandering play gave the players enough rest for the two big matches coming up this week. Haller had a very nice goal which proved to be the match winner. Scherpen was hardly tested directly though I wonder if he just thought the free kick was going over the bar and was lucking that the cross bar was his friend. No MOTM for me today as there was just a lot of average play.

Player Ratings:

Scherpen (5.5) - distributed the ball well but maybe should have been more active on the free kick
Tagliafico (6) - very active all game long but the final pass wasn't there
Martinez (6.5) - solid on the backline
Timber (6) - had a real good run with the ball but was clumsy at the end with a turnover
Rensch (5.5) - had a nice intervention to break up a scoring chance and then came off with an apparent hamstring problem
Alvarez (5.5) - defensively decent but his passing was too defensive
Gravenberch (5.5) - looked too disinterested to do anything cutting edge
Klaassen (6) - active enough
Tadic (6) - nice assist to Haller but little else
Haller (6) - got the game winner and that's about it
Antony (5.5) - saw a lot of the ball but couldn't figure out what to do when he had it
Kudus (5) - nothing good, nothing bad, just a boring performance
Klaiber (5.5) - on for Rensch and did make a couple of good defensive plays
Neres (5) - looked like he phoned this one in

Two trophies on the line with the return match against Roma where Ajax need two goals out of the box and then the cup final against Vitesse. I hope the football is more interesting.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo apr 11, 2021 5:50 pm

Ajax is running on fumes. Too many injured. Don’t see us getting a win in Rome. We need to go for the double. Cupfinal will be difficult enough since we don’t score too many goals this period.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 11, 2021 6:41 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:
zo apr 11, 2021 5:50 pm
Ajax is running on fumes. Too many injured. Don’t see us getting a win in Rome. We need to go for the double. Cupfinal will be difficult enough since we don’t score too many goals this period.
You cannot play two matches a week indefinitely and expect players to escape injury or be at their peak. Roma are a mediocre team but so is Ajax right now. Personally, I would start Brobbey at #9 with Tadic and Antony on the wings. It will take a colossal collapse like the 1964 Philadelphia Phillies in American baseball for Ajax not to win the league title: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_Phil ... 22Phold%22 I was 17 and an avid baseball fan. I never imagined that they would roll over so easy given the quality of their team. Anything can happen in sports.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 11, 2021 6:51 pm

We would have to lose all our remaining league games to lose the title. Ajax 72 points,AZ and PSV can only get to 76 each and our GD is over +30 better than both.

I do think we will get ko'd by Roma,will be a tight game but they will score and we will never get 3 on current form.We really are getting too many injuries at the moment .Expect Timber to be RB and Alvarez CD v Roma.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma apr 12, 2021 1:20 am

SPL schreef:
zo apr 11, 2021 6:51 pm
We would have to lose all our remaining league games to lose the title. Ajax 72 points,AZ and PSV can only get to 76 each and our GD is over +30 better than both.

I do think we will get ko'd by Roma,will be a tight game but they will score and we will never get 3 on current form.We really are getting too many injuries at the moment .Expect Timber to be RB and Alvarez CD v Roma.

Ajax had an off game against RKC, however the question remains, ever since the change of the course of the Roma game, does this mean that Ajax are going down hill or a bad patch? either way it doesn't look good, going into the 2nd leg against Roma. If Ajax can score 2 throughout 90 minutes and not concede more than 1, they have a chance. But I am concerned about Stekelenburg, Scherpen makes me nervous when he starts.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 12, 2021 12:16 pm

I think we are having a bad patch since the Int.break. Blind getting injured is a hugh loss and even Steks a loss. Steks has to be fit for Roma ,Scherpen nearly gave away a goal yesterday.He watched that ball from the free kick hit the crossbar but any lower and the ball would have sailed into the net.

Our squad is carrying injuries and we have too many subs who are not good enough.Yesterday we had 11 subs but only Kudus and Neres are good enough for the first team. 7 were Young Ajax standard,Kleiber is ok for RKC ADO games and Idrissi no idea as he looked clueless in his odd minutes so far.

For Roma Neres replaces Haller and for Rensch Kudus plays and Alvarez goes back into defence.

Plaats reactie