Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

kezme44

Re: 05 NOV 2019; Chelsea - Ajax; CL Group Match 4

Bericht door kezme44 » di nov 05, 2019 10:59 pm

GangstaRiB schreef::confused.gif: :confused.gif: :confused.gif: :confused.gif:

Totally bonkers, this game.

4-4.. great result!

We owned Chelsea before the ref decided to invent his own rules. :1evil.gif:
really? we were leading 4-1 and conceded 3, valencia won and now 3 teams on 7 points, and blind and veltman out for the next game

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di nov 05, 2019 11:01 pm

How did we get a point with 9 men .Total insane game. No idea why they got a 2nd penalty he plays on and punishes us twice.

We only need to beat Valencia to qualify and its Lieel next without Blind and Veltman.

Totally exhausted now!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » di nov 05, 2019 11:03 pm

can someone remove steve nash from the commentators pannel. little guy need to stfu and watch a bit more football before he comments. fuck me man. you have no idea what you are talking about

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di nov 05, 2019 11:03 pm

Our home kit + black socks always brings insanity. I was fearing the worst once I saw the kit.

Can someone please tell Ajax management? We really need a 3rd kit.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di nov 05, 2019 11:05 pm

kezme44 schreef:can someone remove steve nash from the commentators pannel. little guy need to stfu and watch a bit more football before he comments. fuck me man. you have no idea what you are talking about
Yeah the guy is an idiot. Has no idea about anything. Usually supports any team which has money over the other team. Simple.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » di nov 05, 2019 11:08 pm

kezme44 schreef:

4-4.. great result!

really? we were leading 4-1 and conceded 3, valencia won and now 3 teams on 7 points, and blind and veltman out for the next game
Keeping it 4-4 with two man down and 30 minutes to go because the ref decided to be the big star... fucking great.
Did you see the game when it was 11 vs 11?

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » di nov 05, 2019 11:18 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:
kezme44 schreef:

4-4.. great result!

Keeping it 4-4 with two man down and 30 minutes to go because the ref decided to be the big star... fucking great.
Did you see the game when it was 11 vs 11?
yup saw the whole game. we were obviously robbed and played great 11 vs 11, in a way the 11 vs 9 was even more impressive, but a crappy result imo. but yes, 1 point vs none is better in those circumstances

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo nov 06, 2019 12:15 am

Look on the bright side, while the system is fixed against Ajax, they still manage to hold on. Now they still have a great chance to finish first, despite the circumstances.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo nov 06, 2019 1:46 am

[
Amol schreef:How is that not offside?
How on earth can they disallow the goal scored by Promes two weeks ago and count this one???????

Amol schreef:
Their 2nd was offside, the foul by Blind which led to his 2nd yellow was right after a foul on an Ajax player wasn't given. The 2nd penalty was slightly a joke and have no idea how that is a yellow.

I have seen this exact same situation at Worldcups multiple times.
The ref stopped the situation then and gave a freekick.

Ten Hag was right in his interview directly after the game, a foul on an Ajax player was made first.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo nov 06, 2019 2:58 am

I just got finished watching the game as I had a meeting this afternoon. I have to say that I've not seen such a weird set of circumstances that resulted in the two players being sent off. It looked like Blind might have been fouled before he recklessly went in for the second YC. I guess Veltman was sent off for dissent as the hand ball wasn't really deserving of a card. Regardless, the two senior players on the team made huge mistakes in the first half by getting silly YCs when they didn't need to. I hate to be critical but that's what cost the match which Ajax should have won. Props to Onana for some great saves and also for all those on the pitch when Ajax lost their two center defenders.

Some great attacking football in the first half and van de Beek's goal in the second was a thing of beauty. Ajax continued to attack all the way to Alvarez's fine shot that forced a good save. Valencia hammered Lille in the other match and Ajax really need two wins to make sure of things.

Player Ratings:

Onana (8.5) - guessed wrong on both PKs but everything else was top notch
Tagliafico (7.5) - really fine game and ran hard until the end
Blind (3) - two YCs from a player who is usually under control
Veltman (4) = some very good defending but the first YC was just dumb since the player was pressed against the sideline and had no where to go
Mazraoui (7) - very nice game and he may have gotten his starting spot back
Martinez (7) - lost some balls that he shouldn't have but decent enough
van de Beek (8) - just plain better than good and his goal was sublime bringing the ball under control and snapping the ball across the keeper
Ziyech (9) - best match in an Ajax shirt
Tadic (7) - really worked hard to control the ball but it was always going to be tough
Neres (7) - played well and under control
Promes (8.5) - second only to Ziyech in impact on the night
Schuurs (6) - stayed strong when he came on and made a couple of good interceptions
Alvarez (6.5) - got a really fine shot off and defended well

ETH did a great job of preparing the team but was undone by the two sending offs.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo nov 06, 2019 3:00 am

Manneken Pis schreef:
GangstaRiB schreef::
The ref was Russian, so technically Chealski own him....
No it was Rocchi from Italy.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo nov 06, 2019 3:01 am

kezme44 schreef:can someone remove steve nash from the commentators pannel. little guy need to stfu and watch a bit more football before he comments. fuck me man. you have no idea what you are talking about
I don't even watch the commentary. they are always biased for English teams.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo nov 06, 2019 4:46 am

What a mess, seriously!

1. First Chelsea pen looked like a dive (no contact?)
2. Second Chelsea goal looked offside but I didn’t see a conclusive replay
3. Blind clearly fouled before fouling Abraham
4. Veltman second yellow for a handball when he didn’t lift his hand

Somehow this all happens in a game **with** VAR???

Despite all this Ajax really should have won after being 4-1 up.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo nov 06, 2019 8:16 am

Orange14 schreef:
I don't even watch the commentary. they are always biased for English teams.
English commentator on my feed - don't know his name but he always mentions Brian Clough at least once per game - started complaining about how VAR was ruining football after Chelsea's goal was disallowed. Good for an eyebrow raise.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo nov 06, 2019 1:57 pm

The day after that mad night of a football match. Feels like I woke up from a nightmare. In any event, Ajax are looking like a team of 'against all odds', since they didn't lose last night. They still have a mediocre team to play in Lille, and then a home game with players back from suspension in Amsterdam. There is still a good chance Ajax can top this group. When i say 'against all odds', meaning everyone is against Ajax, referees, UEFA, even to some degree the media.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo nov 06, 2019 1:59 pm

Tom_ schreef:What a mess, seriously!

1. First Chelsea pen looked like a dive (no contact?)
2. Second Chelsea goal looked offside but I didn’t see a conclusive replay
3. Blind clearly fouled before fouling Abraham
4. Veltman second yellow for a handball when he didn’t lift his hand

Somehow this all happens in a game **with** VAR???

Despite all this Ajax really should have won after being 4-1 up.
I don't know if this is blocked by region but here are the highlights of the match feed we saw in the US:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... VYwXqOGYKU

On #2, it was really close just like the call against Promes two weeks ago. Again, Ajax were on the wrong side of the call. #3, no question about it, Blind was fouled first. #4, another very harsh call; did Veltman was trying to get his arm out of the way but was a little too late. The problem is in the interpretation of the hand ball rule. If the player makes himself bigger by extending his arm it's a hand ball. I don't think that's the case here but VAR and the CR came to a different decision.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo nov 06, 2019 3:56 pm

Ayman schreef:The day after that mad night of a football match. Feels like I woke up from a nightmare. In any event, Ajax are looking like a team of 'against all odds', since they didn't lose last night. They still have a mediocre team to play in Lille, and then a home game with players back from suspension in Amsterdam. There is still a good chance Ajax can top this group. When i say 'against all odds', meaning everyone is against Ajax, referees, UEFA, even to some degree the media.
I don't believe in a conspiracy against Ajax, however... a situation like this (2 yellows and a penalty in one situation) will only happen to clubs like Ajax, not the big clubs like Chelsea, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca etc. The ref is somehow biased in favor of the big clubs.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo nov 06, 2019 4:58 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:
Ayman schreef:The day after that mad night of a football match. Feels like I woke up from a nightmare. In any event, Ajax are looking like a team of 'against all odds', since they didn't lose last night. They still have a mediocre team to play in Lille, and then a home game with players back from suspension in Amsterdam. There is still a good chance Ajax can top this group. When i say 'against all odds', meaning everyone is against Ajax, referees, UEFA, even to some degree the media.
I don't believe in a conspiracy against Ajax, however... a situation like this (2 yellows and a penalty in one situation) will only happen to clubs like Ajax, not the big clubs like Chelsea, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca etc. The ref is somehow biased in favor of the big clubs.
I don't think your statement is correct. UEFA review all the matches and if he was showing some bias his career as a top flight CR for CL and Euro Championship matches would be finished. My bottom line is that Blind and Veltman took stupid fouls in the first half and that's what caused the problem.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo nov 06, 2019 6:40 pm

Manneken Pis schreef: The ref was Russian, so technically Chealski own him....
I stand corrected, the ref was Italian not Russian, so they didn't own him. Just rented him.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo nov 06, 2019 7:19 pm

I mostly agree with Orange14 that it was just some tough calls that went the wrong way, except for the foul on Blind in the lead up to the double sending-off. Ignoring the fact that it was obvious live and the ref was in a good position to see the original foul, I can't see why VAR didn't sort it out. Do you remember on Tadic's goal against RM last season VAR spent 5 minutes trying to decide if the ball had crossed the sideline, about 20 seconds before the goal was scored? How come that was within the scope of VAR review but the foul on Blind wasn't?

I've always found the refereeing in UEFA games a bit weird. I guess they lack the organisation (or don't care) to make sure the rules are consistently enforced by the different refereeing teams. In which case, why bother with VAR at all?

It's all part of the fun I guess, and if we win the next two it won't matter.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo nov 06, 2019 8:07 pm

Just think last night was a bad dream. Blind was fouled and ref should have blown at once. He cost us the game.

When they scored what would have been 5-4 I actually decided to stop watching as it was 9 of us v 12 of them . Thankfully VAR worked there for us.

Praise for our 9 lads who just kept playing attacking football as per the gospel of J C. We nealry won had Alvarez put his shot away.

So if Valencia beat Chelsea and Lille beat us we have to beat Valencia and its 10 points each .Our GD will likely be better and I assume we would go ahead of them on the head to head!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo nov 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Tom_ schreef: I've always found the refereeing in UEFA games a bit weird. I guess they lack the organisation (or don't care) to make sure the rules are consistently enforced by the different refereeing teams. In which case, why bother with VAR at all?
VAR has been unevenly implemented throughout Europe. IMO, the Dutch league does the best job of using it and the CR (central referee) is never afraid to go over the monitor to take a look. It's why PSV got two RCs a couple of weeks ago. Original call for violent conduct was a YC but on review upgraded to RED. This is as it should be. Contrast this to England which has made a complete mess of things. Vertonghen took down a player in the box several weeks ago and got away with what was a certain penalty. I've not seen any English CR ever going to check out the monitor; they wait to hear what the VAR call is over their head set. England had to move to VAR in order of their referees to be qualified for CL matches as VAR is required (not required for Europa League as a number of smaller countries do not have VAR).

Personally, I like VAR but Ajax have seen the worst of the worst in the two Chelsea matches. Promes is called off sides by such a narrow margin and then the two RCs yesterday. UEFA evaluate all the officials and I wonder what they thought about Rocchi's performance yesterday.

If Ajax win their next two matches we will all laugh about this. Let's hope that is the case.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo nov 06, 2019 11:47 pm

SPL schreef:Just think last night was a bad dream. Blind was fouled and ref should have blown at once. He cost us the game.

When they scored what would have been 5-4 I actually decided to stop watching as it was 9 of us v 12 of them . Thankfully VAR worked there for us.

Praise for our 9 lads who just kept playing attacking football as per the gospel of J C. We nealry won had Alvarez put his shot away.

So if Valencia beat Chelsea and Lille beat us we have to beat Valencia and its 10 points each .Our GD will likely be better and I assume we would go ahead of them on the head to head!
there is also the chance of a scenario where Valencia wins the group and we are tied with Chelsea on 10 points with a better goal difference. we would not be qualifying for round of 16 because Chelsea have won the tie. this would be my absolute nightmare

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do nov 07, 2019 12:15 pm

We just need to beat Valencia to qualify.Hope Chelsea beat them because then even if we lose in Lille a draw would put us through.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do nov 07, 2019 5:46 pm

SPL schreef:We just need to beat Valencia to qualify.Hope Chelsea beat them because then even if we lose in Lille a draw would put us through.
But then you are hoping for a scenario where Ajax only need 2 points to continue in the group on the 2th place.
Bigger things are written in the stars for our club.

Plaats reactie