12 AUG 2017 SC Heracles - Ajax Match Day 1

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

saddlerian

Re: 12 AUG 2017 SC Heracles - Ajax Match Day 1

Bericht door saddlerian » za aug 12, 2017 9:24 pm

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

What strange substitutions???? Seem to have gone to a 3-3-4 formation!!!!

:confused.gif: :confused.gif: :confused.gif:
34 will always be with us

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » za aug 12, 2017 9:25 pm

2-1.....substitutions are crap!!!

:1evil.gif: :1evil.gif: :1evil.gif:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za aug 12, 2017 9:25 pm

2-1 down

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 12, 2017 9:26 pm

poor defending by Viegever

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 12, 2017 9:26 pm

Yikes!!!! Another well taken goal by Heracles. Looks like all three points will be dropped.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 12, 2017 9:29 pm

Spanish stream just died!! :blackcat.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za aug 12, 2017 9:30 pm

When De Jong came on for Dijks, I thought 3-4-3 - great! Then Schone comes off for Huntelaar - so yeah 3-3-4 with 2 CFs.

Bosz's subs at least weren't this confusing

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » za aug 12, 2017 9:39 pm

Out of CL....lost against Heracles in 1st match.....Hmphh!!

:confused.gif: :confused.gif: :confused.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 12, 2017 9:42 pm

dreadful start to the season, subs very poor, we were shambolic after we went from 4-3-3 to a 3-3 4. KJH did have a couple of chances but not sure Dolberg had that many all game. Kluivert should not be starting but biggest problem is defence.the only one with pace ,Dijks went off the other 3 are slow.

Ajax have loads of money but will just spend peanuts on bringing kids in

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » za aug 12, 2017 9:47 pm

Well, after coaching at a much, much lower level than Ajax, after passing my UEFA B Coaching certificate...I could only describe today's efforts as a complete shambles...I've recorded the game and I'll show to my next u16 group on Wednesday after Training....I wonder what they'll make of it!!!

Kids can't get into our Academy unless they can comfortably control the ball and beat an opponent.....how much of that did we see tonight??

:aai.gif: :aai.gif: :aai.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 12, 2017 9:49 pm

Another disappointing start to a season with all three points dropped. Two well taken goals by Heracles as a result of poor defending: Dijks in the first case and Viergever in the second. they have go out and challenge the ball. Too much space that close to the goal is a recipe for disaster. Ajax had lots of possession in the offensive end and did force some good saves by Castro, the Heracles keeper. Not sure why Keizer felt the need to go to a 3-4-3 with the score even, there was still time to get the match winner.

The high pressure game is working quite well. Ajax created a lot of turnovers. There was much better passing in the midfield but sometimes they try to be too cute with finesse passes that just were not there.

Player Ratings:

Onana (7) - came up with several good saves and was left hung out to dry on the two goals; no chance at all
Dijks (6) - nice to see him come back and play almost a good game, but he really needed to challenge the winger on the first goal
Viergever (5) - at fault on the second goal, giving up too much free space
de Ligt (5) - silly high kick for a Yellow Card early on and a little too lax on the first goal
Veltman (6.5) - missed his man on one break away but recovered, not really an offensive threat
Schöne (6) - he can't go 90 minutes any longer
Ziyech (6.5) - nicely taken goal but wild on some other shots
van de Beek (7) - best of the midfielders with two really stingers on goal
Younes (7) - very good match, did give the ball up occasionally but also beat his man to create danger
Dolberg (5) - need to figure out how to get him more involved
Kluivert (5.5) - lost to ball a little too often
de Jong (5.5) - tried to set things up but the incisive pass was not there
Huntelaar (5) - does he get in Dolberg's way or does Dolberg get in his way
Cerny (NR) - I lost the feed when he came in so I can't say whether he was good bad or indifferent

EL match on Thursday against Rosenborg and the the home opener against Groningen next Sunday.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 12, 2017 9:54 pm

fair ratings , we did lose our way after going from 4-3-3.KJH came on and Dolberg never touched the ball again.
Younes was decent and Donny another good game.

Tomy14

Bericht door Tomy14 » zo aug 13, 2017 2:02 am

Miss Bosz much??? Why do i feel that we're gonna get eliminated from the Europa League as well!!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 13, 2017 10:52 am

I have the same feeling.If Sanchez is leaving we now need a new CD and LB ,our defence is weak.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo aug 13, 2017 11:48 am

That looked bad, but the ExpG stats say we were unlucky: There seem to be several squad problems right now. A central duo of de Ligt and Viergever is barely eredivisie standard, and who is cover? Riedewald sold (not sure why) and replaced by a left back who wasn't wanted at Norwich. Can't see a recognised #6 in the squad (or is that de Jong)? etc.

Wonder if a realistic squad will be sorted out before the end of the transfer window.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 13, 2017 12:48 pm

I really do fear getting beaten by Rosenberg, what a disaster for Dutch football if 2 of the big 3 are not in Europe.

Squad is a shambles and thats down to Overmars. We had Dankerlui on the bench ,I dont even think he was good at Jong Ajax. Way back in June Tete was leaving so a new RB and a LB should have been signed back then.Riedewald should not have been sold until a replacement bought.

Once we got ko'd by Nice it was clear that Sanchez would probably go if a bid from EPL came in . Veltman and Dijks are not good enough fullbacks and Viergever is just a back up.de Ligt is just a young kid and is not going to be as good without Sanchez next to him.He needs a really good experienced player next to him .

Up front we try and buy a good Brazilian in but end up with a Heerenveen reserve.

I see big clubs now want Dolberg Milan offer 35m euros.

As for our homegrown youth policy we have far fewer in the 1st ,Jong squad is nowhere near the talent as last season and half our senior youth team comes from overseas.

Apologies for the gloom I am angry that Overmars and the Board are making a mess of things.They just want to sell every player and keep millions in their bank.

Cruijff must be looking down on his clubs and think what a shambles.

Ps Only positive Donny v d Beek a true Ajax kid ,whose best mate is in hospital brain dead, he has suffered more than anyone else in the club as he has been close since age 8. He has a big job replacing Davy but has already scored 2 goals and has been our best player so far and already looks a better player than Davy.

Last night if I could have seen any player on the planet come on as a sub it would be Donny's little mate.I am angry with my club and those running it but the pain of what has happened to Appie is still dominating me.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 13, 2017 1:13 pm

Tom_ schreef:That looked bad, but the ExpG stats say we were unlucky: There seem to be several squad problems right now. A central duo of de Ligt and Viergever is barely eredivisie standard, and who is cover? Riedewald sold (not sure why) and replaced by a left back who wasn't wanted at Norwich. Can't see a recognised #6 in the squad (or is that de Jong)? etc.

Wonder if a realistic squad will be sorted out before the end of the transfer window.
Look how good the passing map was compared to most of the matches from last year. Ajax had the ball in the attacking third for long periods. There were several stinging shots that the Heracles keeper did well to save. In that sense, Ajax were a bit unlucky not to have scored. Defensively, the club was rightly punished on each of the two goals for not challenging the player on the ball early enough. the first goal was really very nice by the Heracles striker and I don't know if Sanchez would have done any better; it was just a class play. I get angry every time a shot from distance goes in such as the second goal.

I don't know what the expectations are from management any more. The money is just crazy these days with the big clubs spending such huge amounts. Are remaining fiscally solvent and playing top level football now incompatible? I don't know the answer to that any longer. Ajax did contract another Colombian the other day, Luis Orejuela, but I'm unsure how he fits in. I don't think Sanchez is quite ready for a big move and Ziyech remains an unconvincing player. Does anyone really think he can play in England? I don't.

I believe the cloud of the "34" tragedy still hangs over this club and will for the entire season.

Tomy14

Bericht door Tomy14 » zo aug 13, 2017 10:13 pm

SPL schreef:I really do fear getting beaten by Rosenberg, what a disaster for Dutch football if 2 of the big 3 are not in Europe.

Squad is a shambles and thats down to Overmars. We had Dankerlui on the bench ,I dont even think he was good at Jong Ajax. Way back in June Tete was leaving so a new RB and a LB should have been signed back then.Riedewald should not have been sold until a replacement bought.

Once we got ko'd by Nice it was clear that Sanchez would probably go if a bid from EPL came in . Veltman and Dijks are not good enough fullbacks and Viergever is just a back up.de Ligt is just a young kid and is not going to be as good without Sanchez next to him.He needs a really good experienced player next to him .

Up front we try and buy a good Brazilian in but end up with a Heerenveen reserve.

I see big clubs now want Dolberg Milan offer 35m euros.

As for our homegrown youth policy we have far fewer in the 1st ,Jong squad is nowhere near the talent as last season and half our senior youth team comes from overseas.

Apologies for the gloom I am angry that Overmars and the Board are making a mess of things.They just want to sell every player and keep millions in their bank.

Cruijff must be looking down on his clubs and think what a shambles.

Ps Only positive Donny v d Beek a true Ajax kid ,whose best mate is in hospital brain dead, he has suffered more than anyone else in the club as he has been close since age 8. He has a big job replacing Davy but has already scored 2 goals and has been our best player so far and already looks a better player than Davy.

Last night if I could have seen any player on the planet come on as a sub it would be Donny's little mate.I am angry with my club and those running it but the pain of what has happened to Appie is still dominating me.
The departure of Bosz was our biggest problem. I know i have sad this quite a few times but i think with him as our manager we would have have been in the Champions League now and would have had a wining start in our Eredivisie campaign.

Plaats reactie