20 Apr 2014: PEC Zwolle - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ajaxcolombia

Re: 20 Apr 2014: PEC Zwolle - Ajax

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » zo apr 20, 2014 6:30 pm

I hope frank is corageous enough to try soemthing really different. Wouldn't mind seeing some de sa and kishna, I mean what's to lose?
Godenzonen

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » zo apr 20, 2014 6:34 pm

you have to be kidding me...
Godenzonen

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 20, 2014 6:35 pm

Its getting worse

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo apr 20, 2014 6:36 pm

What the hell? This is truly amazing, they haven't missed any of their chances.

Anyway, I'm with ajaxcolombia. The defense was a shambles today but in general I think we're OK in that area. Wanna see what we can do to create some chances!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 20, 2014 6:36 pm

I think we are setting this up for one of the greatest comebacks in the history of the Cup final.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo apr 20, 2014 6:38 pm

WTF!? 5?!? PEC Zwolle?? Not computing in my head.

Don't we have the best defensive record in the league? ....and that should've been 6. WTF.
Laatst gewijzigd door Amol op zo apr 20, 2014 6:40 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 20, 2014 6:39 pm

I really don't understand FdB at times (maybe all the time). Bojan is the only attacker who has done anything in this match and Sigthorrson has again displayed no ball control.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo apr 20, 2014 6:41 pm

Anyone get what happened with the formation? Think we switched to a 3–4–3 with Klaassen at # 10 and Blind at LMF? Game's over but at least this should be interesting.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo apr 20, 2014 6:43 pm

Orange14 schreef:I really don't understand FdB at times (maybe all the time). Bojan is the only attacker who has done anything in this match and Sigthorrson has again displayed no ball control.
I don't get why he starts Kolbeinn on the wing when he's a typical striker. I'm think he does a pretty good job when he's playing in the middle, but if he wants Bojan at CF that badly surely it would be better to leave Siggy out entirely?

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » zo apr 20, 2014 6:46 pm

jesus, we don't even help ourselves to a little dignity, that was an absolute surefire goal, in any other game I would have celebrated blind's last ditch tackle but I can't here.
Godenzonen

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 20, 2014 6:49 pm

Tom_ schreef:Anyone get what happened with the formation? Think we switched to a 3–4–3 with Klaassen at # 10 and Blind at LMF? Game's over but at least this should be interesting.
Yes, FdB likes to play this when the opponent is going 4-4-2 They've done this in the past

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Even in the centre Siggy is doing nothing .

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo apr 20, 2014 7:15 pm

Yeah, I'm not saying he's had a great game... but I still don't think CF is our biggest problem. I've said it before but even Zlatan wouldn't get many goals playing in our attack. I would say that if you consider the five attacking positions (two midfielders and three up front), Schöne is our only player who has performed above the eredivisie level with any consistency this season and it's not even clear what his position is. It's been a strange season and it'll be interesting to see what happens between now and next August.

I know this is 'armchair manager' territory (not having a dig at you Orange) but IN GENERAL I don't think managers are as important as they are made out to be. I think FdB is a special case though, because he's come up with his own approach to one of the basic questions: do you adapt your formation to the players you have, or acquire players to suit your formation? His answer: neither, you set a formation and try to play it with the players you have on hand whether they're suitable or not.

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » zo apr 20, 2014 7:17 pm

I was really hoping for a double to finally arrive :(
Godenzonen

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 20, 2014 7:24 pm

Cannot believe what i just saw. A complete shambles. Once the 4th went in it was clear that Moisander was not match fit and Poulsen should have come on then. Would Moisander have played if Veltman was available. V d Hoorn was the only alternative and he should be sent back to Utrecht. Siggy is not a winger so what on earth is he doing starting in that position.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 20, 2014 7:27 pm

Not sure Orange should do any ratings. Poulsen played better than any other defensive player and thats not saying much.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 20, 2014 7:27 pm

this was a total humiliation and by all rights Zwolle should have had 3-4 more goals. I really don't know how they messed up a two man break in on goal. I suspect the U-17 team that played in the Aegon Cup match would have done the shirt better today. This Ajax team is likely to win the league and I believe it will be the worst champion since I've been following the club (and that goes back to 1974!). the team has little quality and has been quite fortunate that opponents in the league are worse.

Player Ratings:

Ajax Supporters (0) - no excuse for the behavior in the first five minutes of the match

Vermeer (5) - made one good save near the end of the match and most of the goals he was left stranded but he does not inspire confidence
Boilesen (4) - tried to do the right thing but his passes were weak and he was out of position a lot
Denswil (3) -questions really need to be asked whether he is ready for first team football, weak passing and dumb on the ball
Moisander (3) - quite poor today, maybe he is more comfortable on the left side
van Rhijn (2.5) - wonderful goal and terrible defending all match long
Blind (4) - played hard but had no impact on the match at all
Klaassen (2.5) - seriously did he even get a touch on the ball or make any kind of contribution
Serero (3.5) - managed to draw some fouls because he falls over at the slightest touch
Bojan (4.5) - decent until he came off
Sigthorrson (3) - really bad on the ball, cannot play out on the wing, and it's just lucky that we only paid €6M for him
Schöne (4) - not as good as Bojan
de Sa (5.5) - best front line player, worked hard despite the score and had some decent crosses
Poulsen (5.5) - best Ajax player overall really played hard and with desire
Kishna (4) - needs to know he cannot beat two players but of course this is typical for Ajax wingers these days

I'm not especially keen to celebrate a league win after the play this season. I hope we can move out some of the dead wood and bring up some of the exciting young players.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Tom_ schreef:
I know this is 'armchair manager' territory (not having a dig at you Orange) but IN GENERAL I don't think managers are as important as they are made out to be. I think FdB is a special case though, because he's come up with his own approach to one of the basic questions: do you adapt your formation to the players you have, or acquire players to suit your formation? His answer: neither, you set a formation and try to play it with the players you have on hand whether they're suitable or not.
Seriously this is the best observation of the day/month/year! I wish I had thought of it but you are quite right about FdB's approach to football.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 20, 2014 7:41 pm

well Orange I agree with you as Poulsen was our best player and in attack de Sa was the best of the rubbish on show.

I do hope the Poulsen family can be pursuaded to stay in Amsterdam for another year . OK he will struggle in the CL and cannot play 2 games a week but he is still a good experienced holding DM .

Big question on this season is our midfield is not good enough .Klaassen scores goals but is a deJong clone ie when he doesn't score what does he do. Serero tries hard but we need a playmaker. If he were 2 years older Nouri would be in the team and Ajax must hope this little talented lad continues to develop. Watching this gifted little lad earlier was the only positive thing I have seen today.

In defence if Moisander goes can we exist with Veltman and Denswil plus V d Hoorn as reserve.The Jong Ajax players are all teenagers and not ready. Talk that we let Poulsen go so 17 year old Bazoer comes into the squad is imo stupid.

Oh yes and I want to see us play with 2 proper wingers

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo apr 20, 2014 7:53 pm

Motivation was the keyword for me. They had it, especially after the stupid fireworks halted our quick goal. We seemed clueless. Plus it was one of those games when whatever the opponent does, ends up in the goal...

Pity for us (supporters), but our team needs a major mental shakedown. Maybe winning the trophies made us arrogant. Maybe we think we can win without playing decent football. Zwolle wanted it more, we always bow down against stronger physical teams and this happened again.
May the Force be with you

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo apr 20, 2014 7:57 pm

Oh my f*****g god!!! What an easter! First, i miss my flight and have to pay a shit of louds money to get home, and then i see this!!! Fucking surreal.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo apr 20, 2014 8:35 pm

May the Force be with you

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo apr 20, 2014 10:04 pm

Orange14 schreef: Ajax Supporters (0) - no excuse for the behavior in the first five minutes of the match
This is the only relevant rating of the day.
The only reason the Ajax players could be blamed is that they didn't scored against their own camp, like their own so- called "supporters" did. Who wants to win a trophy in front of such retards, seriously?
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma apr 21, 2014 10:08 am

Frankly, we deserved lose both because of the performance on the pitch and in the stands.

I'm actually pleased for PEC. Their first trophy I believe. Good for them.

Let's face it we've been mediocre all season and were lucky the competition was even worse this year. Winning "the double" would have been a bit too much...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » ma apr 21, 2014 4:03 pm

With apologies for the clumsy Google translation, here's the announcement on the official club site:

"Yesterday should have been for our club and our supporters. Fantastic day Unfortunately, a group of fans travel companions fit to ruin it. Football feast With reprehensible behavior they have discredited our club. We as management sincerely ashamed for these people, who imagine themselves supporters of our club.
We have today written apology made ​​to the KNVB as organizers. We also made ​​apologies to the Kuip stadium where we were guests. We PEC Zwolle congratulations again as the winner of the finals and have some fun with their festivities.
Meanwhile Ajax-depth investigation into the state of affairs. The city of Amsterdam has invited us to enter into consultations within the shortest possible time in which also the police and the Public Prosecution Service will be present. We will also consult with the KNVB and the supporters association (s). We will come up with appropriate measures."

Here's hoping they find the responsible (?) parties and ban their asses from all future matches. And congrats to PEC Zwolle for a clearly merited win!
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Plaats reactie