30 Jan 2008: Ajax - PSV

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » wo jan 30, 2008 11:54 pm

And if I am not mistaken this sunday its not just a game. It's THE GAME-CLASSIC. And lets hope there's no disgraceful outcome... WE MUST WIN
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 31, 2008 12:08 am

If we do not win at the weekend we could be 5th.Still we have signed 2 of Groningen's best players!!

Looking at our team tonight we cannot actually improve it this season. There are no injured players to come back.One thing Psv are nearly as bad as us and will drop points. Trouble is so will we!!!

January not yet over and we are now looking at the playoffs again. I have a gut feeling that Groningen will win them .

At least Lindgren will get a start now!

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » do jan 31, 2008 12:43 am

Not that long in from the game and my only comment is to say that was fucking shite. In the past would have got angry about performances like that when so much at stake but over this season a weary resignation has set in, and being very honest its not worth the effort getting angry. Fuck it if the players cant be bothered then why should I.

Ajax please in the coming months have a hard look at the current playing staff, admit they are not up to scratch, get rid of those who are shite please and sign some players who actually give a fuck about playing for the club.

Just hope those travelling from all over the globe for the game on Sunday get a performance worthy of the name Ajax.

And I used to think watching Partick Thistle and Scotland was depressing :biggrin.gif:
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

AMSTERDAM HOOLIGANS
Contacteer:

Bericht door AMSTERDAM HOOLIGANS » do jan 31, 2008 12:48 am

It's a bad result, we were better than them but in the end we lost this important fixture. Best wishes for our team against Feyenoord.

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » do jan 31, 2008 12:52 am

AMSTERDAM HOOLIGANS schreef:It's a bad result, we were better than them but in the end we lost this important fixture. Best wishes for our team against Feyenoord.
Eh right oh, did you actually see the game - we were not better than them.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do jan 31, 2008 1:53 am

SPL schreef:Looking at our team tonight we cannot actually improve it this season. There are no injured players to come back.One thing Psv are nearly as bad as us and will drop points. Trouble is so will we!!!
I dunno. We're playing well below our potential, so we could put together a really good run in to the end of the season.

Haha, yeah right!

Number9

Bericht door Number9 » do jan 31, 2008 5:52 am

:syl.gif:

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jan 31, 2008 9:14 am

jamcocteau schreef:
AMSTERDAM HOOLIGANS schreef:It's a bad result, we were better than them but in the end we lost this important fixture. Best wishes for our team against Feyenoord.
We did get four clear-cut chances, but failed to convert them. We could have beaten them, but as usual we didn't do so.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do jan 31, 2008 11:12 am

Kowalczyk schreef: We could have beaten them, but as usual we didn't do so.
K.
We did beat them in 2003/2004, and drew in 2005/2006.

Koster has not cleaned all HTC's mess yet. That's all.

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » do jan 31, 2008 12:00 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
jamcocteau schreef:
We did get four clear-cut chances, but failed to convert them. We could have beaten them, but as usual we didn't do so.

K.
Aye mate we did have the chances and at end of the day they converted theirs. But in terms of overall play and being up for the game I honestly thought we were woeful. This game was a real make or break for the club - either be 2 points behind or 8 points behind - and I felt that we just did not have the same sense of urgency as them. This is something which has been happening not just in one game but for 2 or 3 seasons now.

Their is an apathy about the club which will take a severe rocket up the arse to change. The apathy which has been apparent amongst much of the support has seeped throughout the whole club - players, board of directors, even the office staff. Its as if they are happy to rest on the laurels of the name of "Ajax" and being blunt, there is a stagnation about the whole place.

Well if Ajax want to return to a level which will have European clubs and even Eredivisie clubs quaking at the thought of visiting the ArenA then something has got to happen.

We cannot go on signing sub-standard players like we are doing or giving near retirees the chance to earn a last big pay-off. Our scouting has to improve and the management within the club has to be more ruthless with players. If they are not up to scratch get rid of them.

It appears to me that the club might have an image for being a bit of a soft touch where players can sit on their arses get paid high wages and know there is a comfortable atmosphere.

Like all successful businesses the club needs to show a more ruthless streak or Ajax will never return to their glory days.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do jan 31, 2008 12:04 pm

jamcocteau schreef: Their is an apathy about the club which will take a severe rocket up the arse to change. The apathy which has been apparent amongst much of the support has seeped throughout the whole club - players, board of directors, even the office staff. Its as if they are happy to rest on the laurels of the name of "Ajax" and being blunt, there is a stagnation about the whole place.
as sad as true

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 31, 2008 12:30 pm

Jamcocteau

Agree with what you say.

Ajax need a coach who is going to stay more than a season for a start.

Scouting needs to improve. I am not talking about getting in players for our youth but the signing of first teamers.

To repeat my rant of the other day of all the players signed last summer I would only keep Suarez. I am not jumping up and down about this last weeks signings. Kuffour has not played for about 9 months , Lindgren is probably better than say Schilder ,who is being unloaded, but he is not better than Maduro . Silva will likely be a better bet than Ogararu but he is not very special.

The point is that these players are all very average and with some decent scouting, other than to Groningen possibly,we may actually get some decent players in . The overall standard of signings over the past 3/4 years has been poor except for KJH , Suarez, who actually scores goals which Babel did not do and I would include Perez who is very useful . Had we kept him last summer PSV may not have picked up so many points as he did well for them!.

A new coach and a complete rebuild of the team is necessary especially
as our 4 main Dutch Ints will likely go this summer.We are then left with untried youth and a lot of dross.

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » do jan 31, 2008 12:38 pm

philippe schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef: We could have beaten them, but as usual we didn't do so.
K.
We did beat them in 2003/2004, and drew in 2005/2006.

Koster has not cleaned all HTC's mess yet. That's all.
Koster is creating his very own mess mate.

jock cloggie

Bericht door jock cloggie » do jan 31, 2008 5:03 pm

jamcocteau schreef:Not that long in from the game and my only comment is to say that was fucking shite. In the past would have got angry about performances like that when so much at stake but over this season a weary resignation has set in, and being very honest its not worth the effort getting angry. Fuck it if the players cant be bothered then why should I.

Ajax please in the coming months have a hard look at the current playing staff, admit they are not up to scratch, get rid of those who are shite please and sign some players who actually give a fuck about playing for the club.

Just hope those travelling from all over the globe for the game on Sunday get a performance worthy of the name Ajax.

And I used to think watching Partick Thistle and Scotland was depressing :biggrin.gif:

we have not got that bad. have we?

Plaats reactie