21 Sep 2005: Ajax - ADO Den Haag

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do sep 22, 2005 11:32 am

Yeh but Ajax aren't simply big enough to hold onto their players. Kuyt signed a contract before any concrete interest was made, but that wont even keep him for long.
Get a Cock

Frans

Bericht door Frans » do sep 22, 2005 11:47 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Yeh but Ajax aren't simply big enough to hold onto their players. Kuyt signed a contract before any concrete interest was made, but that wont even keep him for long.
A contract is a contract. If a player has a contract till 2007, Ajax can keep them till 2007. Unless a buy-out clause is invoked, in which case the club should at least get a reasonable payoff for the player.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do sep 22, 2005 11:50 am

dws schreef:www.ultrasuid.com for lowlights of Ajax v ADO Den haag. The video is ready for downloading.
And they are still not using Bittorrent as the main distribution. They've got to love spending money on bandwidth... Sheesh.

I know I shouldn't complain because they kick ass and thank them for that, but the choice of http download for 50 MB files is just suicidal....

PS : Note that I don't say a word about Ajax.
meh :|

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » do sep 22, 2005 2:12 pm

Have to agree with Zoef here but i think its not just an Ajax problem its an Eredivisie problem in that they cant compete with the bigger leagues in Europe.I think with Kuyt he thought another year in Holland wouldnt hurt his chances of a bigger club coming in for him.Take the extra money for a year,score 20 goals & then have a bigger choice of clubs banging on your door.

I agree with much of what OPH has written in that perhaps the writing was on the wall in terms of this season being one of development.Many of the players brought in are on the right side of 25 so will have a decent sell on fee if they dont quite come up to scratch...(though im not sure you could give harry away at the moment).So even though we know that Marcus couldnt hit a cows a**e with a banjo at the moment perhaps we should give him a bit more time to adapt to playing for such a great club as Ajax.Now does anybody wanna talk about Andy Johnson's knee injury or Palace's away record this season. :xyxthumbs:

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do sep 22, 2005 2:14 pm

English Eagle schreef:Now does anybody wanna talk about Andy Johnson's knee injury or Palace's away record this season. :xyxthumbs:
No :D
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » do sep 22, 2005 2:17 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
English Eagle schreef:Now does anybody wanna talk about Andy Johnson's knee injury or Palace's away record this season. :xyxthumbs:
No :D

Now OPH i thought you of all people would say yes !!. :sad:

Feest

Bericht door Feest » do sep 22, 2005 2:42 pm

Well, I saw CP get blanked by Cardiff City the other day. With a rock solid-performance by Glenn Loovens. :headbang:

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » do sep 22, 2005 3:09 pm

Yep i was there Steef,poor fast half typified by our goalkeeper wanting to juggle for the goal.Second half wasnt much better though we created,& missed a few chances.....though Cardiff missed a sitter & hit the post.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 22, 2005 3:18 pm

Match report is up, ladies and gentlemen...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... t-ado.html

K.
Still alive...

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » do sep 22, 2005 3:19 pm

Thanks K.

Feest

Bericht door Feest » do sep 22, 2005 3:21 pm

Grygera was sent off in Tilburg, not Prague. Fix it, Ko.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do sep 22, 2005 4:26 pm

Steef schreef:Grygera was sent off in Tilburg, not Prague. Fix it, Ko.
:nooo: , now that wasn't very polite, was it?
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Feest

Bericht door Feest » do sep 22, 2005 4:27 pm

I'm just trying to help out.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 22, 2005 4:40 pm

Per schreef:
Steef schreef:Grygera was sent off in Tilburg, not Prague. Fix it, Ko.
:nooo: , now that wasn't very polite, was it?
You're right, Steef. Thanks.

No worries, Per. No offense taken. :xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » do sep 22, 2005 8:11 pm

Under Kurt Linder Ajax lost two of their first five games. He was fired after the 3-3 draw against Roda JC in De Meer (was sitting in Vak M back then). Next two games (away games against i.i.r.c. PEC Zwolle and RKC) were lost but Linder was already gone. Spitz Kohn and Louis van Gaal had taken over.

Five games, two of 'em lost, and a draw at home in the fifth... looks like history repeats itself...
dws schreef:Not so, season '88/89 was worse. Under Austrian Kurt Linder Ajax lost 4 of their first seven games.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 22, 2005 8:20 pm

The key difference, though: Kurt Linder was a 'Ronald Koeman'. A man who turned Ajax into a gray, ordinary team that seemed to play only to 'survive' each game. There was no plan. No intention to play Ajax football. No idealism. It was going nowhere.

That is why Linder had to go -- and make way for two 'Ajax thinkers'.

It would be an insult to Danny Blind to compare him to that guy. Ronald Koeman was our 'Kurt Linder'. Danny Blind is the 'Ajax thinker' pushed forward to clean up the mess. And I can see what he's doing. I can see his plan and I can see the improvement.

K.
Still alive...

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » vr sep 23, 2005 12:13 am

The key difference, though: back in '88 we had better players.
Menzo, Blind, Larsson, Wouters, Frank de Boer, Winter, Jonk, Witschge, van't Schip, Pettersson, Bergkamp.

Only 6 of these 11 players were home grown.

Nine of these players won the UEFA cup in '92.

After axing Kurt Linder we beat PSV in a soaked Olympic Stadium (2-0), kicked their nuts in Eindhoven (1-4), and beat F-Word twice. We ended the season as runners-up.

We don't have nine players in our current squad that can kick ass in europe. Blind may have a plan, but just a plan is not enough. Blind needs to prove that he can build a team that fits the plan, like van Gaal did after the '92 squad fell apart. If Blind gets another 'we don't need new players' fit coming winter, van Geel should overrule him.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

dws

Bericht door dws » vr sep 23, 2005 12:30 am

I bow to your superior memory (and first hand knowledge) 666. I remembered he had gone very early in the season , but couldn't remember exactly after how many games. Anyway , I think the 4:1 at PEC Zwolle and the defeat at RKC can be attributed ,in no small part , to Linder.

mmmm...... 4:1 at Zwolle. Didn't AZ lose 5:0 at Zwolle in The first game of Adriaanse as AZ coach ? Makes you wonder...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr sep 23, 2005 10:12 am

Ajax official site comments :

There are times when Ajax look all mature, but on Wednesday childish mistakes proved that the team in reality is going through puberty. Ajax played a superior first half, in which they humled ADO Den Haag. Mature, sensible teams know how to finish such a job but the adolescent in Ajax seemed unprepared for the job. In a bizarre final stage of the match, the home team lost their heads and two of three seemingly certain points: 2-2.
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie