22 Feb 2006: Ajax - FC Internazionale

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

mtrules

Bericht door mtrules » wo feb 22, 2006 2:18 am

Huntelaar will play as a striker, not as an attacking midfielder...that's for sure!
The Ajax line-up will be like this:

Stekelenburg

Trabelsi
Heitinga
Vermaelen
Juanfran :sad:

Maduro
Lindenbergh
Emanuelson

Rosales
Huntelaar :yes:
Rosenberg

mtrules

Bericht door mtrules » wo feb 22, 2006 2:19 am

SPL schreef:Arsenal are having a crap season and have weak defence but Real could not score whereas Arsenal could have scored more.
Real Madrid also have a crap season :pukey:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo feb 22, 2006 3:52 am

mtrules schreef:
SPL schreef:Arsenal are having a crap season and have weak defence but Real could not score whereas Arsenal could have scored more.
Real Madrid also have a crap season :pukey:
Well, you wouldn't have thought so from the amount ITV television summarisers Andy Townsend and Ally McCoist were fawning and scraping about Real - it was embarrasing, I know the TV company has to sell the show and persuade people to keep watching but that was just silly.

Am up at this ungodly hour (02.52am) to catch my flight to Amsterdam (I like to arrive early in the day) so Hup Ajax for tonight.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Azeri
Contacteer:

Bericht door Azeri » wo feb 22, 2006 8:22 am

Sorry for a kind of idiotic question: Has KJH right to play in this CL? He already participated in this season's UEFA Cup for Heerenveen

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo feb 22, 2006 9:37 am

I think yesterday's Blind statements are meant to confuse the inter staff. No worry.

Pressure is on Adriano. Last time he scored was on the 15th january i.e. ages ago. And he just got a two games ban from the Italian federation.

When we will have scored first, inter should collapse.
Laatst gewijzigd door Philippe op wo feb 22, 2006 10:18 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo feb 22, 2006 9:43 am

Azeri schreef:Sorry for a kind of idiotic question: Has KJH right to play in this CL? He already participated in this season's UEFA Cup for Heerenveen
Yeah, but the January transfer window is an official UEFA thing. He can now play for us, thank God. No worries.

:xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo feb 22, 2006 11:00 am

uefa.com

"Ajax undaunted by Inter's might
Wednesday, 22 February 2006
by David Mintonfrom Amsterdam

The unpredictability of knockout football is what gives AFC Ajax coach Danny Blind hope ahead of Wednesday's Round of 16 first-leg tie against FC Internazionale Milano at the Amsterdam ArenA.
Inter experience
With Ajax struggling in the Dutch Eredivisie and his squad decimated by injury, Blind concedes that the Italian visitors go into the game as strong favourites. "Inter are without question a better team than us," he said. "We are a young side and have problems in the league whereas they are a top European team with plenty of experienced players." As if to underline Blind's point, Luís Figo and Dejan Stanković, stalwarts of many a European campaign, will return to the Inter lineup after recovering from knee and back problems respectively.
Ajax absentees
Ajax, by way of comparison, have no option but to give youth a chance. Among the absentees are international players Wesley Sneijder, Steven Pienaar, Tomas Galasek and Zdeněk Grygera. Czech defender Grygera, out for four weeks with a calf complaint, will be a major loss, according to Blind. "He is the one player we have who is almost Italian in the way he defends."
Shackling Adriano
Dutch international defender Johnny Heitinga and experienced Spaniard Juanfran are poised to start after substitute appearances in Ajax's 6-0 crushing of RBC Roosendal last Sunday. Despite that emphatic success, fourth-placed Ajax languish 20 points behind leaders PSV Eindhoven. Both Heitinga and Juanfran will be expected to take their share of responsibility for shackling Inter's pacy Brazilian forward Adriano, for whom Blind insists he has no special plans, preferring to emphasise the value of teamwork.
'Real football'
"We need to be compact and support each other," said Blind, a UEFA Champions League winner as an Ajax player in 1995. "We don't want to defend from inside our penalty box and that's not the way Inter play either. Their system is a bit like ours so there will be space to play real football."
Huntelaar hope
In-form Ajax striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar, making his tournament debut after his €9m transfer from SC Heerenveen last month, will relish the prospect of some space in which to show his finishing skills on European club football's biggest stage. Huntelaar plundered four goals against Roosendal to take his tally to six in seven matches in Ajax colours.
Staying positive
For the Inter game, Huntelaar will be flanked by Mauro Rosales and Markus Rosenberg, although should the attacking triumvirate fail to find the target, Blind argues it will not necessarily spell the end of Ajax's aspirations. The 44-year-old said: "Of course we want to win at home but a draw, especially a goalless draw, would be OK heading into the away leg."
Trophy chance
With Inter lying third in Serie A, the UEFA Champions League could be their best chance of lifting a trophy this season :D . Nerazzurri coach Roberto Mancini, who will choose between Giuseppe Favalli and Nicolás Burdisso at left-back, is without Cristiano Zanetti through suspension. Despite Ajax's injury worries, Mancini is expecting a difficult contest. He said: "It will be a tough match, after all they did win 6-0 at the weekend and they have some very good young players."
Figo milestone
Ajax's youngsters are on a rapid learning curve and one statistic emphasises the gulf in UEFA Champions League experience between the two sides. The 33-year-old Figo :oud: will make his 88th UEFA Champions League appearance – nine more than Ajax's expected starting lineup combined."

Luis-Simulator-Figo gives me the creeps : he is a real diving star. :scared:
Appie, stay strong !

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo feb 22, 2006 12:07 pm

Well, let's hope the referees are instructed on how to handle Figo. Every time his is in the penalty-box, you know he's gonna dive.

Ajax have to play away from its own goal, play as offensive as possible. That is in my opinion the only way to win or to get a decent result, 1-1 or something.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo feb 22, 2006 12:54 pm

and let's hope inter will not have the kind of penalty award AC Milan received yesterday in Munich ...
Appie, stay strong !

Feest

Bericht door Feest » wo feb 22, 2006 1:42 pm

philippe schreef:and let's hope inter will not have the kind of penalty award AC Milan received yesterday in Munich ...
Why? It was just clumsy by Ismael.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo feb 22, 2006 3:24 pm

I'll be able to watch the whole games for once LIVE!

KICK ASS AJAX!
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

__earth
Contacteer:

Bericht door __earth » wo feb 22, 2006 3:34 pm

yup yup. This match is being shown in Malaysia too! Hail ESPN (most other days. they suck.)

Huntelaar, rosenberg, rosales. probably the strongest lineup in recent weeks IMO. But I still prefer 442.
but don't listen to me. I'm a pessimist.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo feb 22, 2006 4:01 pm

If we win this one, I will have Blind printed on my Ajax shirt.
Appie, stay strong !

kezman33

Bericht door kezman33 » wo feb 22, 2006 5:41 pm

one dutch player - clarence seedorf - has played BOTH for AJAX and INTERNAZIONALE:

read more about his time at AJAX and INTER...

CLARENCE SEEDORF - THE MOST SUCCESSFUL PLAYER IN EUROPEAN FOOTBALL

Clarence Clyde Seedorf was born on April 1, 1976 in Paramaribo, Suriname. Seedorf is not only one of the most entertaining but also one of the most successful players for European Football.
As other players from the South American country like Ruud Gullit, Edgar Davids, Frank Rijkaard and Patrick Kluivert he has soon settled after entering Europe when joining the youth side of Dutch club Ajax Amsterdam.

AJAX. Seedorf played in his early days in the youth sides of AS 80 and Real Almere. But as mentioned the move to Ajax meant to be decisive for the beginning of one of the most successful carrers of a player at club level in Europe. He joined the first team squad in 1992 when he played 12 games and scored his first goal for the Amsterdam team.
But that should only be the begining of more to come. He was also team member when Ajax won the Dutch Cup in 1993 and the Dutch league in 1994 and 1995. Especially 1995 was without
a doubt a special year for Seedorf and Ajax. Seedorf was represented in 34 league games and scored within there 6 goals during doing his service on the Ajax right wing and were also in the starting line-up when Ajax (1-0 v Milan) won the UEFA Champions League Final 1995 in Vienna. He played 53 minutes on the right wing before he was substituted by Ajax striker Nwankwo Kanu.
In total Seedorf played 64 games and scored 11 goals within his three seasons at Ajax before he left Ajax for Italian club Sampdoria Genova ahead of the 1995-96 season.

INTER. He played 20 games and scored 3 goals within his first season at San Siro to continue a difficult season succesfully. Although Inter failed to win any trophy, as they did on the domestic scene since 1989, Seedorf used to be one of the best Nerazzuri during that time. In total he played 64 games and scored 8 goals before he made a controversial move.

full story, images and his best goal on http://www.thefootballreport.com

THOMAS
THEFOOTBALLREPORT.com
read it today...

dws

Bericht door dws » wo feb 22, 2006 6:05 pm

Not just Seedorf. :yes:
Bergkamp,Jonk,Winter and Davids played for Ajax and Inter. :D

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo feb 22, 2006 6:15 pm

and van der Meyde too ...
Appie, stay strong !

cdnajaxfan

Adriano

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » wo feb 22, 2006 7:51 pm

philippe schreef:I think yesterday's Blind statements are meant to confuse the inter staff. No worry.

Pressure is on Adriano. Last time he scored was on the 15th january i.e. ages ago. And he just got a two games ban from the Italian federation.

When we will have scored first, inter should collapse.
Adriano has a reputation for being a big partier. Let's hope he took full advantage of the city he was in last night!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo feb 22, 2006 7:58 pm

Its almost time fellas, looks like we are all going to be able to watch this one thanks to ESPN. Good luck Ajax.

HUP AJAX HUP !!!!! Fight till the end !!!!!
BRING IT ON !!!!...

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » wo feb 22, 2006 8:00 pm

Steef schreef:
philippe schreef:and let's hope inter will not have the kind of penalty award AC Milan received yesterday in Munich ...
Why? It was just clumsy by Ismael.
Yes, but it was bad luck also. Milan played like crap yesterday and did not deserve that Penalty which will probably lead to them winning the tie now.

There were 2 possible "borderline" calls for a Penalty for Real yesterday but I am glad they were not called. Arsenal deserved to win, Real had cement shoes yesterday. The Benefica-Liverpool game was like watching paint dry until the end! I was hoping Koeman would lose.

BTW, that 'keeper that came in for Dida, I have never seen him before (probably since Dida plays every game). That guy was HUGE! He was like "Van Der Sar meets Adriano"!

dws

Bericht door dws » wo feb 22, 2006 8:08 pm

philippe schreef:and van der Meyde too ...

Thankyou, Philippe :worshippy:

Van der Meyde had slipped my memory. So easy to forget a player who hasn't played too often in recent seasons. :xyxthumbs:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo feb 22, 2006 8:44 pm

According to soccernet, Blind is starting the following:

Stekelenburg
Trabelsi Heitinga Vermaelen Emanuelson
Linenbergh Maduro Boukhari
Rosales Huntelaar Rosenberg

Why is Boukhari starting at left mid ahead of Emanuelson (with Juanfran at left back)? For the love of god, why??!?!?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » wo feb 22, 2006 8:53 pm

Boukhari?! What the...?! He shouldn't be on the field in a league game, let alone a Champions League game.

Who knows, maybe he'll shock the world and have a great game, but based on all past history and information... sigh... what is Blind thinking?

:confused: :frusty:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo feb 22, 2006 9:02 pm

YES YES YES YES YES YES OH FUCKING GOD YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUNTELAAR: 1-0. JAJAJAJAJAJAJA
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo feb 22, 2006 9:06 pm

am i Dreaming ????? 2-0 Rosales.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » wo feb 22, 2006 9:09 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:am i Dreaming ????? 2-0 Rosales.
:eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

:xyxthumbs:

Plaats reactie