02 Nov 2005: FC Thun - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do nov 03, 2005 11:55 am

The Purple Cow schreef:Both the first two Ajax goals were own-goals, so FINALLY the footballing Gods decided to smile upon us again.

It's been a while I'm sure you'll agree.
I would not call that Anastasiou's goal an own-goal because even if the defender touched it the ball was going in anyway.

But I agree : after all it seemed that "lucky Ajax" was back again yesterday. Better late than never.
Appie, stay strong !

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do nov 03, 2005 12:46 pm

philippe schreef:Well, when Trabelsi is playing, our right flank is very strong, and yesterday it was really weak, especially during the second half of the game.

right... but we had heitinga, so it should have been little surprise that there were breakdowns on the right
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

dws

Bericht door dws » do nov 03, 2005 1:10 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
philippe schreef:Well, when Trabelsi is playing, our right flank is very strong, and yesterday it was really weak, especially during the second half of the game.

right... but we had heitinga, so it should have been little surprise that there were breakdowns on the right
Heitinga was not that great; he should not take all of the blame, Galasek was particulary poor at the apex of the defensive triangle with Grygera and Maduro at the base. Galasek is meant to provide a buffer for Maduro and Grygera; galasek should cover for Maduro when Maduro breaks forward. In failing to do his job Galasek left the central defence , Grygera in particular, exposed to the pace of Lustrinelli.I think Blind has to replace Galasek with a more capable player.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do nov 03, 2005 1:27 pm

Galasek will be suspended for the next CL game, but I can not see who can replace him.
Appie, stay strong !

dws

Bericht door dws » do nov 03, 2005 1:38 pm

I should have written that Blind should buy a player more capable of carrying out the role that Galasek is patently failing to do.

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » do nov 03, 2005 2:15 pm

Lindenbergh.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do nov 03, 2005 2:25 pm

Urby was to shaky imo.punt uit
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do nov 03, 2005 2:34 pm

no substitution untill the 89th minute :whistling:
Appie, stay strong !

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do nov 03, 2005 3:02 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Urby was to shaky imo.punt uit
Urby was my Man of the Match. The cross to Yannis, where the first goal was scored, was a Beckham-like cross! What a feeling in that ball. For the rest: the whole team played like a bunch of juniors in their first match. After the 0-1, we should have scored the second and third goal in a matter of 5 minutes. By not doing that, we gave Thun a chance to live.

The only 2 players who showed that they belonged at Ajax were: Sneijder and Emanuelson. The rest: SHAME ON YOU

dws

Bericht door dws » do nov 03, 2005 8:22 pm

Lindenbergh for Galasek? I think I agree with you Bertje. I was somewhat annoyed that Blind didn't make that substitution during the game. However, i believe Ajax need to sign another player who can play that position; one player for that role is not enough, we need cover in case of injury.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do nov 03, 2005 10:16 pm

Denny Landzaat?

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do nov 03, 2005 11:22 pm

Landzaat is somewhat more ofensive oriented he is a mixed midfielder, i say instead of buying another player for the position I think we should plug Maduro in there and add a top notch central defender.Although if Pienaar leaves this sommer Landzaat would be a very good adquisition :xyxthumbs: .
BRING IT ON !!!!...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do nov 03, 2005 11:30 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:i say instead of buying another player for the position I think we should plug Maduro in there and add a top notch central defender.

bingo! :xyxthumbs:
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do nov 03, 2005 11:58 pm

Have just got back from Switzerland - the game was hugely entertaining and was played by two teams that resembled the old keystone cops. Neither side could defend at all and the score could have ended up 10-9. Have to say that we all thought that Maduro had a dreadful game - his positioning was just awful and with Heitinga in such wonderful form (not) it made for a very uncomfortable night down that side of the pitch.
Have to say that it was easier for the Thun player to score than miss in around the 85th minute. Thank goodness he missed as if that had gone in no way would we have come back.

I thought that Sneijder was absolutely fantastic and seemed to be waging a one-man-band game against Thun for most of the game.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

dws

Bericht door dws » do nov 03, 2005 11:59 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:i say instead of buying another player for the position I think we should plug Maduro in there and add a top notch central defender.

bingo! :xyxthumbs:
Given either scenario ...... who do we sign?

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr nov 04, 2005 3:10 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Have just got back from Switzerland - the game was hugely entertaining and was played by two teams that resembled the old keystone cops. Neither side could defend at all and the score could have ended up 10-9. Have to say that we all thought that Maduro had a dreadful game - his positioning was just awful and with Heitinga in such wonderful form (not) it made for a very uncomfortable night down that side of the pitch.
Have to say that it was easier for the Thun player to score than miss in around the 85th minute. Thank goodness he missed as if that had gone in no way would we have come back.

I thought that Sneijder was absolutely fantastic and seemed to be waging a one-man-band game against Thun for most of the game.
Copy that.

If you still feel like reading the same summary in different words, I can recommend the match report I have just published on Ajax USA:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... -thun.html

Three days on the p*ss in Switzerland and one night of sleep to recover from it... I finally had the time for it. :yes:

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr nov 04, 2005 3:27 pm

I watched the game again on video, and can not find words (in English..) to describe Danny Blind's face during the last 15 minutes and even after the 3rd goal for Ajax.
Never again ...
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr nov 04, 2005 3:33 pm

philippe schreef:I watched the game again on video, and can not find words (in English..) to describe Danny Blind's face during the last 15 minutes and even after the 3rd goal for Ajax.
You're right. He looked like he was attending a funeral.

But you know what? I think that's beautiful. I really do. You know why? Because it proves that he genuinely means what he has been saying all along. After the Sparta game and even the Den Haag game he has constantly said: we're playing well, we get the chances, things go according to plan. He's always stressed the fact that he's got a plan and that he's working towards something that will cost time.

The Thun game was won, but piss-poor on all accounts. So he was disappointed man. It shows that he is sincere about it, and that we really have a coach who wants the team to look like Ajax. A man like Koeman would have walked around with a big smile this week, simply because he grabbed the points, which will keep everybody (fans, press, board) quiet for one week. Blind is aiming for something higher.

Respect for that.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr nov 04, 2005 3:41 pm

I agree with you. We have a 100% Ajax coach. :xyxthumbs:
Appie, stay strong !

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr nov 04, 2005 4:17 pm

Blind faith in Blind boys :xyxthumbs:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr nov 04, 2005 11:30 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Three days on the p*ss in Switzerland and one night of sleep to recover from it... I finally had the time for it. :yes:

K.
Three days less the time spent outside and inside of the ground - I have never seen such a look of disgust from a group of men as when it was confirmed that the only beer they sell at the ground was of the non-alcohol brand. Ko even poured what was left of his drink away.
I really don't know what is football coming to in this day and age when a group of pissheads cannot get an alcoholic drink at a game? X'C

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za nov 05, 2005 12:33 am

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Ko even poured what was left of his drink away.
Yeah, of course I did.

Beer with no alcohol... It just makes no sense, does it? I never got the point. What's next? Farmers developing vegetables with no vitamins in it? Or a special kind of insecticide that leaves insects alive?

Bollocks. Drinking beer with no alcohol is a waste of time and money and it really was very, very annoying that the girl behind the bar did not warn us!

K.
Still alive...

bryan

Bericht door bryan » za nov 05, 2005 1:23 am

Blind was genuinely fucking delighted with that goal (who wasn't?) but he went back into the dugout when he realised the camera was on him. He ain't foolin' me.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » za nov 05, 2005 7:03 pm

Ko is clearly to be seen standing in photograph 6 on Ajax Foto Side on the Thun vs Ajax photograph section.

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » za nov 05, 2005 7:24 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Over Pasanens Head schreef:Ko even poured what was left of his drink away.
Yeah, of course I did.

Beer with no alcohol... It just makes no sense, does it? I never got the point. What's next? Farmers developing vegetables with no vitamins in it? Or a special kind of insecticide that leaves insects alive?

Bollocks. Drinking beer with no alcohol is a waste of time and money and it really was very, very annoying that the girl behind the bar did not warn us!

K.
What I have never understood is why the Breweries continue to sponsor tournaments like the Champions League, World Cup etc when they are not allowed to sell alcohol inside the grounds during competitions run by UEFA or FIFA and this has been going on since at least the World Cup in 1990 ;)

BTW Ko, about veggies with no vitamins etc, what about Albert Heijn, they have been selling food for years without any effin taste for years. :D
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Plaats reactie