08 MAY 2019; Ajax-Tottenham; CL Semi-Final

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: 08 MAY 2019; Ajax-Tottenham; CL Semi-Final

Bericht door SPL » do mei 09, 2019 11:07 am

Well that 95th minute was heart breaking but Spurs pushed us back into our own half and we have struggled against teams who have done that.

Spurs got lucky for the 2nd when Onana was just going to fall on the ball but Schone kicked it from him.Onana's time wasting at the end did us no favours and surely he should have just put the ball short for a player to take it to the corner and kill time.My son said Spurs will stick this back into the box there is still time.He is a Gooner but was gutted we lost.

On the lineup Neres being absent did not help but sadly Dolberg was aweful .At HT he should have been replaced by KJH.

I am very proud of our team,they have done superbly to reach the semis and to come to within 1 minute of the final.The world is aware of us and have praised out football.

So now they must regroup for Utrecht and Donny must remind them they have to win not for themselves but for his best mate Appie.

Orange14

Re: 08 MAY 2019; Ajax-Tottenham; CL Semi-Final

Bericht door Orange14 » do mei 09, 2019 1:18 pm

The sun came up in the East this morning as it always has but that did little to mask my disappointment. I shall go out on my morning walk with my Ajax kit and matching white shorts on as I always do with pride in what this team accomplished.

Here is a great ode to this Ajax team by New York Times football columnist Rory Smith: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/08/spor ... eague.html

Love him or hate him (I'm in the latter camp), Jose Morinho has the best analysis of Ajax problems in the second half: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2o5ykbjYw0 Ajax could not push the line up far enough and Llorente was the recipient of all the long balls that allowed the other Spurs attackers to cut past him. Ajax just doesn't see this type of football enough and could not adapt.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Plaats reactie