Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo feb 08, 2009 2:07 pm

we finally put something nice together and darko heads over from the spot

well... it's a start
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo feb 08, 2009 2:10 pm

DanK schreef:And of course you know next week we will play well and hammer Feyenoord, which just makes this game even the more frustrating. Or if vB goes, we will play well for a few weeks...its really giving me the shits.
I, for one, would be happy to see vB go -- I never liked the football Holland played when he managed them, and I havn't much liked the style of play he has Ajax playing either. We should never have let Louis get away -- but it was boardroom politics that drove him out.
Boardroom politics is what has made Ajax crap over these last years -- the board cares more about their profit and loss statement than they do about Ajax pride. What do they care what happens on the field as long as the money rolls in.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo feb 08, 2009 2:12 pm

should have been 5... this is messed up

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo feb 08, 2009 2:21 pm

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Total and utter crap....no pride in the shirt. The only two showing any passion ar Gabri and Vermaelan......

I agree with Dan....we'll hammer Fword next week....but if the Coach can't instill any self belief......he has to go!

Some decisions have been "doubtful"...especially the latest defensive signing. Why buy an "Arsenal like" player..one who just puts his arm up and ask for decisions instead of getting stuck in!
Why, consistently play players out of position.....the list could go on!

I know it's be vastly expensive......but use Koster now! He did ok last year...He's got a little experience......give him the reins until the end of the season. We seem to be turning into another Newcastle....new Coach, new players, dwindling finances!

Go, MVB, take a break!!!!

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo feb 08, 2009 2:23 pm

FT

good grief, that was excruciating... i'm gonna need to have my brain scrubbed

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo feb 08, 2009 2:23 pm

Just play Jong Ajax. That should do it.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 08, 2009 2:55 pm

I seriously believe Van Basten will resign tomorrow morning...

Wouldn't solve anything, but I wouldn't mind either.

Current chance of me attending the Classic next week: 5%

K.
Still alive...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo feb 08, 2009 2:56 pm

SaddlerIan schreef:but use Koster now! He did ok last year... He's got a little experience......
It really depends what are your standards I guess. :confused.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo feb 08, 2009 3:07 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:
SaddlerIan schreef:but use Koster now! He did ok last year... He's got a little experience......
It really depends what are your standards I guess. :confused.gif:

STANDARDS!!!!! At least there was some belief!!!

I'll be there next week....and for ALL of the other home matches this year.. it's more than JUST the beer that's dragging me to Amsterdam...although it's the pits football wise at the moment!

Come on AJAX....give me another reason to come to Holland.....!!!

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo feb 08, 2009 3:12 pm

SaddlerIan schreef: STANDARDS!!!!! At least there was some belief!!!
When he led us 9 points behind PSV, I don't think so. Luckily for him, PSV kinda collapsed, but I don't see AZ doing that this year.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

WHY are we arguing about BLOODY STANDARDS!!!!! There isn't a standard at the moment....and to get anyone of any sort of standing in NOW will cost a fortune!

2008-9 has gone....another season wasted.....let's give the younsters their chance and go for it next year....WITHOUT wasting so much money on overpriced CRAP!!!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo feb 08, 2009 4:20 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:I seriously believe Van Basten will resign tomorrow morning...

Wouldn't solve anything, but I wouldn't mind either.

Current chance of me attending the Classic next week: 5%

K.
Exactly....it would not solve shit, the truth is that we need to start building a team from scratch and we need a coach to do that from the start...another coach would just be the same story as lasta year trying to get rid of players from the former coach, we are a team with a ton of holes and the people up top are fucking slow to fix them, as long as this continues things wont get better.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 08, 2009 4:28 pm

Re-posting...
kraz11 schreef:The season is far from over
we've got to take the second place to at least and try qualifying to the champions league
and dont forget uefa cup...dont forget the Hamburg game
we can make a good run in europe , now theres a crisis
that cost us the title but we can and will get out of it
K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » zo feb 08, 2009 4:43 pm

I am still trying to find an answer. What happened since a few weeks ago? We were there, digging in, playing hard football. We played one of the best games I have seen us play in years again NEC, now a few weeks later this utter crap.

Getting rid of the coach will do nothing to improve our long term prospects, but its one of those cases that the coach is always the first to go, and probably will, and then we are back to where we were just before the start of the season.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » zo feb 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Well if the coach has lost all control and influence over the team (and that certainly appears to be the case here) then getting rid of him certainly will achieve something.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » zo feb 08, 2009 4:51 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:Well if the coach has lost all control and influence over the team (and that certainly appears to be the case here) then getting rid of him certainly will achieve something.
Sounds all to familiar to me. Deja-vu. Haven't we been here before. Maybe it says something about the culture we are grooming our players in if they can so easily lose motivation.

I'm over seeing every season become the same old story.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 08, 2009 4:59 pm

That was as poor as it can get, well unless they lose next week!!!!!!!!

Van Basten nearly resigned this week and I think he will go .

4 year ago we let Van Gaal go and 2 months later Koeman was out. I will always believe we made a mistake and looking at what he has done at Az
he would have done here.He has rebuilt the team with no money.

Koster only failed to win the title last season because in both matches v Twente they scored in injury time.

We can still regroup and finish 2nd but at this moment this wont happen under Van Basten.

The going got tough this week and he nearly walked which shows he is not up to the job.

I think the fact we let KJH go without buying another striker and bringing in Wielaert , who looks poor , and certainly is not as good as Oleguer, was a mistake.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo feb 08, 2009 5:31 pm

SPL schreef: Van Basten nearly resigned this week
Isn't it a bit excessive? Yeah, it cames through his mind a quick second, like it often happens when it's not going ok with your work or whatever.
SPL schreef: 4 year ago we let Van Gaal go and 2 months later Koeman was out. I will always believe we made a mistake and looking at what he has done at Az
he would have done here.
No doubt he would have already been fired if had done such a poor season like he did last year. Here, he would never get as many time or as many chances to save his job. And of course, he would never be allowed to transform Ajax in a "counter-team". So it's a bit hard to compare the 2 clubs... The sure thing is that he is more qualified than Van Basten for the job with his experience and cv, but that's not a guarantee of success.
SPL schreef: Koster only failed to win the title last season because in both matches v Twente they scored in injury time.
Such a bad luck twice? :hypocrite.gif: What about VV Venlo - Ajax and Excelsior - Ajax then?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 08, 2009 8:03 pm

would agree we did lose to some crap teams last season.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » ma feb 09, 2009 2:14 am

On the bright side, at least Ryan now knows it's nothing personal. He was beginning to think they only play crap when he's there. Now he knows it's not him. ;-)
Mark it 8, Dude.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma feb 09, 2009 9:17 am

ajaxusa schreef:On the bright side, at least Ryan now knows it's nothing personal. He was beginning to think they only play crap when he's there. Now he knows it's not him. ;-)
LOL. There is always a bright side.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma feb 09, 2009 9:28 am

DanK schreef: Getting rid of the coach will do nothing to improve our long term prospects, but its one of those cases that the coach is always the first to go, and probably will, and then we are back to where we were just before the start of the season.
It's just that most players have only one goal : leaving for one of those wealthy English or Spanish clubs. As long as it will be the case, and that they will be able to achieve this selfish ambition without getting any significant success with Ajax, we will be in serious trouble.

:tranen.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 09, 2009 10:34 am

philippe schreef:It's just that most players have only one goal : leaving for one of those wealthy English or Spanish clubs. As long as it will be the case, and that they will be able to achieve this selfish ambition without getting any significant success with Ajax, we will be in serious trouble.
If you're talking about Ajax's position in the 'food chain' compared to Real Madrid, AC Milan, Chelsea and Manchester United - yes, you're right.

But it should still be possible (with an annual budget of 65 million euros) to comfortably beat Slavia Prague (annual budget: 5 million euros), FC Copenhagen, Club Brugge, Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Lausanne Sports, and to finish ahead of AZ and FC Twente in the Dutch league.

I do not demand from Ajax that they're the best team in the world. All I'm demanding is what may - within reason - be demanded from a club with Ajax's financial possibilities. Which is: five championships per decade in The Netherlands - and no f**king bullshit against f**king Slavia Prague or FC Copen-f**king-hagen!

That's all.

Is that too much to ask...?

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma feb 09, 2009 10:55 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
Is that too much to ask...?

K.
Recent years seem to indicate is it :confused.gif:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma feb 09, 2009 11:22 am

Recent years seem to indicate is it

You mean 'it is' :ajaxsmiley.gif:

Btw Kowalczyk, seriously after watching the game, I dont see why we have Sarpong or that feather weight Anita in midfield, that was the biggest mistake. Did you see the school boy error by Sarpong which led to the goal?

Plaats reactie