14 Mar 2006: FC Internazionale - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do mar 09, 2006 6:20 pm

philippe schreef:Inter will play for a draw. Whenever they score they play with 11 defending players.

There is no doubt about it.
You are correct Philippe - there is no doubt about it - you are talking crap again :headbang:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do mar 09, 2006 6:25 pm

jamcocteau schreef: BTW Inter are 4 points behind AC and not 14 as you suggest. They are 14 points behind Juventus, who as anybody who knows anything about Serie A will tell you are an exceptional team in the league over the last 18 months and so far have only lost 1 Serie A game this season.

Also Inter won the Coppa Italia last year abd are through to the Semi this year - so how can you say another season with no trophy.
Well, my mistake, 14 points behind juventus, not AC Milan of course, and that does not change the fact that inter have no chance to win the Italian league this season.

The Italian Cup is more a joke than a competition. How many games did inter beat to win this ? 3 or 4 including the final ?

Like in most countries, ambitious clubs (and inter is among them considering their budget) want to win the domestic league and/or a title in Europe. Inter have not won anything close to this for many many years.

So they will be in a serious crisis if we eliminate them.
Appie, stay strong !

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do mar 09, 2006 6:32 pm

philippe schreef:The Italian Cup is more a joke than a competition. How many games did inter beat to win this ? 3 or 4 including the final ?
So the fact that in England the winners will play in 6 rounds including the final makes it a better competition - somehow I doubt it when in the first few rounds the winners can be drawn against lower division teams even including non-league teams.
A cup is a cup and if memory serves me right Inter beat Juve in the semi final last year.

Do agree with you that that the place won't be happy if we knock them out and I will go as far to say that the manager would lose his job if it did happen. Apparently Benetiz is being lined up to replace him.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do mar 09, 2006 9:29 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: After Lyon's first goal PSV were actually close to equalizing for a brief phase. The second goal just before half-time killed them. In the second half (11 vs 10) they collapsed.
K.
We didn't watch the same game then...
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 09, 2006 9:34 pm

I repeat: Lyon were the better side for 90 minutes. But PSV did have a very big chance when it was still 1-0. Shortly after that Cocu got sent off -- and it was over.

K.
Still alive...

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr mar 10, 2006 12:00 am

philippe schreef:
jamcocteau schreef: BTW Inter are 4 points behind AC and not 14 as you suggest. They are 14 points behind Juventus, who as anybody who knows anything about Serie A will tell you are an exceptional team in the league over the last 18 months and so far have only lost 1 Serie A game this season.

Also Inter won the Coppa Italia last year abd are through to the Semi this year - so how can you say another season with no trophy.
Well, my mistake, 14 points behind juventus, not AC Milan of course, and that does not change the fact that inter have no chance to win the Italian league this season.

The Italian Cup is more a joke than a competition. How many games did inter beat to win this ? 3 or 4 including the final ?

Like in most countries, ambitious clubs (and inter is among them considering their budget) want to win the domestic league and/or a title in Europe. Inter have not won anything close to this for many many years.

So they will be in a serious crisis if we eliminate them.
Phillipe, whether the Copa Italia is a joke or not - the fact was that you stated they were trophyless once again, all I did was point out that this was incorrect. Most national cup competitions are a joke apart from probably in england but the record books wil show that in 2004-5 Inter did win a trophy.

The rest of your initial point about Inter being low scorers and a team of defenders was also incorrect as I pointed out. In 9 out of 28 Seria A games this year, Inter have scored 3 goals or more that is not the sign of a team that plays with 11 defenders.

Please if you are going to make statements then keep to facts, you have stated in another thread about your dislike of Inter, that is your choice, but please dont try to make your own personal judgement cloud what is actually going on, especially as more than one member of this board actually watches Inter on a regular basis and therefore are not relying on the media or whoever to come to an opinion.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr mar 10, 2006 9:32 am

Inter are defence minded, catenaccio is the basis of their culture and result only matters.
That's why during the game in Amsterdam they did not attack before they were lead by 2-0 : that's a fact.
And that's why if they ever score the first goal on the return game, they will close and wait for counter attack.
Hope it won't happen.
Appie, stay strong !

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr mar 10, 2006 10:30 am

philippe schreef:Inter are defence minded, catenaccio is the basis of their culture and result only matters.
That's why during the game in Amsterdam they did not attack before they were lead by 2-0 : that's a fact.
And that's why if they ever score the first goal on the return game, they will close and wait for counter attack.
Hope it won't happen.
Well you were watching a different game to me - they weren't sitting back at all - they attacked when Ajax let them, which in the first half wasn't that often.

But then you will never, ever see another point of view concerning Inter.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » vr mar 10, 2006 10:59 am

philippe schreef:Inter are defence minded, catenaccio is the basis of their culture and result only matters.
Meanwhile, Arsenal will always be boring and win their games 1-0. Ajax will always play inventive, skillfull attacking football. It is after all the basis of their culture.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr mar 10, 2006 1:07 pm

Either Inter or Ajax will play our wanted Villarreal
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mar 10, 2006 1:10 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Either Inter or Ajax will play our wanted Villarreal
Yes. But let's discuss Inter in this topic and the quarter final draw over here:
http://www.ajaxtalk.nl/portal/viewtopic ... 526#365526

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mar 10, 2006 5:41 pm

jamcocteau schreef:Think you have hit on the head there. In my opinion, the midfield is the key area - in the first half at the ArenA the Ajax midfield were superb and this why Ajax controlled the game until half time. Inter made a switch at start of second half, which changed the face of the midfield and ultimately the game. From the start on Tuesday if we can win the midfield battle then we have a chance.
Exactly. That's why I have mixed feeling about playing Maduro in the heart of the defense. He's not a very good defender, but a very good midfielder. He can make a difference in midfield -- not in defense.

On the other hand: we don't have many alternatives in the back... (no-one to play alongside Vermaelen, I mean).

K.
Still alive...

vipester458

Bericht door vipester458 » vr mar 10, 2006 10:07 pm

im certainly gonna be watching the live scoring very closely. il be keepin my fingers cross for them. COME ON AJAX!!!!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr mar 10, 2006 10:56 pm

Considering we don't have a good back 4, maybe it's time to switch 3-1-3-3.

3 defenders, perhaps Trabelsi, Vermaelen and Emanuelson, with Maduro infront as an anchor man who can drop back and help, and give extra attacking dip.

3 midfielders, and 3 fowards up front.
Get a Cock

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za mar 11, 2006 3:34 pm

I agree. I think this might be the best solution.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » za mar 11, 2006 7:07 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
;)
true, no hard feeelings though
Appie, stay strong !

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » zo mar 12, 2006 9:40 am

philippe schreef:
Over Pasanens Head schreef:
;)
true, no hard feeelings though
100% no hard feelings.

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » zo mar 12, 2006 3:29 pm

Sneijder is able to play against Inter ??

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 13, 2006 12:22 am

Van der Vaart schreef:Sneijder is able to play against Inter ??
No. He won't make it. Nor will Grygera or Galásek.

K.
Still alive...

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » ma mar 13, 2006 12:59 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
Van der Vaart schreef:Sneijder is able to play against Inter ??
No. He won't make it. Nor will Grygera or Galásek.

K.
no Heitinga too ?? X'C X'C

I mean ,we´re fucke# ...the same team we played against Psv I think it´s not good at all to win Inter...or get a draw in 3-3 :sad: :sad:
Laatst gewijzigd door Van der Vaart op ma mar 13, 2006 1:01 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Jesse

Bericht door Jesse » ma mar 13, 2006 1:01 am

No. And Boukhari is suspended.
"Well, maybe Bob Dylan was wrong. Maybe you do have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 13, 2006 11:59 am

Jesse schreef:No. And Boukhari is suspended.
No he's not. He was suspended for one game in the Eredivisie. Not for the Champions League. The only Ajacied who picked up a yellow card in the previous game was Rosenberg - and he's still okay.

K.
Still alive...

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma mar 13, 2006 1:18 pm

For some reason I have a really good feeling about this game. However, last time I felt this good about an important upcoming fixture was last season's Ajax - PSV, so we're probably screwed.

The question I'm asking myself is whether it's worth a half hour journey at 6AM to see live?

dws

Bericht door dws » ma mar 13, 2006 2:02 pm

Chugger schreef:For some reason I have a really good feeling about this game. However, last time I felt this good about an important upcoming fixture was last season's Ajax - PSV, so we're probably screwed.

The question I'm asking myself is whether it's worth a half hour journey at 6AM to see live?
WORTH IT !!!!?????? :fundamentje: :fundamentje:

Ajax is always worth it :D :xyxthumbs: :smile-ajax: :blub: :blub:
Laatst gewijzigd door dws op ma mar 13, 2006 4:10 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma mar 13, 2006 9:39 pm

Chugger schreef:
You've gotta be kidding! Of course it bloody worth it. Go at 5.30am and get the beers in (can you buy beer at 5am in Melbourne?).

I remember doing precisely the same thing during the last World Cup to go and see England -v- Argentina live...get up at some ungodly hour, travel up to Central London to the pub near where I work, to watch the game and get into work for 10am (the latest I was allowed to start) Happy Days...? :blush:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Plaats reactie