12 Feb 2006: ADO Den Haag - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » zo feb 12, 2006 2:42 pm

thanks for the welcome ;) good to know you are in South America too Van der Vaart.

This wasn't a good game from Ajax but we got the 3 points and thats what counts. I can't believe how many offsides Huntelaar got in the game (we should check the replays because I'm sure at least 5 were not offsides). The defense once again made me nervous throughout all the game. Everytime I see Vermaelen I miss Escude. I thought Sarpong played well. This kid has a bright future, but we have to make him play gradually in the first team, step by step. I still don't like seeing Rosenberg on the left but I have to say that this guy is getting better game after game. He showed lots of attitude today fighting for every ball. It sucks that his shot that hit the post didn't get in but I bet if the pitch would have been better that ball would have easily pass through the line. Huntelaar scored again :eusa_dance: I liked how he played as well but those damn offsides man! those linesman were terrible.
Great save from Stekelenburg at the end but he was so close of making the blooper of the year in that last play...
Lot's of things to improve especially in the defense but there are also some positive things we should get from this match. :xyxthumbs:

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » zo feb 12, 2006 2:50 pm

Good golly!

Three points.

That's about that. Happy to see the Hunter keeping the scoring ability despite going to our team. Attack doesn't really seem to be an issue anymore.

Danny: D!
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo feb 12, 2006 2:52 pm

I can only echo SPL . At least The Hunter finally seems to be finding his way. I read that Lindenbergh had 2 assists on the Dutch language match thread.Is this true? Lindenbergh? 10 matches to go.Thank God(or Dog, if you're dyslexic)! Next up, offensive juggernaut RBC at home.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 12, 2006 3:03 pm

Phew... What a relief. I thought we were gonna collapse in the final minutes. Unbelievable. All Ajax had to do was defend a one goal lead, but they gave away so ridiculously many chances, I couldn't believe my eyes. I can't believe how we survived the last five minutes.

Over-all Ajax were a little bit lucky, but not as much as the papers will write tomorrow. Den Haag had 9 shots on goal, Ajax 8. Both goalkeepers had to make 4 saves. Den Haag were superior in the first half, Ajax in the first 35 minutes of the second. But - and this deserves to be mentioned - the linesman had no less than four incorrect off-side calls: three for KJH, one for Rosenberg. On at least two of those occasions it was a 24-carate scoring chance. The officiating was definitely not 'pro-Ajax' today.

In the 80th minute Ajax had been dominant for most of the second half, they had chances, a few bad off-side calls and I said to my mates: we've now reached the point where our lead is no longer undeserved.

But the came Den Haag's final, desperate offensive... and f*ck knows how we survived. So, all-in-all... we can't complain. But it's three points. The luck we had in the dying minutes today kind of makes up for the bad luck we had in the dying minutes of the home game. Obviously, no journalist will see it that way -- but do we care about that? Lemme think: ummmm, no. :D

K.
Still alive...

LouisXIV & co

Bericht door LouisXIV & co » zo feb 12, 2006 3:31 pm

Luck, no luck. Fortune, misfortune. Deserved, undeserved. 8 chances versus 9 chances.

We played against the number 16 of the standing!!!
Zé of zeehond, rookies huren voor een jaar is ongezond!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 12, 2006 3:43 pm

LouisXIV & co schreef:Luck, no luck. Fortune, misfortune. Deserved, undeserved. 8 chances versus 9 chances.

I know. I'm not saying it was good (or even anything close to that). However, I am pretty convinced that Ajax would have wrapped it up by the 70th minute if it wasn't for that blind linesman, who sticked his flag up in the air twice when Huntelaar was about to score. Both times he was wrong, as they showed on TV.

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » zo feb 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
LouisXIV & co schreef:Luck, no luck. Fortune, misfortune. Deserved, undeserved. 8 chances versus 9 chances.

I know. I'm not saying it was good (or even anything close to that). However, I am pretty convinced that Ajax would have wrapped it up by the 70th minute if it wasn't for that blind linesman, who sticked his flag up in the air twice when Huntelaar was about to score. Both times he was wrong, as they showed on TV.

K.
Or is the problem with another blind man on the side of the pitch?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 12, 2006 4:17 pm

Per schreef:Or is the problem with another blind man on the side of the pitch?
Yes, Blind is also a very big problem. A much bigger problem, in fact, and that is why we will discuss Blind much more frequently than today's linesman.

But the fact that Blind is a problem does not mean we can't discuss the fact that the linesman's blindness was also a problem, in this particular game.

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » zo feb 12, 2006 4:48 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Per schreef:Or is the problem with another blind man on the side of the pitch?
Yes, Blind is also a very big problem. A much bigger problem, in fact, and that is why we will discuss Blind much more frequently than today's linesman.

But the fact that Blind is a problem does not mean we can't discuss the fact that the linesman's blindness was also a problem, in this particular game.

K.
I just could't resist the urge after your wording mate.

Good thing is that it didn't cost us the game in the end. If we would have had the same linesman in the game against Feyenoord perhaps the game would have looked different.

Bottom line is that it's yet another game with poor play, now with three points though. It's very worrying that we seem to have given away so many chances in the end.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo feb 12, 2006 5:02 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
aveslacker schreef:Nice clinical finish by Huntelaar, btw. Well done.
Where are you watching Aveslacker? I can only find to listen on Radio 1 (NL)....or is it on ESPN?
I found a link to the goals on the dutch match thread in this forum.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 12, 2006 5:14 pm

aveslacker schreef:Nice clinical finish by Huntelaar, btw. Well done.
Yeah. And a very nice, smart little thru-ball by Lindenbergh, who - in my opinion - had a very good game.

He also gave the assist for the first goal (free kick), but most of the credit for the first goal went to Rosenberg, who moved to the near post, thereby pulling the Den Haag defense apart. Rosenberg let the ball go, so that Grygera could tap home at the far post. Great work by Rosey.

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo feb 12, 2006 9:38 pm

ajaxperu schreef:thanks for the welcome ;) good to know you are in South America too Van der Vaart.

This wasn't a good game from Ajax but we got the 3 points and thats what counts. I can't believe how many offsides Huntelaar got in the game (we should check the replays because I'm sure at least 5 were not offsides). The defense once again made me nervous throughout all the game. Everytime I see Vermaelen I miss Escude. I thought Sarpong played well. This kid has a bright future, but we have to make him play gradually in the first team, step by step. I still don't like seeing Rosenberg on the left but I have to say that this guy is getting better game after game. He showed lots of attitude today fighting for every ball. It sucks that his shot that hit the post didn't get in but I bet if the pitch would have been better that ball would have easily pass through the line. Huntelaar scored again :eusa_dance: I liked how he played as well but those damn offsides man! those linesman were terrible.
Great save from Stekelenburg at the end but he was so close of making the blooper of the year in that last play...
Lot's of things to improve especially in the defense but there are also some positive things we should get from this match. :xyxthumbs:
Encantado de tenerte abordo AjaxPeru , Bienvenido !!!!

Nice win, great finish by the hunter.

In a hurry here, i'll write some more later. :D
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Match Report

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 13, 2006 12:03 am

Check it out, ladies and gentlemen, the match report is up!

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... k-1-2.html

(and Jim will add pictures to it in a minute!)

K.
Still alive...

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » ma feb 13, 2006 2:47 am

The reason why I think that they attacked the ADO Supporters Home is that this is probably the last time in First Division competition for a long time (They could get relegated) that Ajax will play ADO. It took them 11 years to get back in last time.

The old saying "2 wrongs don't make a right" definitely applies here. We should never stoop to the low level of their fans.

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » ma feb 13, 2006 4:06 am

Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
It happened three times, Ko. Twice in the first half. Once in the second. There was one chance in the first half that put him one on one with the goalkeeper. The other one was a ball he caughr on his chest with a defender near but with an opportunity to shoot at goal.
In the second half there was a ball played by Maduro to the left side of the penalty area. Again Huntelaar was in a one on one situation with the goalkeeper but this time the other linesman flagged him.

It was an embarassment from those two. :nooo:

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma feb 13, 2006 10:24 am

SPL schreef:1-1 at half time. If we do not beat this shower then Blind must go.
Hey SPL when are you going to make an appearance in Amsterdam for a game to voice your opinions?
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma feb 13, 2006 11:50 am

Hi OPH I am working on the wife to see if I can get over before the end of this season.

PS Braintree still doing well and Worthing crap.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma feb 13, 2006 12:51 pm

[quote="SPL"]Hi OPH I am working on the wife to see if I can get over before the end of this season.
[quote]

Method 1 :- Be straight up front about your desire to go

When method 1 fails.....

Method 2 :

Pray something comes up whereby she owes you a big favour.

When method 2 doesn't materialise, desperate times require desperate methods.........

Method 3 :

Book the flight (as early as possible to ensure the cheapest deal) and then casually mention something about the trip .............. she then says what trip.............. and then you say....... don't you remember I said to you about it on ..............etc etc. They then query the cost and you then say but the flight is only the same cost as say 5 Worthing games,or 3 cds, half the cost of the new pair of shows they just purchased etc etc.

If none of the above works then you have a really difficult choice....... do you stay at home and make your wife's life a misery or divorce her on the basis of mental cruelty.
:D
Laatst gewijzigd door Over Pasanens Head op ma feb 13, 2006 2:39 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » ma feb 13, 2006 2:22 pm

Dont muck about SPL,i told my wife i'd treat her to a long weekend in Amsterdam for her birthday.The fact that we play PSV while we are there is just a strange coincidence. :xyxthumbs:

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma feb 13, 2006 2:34 pm

Happy birthday to your wife and hopefully happy celebration for Ajax :D
Get a Cock

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » ma feb 13, 2006 3:05 pm

Cheers Zoef,she tends to be a good luck charm so fingers crossed. :eusa_pray:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 13, 2006 3:50 pm

English Eagle schreef:Dont muck about SPL,i told my wife i'd treat her to a long weekend in Amsterdam for her birthday.The fact that we play PSV while we are there is just a strange coincidence. :xyxthumbs:
May I give you some personal advice, mate...

Go shopping with your wife on the Sunday...

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma feb 13, 2006 4:01 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
English Eagle schreef:Dont muck about SPL,i told my wife i'd treat her to a long weekend in Amsterdam for her birthday.The fact that we play PSV while we are there is just a strange coincidence. :xyxthumbs:
May I give you some personal advice, mate...

Go shopping with your wife on the Sunday...

K.
And how will that help Ko as the game is on the Saturday night?

Maybe Mr and Mrs English Eagle may wish to join us at the racetrack on the Sunday though.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 13, 2006 4:10 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:And how will that help Ko as the game is on the Saturday night?
I am so good at screwing up my own jokes. Just like Tommy Cooper, except that I don't do it deliberately.
Maybe Mr and Mrs English Eagle may wish to join us at the racetrack on the Sunday though.
Yeah. Horse-racing at Duindigt in The Hague! You should join us. Here's the itinerary for the day: first we smash up the ADO Den Haag clubhouse with baseball bats and then we go to the racetrack. It's right by Scheveningen, so a walk on the beach is possible afterwards! :yes:

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » ma feb 13, 2006 4:11 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Yeah. Horse-racing at Duindigt in The Hague! You
K.
In Wassenaar!

Plaats reactie