08 Feb 2006: Ajax - Willem II

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » do feb 09, 2006 11:39 am

The Purple Cow schreef:I hope Markus Rosenburg is very high on Danny Blind's Christmas card list.

I was wondering who the scum who sit behind me were going to get at, now they no longer have Boukhari to abuse. Well the answer is Jeffrey Sarpong. They decided after about twenty seconds of this game that he is "drie keer nicks" and started to abuse him for the rest of the game. They also amused themselves by inventing new names for him - "PingPong" and "Saporo" etc etc.

They also had time left over to abuse the "stomme kutBelg" Vermaelen, and the "Lama-neuker" Rosales.
TPC, Have you approached any of the stewards about this. Surely they must have to take some action if approached. I know that now in Scotland that if you approach a steward about racist abuse it has to be reported immediately to the nearest policeman, and he must act on this. Failure to do so and you as the complainent can report the policeman to his superiors. Is there nothing similar here in Netherlands.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » do feb 09, 2006 2:01 pm

jamcocteau schreef:
The Purple Cow schreef:
They also had time left over to abuse the "stomme kutBelg" Vermaelen, and the "Lama-neuker" Rosales.
TPC, Have you approached any of the stewards about this. Surely they must have to take some action if approached. I know that now in Scotland that if you approach a steward about racist abuse it has to be reported immediately to the nearest policeman, and he must act on this. Failure to do so and you as the complainent can report the policeman to his superiors. Is there nothing similar here in Netherlands.
:headbang: :headbang:
It's right TPC. I was at a Celtic - Rangers match last season when the Gers fans were "abusing" two Celtic players, Baldo and Agathe. Two "people" ended up inside for three months for verbal and racial abuse!
Tell the stewards and get these sh*ts out of the grround.
:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:
34 will always be with us

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do feb 09, 2006 2:45 pm

What a bunch of fucking dicks. Insulting a Young Ajax player who is making his debut with the first team. Disgraceful. There is no excuse for that shit.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do feb 09, 2006 2:49 pm

hehe well, that's just Dutch humor I guess. We are a little rough on each other. And Pingpong instead of Sarpong isn't that bad? It just the atmosphere in the stadium at the moment.

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » do feb 09, 2006 3:28 pm

Just a question to all dutch speaking people in the house. I can read dutch quite well and understand newspaper articles and such quite well, but one word I do not understand is "ploeg", what does that mean?

J.C.

Bericht door J.C. » do feb 09, 2006 3:33 pm

team

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do feb 09, 2006 3:33 pm

kaiser schreef:Just a question to all dutch speaking people in the house. I can read dutch quite well and understand newspaper articles and such quite well, but one word I do not understand is "ploeg", what does that mean?
team, squad. Equippe in French :bis:

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do feb 09, 2006 4:32 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:
kaiser schreef:Just a question to all dutch speaking people in the house. I can read dutch quite well and understand newspaper articles and such quite well, but one word I do not understand is "ploeg", what does that mean?
team, squad. Equippe in French :bis:
Equipe, one 'p' :)
meh :|

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » do feb 09, 2006 4:48 pm

Thank you JC and GangstaRiB! Now I am rid of that confusion.
:worshippy:

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do feb 09, 2006 4:48 pm

Mon Francais c'est ne pas bien

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » do feb 09, 2006 4:54 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:Mon Francais c'est ne pas bien
Cela n'a pas d'importance! :yes:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Match Report

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 10, 2006 10:41 am

I was in London for two days (and actually missed the Willem II game), but here is the match report!

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... i-1-0.html

(For the record: if none of our staff saw the game in its entirety, our reports are based on TV highlights and newspaper reports. Which is what we did in this particular case).

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr feb 10, 2006 11:01 am

OK, let's forget about that game... It was crap, but after few weeks we'll remember only final score... And it was good for us.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 10, 2006 11:47 am

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:OK, let's forget about that game... It was crap, but after few weeks we'll remember only final score... And it was good for us.
That is true, mate. But on the other hand: Danny Blind always says that kind of thing and I've become a bit cynical about it.

I'll explain what I mean.

Every time we beat a mediocre opponent in another piss-poor game Danny Blind will say something like: "It's all about the points right now", "It was not great, but this result will give us confidence" or - for all I care - the same thing you said.

Problem is: it is not true. We won this game, but did we make a step forward? Did this boost the team's confidence? Answer: no. It was crap and on Sunday, in The Hague, it will be crap again. We might win; we might lose. As I wrote in one of my match reports, a few weeks ago: it seems like every Ajax result (good or bad) is an incident. It doesn't mean anything for the following game. The only thing I see is that Danny Blind has been in charge of this lot for about one year now, and that (after a promising start) we never improved on whatever aspect of the game. We are completely stuck.

Does anyone still believe that Ajax will make serious progress in the remainder of this season...? I definitely don't. What we're seeing right now is what we'll see the rest of the season. This is it. We're not gonna a make step forward in any way. A great win won't spark off anything.

That frustrates me. And I seriously hate Blind for blaming the crowd. I mean come on! We've been absolute dogshit all season, and now it's the crowd's fault? Why doesn't this dude ever reflect on his own work as a coach? He was one of the greatest defenders in the world, but after a full year in charge of Ajax-1 we still don't have our act together in the back. Apparently he just can't bring it across as a coach, can he. Isn't it time for some painful conclusions about the man in charge...?

As much as I hated Ronald Koeman's football philosophy, at least he had some self-criticism every once in a while. I remember him saying after a defeat: "Well, perhaps this way my mistake. We have young players who make mistakes, but also a young coach who makes mistakes. I should have handled this differently."

Danny Blind has only complained about bad luck and the ArenA crowd so far. Come on!

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za feb 11, 2006 8:41 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Danny Blind has only complained about bad luck and the ArenA crowd so far. Come on!
K.
Man, he's stupider than I thought. The last thing he needs are the fans to REALLY get on his back. I think we maybe seeing a man stuggling to hold on...its bye-bye time for Mr Blind me thinks.

X'C ...ooops wrong emoticon... I mean :eusa_dance:

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » za feb 11, 2006 8:56 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
AsgAarD_xxx schreef:OK, let's forget about that game... It was crap, but after few weeks we'll remember only final score... And it was good for us.
That is true, mate. But on the other hand: Danny Blind always says that kind of thing and I've become a bit cynical about it.

I'll explain what I mean.

Every time we beat a mediocre opponent in another piss-poor game Danny Blind will say something like: "It's all about the points right now", "It was not great, but this result will give us confidence" or - for all I care - the same thing you said.

Problem is: it is not true. We won this game, but did we make a step forward? Did this boost the team's confidence? Answer: no. It was crap and on Sunday, in The Hague, it will be crap again. We might win; we might lose. As I wrote in one of my match reports, a few weeks ago: it seems like every Ajax result (good or bad) is an incident. It doesn't mean anything for the following game. The only thing I see is that Danny Blind has been in charge of this lot for about one year now, and that (after a promising start) we never improved on whatever aspect of the game. We are completely stuck.

Does anyone still believe that Ajax will make serious progress in the remainder of this season...? I definitely don't. What we're seeing right now is what we'll see the rest of the season. This is it. We're not gonna a make step forward in any way. A great win won't spark off anything.

That frustrates me. And I seriously hate Blind for blaming the crowd. I mean come on! We've been absolute dogshit all season, and now it's the crowd's fault? Why doesn't this dude ever reflect on his own work as a coach? He was one of the greatest defenders in the world, but after a full year in charge of Ajax-1 we still don't have our act together in the back. Apparently he just can't bring it across as a coach, can he. Isn't it time for some painful conclusions about the man in charge...?

As much as I hated Ronald Koeman's football philosophy, at least he had some self-criticism every once in a while. I remember him saying after a defeat: "Well, perhaps this way my mistake. We have young players who make mistakes, but also a young coach who makes mistakes. I should have handled this differently."

Danny Blind has only complained about bad luck and the ArenA crowd so far. Come on!

K.
There are a few basic problem that Blind has to confess to gain my respect:
That he is to blame for many strange changes of position destroying gains of continuity
The wrong players are in the squad for a 4-3-3 and that is partly his own fault. He have at least one striker to much while the defence an the midfield, well you no what...
There are also injuries to blame, but the main problem is simply that the squad does not hold sufficient class.

I must say though that Blind has shown some tactical skills such as in the game against Twente, in putting Rosenberg on the left flank and given Sarpong the chance, but he sure has a lot to prove. But I fear that the main problem is parts of the squad not the trainer, even though he has to be blamed. The question is just if we will benefit from just another change.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di feb 14, 2006 9:50 am

The game was poor.
But I think Blind is right : the team had no support from the crowd. Vak 410 entered the ArenA only after 15 mn. Before that their section was empty expect for a huge banner about the lack of ambition.
Then, when Ajax was leading, there were sarcastical chants "we are the champions of the world" "Danny Blind : who doesn't know him ?"(from his days of glory as a player) and so on.
Most of Ajax attacks came from the right (Rosales). Thanks to a nice header from Rosenberg we won.

I had a better time 2 days later watching the training and taking pictures with the players...
Appie, stay strong !

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di feb 14, 2006 9:56 am

philippe schreef:The game was poor.
But I think Blind is right : the team had no support from the crowd. Vak 410 entered the ArenA only after 15 mn. Before that their section was empty expect for a huge banner about the lack of ambition.
Then, when Ajax was leading, there were sarcastical chants "we are the champions of the world" "Danny Blind : who doesn't know him ?"(from his days of glory as a player) and so on.
Most of Ajax attacks came from the right (Rosales). Thanks to a nice header from Rosenberg we won.

I had a better time 2 days later watching the training and taking pictures with the players...
So, Philippe, having watched them live (well I think they are live) do you still think that they will beat Inter?
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di feb 14, 2006 10:02 am

Of course, if we have our best players including Sneijder, we can beat inter.
There is no doubt in my mind.
I will bet on that.
Keep in mind that inter suffer from severe superiority complex (line most italian clubs when playing Ajax) and therefore plan to beat us at the ArenA so that they can focus on their serie Z league and play their reserve for the return game.
We surely can take advantage from that and eliminate inter Milan, homeland of the catenaccio.
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie