27 Dec 2005: Ajax - FC Groningen

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di dec 27, 2005 8:54 pm

SwedishFan schreef:Do you know if the game is streamed online?
Sorry bro their is a paid service in Ajax.nl but it's only for people living in the netherlands.I'm watchibg it on Espn international.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di dec 27, 2005 8:55 pm

It is interesting that we have two forwards that both play like crap in the 4-3-3 and very good in the 4-4-2.

Kinda makes you think about how extremely difficult it is to find a good no 9.

Nowadays, it's more or less a gamble if you don't get a dutchman grown up on it.

/ P
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di dec 27, 2005 9:09 pm

Per schreef:It is interesting that we have two forwards that both play like crap in the 4-3-3 and very good in the 4-4-2.

Kinda makes you think about how extremely difficult it is to find a good no 9.

Nowadays, it's more or less a gamble if you don't get a dutchman grown up on it.

/ P
You do have a point Per and i'll tell you something neither of them(Harry and Markus) have been playing well individualy speaking but both of them working as a unit are very,very good. :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray:

That dutchman you are speaking of might as well be Klaas Jan Huntelaar(lets hope :eusa_pray:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di dec 27, 2005 9:27 pm

Thats two for Harry lightning quick counter atack 3-0
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Duke
Site Admin & AT EC 2016 winner

Bericht door Duke » di dec 27, 2005 9:50 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:The only Dutch club I want to get back to a golden era are the Go Ahead Eagles. I love Overmars, and De Adelaarshorst is a cute little stadium with nice people. They deserve to get back.
Nice to read this. I live in Deventer, the home town of the Eagles, but I'm afraid that it will take some time before they return in the HCE. There is very litlle money, they almost went bankrupt, but they are financially healthy now. The positive of this is that there won't be a new stadium, but that they will renovate The Adelaarshorst. Also nice is that Overmars is working as a kind of technical advisor for the Eagles.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad.

Salvador Dali

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » di dec 27, 2005 10:13 pm

:bis: :bis: :bis:
What the bloody hell happened? The match is supposed to last for ninety minutes. They started to switch off with 12 to go!
NINETY minutes MEANS NINETY minutes!
Remember lads!!

Roll on "The Hunter"

:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:

Three more points to the cause!!
34 will always be with us

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di dec 27, 2005 10:18 pm

Love the 3 points.Love that we raced out to a 3:0 against a side which defeated PSV and was playing pretty well. Loved that our strikers,whether hearing footfalls of a new HUNTER in their preserve or not, bagged 3. But, enough with the drama-king stuff. PHEW!!! HUP AJAX !!!
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » di dec 27, 2005 11:30 pm

The two late Groningen goals again underline our need for leadership and organizational skills at back. Imagine how we'll feel if we give away two goals in the last 12 minutes after being 3-0 up against Internazionale... :nooo:

Otherwise, 3 points in the bag after a cold midweek game in december. It could have gone a lot worse. Thumbs up for Harry en Markus for their goals. They've obviously kept their spirit in spite of the KJH signing. :xyxthumbs:

dws

Bericht door dws » di dec 27, 2005 11:34 pm

Good to see Rosales on fine form again. Nice goals from Markus and Angelos. Good thing we have signed Huntelaar; Markus could be facing a ban for two nasty actions.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Match Report

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo dec 28, 2005 1:32 am

Match report is already up, folks...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... e-3-2.html

Yup, this is probably a record. :yes: We're earlier than the English report on Ajax.nl this time, which is not normally the case. I wasn't tired when I got home and decided to start writing straight away.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo dec 28, 2005 2:40 am

Why didnt Heitinga play?
Get a Cock

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » wo dec 28, 2005 4:11 am

Heitinga was ill today.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo dec 28, 2005 4:31 am

It was an awsome first half, it seemed like total football for a while their, but i must say i did bite my fingers in the end...But as K says "al is well that ends well", roll on the next one :xyxthumbs:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo dec 28, 2005 8:55 am

Per schreef:It is interesting that we have two forwards that both play like crap in the 4-3-3 and very good in the 4-4-2.
Well, I can not agree with that : Rosenberg was crap again, spending most of his time hitting his defender; and Babel was nowhere, but he came in as the collapse had already began.

It is clear that Vermaelen has nothing to do in this team : he is terrrible. We had no central defense. We missed Grygera. And probably Escudé.

And we need a leader : it was incredible to see how an easy victory turned to shameful panic.

Given the weak opponent, there really is nothing to celebrate. Rather worrying I would say.
Appie, stay strong !

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » wo dec 28, 2005 9:07 am

philippe schreef:
well, I can not agree with that : Rosenberg was crap again, spending most of his time hitting his defender; and Babel was nowhere, but he came in as the collapse had already began

It is clear that Vermaelen has nothing to do in this team : he is terrrible. We missed Grygera. And probably Escudé.

And we need a leader : it was incredible to see how an easy victory turned to panic.
And I think you are wrong. Rosenberg played his game well, he has one role Charisteas an other, Charisteas would not have made his goals without Rosenberg. Rosenberg did what he should, it was not his best one, but rather good. Furthermore, being an attacker is about making goals. That is what both Markus and Harry are doing for the moment. The concern in this game is the defence.

kaiser

Re: Match Report

Bericht door kaiser » wo dec 28, 2005 9:19 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Match report is already up, folks...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... e-3-2.html

Yup, this is probably a record. :yes: We're earlier than the English report on Ajax.nl this time, which is not normally the case. I wasn't tired when I got home and decided to start writing straight away.

K.
Just a question, it says 3 goals in six games, but is it not the 4th goal of Rosenberg in the last six leauge games?

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » wo dec 28, 2005 9:48 am

How does it work, is Klaas Jan Huntelaar allowed to play in Champions League for Ajax? He has played a couple of matches with Herenveen in UEFA-cup, but I am not sure whether he can play in CL or not.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo dec 28, 2005 1:07 pm

SwedishFan schreef:How does it work, is Klaas Jan Huntelaar allowed to play in Champions League for Ajax?
I think he is... I'm 99% sure.

January is officially the second UEFA transfer window of the season. All transfers in that period are officially acknowledged by the UEFA for the current season, so I think he's eligible...

I sure hope so, anyway...

K.
Still alive...

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » wo dec 28, 2005 1:14 pm

Im sure the only reason a player cannot play is if he has represented another club in the same competition,no worries there then !!. ;)

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo dec 28, 2005 1:59 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
SwedishFan schreef:How does it work, is Klaas Jan Huntelaar allowed to play in Champions League for Ajax?
I think he is... I'm 99% sure.

January is officially the second UEFA transfer window of the season. All transfers in that period are officially acknowledged by the UEFA for the current season, so I think he's eligible...

I sure hope so, anyway...

K.
I dont think he is, just as Charisteas couldnt play for Ajax last season in Europ from bremen. but thats my thought
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo dec 28, 2005 3:05 pm

I doubt it too : I think that being on the list of players of another club for any UEFA vompetition makes it impossible for him to play the CL for Ajax the same season.
It this is so, we will have to revert to Charisteas and good old Yannis (unless we go crazy and play Rosenberg again).
Appie, stay strong !

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo dec 28, 2005 3:11 pm

just read the conclusion of the match report on the official site :"But Ajax stood strong in the end and secured the win." :eusa_liar: :X :eusa_liar: A very inadequate phrase
Appie, stay strong !

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo dec 28, 2005 3:25 pm

philippe schreef: It this is so, we will have to revert to Charisteas and good old Yannis (unless we go crazy and play Rosenberg again).

F*ck Yannis, no offence but that pompous fart cant do shit, only good wen we're desperate-and we're not. I perfer Rosenberg, or even Babel in that sense.
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo dec 28, 2005 3:39 pm

I thought we were rather desperate yesterday during the second half.

Fuck desperation ! :D
Appie, stay strong !

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » wo dec 28, 2005 8:36 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:
philippe schreef: It this is so, we will have to revert to Charisteas and good old Yannis (unless we go crazy and play Rosenberg again).

F*ck Yannis, no offence but that pompous fart cant do shit, only good wen we're desperate-and we're not. I perfer Rosenberg, or even Babel in that sense.
I don't think Yannis is complete crap, but I agree with the general opinion of the comment above... Rosenberg is miles better than Yannis. And I'd also put Babel ahead of Yannis in the pecking order... but behind Rosenberg, Charisteas and Hunter.

Plaats reactie