27 Nov 2005: FC Utrecht - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo nov 27, 2005 10:13 pm

dws schreef:I think everyone will agree that we have to reach a level where we can circumvent dubious match officiating; that is not to excuse the shit that went on today.
on top of it all, i agree and i am not letting up on most of the players...

HOWEVER, the refs have shifted what it takes for us to win games - now, we have to play absolutely great to win, while the other team merely has to be adequate - the odds were being stacked against us today, there can be no other conclusion from those mindboggling decisions

this is not new, this crap has been going on for over a year, teams are gaining false points from us on a regular basis now - psv can get 4 false penalties in one game, but we can't ever get a proper one no matter how many times the other team commits the foul - other teams can clean out our players without a whistle, while we often get carded for plug nothing

again, i say... we deserve fair officiating like everybody else gets no matter how poor we are playing - i dont know about you, but i kind of got the idea that ref would have waved off four equalizers if he had to - i am not afraid to say that it looked like a fixed game
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo nov 27, 2005 10:14 pm

bryan schreef:jesus christ danny blind, just put babel in the fucking striker's role, you mentalist

sorry, i had to get that off my chest :D

lol

bryan

Bericht door bryan » ma nov 28, 2005 12:47 am

HOWEVER, the refs have shifted what it takes for us to win games - now, we have to play absolutely great to win, while the other team merely has to be adequate - the odds were being stacked against us today, there can be no other conclusion from those mindboggling decisions
According to the TV stats Utrecht had 14 shots on target and we had 5.

I'm not saying that we didn't deserve that goal, but I fear the players might use it as an excuse to hide the fact that they played like shit.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma nov 28, 2005 10:33 am

bryan schreef: According to the TV stats Utrecht had 14 shots on target and we had 5.

I'm not saying that we didn't deserve that goal, but I fear the players might use it as an excuse to hide the fact that they played like shit.
Absolutely.
The ref was poor....but Ajax were VERY poor.
I had a bad feeling about this game after the first 10 minutes.
We looked second best for most of the game and the result was fully desrved.

The problems are profound...and I'm begining to question whether Blind is the man to turn this situation around.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma nov 28, 2005 10:52 am

We need a new management for the club.
Too many worthy members have already been lost.
Since van Praag left, everything goes wrong.
Appie, stay strong !

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma nov 28, 2005 10:53 am

bryan schreef:

ya know, that's great and all, but rules are rules - they stunk it up and i missed the first 20 minutes, but this is not some one game phenomenon - i am just sick and tired of AJAX being forced to play by different rules, fair is fair

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Match Report

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma nov 28, 2005 1:27 pm

Here you go, ladies and gentlemen... Another uplifting Ajax tale on Ajax USA!

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... place.html

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » ma nov 28, 2005 1:57 pm

I'm begining to question whether Blind is the man to turn this situation around.

We should recognise that the common denominator in the continual failure of Ajax is the players. Until the players begin to play hard from start to finish Ajax will remain a club that punctuates failure with occasional success. Sacking Blind will only make way for another fall guy.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma nov 28, 2005 2:03 pm

dws schreef: Sacking Blind will only make way for another fall guy.
exactly
Appie, stay strong !

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » ma nov 28, 2005 2:33 pm

:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:
I'm over for the RKC match this weekend. How many goals do you want me to bring over from England?
I've had a word with Walsall's star striker, Matty Fryatt, and he would jump at the chance of showing Amsterdammers how to score goals!
MATTY FRYATT IS THE ANSWER TO THE AJAX SCORING PROBLEMS! MR BLIND. AT LEAST TAKE A LOOK AT HIM BEFORE THE TRANSFER WINDOW OPENS IN JANUARY!!!!
34 will always be with us

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » ma nov 28, 2005 2:54 pm

bryan schreef:

Nailhead/Hammer interface there, Bryan.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma nov 28, 2005 3:15 pm

the "plot" that costed Ajax 10 points only due to referee mistakes ...

Dat de club al weken cq maanden slecht draait, zijn ze bij Ajax wel achter. Binnen de Amsterdamse club ziet men echter nog een factor die een rol heeft gespeeld in de malaise. Middenvelders Nigel de Jong, Hedwiges Maduro en Wesley Sneijder raakten er na het verloren duel bij Utrecht niet over uitgepraat.

De Ajacieden hebben het over de arbitrage. Tegen ADO Den Haag, AZ, PSV, Heerenveen en Utrecht zou de club recht hebben gehad op meer punten. Ajax verloor in totaal dertien punten in die duels.

Voordat Blind over het gebrek aan geluk begon, benadrukte hij het slechte spel van zijn elftal. "Tuurlijk, laten we daar eerlijk over zijn", zegt Blind. "We spelen niet goed en dwingen het ook te weinig af. Maar als je in totaal rond de tien punten verliest door fouten van de arbitrage, kan je niet alles aan jezelf wijten."

De laatste keer dat de Ajax-spelers zich 'genaaid' voelden was gistermiddag. Maduro, De Jong en vooral Sneijder explodeerden van woede toen de goal van Yannis Anastasiou in de blessuretijd werd afgekeurd. ''Belachelijke beslissing. Het was een glaszuivere treffer'', zegt de laatstgenoemde.

Arbiter Johan Verbist was duidelijk: Nigel de Jong duwde Dwight Tiendalli van Utrecht weg. "Dit is de omgekeerde wereld. Ik werd juist onderuit gehaald door Tiendalli. Toen Verbist floot, dacht ik dat we een penalty zouden krijgen. Bij PSV zijn we genaaid en nu weer. Het lijkt wel een complot", reageerde De Jong.
Appie, stay strong !

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma nov 28, 2005 3:33 pm

Oh man the wheels are realy falling of the wagon, bad referee or not we are just stinking. I'm starting to believe it could be a curse :sad:. Hey it happened to Australia......It could be hapening to us.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma nov 28, 2005 3:50 pm

dws schreef:
I'm begining to question whether Blind is the man to turn this situation around.

We should recognise that the common denominator in the continual failure of Ajax is the players. Until the players begin to play hard from start to finish Ajax will remain a club that punctuates failure with occasional success. Sacking Blind will only make way for another fall guy.
Agreed.
Still, it's the manager that has to motivate/cajole/kick-ass.
There have been times when he's got them playing well (even without getting the right result), but it's been inconsistant.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that the malaise is in the player group (and in their true abilities 'cause they aren't delivering and I'm not sure they ever will).....a major player clear-out is needed (winter break, not end of season in my mind...screw the CL; we will be knocked out first round of the play-offs when we meet a half decent team), but even on that Blind/the club are sending the signals that there's not much change anticipated....that's not the message I want to hear....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma nov 28, 2005 4:02 pm

Message for Sneijder, Maduro and De Jong: we're not gonna blame the referees now, are we? Give me a BREAK, that's f**king SAD. How low can you go? Shut yer face and play some football, is what I say.

K.
Still alive...

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » ma nov 28, 2005 6:01 pm

As i have said before i think we can take some comfort out of this season if building blocks are made towards next year & the year after.Surely the time has already come to blood some new players & not just swap around the old ones.

I do wonder though that if our manager wasnt such a legend among us would we already be calling for his head.We all want Blind to succeed because of the player he was but is that clouding our judgement on him as a manager.Remember gentlemen that we have a team of international players who should be performing better,we are Ajax not Willem II,& we should at least be showing signs of improving.

ferry

Bericht door ferry » ma nov 28, 2005 6:04 pm

I read somewhere that Van der Lem made a comment after the match to the referee: "you were bad, almost as bad as we were!" :D

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma nov 28, 2005 7:26 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Message for Sneijder, Maduro and De Jong: we're not gonna blame the referees now, are we? Give me a BREAK, that's f**king SAD. How low can you go? Shut yer face and play some football, is what I say.

K.

agreed, let blind handle that battle... of course, we all knew wesley would shoot his mouth off about it

bryan

Bericht door bryan » ma nov 28, 2005 10:34 pm

I do wonder though that if our manager wasnt such a legend among us would we already be calling for his head.
If his name was Morten Olsen he wouldn't even be alive right now. We sacked him because we dropped down to third place. What are we now? 9? 10? I'm too scared to type teletext 819 into my remote control.

Danny Blind was on that Talpa sport chat show last night, they asked him what went wrong and he gave an answer that turned into a 20 minute lecture about football tactics, the meaning of life and quantum mechanics. I'm sorry, I'm sure he believes in what he says and that it's all a good idea, but half the time I had no idea what he was on about. Sometimes I wonder if the players do. That's a great quote from Van der Lem about the referee being nearly as bad as us, that's the kind of succinct language that Blind needs to learn to master. That's why those few weeks with Krol in charge were so great. Two minute press conferences, fucking brilliant.

dws

Bericht door dws » ma nov 28, 2005 11:23 pm

If his name was Morten Olsen he wouldn't even be alive right now. We sacked him because we dropped down to third place
You could have said Morten Olsen or Co Adriaanse. Everything crap that has happened to this club in recent years can be attributed to the sackings of Olsen and Adriaanse.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di nov 29, 2005 5:38 am

I think that blind should be given the chance too build the team he wants with the player he wants, of course that does not mean to go out and buy every single player but maybe just change the team to what he has in mind( although somebody must tell him to include SQD), lets all remember that Blind took over after Koeman had fucked the team up already. I'll give him this season and the start of the next one before i start looking for an Axe (and a new head coach).
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di nov 29, 2005 7:43 pm

Blind does seem to have a big problem motivating players at the moment but he must be given to the end of the season. Big decision on his future will need to be made then as we will need to bring in a lot of new faces . Our final position may decide his future ie if we do not win the playoffs and are only in UEFA Cup I think he would go ( I know you are all going to laugh at me for suggesting we might even be in the playoffs let alone win them but with the players we have available any decent coach should be able to get us into 5th place in the next 21 games)

Player for player would anyone of you want any PSV player? I wouldn't as they are no better than us but do have a brilliant coach.

If the Board have decided to back Blind then they must start selling in the winter and let him rebuild. As was quoted in a post above we are not going to get any further in the CL as any half decent team will beat us so we must start by selling off those who want to go.

Getting some money now for Pienaar and Trabelsi is vital as we are going to have to buy replacements for them and on current form we are not going to have the millions next season for being in the CL.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di nov 29, 2005 8:35 pm

Steek for Gomes wouldn't be a bad swap.

akieden

Bericht door akieden » wo nov 30, 2005 2:50 am

Steek for Gomes wouldn't be a bad swap.
Gomes? who is it? and why? :pukey:

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo nov 30, 2005 2:14 pm

Maarten is good enough, at least he doesnt conede wak amounts in few games (like PSV's 4-4 draw with RKC)

Player wise we need a leader, possibly playmaker, and wingers (Babel as striker as most of us have suggested)

Managmenet wise I say for Blind to maybe use some youth? Some of their 17 year old stars can bring the revival. Also, get the damn bored into some order, some of these guys are the biggest p00fters I've ever seen
Get a Cock

Plaats reactie