02 Nov 2005: FC Thun - Ajax

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo nov 02, 2005 5:04 pm

Carcajou schreef:
GangstaRiB schreef:Escude played mediocre the last few seasons and bad this season. If you play at Ajax, you must be excellent. I hope the big clean-up is started. Players like Escude, Galasek and Boukhari don't belong at Ajax.
Galasek ?

I'm getting tired of this bullshit, seriously.
I'm just only starting ;)

No but serious. Ajax has to go for glory and prizes, with this squad we will never achieve that. Simply too many average players. Escude for example is one of the elderly, that's why he became captain. But Escude is a nice guy. Not tough enough for the absolute top!
Galasek is needed in a team that plays defensive footballe, like Ajax under the reign of Koeman did. When you want to play offensive, Galasek is not an option. Always passes the ball back to defenders. That's why he got a nickname: Tommie Breed, roughly translated: Tommie Wide, because it is never offensive.
Same goes for Boukhari and maybe even Rosales, who is having major problems just to cross a ball decently. At this level... earning at least 1 milion euro's. I can do it for half!!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo nov 02, 2005 5:07 pm

the FC Thun stadium (not the one where we are playing this evening) :

my only comment : how can we not beat them ?

http://www.ajax.nl/upload_mm/1998359166 ... tadion.jpg
Laatst gewijzigd door Philippe op wo nov 02, 2005 5:11 pm, 3 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Appie, stay strong !

Neefkens
Erelid

Bericht door Neefkens » wo nov 02, 2005 5:09 pm

Underestemation :sad:

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo nov 02, 2005 5:46 pm

Neefkens schreef:Underestemation :sad:

maybe so, but then again none of us will be in uniform tonight :xyxthumbs:
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » wo nov 02, 2005 6:20 pm

What??? You won't be wearing your uniform tonight???

Afbeelding

The dutch expression for the likes of you is 'pannenkoek.'
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo nov 02, 2005 7:57 pm

Carcajou schreef:
3) Julien Escude is not injured, the reason he is not playing is because of poor form and bad play. :nooo:

God.... Move on dude... He was bad ON ONE FUCKING occasion against Feyenoord. You can't call that "poor form" or "bad play". I call that Blind forgetting about how great he had been last season and at the beginning of this one, get a clue.
Dude you need to chill out a little, what i'm trying to say is that the press still thinks his injured when that is really not the case.His form has not been up to par with last year and he has been poor or average in most of the games. He had a wonderful season last year kind of like the season Grygera is having now but he(Escude) has not stud out this year.

To tell you the truth i dont understand blind either, first he was the captain and then he is not even in the squad but you know what????? Its the same story every year, lets remember the start of last season with Koeman, SQD was relegated to the bench too and what hapened later???? He came out with determination and captured the player of the year award, whith a little luck he'll do a similar feat this year ;) .

I know he's french Bertrand but i think that this type of reaction is somewhat out of place.

Relax bro and peace :alc:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo nov 02, 2005 10:45 pm

Ah, lucky escape this evening, but the 3 points are in the pocket (2-4) ! :headbang:

27' 0-1 Sneijder
56' 1-1 Lustrinelli
63' 1-2 Anastasiou
74' 2-2 Adriano
91' 2-3 De Jong
93' 2-4 Boukhari

4 goals ! It must have been a long time we scored so many goals... :blush:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo nov 02, 2005 10:47 pm

2:4!! Nice to be able to speak of a win again.I despise post-mortems and was worried after the score went to 2:2. Thank You Yannis and Nigel! Nice to enjoy an AWAY WIN. :xyxthumbs: Time to ,at least temporarily, remove the mourning shroud.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo nov 02, 2005 11:07 pm

Is it Ajax USA that's wrong or me ?
Ajax is not already qualified for the next round ! Isn't it ?
Thun has 3 points, we have 7, so if we lose the 2 last game and Thun win them, they will have 9... So we still need 2 points. But we can't finish fourth.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo nov 02, 2005 11:21 pm

nice win... but can somebody please tell me what the hell is going on with the officiating we get?

kozic should have been sent off 3 times, the first being when he smashed wesley's eye in with a vicious elbow... and doesn't even get a foul called on him!!! then he hauls down babel going in alone... and they call babel for the foul!!! ummm hello? :redcard:

dws

Bericht door dws » wo nov 02, 2005 11:41 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:nice win... but can somebody please tell me what the hell is going on with the officiating we get?

kozic should have been sent off 3 times, the first being when he smashed wesley's eye in with a vicious elbow... and doesn't even get a foul called on him!!! then he hauls down babel going in alone... and they call babel for the foul!!! ummm hello? :redcard:
Hodzic (i think thats who you meant bluedaddy) should have had red for the elbow on Sneijder; Ferreira should have been red carded for fouling Babel. Thun should have been down to 9 men for the last 10 to fifteen minutes.
Laatst gewijzigd door dws op do nov 03, 2005 1:11 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » wo nov 02, 2005 11:48 pm

I need to downlaod that third goal as soon as possible.

Pienaar's flick for the fourth was fantastic too, but that third goal reminded me why I like football.

dws

Bericht door dws » do nov 03, 2005 12:05 am

The first Thun goal was fucking terrible; Grygera and Maduro were too far apart and because of this made Lustrinelli's job easy.

Grygera and Maduro need some sprint training ... so fucking slow :yes:

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do nov 03, 2005 12:52 am

OK, there is a report on the Ajax USA website stating that Ajax are through to the next round. Thun can still get 9 points to our 7 if we lose both remaining games and Thun win theirs.

Arsenal are through now so they could field 2nd string squads for the game with Thun. It's not over yet! We MUST beat Sparta to make sure!

All my fav players scored tonight! Keep it up boys!

dws

Bericht door dws » do nov 03, 2005 1:25 am

cdnajaxfan schreef:OK, there is a report on the Ajax USA website stating that Ajax are through to the next round. Thun can still get 9 points to our 7 if we lose both remaining games and Thun win theirs.

Arsenal are through now so they could field 2nd string squads for the game with Thun. It's not over yet! We MUST beat Sparta to make sure!

All my fav players scored tonight! Keep it up boys!

Don't overlook Sparta they can still qualify. A win at Ajax would leave them requiring to defeat Thun to have a chance to Qualify. If Sparta were to win their final two games then Ajax would require at least a point at Highbury.

__earth
Contacteer:

Bericht door __earth » do nov 03, 2005 1:28 am

bryan schreef:I need to downlaod that third goal as soon as possible.

Pienaar's flick for the fourth was fantastic too, but that third goal reminded me why I like football.
where are you dl'ing em from? ajaxfans.de still hasn't it up =(
but don't listen to me. I'm a pessimist.

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » do nov 03, 2005 6:15 am

cdnajaxfan schreef:OK, there is a report on the Ajax USA website stating that Ajax are through to the next round.
Ah, that's just me being a dork. I was misled by something I read on UEFA.com. Of course you're right. Ajax can still eff it up. But they won't. (Will they?)

The website is corrected.

:eusa_liar:

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do nov 03, 2005 6:47 am

We can't come in 4th anymore. Does the number 3 go to the Uefa Cup? If so then we sort of qualified for the next round of that. :cheer:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do nov 03, 2005 9:22 am

Ajax did not play well at all, and that's an understatement. You could see it on Blind's face very clearly during the last 20 minutes. He looked very depressed. His comments : ",,I have been less sad, even after matches we lost. Then our play gave us some hope. I missed that today. We played poorly.''
It would have been very humiliating not to beat a team like Thun.
Our defense was mediocre, especially on our right flank. But strangely our firing power did more than the job.
Anyway, we're almost there, but we will have to improve our play.
Appie, stay strong !

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do nov 03, 2005 11:09 am

philippe schreef: Our defense was mediocre, especially on our right flank.

is this some sort of surprise?

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do nov 03, 2005 11:19 am

Well, when Trabelsi is playing, our right flank is very strong, and yesterday it was really weak, especially during the second half of the game.
Appie, stay strong !

dws

Bericht door dws » do nov 03, 2005 11:28 am

philippe schreef:Ajax did not play well at all, and that's an understatement. You could see it on Blind's face very clearly during the last 20 minutes. He looked very depressed. His comments : ",,I have been less sad, even after matches we lost. Then our play gave us some hope. I missed that today. We played poorly.''
It would have been very humiliating not to beat a team like Thun.
Our defense was mediocre, especially on our right flank. But strangely our firing power did more than the job.
Anyway, we're almost there, but we will have to improve our play.
This team will have to learn to bury a game otherwise we will be burying Danny.

Philippe, i think Ajax had 3 very poor patches of play : 10 to 12 minutes before the interval; 10 to 12 minutes from about the 5th minute of the second half; and as you pointed out, the last 20 minutes of the match. Thun threatened to overun Ajax on each of those occasions; Ajax were particularly poorly served by the central midfield and central defenders.
Galasek offered little in the way of cover for Maduro and Grygera; Maduro and Grygera played too far apart, hence Thun found it very easy to penetrate Ajax through the middle. I think that Lustrinelli's goal was a prime example of this vulnerability.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do nov 03, 2005 11:34 am

I agree with you about the midfield.
The whole thing was embarassing.
With the exception of Stekelenburg, Maduro, Sneijder, De Jong, Pienaar, Anastasiou and Boukhari. Emanuelson was very good as usual but unlucky on Thun's second goal ...
Laatst gewijzigd door Philippe op do nov 03, 2005 5:25 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Appie, stay strong !

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » do nov 03, 2005 11:48 am

Both the first two Ajax goals were own-goals, so FINALLY the footballing Gods decided to smile upon us again.

It's been a while I'm sure you'll agree.

dws

Bericht door dws » do nov 03, 2005 11:49 am

The whole thing was embarassing.
With the exception of Stekelenburg, Sneijder, De Jong, Pienaar, Anastasiou and Boukhari. Emmanuelson was very good as usual
We could do with more players with the energy and commitment of Urby.

Sneijder, De Jong , Pienaar and Anastasiou worked their socks off.

Stekelenburg was very solid except when dealing with pass backs. Blind should order his players never to pass the ball back to Steke .... it's too f*cking scary.

Plaats reactie